(DEAD) Battle Royale 4-Disc Blu-ray Collection - $17.99 at Family Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Familyvideo.com has the upcoming 4-Disc Battle Royale Collection for $17.99, which beats the $19.99 price Amazon had for it. This set includes both the Theatrical and Director's Cut of BR, plus the sequel and a special features DVD all in a Book style packaging (similar to the SW: Complete saga packaging).

Apply the code SHAMROCK and shipping is free. Shipping is $1.99

https://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=397059

They also have the single disc edition with just the Director's cut fr $12.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chronoserge456']Just got my copy. I was so confused why it was in a standard Blu Ray case when I got it. I'm assuming I should e-mail FamilyVideo about it[/QUOTE]

Let us know what they say because I'm sure I'll be doing the same very soon.

[quote name='Mister Herriman']Let us know what they say because I'm sure I'll be doing the same very soon.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Mine just arrived with the standard packaging. Crap.

They'll probably just offer a refund. If they didn't send it they obviously don't have it.

I'll keep whatever I get. It's a great deal regardless.

Someone just got a book style one so not everyone is getting the plastic case I guess. They're offering a pre-paid return label for those that complained so I guess it's as good as you'll get. It's not really FV's fault, it's Anchor Bay who switched it on them without any notice.

If I don't get the book I hope they appreciate my rage... I've seen people who ordered after I did get theirs already!

Mine arrived today in a standard Blu-ray case. I placed my order on the 19th and it shipped on the 29th.

[quote name='"Mister Herriman"']Welp, just picked up a book one from FYE for $24.99[/quote]
Is this an in-store sale price?

Hope I get the LE packaging. Bought one from Amazon and the packaging got messed up in the mail. They were back ordered so I ordered from Family Video.

[quote name='omoi']Mine arrived today in a standard Blu-ray case. I placed my order on the 19th and it shipped on the 29th.

Is this an in-store sale price?[/QUOTE]

I assume so. Had a $24.99 sale sticker on it and thats what it rang up as.

[quote name='Mister Herriman']I assume so. Had a $24.99 sale sticker on it and thats what it rang up as.[/QUOTE]
Thank you. The website is listing $42.99 ($38.69 member price) and I just wanted to make sure you weren't noting a final price after some kind of special discount or gift cards before I make a trip out to one.

[quote name='omoi']Mine arrived today in a standard Blu-ray case. I placed my order on the 19th and it shipped on the 29th.
[/QUOTE]

Same with me :( I wouldn't have minded the digibook. Still a good deal either way.

Hi all,

Official Family Video representative here. We understand that there is some concern about the packaging on Battle Royale. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

As you may know, due to the overwhelming popularity of "Battle Royale: The Complete Collection Blu-ray/DVD" at such a great deal, our first shipment sold-out rapidly. We immediately ordered a second shipment, and production began immediately. We did not get notification that this second shipment would not have the same packaging as the first, despite having the exact same UPC code. Rest assured the discs are exactly the same, with all films and special featurettes intact.

However, if you are unsatisfied in any way, please contact us with your Order # either through email at [email protected] or by phone at 1-888-332-6843. If needed, we would be more than willing to send you a self-addressed stamped envelope to return the product. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused and we appreciate your patience and understanding.

Thank you,
Your friends at FamilyVideo.com

We are very sorry, but it appears that Anchor Bay is no longer producing the
digibook case. We were unaware that they were no longer producing the digibook
case because they are still using the same UPC on the product. Rest assured the
discs are exactly the same, with all films and special features intact.
However, if you are unsatisfied in any way, please contact us with your Order #
either through email at [email protected] or by phone at 1-888-332-6843.
If needed, we would be more than willing to send you a self-addressed stamped
envelope to return the product for a full refund. Again, we apologize for the
inconvenience this may have caused and we appreciate your patience and
understanding.

For those who received the digibook, did any of you order after the 18th?

I'd be a little pissed, if someone who ordered a few days after I did received the digibook. I received the crappy regular case today.

[quote name='zenintrude']Ordered on the 18th, got the standard Blu packaging... oh well.

Not to self, never give Family Video any more money.[/QUOTE]

I can't totally blame Family Video, but it does suck. I don't know quite how long before the OP posted this that it was actually on sale, but being up near the top of the thread and ending up getting my order held up does suck.

