(DEAD) Batman Animated Series sale + $5 TDKR Movie cash on select titles at BB

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Update: Everything but Batman: TAS Vol 3 and a few of the movies appears to be dead now

Update 2:

The prices for Batman: TAS have dropped somewhat on amazon recently:

Vol 1 - $20
Vol 2 - $22.49
Vol 3 - $15.99 (still $14.99 at BB)
Vol 4 - $21.49
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I mentioned this in the Justice league thread, but figured some might miss it. I've been trying to piece together Batman: TAS, and have Volumes one and four so far, which usually are found cheaper than the other 2 volumes. Season 3 oddly enough was just re-released to included $5 movie cash to the Dark Knight Rises. Best Buy has it for just $14.99 and Free shipping. Additionally they have Batman Beyond Season One + $5 movie cash for $9.99.

They also have several other Batman animated shows/movies on sale

TV Series:

Batman: TAS Volume 3 (w/ Movie cash) -!4.99
Batman Beyond Season One (w/ Movie cash) - $9.99
Batman Beyond Season Three - $9.99
The Batman Season One - $4.99
The Batman Season Two - $4.99
The Batman Season Three - $4.99 (Sold Out Online)
The Batman Season Four - $4.99 (Sold Out Online)
The Batman Season Five - $4.99 (Sold Out Online)
Batman Brave and the Bold Season One Part 1 - $4.99
Batman Brave and the Bold Season One Part 2 - $4.99
Batman Brave and the Bold Season Two Part 1 - $4.99

Features (all on DVD):

Batman Year One - $4.99
Batman Gotham Knight - $4.99
Superman/Batman Public Enemies - $4.99
Superman/Batman Apocalypse - $4.99
Batman Under the Red Hood - $4.99

Plus don't forget about the $10 incentive if you spend $50 and choose in-store pick-up!

Last edited by a moderator:
(sorry speaking of the batman, didn't realize there was another page) I'll be the first to admit it's more of an opinion, but the show was terrible. The animation was very cheap though it tried to look "nice", and the character designs were crap. I think my biggest problem with it was the joker. The joker is not a man who knows monkey kung fu. And they did barely anything with the bruce wayne part of the show. (I know batman brave and the bold didn't either but I forgave that show). I watched most of the first two seasons of the batman, and I don't think there was any point where I didn't want to gouge my eyes out, or at least cut off the hands of the genius who decided to create a modern edgy batman. The only decent thing about the show was we saw a few villains that had not been shown in any of the cartoons til then.

[quote name='Gden'](sorry speaking of the batman, didn't realize there was another page) I'll be the first to admit it's more of an opinion, but the show was terrible. The animation was very cheap though it tried to look "nice", and the character designs were crap. I think my biggest problem with it was the joker. The joker is not a man who knows monkey kung fu. And they did barely anything with the bruce wayne part of the show. (I know batman brave and the bold didn't either but I forgave that show). I watched most of the first two seasons of the batman, and I don't think there was any point where I didn't want to gouge my eyes out, or at least cut off the hands of the genius who decided to create a modern edgy batman. The only decent thing about the show was we saw a few villains that had not been shown in any of the cartoons til then.[/QUOTE]

i agree with this 1000%. They tried to be original with the Joker, but now that I go back and think about it, that joker was fucking stupid and is an insult to one if not the greatest supervillan of ALL time. Like I said before, the show was good once robin and batgirl joined the team.

BTW anyone know how much movie money comes with batamn beyond season 1? Ima go and pick that up along with BNB Season 2, and Under the Red Hood (Best movie on that list)

[quote name='Royal High Knight']i agree with this 1000%. They tried to be original with the Joker, but now that I go back and think about it, that joker was fucking stupid and is an insult to one if not the greatest supervillan of ALL time. Like I said before, the show was good once robin and batgirl joined the team.

BTW anyone know how much movie money comes with batamn beyond season 1? Ima go and pick that up along with BNB Season 2, and Under the Red Hood (Best movie on that list)[/QUOTE]

They all have $5.

[quote name='Gden']The batman is a gigantic piece of crap. Also, is the batman B&TB season that includes the music meister episode on there, somewhere?[/QUOTE]

"Mayhem of the Music Meister" is part of Season 1 Part 2.

Bought all of Brave and the Bold. Debating on picking up Vol 3 of TAS. I'll probably bite since it's rarely that cheap.

So, how many seasons did B:TBaTB run?

I can see it's two from the links in this OP, though did it run more than the two seasons?

Did anyone actually enjoy "The Batman"? I think it's a love it or hate it sort of ordeal... I think I may get it and will probably enjoy it as long as I don't get hyped up for it.

Definitely grabbing Red Hood for $5. One of the best Batman features I've seen since Mask of the Phantasm (although, admittingly I haven't seen it MotP since I was a kid).

[quote name='HydroX']Definitely grabbing Red Hood for $5. One of the best Batman features I've seen since Mask of the Phantasm (although, admittingly I haven't seen it MotP since I was a kid).[/QUOTE]
Coincidentally, I just bought Mask of the Phantasm a couple weeks ago. It holds up really well. Still totally awesome.

Has anyone gone ahead and printed the certificate for their movie cash? I have two and wanted to know if I can use them both or have to give it to a friend to get his ticket. The FAQ on the movie cash website says it will say on the certificate, but I haven't decided which local theater I'm gonna go to therefore I haven't made it yet.

[quote name='Torik_Shai']Coincidentally, I just bought Mask of the Phantasm a couple weeks ago. It holds up really well. Still totally awesome.[/QUOTE]

Ugh. You're talking me into ordering it on DVD from goHastings for $2.99 used.

