(Dead) Best Buy E3 Promo: Pre-Order 3 (or more) Games and get up to 30% off each game (June 6-12)

Socpens

CAGiversary!
nvpron.jpg

Flyer is in French, basically says:

- Up to 30% off per game when you preorder 3 games or more.

- Begins June 6th

The savings could prove better than Futureshop's, as 30% off a $70 game comes to roughly $21 savings compared to Futureshop's fixed $20 off. Since it's Best Buy I'm guessing you get Reward Points as well for the purchases.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/E3.aspx?cmp=vrd-E3

There is the link to Best Buy's dedicated E3 page.

rest in peace this deal

Last edited by a moderator:
They took down Mass Effect 4, which is annoying, but not the end of the world. Hopefully it'll be back later on. If not, I basically got everything else I wanted.

Much better sale than Amazon, unless you lucked out in the early hours of the sale.

They took down Mass Effect 4, which is annoying, but not the end of the world. Hopefully it'll be back later on. If not, I basically got everything else I wanted.

Much better sale than Amazon, unless you lucked out in the early hours of the sale.
Dude, ME4/O won't even be out before the next E3, so why order it now? Our dollar could improve in that time, too.

I wonder if they honour our original order price. It would suck to place an order on the basis of one price and then have it changed on you...
Getting a Page Not Found whenever I try to click on Persona 5, also while showing up in the PS3 E3 section it's not showing up by search now.

Edit: They just removed it

Dude, ME4/O won't even be out before the next E3, so why order it now? Our dollar could improve in that time, too.
On the flipside, our dollar could tank in that time. Just order stuff now, and if there's a better deal next year you can put another order in then. My old orders for X and SMTxFE are $5 cheaper than what they're offering them for this year.

Getting a Page Not Found whenever I try to click on Persona 5, also while showing up in the PS3 E3 section it's not showing up by search now.

Edit: They just removed it
Well now I'm not quite so disappointed to hear it was $50 yesterday, I got a $70 order in last night.

On the flipside, our dollar could tank in that time. Just order stuff now, and if there's a better deal next year you can put another order in then. My old orders for X and SMTxFE are $5 cheaper than what they're offering them for this year.

Well now I'm not quite so disappointed to hear it was $50 yesterday, I got a $70 order in last night.
Exactly what Rag said. Even if the dollar ends up doing better, and I decide I don't want it - it's a simple return.

Best Buy spiked Akiba's Trip to $49.99, wtf. I ordered it in the end though, due to getting it for $34.99 thanks to the promotion.

So Best Buy isn't going to cancel the Far Cry 4 special edition price error? My order is still in effect. I thought for sure they would, I got it for less than one third of the price.

So Best Buy isn't going to cancel the Far Cry 4 special edition price error? My order is still in effect. I thought for sure they would, I got it for less than one third of the price.
They finally did cancel it a month later, took them long enough. They gave me a 30% coupon off the price of standard edition or $20 off special edition as compensation.

Has anyone got a decrease on Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney? It was $44.99 during the E3 promo, but now it's $34.99.

Has anyone got a decrease on Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney? It was $44.99 during the E3 promo, but now it's $34.99.
Mine is still listed at $31.49 (30% off $44.99). A few days ago I called a CSR and asked if my price would be adjusted to be 30% off the new price, $24.49, and they told me it would (so even if they made a mistake, I've got that leg to stand on). Future Shop adjusted the price of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD last year when I pointed out to them that it had decreased.

Mine is still listed at $31.49 (30% off $44.99). A few days ago I called a CSR and asked if my price would be adjusted to be 30% off the new price, $24.49, and they told me it would (so even if they made a mistake, I've got that leg to stand on). Future Shop adjusted the price of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD last year when I pointed out to them that it had decreased.
I just called Customer Service, and the guy told me I couldn't get it price adjusted because I'm technically paying less than the new price still.

Best Buy goes by the price after discount VS the new price. That's why I got most of my stuff from Amazon because they will adjust the price no matter what, discount or not. Games like The Last of Us PS4 dropped $15 or more and Best Buy still would not have adjusted the prices.

Same thing here but im wondering whether they'll cancel the whole order or if they'll just cancel the fc4 kiryat edition?
I'd expect only the one game but who knows... that's why I made a backup order with the same items, minus the kiryat edition. I'd just like to know whether they're going to really remove the game so I know to cancel either this order or the backup order.

Anyone else order persona 4 arena during this sale and still not have it shipped?  I'm worried that I won't get the tarot cards.....

honestly, having a preordered but still can't get the game on launch is pretty pathetic...

anyway. Was wondering if anyone called and ask when we'll actually get the game...