Maybe I'll see if somebody is interested in trading this version for their book copy (if it's still new, I'm willing to pay shipping for both items) but aside from that... SUCKS.

[quote name='zenintrude']Ordered on the 18th, got the standard Blu packaging... oh well.

Not to self, never give Family Video any more money.[/QUOTE]

Judging by their response up there, it doesn't sound like it was Family Video's fault. In fact, I'm surprised they even ordered more stock... Usually with deals this good it's a "While Supplies Last".

Ordered mine last week and got it Friday. Looks like I got the second shipment because it was in the regular case. Quite honestly I still think it's a good deal. I don't care so much for the special packaging -- all I cared about was the movies. I've heard so much about it before, and now especially with the buzz with Hunger Games.

Anyway, turns out the original packaging was like the folder/pockets for the discs, which I don't like. I don't like the idea of discs rubbing up against anything. I'm sure it would have been a nice bonus for some, but come on, $18 bucks for 3 blurays and a DVD? Still not bad.

Why can't retailers only pre-sell inventory they know they have on hand? Customers usually pre-order to make sure they receive an item close to the street date. Over selling is just bad business and usually leads to a bunch of pissed off people. You have 100 copies (or ordered a 100 copies from the manufacturer), you should only pre-sell 100 copies. I can't blame Family Video for the change in packaging, but I can blame them for not being able to fulfill their initial orders.

Ordered on the 20th, got mine today. Plastic case. Little bummed but I'll get over it.

Edit: A little more bummed now. After opening it, I found out that it was damaged. The spine of the case was cracked which causes the discs to be held insecurely.

I've emailed them to see if I can get a replacement. We shall see....

[quote name='Havokscry']Why can't retailers only pre-sell inventory they know they have on hand? Customers usually pre-order to make sure they receive an item close to the street date. Over selling is just bad business and usually leads to a bunch of pissed off people. You have 100 copies (or ordered a 100 copies from the manufacturer), you should only pre-sell 100 copies. I can't blame Family Video for the change in packaging, but I can blame them for not being able to fulfill their initial orders.[/QUOTE]

I understand not fulfilling their initial orders, but Family Video isn't as huge as, say, Amazon or Wal-Mart, and probably wasn't expecting this deal to get this much attention.

As you mentioned pre-ordering stock on hand, they probably kept pre-orders open since it was such a good price, AND they were able to order more to eventually fulfill all orders(it wasn't like a "While Supplies Last" kind of deal). In the end, yes, there was a delay of nearly a week for me, but I got my blurays, and saved $13 off the regular price. I've ordered from them a few times before because they have some good deals here and there, and I'll order from them again.

[quote name='Havokscry']Why can't retailers only pre-sell inventory they know they have on hand? Customers usually pre-order to make sure they receive an item close to the street date. Over selling is just bad business and usually leads to a bunch of pissed off people. You have 100 copies (or ordered a 100 copies from the manufacturer), you should only pre-sell 100 copies. I can't blame Family Video for the change in packaging, but I can blame them for not being able to fulfill their initial orders.[/QUOTE]

Given the option between:

Backordering at $17.99

vs

Not being able to order, and running the risk of paying double when it's back in stock

Which do you think most people would prefer? The term backorder exists for a reason. I would much rather get in queue for a good deal than wait and have the deal die, which is has right now. If it's bad business then Amazon does bad business, as does just about every major retailer.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Given the option between:

Backordering at $17.99

vs

Not being able to order, and running the risk of paying double when it's back in stock

Which do you think most people would prefer? The term backorder exists for a reason. I would much rather get in queue for a good deal than wait and have the deal die, which is has right now. If it's bad business then Amazon does bad business, as does just about every major retailer.[/QUOTE]

Not sure about everyone else, but I preordered, which is quite a bit different than placing an order when an item is listed as "backordered". I think most people would prefer preordering and getting their product around release date. If it was listed as backordered on their site when I placed my order, I would have no complaints.

An even bigger issue is that they seemed to fulfill the orders in no real rhyme or reason as to date/time of order... so you have some people who ordered it days after other people who received the LE within four days of placing an order, and you have other people who ordered on the 18th or 19th and waited 12 days to get the standard package.

