(DEAD) Anchorman - $9.99 - Blu-Ray at Best Buy (online only)

[quote name='killias2']It's a neat set (although the case is quite cheap!), but I literally just bought this on Saturday (!!!!!!)[/QUOTE]Buy a new copy with in-store pickup and return the unopened copy with your receipt from Saturday. They may not do a price adjustment off the website price, as some BB stores don't match their website pricing for some odd reason. Buying a new copy to get the $9.99 price now will be the only way you can make sure you have a copy at the $9.99 price.

[quote name='bigt7117']Can you price match this at the store?[/QUOTE] Why bother with the hassle? Just order online with in-store pickup. You'll lock in the price & they'll hold it for you.

Awesome deal!

I almost picked this up last week for $19.99 but decided to wait. I am sure glad I did now. :)

Thank you, OP!

This is a GREAT disc -- packed with goodies -- a real bargain at $10.

BTW if you ordered it online and paid $19.99, you can get a price adjustment easy by calling their 800 number. The customer service rep said her last call was for the same thing. Got $10 back in about a minute :)

I can do pick up at store. I'm tempted as long as it's in stock tomorrow. I'm hoping the price remains the same if I do that though.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']This is a GREAT disc -- packed with goodies -- a real bargain at $10.

BTW if you ordered it online and paid $19.99, you can get a price adjustment easy by calling their 800 number. The customer service rep said her last call was for the same thing. Got $10 back in about a minute :)[/QUOTE]Good to know that they'll do the price adjustment over the phone for online orders.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I can do pick up at store. I'm tempted as long as it's in stock tomorrow. I'm hoping the price remains the same if I do that though.[/QUOTE]If you want it, you'll likely have to order it today and only today. The website will show stock of 3+ copies if it's showing as available for in-store pickup. If you wait until tomorrow, you won't be able to get it at this price.

I'm really glad that their website works really well. I had to change my password because I haven't ordered from them in a long time so I don't remember it and now it says my password isn't correct when I try to log in. And now every time I request to change my password, I clink on the link in the email and change it and it says the link has expired. I guess I won't be getting Anchorman...

not that its a major issue, but I placed an order online for store pickup. tried to apply my 10 dollar rewards certificate. it would not accept, due to it being worth more than the value of the item being purchased. I thought after tax was added it would apply. I know I have used 10 dollar certificates in store on 9.99 items before after tax. I know 10 bucks is not a lot of money, but hell if I earned it I should be able to spend it. order was placed and I will attempt to use it in store after work.

Would love to pick this up, but unfortunately it's sold out for in-store pickup out of 3 locations near me. Oh well, I'll look for it again tomorrow.

Just placed an order for in-store pickup. Thanks OP.

I already have the HD-DVD for it, but the extra features make it an easy buy.

Not a big Will Ferrell fan, but the loaded supplements tempted me to buy it last week when all the other Blu-Ray catalog ports flooded in. Passed since it wasn't sub-$10 like the rest, but this deal eliminates that issue...

Thanks, OP.

I haven't bought a blu-ray this entire year I don't think, but Best Buy exclusive + one day only price means it might be awhile before the price gets this cheap again.

One of my favorite movies too, so I'm in. Luckily the closest store to me is the only one with copies still available.

First the Daria deal, and now this.. Best Buy has been doing pretty good on these one day only deals.

Edit: Went to recheck the page, and now it's unavailable for instore pickup - I guess I grabbed the last copy! Glad I stopped procrastinating on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='irighti']not that its a major issue, but I placed an order online for store pickup. tried to apply my 10 dollar rewards certificate. it would not accept, due to it being worth more than the value of the item being purchased. I thought after tax was added it would apply. I know I have used 10 dollar certificates in store on 9.99 items before after tax. I know 10 bucks is not a lot of money, but hell if I earned it I should be able to spend it. order was placed and I will attempt to use it in store after work.[/QUOTE]

Might be ymmv but my local bestbuy has never allowed me to use $10 rewards certificates on $9.99 items.

LOL, god dammit. What are the fucking odds that 4 hrs before the OP posted this deal, I bought the HD DVD version of Anchorman from half.com for $5.50. They already charged my credit card too.

Needless to say, I just bought this blu ray for $9.99. Thanks OP.

fuck !!!

Geez, I just paid 24.99 for this 2 days ago, gonna buy this and return the one I get in for a refund. Score!!

EDIT:

Nevermind :( It's sold out on shipping and I bought the last one they had in the store :mad: Any way I can take it back to the store and get my difference refunded???

[quote name='mr_bungle']Geez, I just paid 24.99 for this 2 days ago, gonna buy this and return the one I get in for a refund. Score!!

EDIT:

Nevermind :( It's sold out on shipping and I bought the last one they had in the store :mad: Any way I can take it back to the store and get my difference refunded???[/QUOTE]

Print out the website, go into the store today, and hope you get lucky with a nice customer service rep.

Hmm...the BB I bought it from is 30 miles away. Is it worth the drive up there to save 15 bucks? I'll see if dad needs to make a trip to the office lol.

And to those on the fence, this is supposed to a pretty limited print of the blu. I have seen the extras by themselves sell for $20 on eBay.

Thanks OP. Never would have known otherwise.

The local store is holding it for an hour and price matching.

I would be frustrated that I paid $20 last week not knowing how long it would be in stock, and now no stores in my entire state have it...but meh. I might be near a BB tonight so maybe I'll give the PM a shot just for fun.

[quote name='dafunkk12']Not a big Will Ferrell fan, but the loaded supplements tempted me to buy it last week when all the other Blu-Ray catalog ports flooded in. Passed since it wasn't sub-$10 like the rest, but this deal eliminates that issue...

Thanks, OP.[/QUOTE]

Same!!! Went in to BB and they had one left after looking online, saying unavaliable and they PM the online price without any hesistation!!!!:applause::bouncy:

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I would be frustrated that I paid $20 last week not knowing how long it would be in stock, and now no stores in my entire state have it...but meh. I might be near a BB tonight so maybe I'll give the PM a shot just for fun.[/QUOTE]

Same here. If it's really that rare, ~10 dollars to make sure that I've got it isn't a bad price. I know the day before I went there were 4 and the next day there was 1 left so I figured it was do or die. And since I missed the dvd version of Wake Up, RB...it was worth it.

[quote name='irighti']not that its a major issue, but I placed an order online for store pickup. tried to apply my 10 dollar rewards certificate. it would not accept, due to it being worth more than the value of the item being purchased. I thought after tax was added it would apply. I know I have used 10 dollar certificates in store on 9.99 items before after tax. I know 10 bucks is not a lot of money, but hell if I earned it I should be able to spend it. order was placed and I will attempt to use it in store after work.[/QUOTE]You may be thinking of gift cards and not RZ certs. RZ certs always have to have the pre-tax total more than the cert value, otherwise they won't work to deduct items off of the total, and they do this pre-tax. Gift cards work post-tax and they can be used on items of any value and if there's residual value, it remains on the card.

I've never been able to use RZ certs on a purchase that is less than the cert value, and it says is clearly on the terms and conditions for the certificate about the pre-tax total being more than the certificate's value.

If you say you've been doing it, I have no idea how that's the case because the system prevents you from doing it.

Got one w/ instore pickup...considered this for 19.99 Sunday...glad I waited.

Pretty much sold out at all stores in DSM IA....Ames still has copies

i was shocked that Wake Up, Ron Burgundy is also included in HD... figured it would be the same DVD disc they released before.

bread's done
Back