[Dead] Animal Crossing: New Leaf @ Walmart $22.96 (now $30))

Looks like Amazon is done with this game. The price went back to $33.50.

Even though I got it for the $24 sale price I'm still a little annoyed that I couldn't get it for $22. Guess that's the CAG in me.
Still shows that price for me ($22.96) if you can do in store pick up at Walmart.

I'm surprised this thread wasn't more active. Maybe because there were 3 or so threads made for it. I would have thought more people would have jumped on this. Oh well.

I was never interested in Animal Crossing until this one. My family loved the last couple but I never bothered to try it. I guess I'm getting older so I'm more interested in this type of game now than I used to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still shows that price for me ($22.96) if you can do in store pick up at Walmart.

I was talking about Amazon since that's where I bought it. I wish they would continue the price drop war though. I'm not going to hassle with returns just to save $2.00.

I wonder if this was a ploy by Nintendo to sell more copies.

I was talking about Amazon since that's where I bought it. I wish they would continue the price drop war though. I'm not going to hassle with returns just to save $2.00.

I wonder if this was a ploy by Nintendo to sell more copies.
Everything's kayfabe; nothing is real.

;)

I'm really sorry, I've been talking about Amazon this whole time, and I just realized that this was the Walmart thread for this game. I'll shut up and go back to lurking.

Added for in-store pickup.  Bought this last week at Walmart, so, I'm gonna return my $34.99 copy.  Thanks, OP!

Told Amazon I wanted them to price match Walmart, they did this:

Thank you for confirming. I've found the order. Usually we only price match when a price of the item drop on Amazon within 7 days of delivery. We do not price match with other website. But as an exception, I'll go ahead and issue a $2 promotional credit on your account, which can be used on your future orders on items shipped and sold by Amazon.

Told Amazon I wanted them to price match Walmart, they did this:
Thank you for confirming. I've found the order. Usually we only price match when a price of the item drop on Amazon within 7 days of delivery. We do not price match with other website. But as an exception, I'll go ahead and issue a $2 promotional credit on your account, which can be used on your future orders on items shipped and sold by Amazon.

Nice! I'm a little hesitant to try this since I just asked for a price adjustment yesterday...

Wow! That's it ... I can't resist any longer. Ordered a copy for in-store pickup and I'll grab it on my way home.

Hopefully no issues - Walmart's in-store pickup kind of sucks.

What is up with this? I don't think I've ever seen this happen before. Especially with such a popular game. There's no physical copies available around my location at all

Wow! So will in-stores price be 22.96 too if i just walk in and ask for the game? Walmart so pricematch there website right?

Wow! So will in-stores price be 22.96 too if i just walk in and ask for the game? Walmart so pricematch there website right?
No they don't. You have to place an in-store pickup order to get the online price. You can't walk in and just try to buy it.

I tried resisting for as long as I could, but at $23 I have to bite. Luckily my store has it in-stock. Thanks for keeping this updated OP!

forgot to price match the second price drop so i basically paid an extra $4 compared to this. $26 is still decent

if it goes below $20 i'll be pissed lol

Just placed an order, thanks for the heads up.  Been holding out, but no way I can hold out any longer.  $23 is a crazy price.

Never played the series, but I've read a lot of great reviews for this and it seems to me a lot of CAG's are all over this deal. Had to PM this at my local Best Buy! Hopefully this will be a very good reason to pick up and start playing my 3DS again.

This is so weird...  Nintendo first-party game usually take forever to drop, and this was released not even a month ago.  Either WM waaay over ordered on their stock and needed them gone ASAP, or this is a mistake on someone's part on thinking this game is older than it is or something.

Thanks for the head's up, OP. My daughter has been asking for this game recently, and with this price drop I finally ordered it.

DARN! Always come in this topic at the wrong time... There's NONE left in stock in my local area now.

just called my local best buy and asked to price matched even though its out of stock online (why not try right?).

She spoke to her manager and got the ok! Thanks OP!!! 

I just walked into walmart and the price tag still said $34.99 so I pulled up the website on my phone and showed it to the guy in electronics. He said if it showed up like that in his computer too he will give it to me and he gave it to me for $22. So yea, its awesome!  

Guessing Amazon won't match this since they're backordered? Not a huge loss I suppose and not worth cancelling the Amazon order to me. Sales tax alone puts the price above at Walmart, plus gas and all that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guessing Amazon won't match this since they're backordered? Not a huge loss I suppose and not worth cancelling the Amazon order to me. Sales tax alone puts the price above at Walmart, plus gas and all that.
They put their price back up to $35 now so I doubt it.

PM'ed at Best Buy last night. Printed out the item with it saying out of stock online and they honored it no problem.

Any chance anyone screen captured Wal-Mart's site when it was $22.96 for a possible future price match?

bread's done
Back