DEAD Batman - complete animated series $77.49 at amazon.

Really? Mine actually showed up yesterday but I wasn't home to receive it. Guess it depends where you're ordering from?

Just got mine today ... came in a perfectly fitted box with some packing materials to stop it from sliding. I'm actually really impressed with B&N ... which is rare for me.

Emailed BN Customer Service to see if they have an invoice, or know if they will be restocking these. Got this reply:

"Despite our efforts, we are unable to ship your order in the expected
timeframe. Please accept our apology for this delay. We hope to
receive the merchandise shortly, on or around 09/23/2009, and we will
ship it to you immediately thereafter. We will send you an e-mail
notification when the merchandise actually has been shipped.

If you would like us to proceed with this course, you do not need to
contact us. If you would like to cancel this order, you may do so by
emailing us at [email protected]. "

Not quite the definitive answer I was hoping for. :roll:

Sorry for the double post, but I just wanted to update all those who have ordered from Barnes and Noble.

They no longer list this set on the Barnes and Noble website. Red Flag that they will not be able to deliver the product? I think so. I went ahead and canceled my order and placed an order through amazon, just to keep my bases covered.

I just got my set in today and all I have to say is...wow. Beautiful package, thank you to those who posted the links. If anyone wants any info/pics let me know. Thank you!

[quote name='garma3']Sorry for the double post, but I just wanted to update all those who have ordered from Barnes and Noble.

They no longer list this set on the Barnes and Noble website. Red Flag that they will not be able to deliver the product? I think so. I went ahead and canceled my order and placed an order through amazon, just to keep my bases covered.[/QUOTE]

I followed your lead and did the same. It's only about a $12 difference.

[quote name='argyle']Awesome. Playing the game has got me itching to watch the series again - which is probably what they're counting on w/ this reprint. ;) Ah well, I'm happy to oblige.[/QUOTE]

I think I might be interested in the nostalgia too, after I play through BAA.

I remember people saying WB pulled them off the shelf cause the plasic holders that the DVD sat in was falling out the case and/or easily broken. I hope they fixed it, I will wait for Amazon reviews and order next month.

Yeah, my set is missing the plastic bar on the first disc case. Not a huge deal though, it still sits in there just fine ... unfortunately it falls out if I open it and forget that nothing is holding the actual plastic CD holders in place within the case. Still an awesome set ... just out of curiosity, does anyone know if there's a number to contact WB in regards to this?

[quote name='sunnysky']Very tempted. Huge Batman fan, but never actually got into the new animated series.[/QUOTE]

What?! How can you call yourself a huge Batman fan and not have watched this series? You need to buy this stat!

[quote name='etcrane'] just out of curiosity, does anyone know if there's a number to contact WB in regards to this?[/QUOTE]

This is why WB pulled them from the store shelves earlier this year. Got a lot of customer complaints, as someone said Amazon must have found a pallet of them in a warehouse. I will wait till the problem is corrected, especially for a $100 DVD set.

[quote name='mrrepoman']This is why WB pulled them from the store shelves earlier this year. Got a lot of customer complaints, as someone said Amazon must have found a pallet of them in a warehouse. I will wait till the problem is corrected, especially for a $100 DVD set.[/QUOTE]

I just bought it at Amazon for $99. Is this case isolated or is every complete series affected by this?

It was a limited edition that is why it disappeared off shelves. It was obviously restocked at many places because some WB warehouse inventory was found.

[quote name='Techsticles']It was a limited edition that is why it disappeared off shelves. It was obviously restocked at many places because some WB warehouse inventory was found.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and it couldn't have been "found" at a better time, with Batman: AA's release and all.

The plastic holders in mine are very odd but not broken, I mean the discs seem secure to me. They should have just put 8-9 double-sided slim cases in some cardboard sleeves. That would have been easier, but I guess it would have used more plastic.