That's Family Video's fault for not having a solid infrastructure designed for order fulfillment priority... it's just willy nilly luck of the draw shit.

Well, just got mine and it's not the digibook. Not sure how I feel about that yet. It was still a great deal, and I mainly wanted them for the movies anyway...

Yea mine came in and its just in a regular case. I didnt know it came packed a different way. I totally forgot about this, I didnt even get a shipping conf. It just showed up today.

[quote name='Ravenous']Yea mine came in and its just in a regular case. I didnt know it came packed a different way. I totally forgot about this, I didnt even get a shipping conf. It just showed up today.[/QUOTE]

If you have Gmail, it was probably dumped into your Spam folder and you've deleted it by now... odd, but true.

[quote name='FamilyVideo']Hi all,

Official Family Video representative here. We understand that there is some concern about the packaging on Battle Royale. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

As you may know, due to the overwhelming popularity of "Battle Royale: The Complete Collection Blu-ray/DVD" at such a great deal, our first shipment sold-out rapidly. We immediately ordered a second shipment, and production began immediately. We did not get notification that this second shipment would not have the same packaging as the first, despite having the exact same UPC code. Rest assured the discs are exactly the same, with all films and special featurettes intact.

However, if you are unsatisfied in any way, please contact us with your Order # either through email at [email protected] or by phone at 1-888-332-6843. If needed, we would be more than willing to send you a self-addressed stamped envelope to return the product. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused and we appreciate your patience and understanding.

Thank you,
Your friends at FamilyVideo.com[/QUOTE]

Ordered right away and others got theirs shipped before me? I had to wait for an Amray? No more business from me. Next time I'll spend the $10 and go with Amazon. They wouldn't sell (and continue to sell) an item with a false description.

Got my second order that was placed, literally, minutes after my first.

First one was the book. Second one was a standard blu-case. My buddy doesn't care, which is good.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Ordered right away and others got theirs shipped before me? I had to wait for an Amray? No more business from me. Next time I'll spend the $10 and go with Amazon. They wouldn't sell (and continue to sell) an item with a false description.[/QUOTE]

They HAVE before with wb combo packs and sometimes they still do now. Amazon is not the perfect retailer you think they are. Sure they are awesome, but this is the same mistake that amazon could have made also since it has the same upc. You should direct your vitrol to Anchor Bay who decided to change the packaging and not change the sku on it so that retailers didn't know they were getting something different when they ordered more.

[quote name='dmdragon']They HAVE before with wb combo packs and sometimes they still do now. Amazon is not the perfect retailer you think they are. Sure they are awesome, but this is the same mistake that amazon could have made also since it has the same upc. You should direct your vitrol to Anchor Bay who decided to change the packaging and not change the sku on it so that retailers didn't know they were getting something different when they ordered more.[/QUOTE]

Again, it still does not excuse their seemingly random fulfillment of orders which led to this problem... people would feel less upset if they ordered late and received an (arguably) lesser product than people who ordered immediately, were forced to wait an inordinate amount of time, and ultimately were sent a product that did not match the description of the product they pre-ordered.

It's as much Family Video's fault for their random fulfillment of orders as it is for Anchor Bay not adequately informing their distributors of the product change.

[quote name='zenintrude']Again, it still does not excuse their seemingly random fulfillment of orders which led to this problem... people would feel less upset if they ordered late and received an (arguably) lesser product than people who ordered immediately, were forced to wait an inordinate amount of time, and ultimately were sent a product that did not match the description of the product they pre-ordered.

It's as much Family Video's fault for their random fulfillment of orders as it is for Anchor Bay not adequately informing their distributors of the product change.[/QUOTE]

I'll give you that one. They should have fulfilled in the order they were received, that would have helped a lot. I do agree it sucks, but not really much can be done now. At least they are going to make it right and pay for shipment back even though they state that they do not pay shipping back to them. Kudos to them for at least taking that step.

[quote name='dmdragon']They HAVE before with wb combo packs and sometimes they still do now. Amazon is not the perfect retailer you think they are. Sure they are awesome, but this is the same mistake that amazon could have made also since it has the same upc. You should direct your vitrol to Anchor Bay who decided to change the packaging and not change the sku on it so that retailers didn't know they were getting something different when they ordered more.[/QUOTE]

I order right away and had to wait 2 weeks to get an Amray.