[quote name='shrike4242']If anyone finds Brave And The Bold S2V2 in-store at $4.99, would you mind posting the SKU # for it in here?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately shrike, Season 2 Volume 2 and Season 3 are both still at their regular price of $14.99 and not part of the sale.

[quote name='Tyga24']Unfortunately shrike, Season 2 Volume 2 and Season 3 are both still at their regular price of $14.99 and not part of the sale.[/QUOTE]Oh well. Thank you for checking.

Forgot to look at the tags when I was in store; does anyone know how long these prices will last? Was going to let a friend at work know tonight so I need to make sure if they are only going to be these prices until the end of the week or not.

[quote name='JediJames2']Forgot to look at the tags when I was in store; does anyone know how long these prices will last? Was going to let a friend at work know tonight so I need to make sure if they are only going to be these prices until the end of the week or not.[/QUOTE]
At least until tomorrow. The steelbooks have been holding at $10 so I would think these prices might last another week.

[quote name='JediJames2']Forgot to look at the tags when I was in store; does anyone know how long these prices will last? Was going to let a friend at work know tonight so I need to make sure if they are only going to be these prices until the end of the week or not.[/QUOTE]

ir says on the tag the 7th (Today Saturday) -- I'd get it befre you are sorry haha

I'm glad I saw this thread today. I ended up buying Season 1 of BB and both parts of Season 1 for the Brave and the Bold. I ended up buying Vol 1 of the Animated Series from Wal-Mart in January and bought the other three volumes on Amazon the same day. I definitely recommend buying Vol 3 as it's the best season of the series (in my opinion).

Picked up Red Hood and decided "what the hell" on Dark Knight Steelbook. Should've grabbed Begins too but I shouldn't be spending much right now.

Finally got around to trading some games in. Got $38 back for the 5 or 6 games, and bought The Batman Season 1-3, and Batman Brave and The Bold Season 1 Part 2 in store, and I just bought BB&tB S1Pt1 and S2Pt2 online. Total out of pocket was $0.03 :D

Dang! I waited too long and missed out on The Batman Seasons 3-5 sets. :cry: Are these deals only online or can these be bought at the store?

I might as well buy Under the Red Hood DVD. I still love that animation and story from Batman.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']Not sure if anyone saw it or not, but the complete series of batman beyond was listed as the deal of the week on amazon for me today.

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Beyond...&qid=1341772576&sr=8-4&keywords=batman+beyond

45.49 for it, good deal to me since I don't have any of the sets yet and I hate best buy :D[/QUOTE]

Hasn't this set been out almost 2 years? I really wish they did a bigger print run of TAS. Couldn't find that after a year :(

It's possible the Batman Beyond set had the same number printed, but it just isn't as popular as Batman: TAS is so it wouldn't sell out as fast.

[quote name='ssjmichael']It's possible the Batman Beyond set had the same number printed, but it just isn't as popular as Batman: TAS is so it wouldn't sell out as fast.[/QUOTE]

Could be. I just want TAS box set so bad but there are so many bootlegs of that set going around.

I'm still waiting for Batman: TAS Vol. 2 to drop in price. It's the only set I need left to own the entire series.

Is anyone still waiting for their orders to ship from BB.com?

Since I was waiting for my orders till and amazon had the Batman Beyond Collection on sale for about the price of Season 1 and Season 3, I cancelled those items and bought from amazon.

They had a big cardboard display at my local Wal-Mart with all the movies/shows to promote the new batman movie. I'll post a pic soon. They had:

Batman TAS vol 3 $14.xx
Batman begins Blu $9.xx (new cover art)
Dark Knight Blu $9.xx (new cover art)
Batman Beyond Vol 1 and 3 $9.xx
Superman Batman 2 pack movies (public enemies and apocalypse) $9.xx
Batman 3 pack (year one, red hood, Gotham knight) $14.xx
Batman brave and the bold season 3 (don't know price)
Batman animated compilation DVDs $5

They had some other stuff but I don't remember. All came with DKR movie cash. And they had at least 10-15 copies of animated series vol. 3.

[quote name='PR Mega X']I really enjoyed Apocalypse, anyone have an opinion on Public Enemies? I might pick up that bundle this weekend.[/QUOTE]

Its a great movie. Quite a bit of cameos, espically in the one fight scene in the park alittle into the movie. Its by far the best team-up movie with superman and batman. Also buy Under the Red Hood if you havent seen it yet. Quite Possibly the best animated superhero movie ive seen.

[quote name='RockMySocks10']Seems like quite a few blu rays that come with $5 money money for Dark Knight Rises
all from walmart.com

Batman Begins $10
Dark Knight $10
Batman Beyond Season 1 $14
Blade $14
Blade Trinity $10
Inception $10
The Matrix $10
Terminator Salvation $10
Clash of the Titans $10
Sucker Punch $14
Watchmen $14
Superman $14
Superman 2 $14
V for Vendetta $14[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah they had this display too. They 2 cardboard standee displays for TDKR. This one was one sided, the other one I mentioned earlier was 4 sided. I'm on my phone, is there anyway to post pics from it?

Couldn't resist at these prices; more of a Superman fan but the Bats is always a pleasure to watch, too :) Picked up the three Brave and the Bold on sale and also picked up The Batman Seasons 3-5 -- Only care to watch it when Batgirl and Robin hit the scene. I've heard mixed reviews on Seasons 1-2 so I passed on those. Didn't pick up Bats TAS V3. I love those cartoons but watched all of them and more interested in watching shows I haven't seen.

bread's done
Back