(DEAD) Batman Animated Series sale + $5 TDKR Movie cash on select titles at BB

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Update: Everything but Batman: TAS Vol 3 and a few of the movies appears to be dead now

Update 2:

The prices for Batman: TAS have dropped somewhat on amazon recently:

Vol 1 - $20
Vol 2 - $22.49
Vol 3 - $15.99 (still $14.99 at BB)
Vol 4 - $21.49
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I mentioned this in the Justice league thread, but figured some might miss it. I've been trying to piece together Batman: TAS, and have Volumes one and four so far, which usually are found cheaper than the other 2 volumes. Season 3 oddly enough was just re-released to included $5 movie cash to the Dark Knight Rises. Best Buy has it for just $14.99 and Free shipping. Additionally they have Batman Beyond Season One + $5 movie cash for $9.99.

They also have several other Batman animated shows/movies on sale

TV Series:

Batman: TAS Volume 3 (w/ Movie cash) -!4.99
Batman Beyond Season One (w/ Movie cash) - $9.99
Batman Beyond Season Three - $9.99
The Batman Season One - $4.99
The Batman Season Two - $4.99
The Batman Season Three - $4.99 (Sold Out Online)
The Batman Season Four - $4.99 (Sold Out Online)
The Batman Season Five - $4.99 (Sold Out Online)
Batman Brave and the Bold Season One Part 1 - $4.99
Batman Brave and the Bold Season One Part 2 - $4.99
Batman Brave and the Bold Season Two Part 1 - $4.99

Features (all on DVD):

Batman Year One - $4.99
Batman Gotham Knight - $4.99
Superman/Batman Public Enemies - $4.99
Superman/Batman Apocalypse - $4.99
Batman Under the Red Hood - $4.99

Plus don't forget about the $10 incentive if you spend $50 and choose in-store pick-up!

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw a Dark Knight Rises shipper at my local Walmart with the DVD versions of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight (among other random movies) for $5 .. with the $5 movie cash.

I don't know about the movies, but none of the animated series titles have any.

All of these deals except Batman: TAS Vol 3 and a few of the movies appear to be dead now

sigh... too bad the movie ticket ends on Aug 5th. So quick. Why cant they just extend it like at least a month just like the other tickets? Batman is a huge movie.

The ultra violet copies seem to be a wal mart exclusive. Log in to flixster to see which ones are available. All of the animated ones are on there.

Also batman beyond 1 and 3 rang up 14.99 yesterday at best buy but the tags said the sales price is valid until 8/4 so I still got it for 9.99. I can confirm that those sets dont come with a Uv code even if they include movie money including bats v3 while the ones at wal mart have a Uv sticker on the box.

[quote name='mig0']Do any of these come with UV codes?[/QUOTE]

Most or all the ones I saw at walmart had UV codes on them. I posted this on the page before, but here's what they had:

They had a big cardboard display at my local Wal-Mart with all the movies/shows to promote the new batman movie. I'll post a pic soon. They had:

Batman TAS vol 3 $14.xx
Batman begins Blu $9.xx (new cover art)
Dark Knight Blu $9.xx (new cover art)
Batman Beyond Vol 1 and 3 $9.xx
Superman Batman 2 pack movies (public enemies and apocalypse) $9.xx
Batman 3 pack (year one, red hood, Gotham knight) $14.xx
Batman brave and the bold season 3 (don't know price)
Batman animated compilation DVDs $5

None of the 3 animated Batman movies I bought from Best Buy had TDKR movie cash, but the Blade blu-ray I got did. I'm heading over to BB after work tonight to exchange (and price adjust) a damaged Blade 2, so hopefully I can get some more movie cash then.

Sorry to ask if this has been answered (I skimmed and didn't see and answer.) Can you use multiple hollywood movie money $5 certs on one movie ticket. Tried to google it but couldn't get an answer.

It's not supposed to work like that and don't expect it to, but I think one person in a diffrent thread said their theater said they could stack the movie money into a single ticket. So it's completely YMMV. Your best bet is the contact the theater I guess. I do wish that were the case though as I have an $8 one printed, but a code for a $5 one which will probably go unused unless I can stack it.

the hollywood movie money thing confuses me. with the $5//$8 stickers that you then use to print out and take to the theater... dont they count as PASSES? the confusing part is that, IF they do, the movie says "no passes" and the coupon/voucher is only good for the first 2 weeks (but it takes 1 or 2, sometimes more, for the movie to stop saying NO PASSES)

someone help clarify this or clear this up for me?

[quote name='doooork']the hollywood movie money thing confuses me. with the $5//$8 stickers that you then use to print out and take to the theater... dont they count as PASSES? the confusing part is that, IF they do, the movie says "no passes" and the coupon/voucher is only good for the first 2 weeks (but it takes 1 or 2, sometimes more, for the movie to stop saying NO PASSES)

someone help clarify this or clear this up for me?[/QUOTE]

You'll be fine. I just used mine to get tickets for a showing tomorrow and had no problem at all. I also used movie money for Amazing Spider-Man the day after it came out and that went fine as well.

yeah just go to the website pick the theather, print out the coupon and give it to the cashier and it will take $5 off your purchase. Man it cost $12.50 just to see a fucking movie nowadays. I remember when it use to cost 7 and Im pretty young to.

Yeah, we still get movies here in Ames, IA for 7 or 8 dollars. It's 5 dollars on Tuesdays and we also have a dollar theater with 5 screens. I know in Iowa City it's about 12 bucks.

