(DEAD)BB PS Vita - MLB 12/Hot Shots Golf $9.99-AC 3 Liberation/Silent Hill BOM $29.99

[quote name='jondy1703']Hmmm... I would pick up Hot Shots.... but I feel like it will be a PS Plus game somewhere down the line.[/QUOTE]

Same thought process here. It's not like there's a ton of Vita games for Sony to make free via PS+, so they'll probably get through them pretty quick XD

Okay I got my BB to pricematch the TRU's B1G1 50% off deal, got HSG and MLB for $15! (before taxes).

Then I went crazy and bought the killzone trilogy/ controller combo pack and God of war saga/controller combo pack for $45 each after pricematch. And LBPV and persona 4 for $60. I have a feeling I am going to go back and find more stuff to buy tomorrow -_- my wallet must hate me.

[quote name='jondy1703']Hmmm... I would pick up Hot Shots.... but I feel like it will be a PS Plus game somewhere down the line.[/QUOTE]

I could care less really. The benefit will always be that its physical and you wont need to waste space (other than the game save) on your memory card. Unless you have a 32gb its a huge issue and for those who got the AC3:L bundle this BF buying physical is a necessity right now until they drop the price on the mem cards.

After going back and fourth for hours about buying MLB I decided to get it. I've always wanted to try baseball games and that price is a good deal. Reminds me of when MK for Vita was $9.99. To this day no one has beaten that price. Makes me glad I got it then. I was wondering why on the BB site they had to MLB 12' , one was $9.99 and the other was 29.99. Same game both for vita different prices

My two caveats for this deal would be the foillowing...

The difficulty in Hot Shots ramps up incredibly quickly. I've been playing Hot Shots since the first version on the PSX, and can't remember a version that got this challenging, this quickly. That's not a terrible thing, but you will be tested by this game.

MLB 12 has crashed on me 3 times in the last 2 days while playing two different RttS careers. Both times, the game crashes when it is taking you to your most current appearance, from the calendar. It's not a gigantic issue, since the system saves the game regularly, but I can't remember a title having this many crashes (especially from a 1st party developer.)

Just my warnings for both games.

[quote name='slidecage']MLB is bugged when you get to the minor leauge playoff... game will freeze on that day.. you can play the game but the date does not move... you have to sim though those days your stuckon

love to get

Silent Hill: Book of Memories

but would not pay more then 20 for it[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I'm glad I didn't buy it then. I have too many games to play through at the moment so it would just get added to the backlog...I've been plowing through Jet Set Radio, and I'm having a blast. I'm close to the end, and it's tough. It's a challenge I can deal with though. I played through Jet Set Radio Future, and I don't remember it being that tough. Again that was years ago. /story.

Picked up Hot Shots and I really like it. I've never played any of them before beyond a quick store demo here and there, and though I'm only through the first four beginner challenges, I'm having a good time. It's weird using the old school swing meter again after so many years of analog swinging in the TW series.

I thought the same thing about it being an upcoming PS+ title, but like others said, at least I'll have the physical copy instead of having to use up more memory card space. Plus, I can always sell the physical one to somebody and recoup most of my $10. I think I will be hesitant now to spend more than $10 on a Vita game due to PS+, which is kinda sad.

Picked up HSG today - came to $10.59 with tax. I just happened to have a Visa giftcard with $10.60 left on it. I think the universe intended for me to have this game :)

As far as golf games go, HSG is a good time, but my favorite is Pangya. I wish they'd put the PSP version on the PS store, or make a new one for the vita.

[quote name='akathatoneguy']Picked up Hot Shots and I really like it. I've never played any of them before beyond a quick store demo here and there, and though I'm only through the first four beginner challenges, I'm having a good time. It's weird using the old school swing meter again after so many years of analog swinging in the TW series.

I thought the same thing about it being an upcoming PS+ title, but like others said, at least I'll have the physical copy instead of having to use up more memory card space. Plus, I can always sell the physical one to somebody and recoup most of my $10. I think I will be hesitant now to spend more than $10 on a Vita game due to PS+, which is kinda sad.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I ended up changing my mind and picking up a physical copy. $10 is a pretty good deal, all in all, and like you said, saves on memory space, plus I prefer having physical over digital anyways.

