[DEAD] Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] [2009] 9.97 pounds.

Spiderman2

CAG Veteran
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] [2009] for 9.97 pounds.

9.97 pounds plus shipping on Amazon UK (I cant link it for some reason) You need to search for it.

Thanks

$18.45? Holy hell I'm in for a try

I'm a fan of the series. But when they had the mid-season cancel/hiatus, that was really upsetting, then the ending fizzled out. Still love the series as a whole though

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I watched every episode during that month the final season was airing. I couldn't stop watching. If Star Wars and The Wire had a baby, that baby would be Battlestar Galactica. This is coming from someone who's favorite films are the original Star Wars trilogy and who's favorite TV show of all time is The Wire.

If this actually ships, I'm going to shit. Then I'm going to eat the shit and shit out the shit that I just ate. And so on and so forth.[/QUOTE]

Wow, this deal has been on Slickdeals already for 6 and a half hours. On CAG, everyone is talking about how much they love the show or how they are going to give the show a try for the first time. On slickdeals, I keep reading amount the quantity limits of how many copies u can order and about wondering if they think they should be ordering more copies.

If these do magically ship, they won't be worth shit to resell for a long long time. More importantly if these do ship, we will finally have legitimate confirmation that there is a God. Probably multiple Gods exist if Amazon UK has enough copies to ship. Actually, if I get this Blu Ray set for $18, I'm going to church every Sunday for the rest of the year. :)

[quote name='ackbar7']Can't believe I just missed this[/QUOTE]

holy fucking shit. They just sold out in the last minute or two!

That totally sucks man. If these actually do ship, you'll be able to buy a copy on Ebay or from Amazon users for very cheap.

Do you guys think it would be better to change to priority shipping? Man, I would love to watch this series since I've heard so many good things about it... it's just way to expensive for me.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337'] I'm going to church every Sunday for the rest of the year. :)[/QUOTE]

I'm going to hold you to that promise!

[quote name='skiizim']I'm going to hold you to that promise![/QUOTE]

I haven't been to church for like 15 years, but I'll literally go up to the front after mass, kneel and thank God for my $18 BSG Blu Rays every week.

I'll most likely become a born again Christian if this Blu Ray set ships. I'm serious.

I can't remember the last time I've been to church, my mom always bugs me when I'm going to give my daughter a baptism. If this goes through I'll be in with Sonic and give god some respect!

skiizim

There are no girls on the internet, girls are guys, guys are guys, and children are the FBI.

Both of these made me laugh :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kryptinite']I got in before it was sold out but trust me, there is no way in hell this is going through.[/QUOTE]

Stranger things have happened. And amazon UK always has great deals on blu's compared to the US. I remember a few weeks back a buddy of mine was telling me about their sets for 10-20 bucks that cost us 80-90 here.

Quote from SD: "32,698 people have viewed this thread. lol, this thing is dead as dead can be. At this point its not even worth going "in for a cancellation". There is no way in heck they will have enough product to ship this out without losing thousands upon thousands of dollars."

Lets guestimate that Amazon.uk loses $120 USD on each set, thats 120x32698, which equals 3,923,760. So thats 4 million dollars Amazon is losing if everyone on SD bought only 1 copy.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Quote from SD: "32,698 people have viewed this thread. lol, this thing is dead as dead can be. At this point its not even worth going "in for a cancellation". There is no way in heck they will have enough product to ship this out without losing thousands upon thousands of dollars."

Lets guestimate that Amazon.uk loses $120 USD on each set, thats 120x32698, which equals 3,923,760. So thats 4 million dollars Amazon is losing if everyone on SD bought only 1 copy.[/QUOTE]

That's assuming that every single person that viewed the thread bought a copy, which is very, very unlikely. In addition to that, the site stops selling things when Amazon runs out of it. I really doubt that Amazon.co.uk had that many copies to sell to begin with. Still, it's almost definitely going to be canceled. What a huge price mistake. We can still hope, though.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Stranger things have happened. And amazon UK always has great deals on blu's compared to the US. I remember a few weeks back a buddy of mine was telling me about their sets for 10-20 bucks that cost us 80-90 here.[/QUOTE]

This would make my September.

My order has vanished... I click on the confirmation email and it takes me to Amazon.co.uk but shows I've made no orders in the last 30 days. No cancellation email, either.

[quote name='eastx']My order has vanished... I click on the confirmation email and it takes me to Amazon.co.uk but shows I've made no orders in the last 30 days. No cancellation email, either.[/QUOTE]

What time did u place the order?

op here, my order was canceled with no explanation, I ordered roughly 7 hours ago. I hope some one was able to get a set on here.

Thanks

[quote name='Spiderman2']op here, my order was canceled with no explanation, I ordered roughly 7 hours ago. I hope some one was able to get a set on here.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Motherfucking shit. I shouldn't have got my hopes up at all. It just sucks that I was investigating this deal when I should have been studying. Oh well, I have to wake up in 5 hours to go take an exam for my computer forensics course. I guess I should attempt to sleep.

My order disappeared. Amazon should at least give us a credit or something, especially if they're going to just make it disappear with no explanation.

[quote name='mr_bungle']My order disappeared. Amazon should at least give us a credit or something, especially if they're going to just make it disappear with no explanation.[/QUOTE]

Right, if they're going to buttfuck us, they could have the common decency to give a reach-around.

If u still have an open order, please raise your hand.

I just made another deal with God that I'd go to church is he'd give the Amazon UK IT guy (who's canceling all of our orders) cancer of the penis. We'll see how this goes.

Just checked my order, and it's since been removed. No email notification or anything. I knew it was too good to be true.

My order vanished, looks like the thread on slickdeals vanished as well, maybe I should be checking my credit card for fraudulent activity this morning.

Anybody that actually wanted the series, Amazon US has it on Blu for $150.

Sure it's not stupid-low like this non-deal was, but it's a good price on a good set of a great show!

Amazon sent out cancellation letters:

Mon, September 13, 2010 4:49:48 AM
Important Information regarding Your Amazon.co.uk Order xxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx
Amazon.co.uk

Cc: "[email protected]"
Dear Customer

We are writing to inform you that the price for the item

- Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] [2009] - Asin: B0027UY8B8

was displayed incorrectly at the time you placed the above referenced order.

Despite our best efforts, with the millions of items available on our website, pricing errors can occasionally occur.

In our Pricing and Availability Policy (see http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=1040614), we state that where an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we contact the customer before dispatching.

All affected orders have now been cancelled. If you still wish to purchase this item, please place a new order online as from tomorrow, which will be charged at the correct price, when we dispatch it to you.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by this error, and rest assured that we will continue to make every effort to maintain the accuracy of all prices on our site.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Warmest regards,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

What, no free credit? Their loss since I would've ordered BoB for the difference. Just needed a reason to buy it since they still have it for $27 USD but oh well.

Amazon, I am disappoint.

It was worth a try,

We are writing to inform you that the price for the item

- Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] [2009] - Asin: B0027UY8B8

was displayed incorrectly at the time you placed the above referenced order.

Despite our best efforts, with the millions of items available on our website, pricing errors can occasionally occur.

In our Pricing and Availability Policy (see http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=1040614), we state that where an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we contact the customer before dispatching.

All affected orders have now been cancelled. If you still wish to purchase this item, please place a new order online as from tomorrow, which will be charged at the correct price, when we dispatch it to you.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by this error, and rest assured that we will continue to make every effort to maintain the accuracy of all prices on our site.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Warmest regards,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk

bread's done
Back