I was going to post that it was available and in stock on Amazon.ca, comes to about a hundred even with tax and shipping, but it sold down to "usually ships withing 1-4 weeks" status when I was double checking my account balances. I placed an order anyway since my B&N order has yet to ship, I ordered it and went out of town, sort of forgot about it. I'll just cancel the order that yet to ship if/when the other does send it out.

Picture is slightly wobbly on my set, but I think that might just be due to the fact that it's an old show. The Menus are not wobbly, just the opening and some scenes of the show. I was also sitting about 1 foot away.

idk kube i think this was discontinued.

I do have a copy for sale if any1s interested. Watched through once and in perfect cond.

fuck! Don't tell me I missed out on this complete boxes set again?!? Well, they'll throw it out on Blu any time soon anyway...

EDIT: Whoops, didn't mean to actually leave an F bomb in there, LOL. I forget all caps F bomb doesn't get a Shaq-Fu switcheroo

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='karkyco']fuck! Don't tell me I missed out on this complete boxes set again?!? Well, they'll throw it out on Blu any time soon anyway...[/QUOTE]
1) It wouldn't look better on blu-ray, 2) there's barely a market for the DVD release...which is why it was discontinued to begin with.

[quote name='Stele']1) It wouldn't look better on blu-ray, 2) there's barely a market for the DVD release...which is why it was discontinued to begin with.[/QUOTE]

Very true...I didn't even realize this existed until I saw my friend's...needless to say, I definitely wanted one after that. Ah well I figure I'll be able to acquire it in some form, sooner or later.

At least on the blu ray version they can put each season on 1 disc. Decent price - but I got them all at a used cd store years ago for 15 each.

Anyone know where I can still get this collection? I can find the 4 individual sets still no problem, but I would prefer this complete collection. Because this one finally sold out, for good it seems, I knew I had to jump on the Transformers Animated and GIJoe Animated complete sets.

Steggy and Handsome_Rakshas I sent you two a PM to see if you still have yours available.

[quote name='karkyco']Anyone know where I can still get this collection? I can find the 4 individual sets still no problem, but I would prefer this complete collection. Because this one finally sold out, for good it seems, I knew I had to jump on the Transformers Animated and GIJoe Animated complete sets.

Steggy and Handsome_Rakshas I sent you two a PM to see if you still have yours available.[/QUOTE]

Sorry my man, I forgot to update my post. I sold mine over Christmas, sorry!

I ended up getting it off of ebay as an Xmas gift because it was out of stock everywhere else. The seller said there was something wrong with the box in the auction, but I didn't care. The only thing wrong with it that I noticed was that the word Animated was misspelled, everything else was perfect.

[quote name='coolflea216']I ended up getting it off of ebay as an Xmas gift because it was out of stock everywhere else. The seller said there was something wrong with the box in the auction, but I didn't care. The only thing wrong with it that I noticed was that the word Animated was misspelled, everything else was perfect.[/QUOTE]

Congrats on your bootleg DVD purchase!

I ended up just getting the season sets but could only find 1,3,4 cheap. if anyone has a extra season 2 they would want to part with pm me. will buy or trade for a sealed season 1.

[quote name='coolflea216']I ended up getting it off of ebay as an Xmas gift because it was out of stock everywhere else. The seller said there was something wrong with the box in the auction, but I didn't care. The only thing wrong with it that I noticed was that the word Animated was misspelled, everything else was perfect.[/QUOTE]

I've seen that before, animated is spelled animaed, Volumes is Volumez... Sorry bout your bootleg.

[quote name='pacifickarma']Congrats on your bootleg DVD purchase![/QUOTE]
1245451705060.jpg

Wow, that Batman Begins synopsis is simply stunning. From "Raws Al Ghul" and his "Ninja Group", to "Doctor Jackstraw"...that shit is too much. And of course, let's not forget the equipments in the basement of Bruce Wayne's villa, which turn him into another person: SPIDERMAN.

bread's done
Back