(Dead) Best Buy E3 Promo: Pre-Order 3 (or more) Games and get up to 30% off each game (June 6-12)

Socpens

CAGiversary!
nvpron.jpg

Flyer is in French, basically says:

- Up to 30% off per game when you preorder 3 games or more.

- Begins June 6th

The savings could prove better than Futureshop's, as 30% off a $70 game comes to roughly $21 savings compared to Futureshop's fixed $20 off. Since it's Best Buy I'm guessing you get Reward Points as well for the purchases.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/E3.aspx?cmp=vrd-E3

There is the link to Best Buy's dedicated E3 page.

rest in peace this deal

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to make some pre-orders but you always want to make sure you get discounts on games that get added later, try to plan out what games you want, and make orders in groups of 3.

There's really only 3 games that interest me enough to buy them at this point for $40. Going to wait and see what E3 brings after Sony's conference,, then place my order.

I'm going to try and take advantage of this deal as well.  I was thinking of preordering Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire plus another game, most likely an RPG.  Best Buy is pretty good with delivering games on release day, correct? 

I'm going to try and take advantage of this deal as well. I was thinking of preordering Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire plus another game, most likely an RPG. Best Buy is pretty good with delivering games on release day, correct?
As of late they have been kind of sloppy. I pre-ordered Watch Dogs and got it 2 days after release, most other people I know get games on release day or the day after. Depends on where they ship the game out of. Their biggest warehouse is in Richmond BC, sometimes they will ship games out of their Mississauga ON warehouse, but a good 80% of games come from Richmond.

I know if you live in Calgary that you're almost always fucked hoping to get it on release day. I got MK8 on Monday, as it shipped late Thursday night. Tuesday releases almost always come on either Wednesday or Thursday. They never ship early to match the release date. That said, Canada Post tends to handle the packages really well. I've never had a damaged game case.

Anyway.

Hopes for tomorrow and the day after's press conferences?

More than any game announcements I am just hoping for a PS4 console sale. I've got my full of games for the fall and winter, with Destiny, WWE, Smash Bros Wii U, Witcher 3, The Crew, Rise of the Fallen... too many to count. The only real announcements I'd like to hear are ones for Wii U and 3DS because so far I've got over 10 games pre-ordered through this deal and only one of them is on a Nintendo platform...

More than any game announcements I am just hoping for a PS4 console sale. I've got my full of games for the fall and winter, with Destiny, WWE, Smash Bros Wii U, Witcher 3, The Crew, Rise of the Fallen... too many to count. The only real announcements I'd like to hear are ones for Wii U and 3DS because so far I've got over 10 games pre-ordered through this deal and only one of them is on a Nintendo platform...
Not counting the ones I pre-ordered during the last E3 and which still haven't come out yet, Hyrule Warriors is the only new one I added this year. I'll consider maybe throwing one of the Pokerymanz remakes into an order if I need to fill out a 3rd slot.

Amazon.ca's deal crushes the Best Buy one, I canceled my BB order and saved about $20 on Amazon.

For a little while earlier today the Xbox One was part of the 30% off deal Amazon had. It was going for $320. Absolute craziness. They bumped the price back up because it went out of stock within a few hours.

Most of the stuff I want is still not up for pre-order on either Best Buy or Amazon.ca...still got to wait for that third to top off Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, and Super Smash Bros 3DS

Most of the stuff I want is still not up for pre-order on either Best Buy or Amazon.ca...still got to wait for that third to top off Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, and Super Smash Bros 3DS
Did you click on the E3 promotion offer on their front page, or did you try searching for the game?

purchased from amazon.ca (all ps4):

wwe 2k15

the last of us remastered

evolve

nhl 15

alien: isolation

had to use the help chat to get the 30% discount (originally gave me only 15%), but good deals and took less than 5 minutes.

purchased from amazon.ca (all ps4):

wwe 2k15

the last of us remastered

evolve

nhl 15

alien: isolation

had to use the help chat to get the 30% discount (originally gave me only 15%), but good deals and took less than 5 minutes.
How did you get the other 15%? As far as I know it's already 15% discounted, then you get another 15% at checkout or something. The confusing part is they don't show the discounted game prices, only the discounted total at checkout.

Looks like Amazon fixed their goof, for anybody who hasn't ordered. We were getting 30% off the already 15% discounted price earlier today, they fixed it so that it only removes 15% at checkout instead of 15%.

For anyone who submitted their order you lucked out.

Looks like Amazon fixed their goof, for anybody who hasn't ordered. We were getting 30% off the already 15% discounted price earlier today, they fixed it so that it only removes 15% at checkout instead of 15%.