Someone else orders the day after me, gets it on release date, and gets the item described.

Amazon doesn't do this. They ship on a first come basics. FV just randomly decided to make me wait. They could have told me (and everyone else) it would be the Amray version before it shipped.

Never again from FamilyVideo. Never.

[quote name='dmdragon']I'll give you that one. They should have fulfilled in the order they were received, that would have helped a lot. I do agree it sucks, but not really much can be done now. At least they are going to make it right and pay for shipment back even though they state that they do not pay shipping back to them. Kudos to them for at least taking that step.[/QUOTE]

They sent the wrong product. Why do they get kudos?

Probably kudos cause normally will charge you to return things and at least they aren't being jerky about it and doing a free refund. They can easily refuse which companies can do. The movie was really cheap anyways. You shouldn't complain too much. If you got a problem with it, return it! That or go buy it somewhere else and just switch the movie since they share the same UPC.

I say kudos to them for taking it back without charging you for it. They technically don't have to, but they stepped it up when they knew they were wrong. Would you have rather had to pay to send it back? According to their terms which you agree to when you order, you are responsible for shipping it back. They are not doing that, and are not being mean about it.

Not everything in life needs to be yelled about. You are just going to drive yourself to a heart attack. It's a movie, return it if you don't want to keep it and move on. I'm sorry you got the wrong item, but it's not the end of the world.

TLDR: They are fixing their error in a rather easy way. Try to get DDD to fix your order correctly.

[quote name='GizmoGC']They sent the wrong product. Why do they get kudos?[/QUOTE]

That's weird. I ordered the 4 Disc version of BR on blu-ray and that's what I got. Seems right to me.

Mine came about 3 days after they said it shipped. That's the good part. Sadly, it was the standard (overstuffed) bluray case. REALLY wish it was the digibook, but what're you going to do? I'll live. Still a cool set.

I got the blu-ray case like many here, so I went on an adventure to find the digibook version. After much driving and calling around, I found an over priced copy at B&N. The SKU is the same, however at the end of the digibook (in the top right) there is an 80, where the standard case has a sticker with 82 (underneath it is a an 81). The small "lines" at the end are also different. Does anyone know if this is going to cause problems with returning it?

I got mine today, ordered on the 19th, and got the Bluray case. I'm actually glad because I'm so OCD when it comes to my movies I want them to match so it works out in my favor.

[quote name='Pa7ronSain7']I got the blu-ray case like many here, so I went on an adventure to find the digibook version. After much driving and calling around, I found an over priced copy at B&N. The SKU is the same, however at the end of the digibook (in the top right) there is an 80, where the standard case has a sticker with 82 (underneath it is a an 81). The small "lines" at the end are also different. Does anyone know if this is going to cause problems with returning it?[/QUOTE]

You know that's illegal and considered return fraud right?

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']Probably kudos cause normally will charge you to return things and at least they aren't being jerky about it and doing a free refund. They can easily refuse which companies can do. The movie was really cheap anyways. You shouldn't complain too much. If you got a problem with it, return it! That or go buy it somewhere else and just switch the movie since they share the same UPC.[/QUOTE]

They sold us the WRONG product. It was advertised as a collectible book (or something to that degree). If you bought a car that said it came with Leather seats and they gave you cloth you would find that 100% acceptable? They sold an item that didn't match the description.

[quote name='dmdragon']I say kudos to them for taking it back without charging you for it. They technically don't have to, but they stepped it up when they knew they were wrong. Would you have rather had to pay to send it back? According to their terms which you agree to when you order, you are responsible for shipping it back. They are not doing that, and are not being mean about it.

Not everything in life needs to be yelled about. You are just going to drive yourself to a heart attack. It's a movie, return it if you don't want to keep it and move on. I'm sorry you got the wrong item, but it's not the end of the world.

TLDR: They are fixing their error in a rather easy way. Try to get DDD to fix your order correctly.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='whoknows']That's weird. I ordered the 4 Disc version of BR on blu-ray and that's what I got. Seems right to me.[/QUOTE]

You are choosing to take a lesser product than what was I offered. I am not. Because of that, they won't be getting my business again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back