I wouldn't worry about missing out on the tarot cards. Atlus does pretty big first runs. You could still find the original P4A months after its release with the pre-order soundtrack.

The preorders all stick to their original shipping dates both Arena and Mordor were moved up a week but seems Amazon won't ship them til october 9th for either. Gonna stick w best buy/ futureshop next year.

Yep, my P4AU is out of stock at the moment. I'm also hoping they'll ship SSB 3DS today or atleast tomorrow. BTW for P4AU you can still download the free Adachi/Marie DLC from PSN, whether you have the game or not.

Anyone else order persona 4 arena during this sale and still not have it shipped? I'm worried that I won't get the tarot cards.....

honestly, having a preordered but still can't get the game on launch is pretty pathetic...

anyway. Was wondering if anyone called and ask when we'll actually get the game...
I got mine today but it was slight disappointing with how they packed it.

Was crammed into this
tumblr_ncseijDVnG1td4hx3o2_1280.jpg
and the game packaging was like this
tumblr_ncseijDVnG1td4hx3o1_1280.jpg

There's pretty much no outer box for it other than a makeshift one that was thrown together and sealed with some plastic.. That's on Atlus more than likely but I have a few small tears from it being shoved into that box it barely fit into. I ordered from FutureShop during a 10% off sale but complaining about how I didn't get it on release day (And for it not even having shipped) got me an extra 10% off.

I'm more peeved since I like keeping my collectibles in good condition... and it seems even an exchange wouldn't help the matter :/

Got mordor (amazon)in the mail today and a shipping announcement for smash (FS) and ultimax (amazon) so hopefully they'll come tomorrow. 

For anyone who got mordor did anyone get a preorder bonus code from amazon yet?

I got mine today but it was slight disappointing with how they packed it.

Was crammed into this and the game packaging was like this

There's pretty much no outer box for it other than a makeshift one that was thrown together and sealed with some plastic.. That's on Atlus more than likely but I have a few small tears from it being shoved into that box it barely fit into. I ordered from FutureShop during a 10% off sale but complaining about how I didn't get it on release day (And for it not even having shipped) got me an extra 10% off.

I'm more peeved since I like keeping my collectibles in good condition... and it seems even an exchange wouldn't help the matter :/
The game looks just as bad, if not worse, when picking it up from retailers, having been shipped in loose boxes, free to jumble around with all sorts of other items. The sleeves were packaged around the game case upside-down, too. I really don't know what Atlus was thinking when they OK'd this package design.

The game looks just as bad, if not worse, when picking it up from retailers, having been shipped in loose boxes, free to jumble around with all sorts of other items. The sleeves were packaged around the game case upside-down, too. I really don't know what Atlus was thinking when they OK'd this package design.
Ya... mine arrived today... it's not even a box surrounding the items... just a piece of paper...well guess I don't have to keep this in the collection.

Personally I'd of rather paid a bit extra to get proper packaging for it than this.
Pretty much the same on how I felt about Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix Limited Edition since it won't match up with the KH 1.5 LE or Final Fantasy X/X-2 LE... Sorta a step back in a way.

That's weird. I got no shipping notice from Best Buy. I checked my online order, and it seems they were shipped out on the 19th or so. 

I won't even get my copies until next week...I got my copy of Smash Bros 3DS from them at launch last month too. Sigh.

Now I'm glad I made a backup order at EBGames for ORAS.

Mine was sent seperately from Super Smash Bros and I only got the notification last night. Either way got both games.

I got a notice for SSBU earlier in the week, and received my copy on Friday. Pokemon ORAS was also in the mail on Friday, but I only received the notice late Friday night that said it had shipped.

Before, Best Buy had always shipped stuff late (from Richmond to Calgary) and I would get it a day later (or in the case that the game release on a Friday, the Monday after) but lately they've been shipping early, and I've been getting it consistently on release day.

So, I just got my shipping notice for ORAS from them...3 days after they already had shipped my games out. I still won't see them until Monday.

Walk into your local post office and tell them your name/address, it might just be sitting in the back. Crap like that has happened before. It's an understandable mistake if the mailman meant to card you, but scanned the package as delivered without thinking, then tossed the package back in the truck.

In the topic of shipping.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (First Print) was late shipping on time so I had called BB to get that sorted out and got an additional 10% off.

Now Persona Q Premium hasn't even shipped. On hold for a supervisor because it's unacceptable to not get the product even shipped out by the day before release or day of.

If your stuff hasn't shipped yet give them hell. It is not the consumer's fault if the warehouse only got it today, that is their issue to sort out with the supplier!

bread's done
Back