For anyone who submitted their order you lucked out.
They'll probably fix this for people who already placed their orders.

Actually, some people have had success getting the additional 15% by contacting customer support. I gave it a whirl, I spoke to "Hema", she removed an additional 15%. You gotta submit your order then request the extra 15% after.

Last of Us, Destiny, WWE 2K15 for PS4 and Smash Bros Wii U came down to $180 total after the new discount.

I'm going to wait for E3 before pre-ordering. They might announce something I want during the presentation.

I'm going to wait for E3 before pre-ordering. They might announce something I want during the presentation.
Yeah I know what you mean. I don't own PS4 or XBO, there's absolutely nothing for me to preorder short of the hypothetical Last Guardian and mayyyybe X but I'm holding out for a CE.

but I'm holding out for a CE.
Yeah, and that's the thing with these savings from a collector's perspective - it's a waste considering most of us are willing to pay whatever for the CE/LE/SE. I'm not a fan of pre-ordering over a year out either.

I was thinking of discussing the chances of certain titles getting the premium treatment from their publishers here. For example, some Nintendo games like Smash Bros. and Pokemon I can't see getting that. Perhaps some kind of pre-order bonus like a poster or 5-track CD, sure, but not a legit collector's edition. Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, on the other hand, might if Atlus has anything to say about it.

Anyone have any sort've prediction on this sort've thing? for any upcoming games that haven't had a CE/LE/SE announced.

No? I'm the only motherfucka that thinks about this shit. Well, okay.

Don't understand why stuff like Skylanders Trap Team and Disney Infinity aren't on the list. Added them to my cart, but no discount. Plus they have a bunch of games still not posted.

they added a lot more games, so i gotta make a second order lol

mortal kombat X

mass effect 4

uncharted 4

little big planet 4

dead island 2

GTA 5

and more

More games should be added to the E3 deal tomorrow. I did a search for Zelda Wii U, Final Fantasy Type-0, splatoon, Star Fox; and all them showed up so expect them added to the deal.

Yeah, Fantasy Life (and other stuff from Nintendo) is going up too. Hopefully this will all be on the deal by morning.

Best Buy finally added more Wii U games, but now there are options to buy both "X" and "Yoshi's Land", or the same games under their new titles, "Xenoblade Chronicles X" and "Yoshi's Wolley World". I preordered the games under their old names. I am assuming they will combine the orders for each game?

Yoshi's Land in my cart became Yoshi's Wolley World, so I don't expect any problem.

A quick question for those experienced with pre-orders over the years: If MSRP goes down for some of these games (ie; Captain Toad is $64.99 right now, but I expect it to be more in the $44.99 range officially), will the price on these pre-orders be reflected to match that, or will I be stuck at the higher price and forced to cancel?

I have some games from the last BestBuy preorder deal that aren't out yet. They're $53.99 each but if I preorder with the E3 deal instead, I save an extra $5 each. Some of the games from when I did the deal before have already arrived, so I think that's why it won't let me cancel the order. Is there any way to cancel the order for the rest of the games? Can I just return them when the games come out?

I am just about ready to checkout my 12-game pre-order, just a few quick questions.

1) Because my pre-order is waaay above the threshold for the 30% discount, can I simply cancel a pre-order in the future (before it ships)? If not, what exactly is the return policy? Do I bring the game to a retail location or ship it back?

2) I live in downtown Toronto, can I realistically expect the game to arrive on my doorstep on launch day?

I am just about ready to checkout my 12-game pre-order, just a few quick questions.

1) Because my pre-order is waaay above the threshold for the 30% discount, can I simply cancel a pre-order in the future (before it ships)? If not, what exactly is the return policy? Do I bring the game to a retail location or ship it back?

2) I live in downtown Toronto, can I realistically expect the game to arrive on my doorstep on launch day?
FS has never missed a delivery on launch day for me in Toronto. It might depend on how Canada Post is in your area though; You may have to trek down to the post office to pick it up, as they say 'no safe drop' on all packages.. although they always stuff mine into my mailslot. :p

Yoshi's Land in my cart became Yoshi's Wolley World, so I don't expect any problem.

A quick question for those experienced with pre-orders over the years: If MSRP goes down for some of these games (ie; Captain Toad is $64.99 right now, but I expect it to be more in the $44.99 range officially), will the price on these pre-orders be reflected to match that, or will I be stuck at the higher price and forced to cancel?
The price on the pre-orders will drop to reflect the new price, BUT, what's uncertain is whether you'll get the 30% off that new lower price.