I think I got about as far as you, and am enjoying it. I'm a big fan of the swing meter =)

[quote name='sherlock2g']I just played the demo for HSG and I like it. I might pick this up Friday.[/QUOTE]

You know the sale is only Monday-Tuesday right?

I just checked out the demo for HSG. I liked it. I'll probably grab it tomorrow when I pick up Far Cry 3. Still debating on picking up MLB as well. But I might pass. I like baseball a lot, and baseball games are fun, I just never play them for more than a couple games and I fear this would end up the same way.

Asking again if anyone bought MLB 12 and doesn't plan to play online I'm offering $1.50 for an online pass.

I have a new copy for in store pickup so I might just try and sell my used copy on ebay and buy that. But hoping someone will sell me a pass.

Hot Shots Golf is pretty fun. Just as I remember it being. For $10 it feels like one of those games I'll actually play when I'm out of my house.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Asking again if anyone bought MLB 12 and doesn't plan to play online I'm offering $1.50 for an online pass.

I have a new copy for in store pickup so I might just try and sell my used copy on ebay and buy that. But hoping someone will sell me a pass.

Hot Shots Golf is pretty fun. Just as I remember it being. For $10 it feels like one of those games I'll actually play when I'm out of my house.[/QUOTE]

Probably not going to happen - online pass is required to get updated roster files.

[quote name='mgford11']Probably not going to happen - online pass is required to get updated roster files.[/QUOTE]

I already got a few offers though, just waiting for a response. First person to respond and I'm buying it since I want to download my cloud save from my PS3. I think some people just got this as a curiosity and to have another vita game since its only $10.

[quote name='edison']You know the sale is only Monday-Tuesday right?[/QUOTE]

This deal expires on Tueday (today)?!?!
Shoot, gonna buy one now before its too late.

im really mehh on these games(already own assassins) except possibly silent hill anyone play it yet ? if so it worth the 30 bucks?

wow, for a moment there, I thought the deal was MLB & Hot Shots for $10 total... may still pick up Hot Shots at that price though. Thanks OP!

[quote name='SSchmidt']If you do in-store pick-up for the free shipping, do you have to do it the same day? Anyone know? Will they hold the item?[/QUOTE]

I ordered yesterday and have until the 11th to pick up my order. It'll say how long you have on the order confirmation screen.

[quote name='SSchmidt']If you do in-store pick-up for the free shipping, do you have to do it the same day? Anyone know? Will they hold the item?[/QUOTE]

In-store pickup items that you select when checking out online are held for a week.

Did TRU PM of B1G1 50% with a 16GB Vita memory card AC:L. The sale price today worked with it and they gave it to me for $15. Pretty good deal for those who want Silent Hill + AC.

Who else is waiting for Ridge Racer to be $10 or under. I would have got it at launch if it wasn't for the lack of levels and horrible DLC that outweighs the games actual content.

I picked up Hot Shots Golf today. I tried to PM TRU at my BB so I could get MLB as well, but they said no, so I said no to MLB.

i keep thinking of buying slient hill but keep telling myself i can get it cheaper via gamefly

25 compair to 30

ALSO THIS IS THE LAST NIGHT FOR THEM IT WAS A 2 DAY SALE

So I guess I didn't complete my paypal transaction on this like I thought I did... No HSG for me. Sigh.

EDIT: Actually, it would cost me about $6 in gas, not to mention the time traveled, just to go pick it up. So I'll probably get a better deal elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LeXxX']So the deal is over? Hot Shots is not 20 on BestBuy's website.[/QUOTE]

It was a 2-day sale only. Monday/Tuesday.

glad i did not pay 30 for Hill

awful game maybe cause im sick and its my rental from gamefly so i got some time to play it but could not stand it tonight

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']It was a 2-day sale only. Monday/Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know it was a 2 day sale. That sucks! All well, I'll just wait for Sunday and see what sales they haven't advertise.

bread's done
Back