Anyways, quick question, how do you find out if your teather accepts the vouchers?

Anyone know if these $5 off movie tickets stack on a single ticket? I have 3 codes and I only need to get 2 tickets. Last time I bought 3 tickets for Spider-Man using 2 $10 off codes and 1 $12 off code and the $12 off code covered the extra costs from the other two tickets. Just wondering if the same thing applies.

EDIT: Derp. Didn't even read this page which had the answer.

Well I'm bummed. my local theater doesnt accept the $5 hollywoodmoviemoney from The Matrix DVD I just bought. I opened the wrapping...am I screwed trying to return it?

[quote name='GamerDude316']Well I'm bummed. my local theater doesnt accept the $5 hollywoodmoviemoney from The Matrix DVD I just bought. I opened the wrapping...am I screwed trying to return it?[/QUOTE]

yeah. Your theater sucks ass. I used 2 of my 3 codes with no promblem. Too bad this movie didnt really live to the hype.

Just to inform you guys, some of the DVD's like Under the Red Hood and Year One are back instock and still $4.99 on Best Buy.com. The same goes for The Batman season sets.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm still on the fence about The Batman though. On one hand, $25 for the complete series seems great. On the other, I'm still not sure how I feel about the redesigned look.

[quote name='ssjmichael']The prices for Batman: TAS have dropped somewhat on amazon recently:

Vol 1 - $20
Vol 2 - $22.49
Vol 3 - $15.99 (still $14.99 at BB)
Vol 4 - $21.49[/QUOTE]

This is easily the cheapest I have ever seen Vol. 2 and 4. I just ordered both. Thanks for the heads up. My collection is complete!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='batman1939']I got them all and after watching the first season I'm starting to like it. Don't like that they made Mr. Freeze a mutant, but just think of it as an Elseworld comic.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like Season 4 your ranting about. I don't like Season 4 or the animation change, or how Freeze is a headless person, or how Joker has no red makeup on his face, and etc. so that's why I'm only owing Seasons 1-3.

[quote name='E_Man']Anyone know if BestBuy.com price matches from Amazon.com?[/QUOTE]

Apparently they do now. At my local store they answer the phone and specifically say the pm amazon.com

[quote name='slowdive21']Apparently they do now. At my local store they answer the phone and specifically say the pm amazon.com[/QUOTE]

Whoa I did not know this! VERY good to know.

Btw at wbshop.com all of the Batman animated series are sub $20 and there is a coupon DEALS10 which take another $10 off $50. Get the entire series for about $80

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Btw at wbshop.com all of the Batman animated series are sub $20 and there is a coupon DEALS10 which take another $10 off $50. Get the entire series for about $80[/QUOTE]
you got my hopes up, that's The Batman, something different.

[quote name='guardian_owl']you got my hopes up, that's The Batman, something different.[/QUOTE]

Why not just get them from Amazon? All four volumes come to $79.97 shipped.

[quote name='E_Man']Sounds like Season 4 your ranting about. I don't like Season 4 or the animation change, or how Freeze is a headless person, or how Joker has no red makeup on his face, and etc. so that's why I'm only owing Seasons 1-3.[/QUOTE]

Interesting ... my friends who have watched this show insist season 3-5 are the best of the series, as in where the creators finally get their groove and drive the imagination to a different level.

I did not pick up seasons 1-2 of this show in large part due to their comments. Most of the Bat's supporters on Amazon.com appear to support my friends' assessments. Seasons 1-2 are the weakest in terms of reviews while the others seem to much more highly regarded.

I'm debating over getting season 1-2; anyone else think this series is worth it?

BTW, those who love Batman really need to pick up Brave and the Bold -- such a wonderful imagining of the Bat universe -- easily one of my favorite Bat toons ever.

[quote name='E_Man']Sounds like Season 4 your ranting about. I don't like Season 4 or the animation change, or how Freeze is a headless person, or how Joker has no red makeup on his face, and etc. so that's why I'm only owing Seasons 1-3.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='romeogbs19']Interesting ... my friends who have watched this show insist season 3-5 are the best of the series, as in where the creators finally get their groove and drive the imagination to a different level.

I did not pick up seasons 1-2 of this show in large part due to their comments. Most of the Bat's supporters on Amazon.com appear to support my friends' assessments. Seasons 1-2 are the weakest in terms of reviews while the others seem to much more highly regarded.[/QUOTE]

I think E_Man is talking about the 1992 Batman: The Animated Series, which had 3 ordering blocks of 65, 20, and 24 in a revamped art style in 1997. There's no clear season demarcation, but the whole series is worth watching. It takes a few episodes for the writers to get swinging, but things get good in the first of the four volumes. If one wants to skip the revamped art style, you can just skip volume 4. The three tie-in films are not included in the series box-sets.

Romeogbs is talking about the 2004 series, The Batman, which ran 5 13-episode seasons. That certainly sees a marked improvement in the 3rd season. The first two aren't completely unwatchable, but it's definitely about character design more than plot. If you go for the first season be aware that things improve after the first handful of episodes, which are abysmal, especially the Joker and Mr. Freeze episodes. The tie-in film, Batman vs. Dracula, is good.

Brave and the Bold is great from the first frame of the first episode.

[quote name='woodlands']the tie-in film, batman vs. Dracula[/quote]

1334107943813.jpg

Damn - how did I miss this? I would have ordered all seasons of The Batman and Batman: The Brave and the Bold for $5 each. My son loves those shows (and so do I).

bread's done
Back