The price on the pre-orders will drop to reflect the new price, BUT, what's uncertain is whether you'll get the 30% off that new lower price.
That's not uncertain, they've spelled it out in the past years. The discount isn't supposed to carry onto any price drops. So if any of the $70 games drop $20, we'll only be saving a dollar...

That's not uncertain, they've spelled it out in the past years. The discount isn't supposed to carry onto any price drops. So if any of the $70 games drop $20, we'll only be saving a dollar...
Unless you argue feverishly with CSRs. I managed to get them to honour it on one game, once. It wasn't really worth it though. I've learned from the past couple E3 sales, if the games drop in price and you're pissed - just return the pre-order and wait till it drops further haha.

Best Buy finally added more Wii U games, but now there are options to buy both "X" and "Yoshi's Land", or the same games under their new titles, "Xenoblade Chronicles X" and "Yoshi's Wolley World". I preordered the games under their old names. I am assuming they will combine the orders for each game?
I ordered these games last year, FS/BB better not screw this up.

Unless you argue feverishly with CSRs. I managed to get them to honour it on one game, once. It wasn't really worth it though. I've learned from the past couple E3 sales, if the games drop in price and you're pissed - just return the pre-order and wait till it drops further haha.
Yeah. I don't really foresee the games I ordered dropping much anyway. Wii U games might drop from 64.99 to 59.99 but probably not much farther than that. Some of the more expensive 3DS games might drop from 49.99 to 44.99. The only other possible scenario would be if the Canadian dollar improves in 2015 and the retailers shift their prices back down from $69.99 to $59.99.

Games I ordered:

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition, Tales of Xillia 2, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call, Hyrule Warriors, Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth, Yoshi's Woolly World, The Legend of Zelda: Open Field U, Final Fantasy Type-0 HD

Might cancel these depending on CE/goodies: Final Fantasy XV, Persona 5, Bloodborne

Games still on order from last year's deal:

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem

Games I didn't bother with, mostly b/c they'll get cheaper on their own by the time I'd want to play them:

The Last of Us Remastered , Destiny , Alien: Isolation, Evolve, Far Cry 4: Limited Edition, Batman: Arkham Knight, Assassin's Creed Unity, The Order: 1886, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Just don't care: Pokemon: Alpha Sapphire, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker

Grand Theft Auto V - wasn't included in the deal for some reason, even though it's an E3 announce

Persona Q is part of the deal now, but I want the CE mostly due to that case for the XL. It looks sweet.

Edit: I was about to pre-order Smash Bros 3DS, there was one left while I was doing it but now it's sold out.. I need a third game now.

Persona Q is part of the deal now, but I want the CE mostly due to that case for the XL. It looks sweet.

Edit: I was about to pre-order Smash Bros 3DS, there was one left while I was doing it but now it's sold out.. I need a third game now.
Is Persona 4 Arena Ultimax not there? Because I see Q and 5, but not Arena for some reason...

So I just switched my pre-order from Best Buy over to Amazon because Best Buy wouldn't let me use my current credit card to pre-order items slated for release after October 2015.

However, while Amazon struggles to get its crap together, I remain unable to order Xenoblade Chronicles X and Zelder Scrolls for the discounted price. This has me posing the following questions about BestBuy.ca:

If I use Paypal to pay, is it subtracted immediately, or as each game ships? Does using Paypal become a hassle if I want to return a game in store?

So I just switched my pre-order from Best Buy over to Amazon because Best Buy wouldn't let me use my current credit card to pre-order items slated for release after October 2015.

However, while Amazon struggles to get its crap together, I remain unable to order Xenoblade Chronicles X and Zelder Scrolls for the discounted price. This has me posing the following questions about BestBuy.ca:

If I use Paypal to pay, is it subtracted immediately, or as each game ships? Does using Paypal become a hassle if I want to return a game in store?
It sends you a 'pending invoice' for the total. you get charged as BB ships the game.

Returning items bought with PayPal is a bit of a hassle, yea.

I'd feel more confident if my X / Xenoblade order showed the same thing... but it didn't change. Sent a question in via the Contact Us link. Might just cancel my existing order and re-do to be safe.

Edit:

So I got a response from customer service. Key section pasted in below:

"Upon reviewing further with regards to this issue, it is confirmed that Monolith's X Becomes Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Although in our website, they have different Web IDs they are actually the same game. Thank you for pointing this out.

There is no update on our end if it will be carried over to your pre order or will this be combined but we suggest that you cancel the previous pre order and make a new order for the new name."

bread's done
Back