(Dead) Best Buy: Harry Potter Years 1-5 Blu-ray Limited Ed. Set $25 (more inside)

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Best Buy has a pretty crazy deal of the day featuring Harry Potter. They have a Limited Edition Blu-ray set for Years 1-5 for just $25. That set includes not only the movies, but also bookmarks, a DVD game, trading cards, and more all inside a miniature version of Harry's trunk

LINK

Here's a pic of it, quite a lot for $25

235_1.jpg

Additionally they have great deals on some of the individual movies not included in that set. Some including Best Buy exclusives!

Full List

Blu:

Goblet of Fire
- $4.25
Half-Blood Prince with Death Eater Mask case - $6.25
Deathly Hallows Pt 1 with 24pg Concept art Book - $7.50

DVD:

Chamber of Secrets
- $3.75
Prisoner of Azkaban - $3.75
Order of the Phoenix w/ Mask - $2.99

These are really great deals folks and they likely won't be around for long

Last edited by a moderator:
hot damn those are good deals! nice find ssj! too bad I already own all the potters on blu or I'd bite on this in a heartbeat.

I have that complete set pre-ordered from Amazon UK but this is super tempting. As an HP fan, that trunk looks so cool and I would love those bookmarks, but I don't know where I'd put it. I doubt it'd fit nicely on my DVD rack. Must.decide.quickly.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I have that complete set pre-ordered from Amazon UK but this is super tempting. As an HP fan, that trunk looks so cool and I would love those bookmarks, but I don't know where I'd put it. I doubt it'd fit nicely on my DVD rack. Must.decide.quickly.[/QUOTE]

Same boat. I'm holding out for the Amazon UK deal, but my weakness for swag is being exploited here. I think I should just walk away from the compu--

this deal is gonna disappear quick, i have to decide also, this looks like pre black friday deals, it can't get any cheaper than this

I bought one. I figure if I change my mind I can always just return it to my local BB.

I was reading up on this set, and heard some crazy stories about people getting an HD-DVD copy for Goblet of Fire in their set. It wasn't that widspread at the time and WB quickly created a replacement program for it. I'm assuming this problem has been fixed by now though.

Here's an article about it with the replacement number just in case it hasn't been fixed: http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/s...of_Fire_Blu-ray_Disc_Replacement_Details/1289

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, the trunk set is OOS. I already have the HD DVD trunk set and I also have the Amazon UK 1-8 set preordered. Oh well, I guess I just have to wait for the Amazon UK set.

Are the best buy exclusives worth it for half blood prince or deathly hallows? I've been looking through youtube for unboxing videos but I can't find any.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I bought one. I figure if I change my mind I can always just return it to my local BB.

I was reading up on this set, and heard some crazy stories about people getting an HD-DVD copy for Goblet of Fire in their set. It wasn't that widspread at the time and WB quickly created a replacement program for it. I'm assuming this problem has been fixed by now though.

Here's an article about it with the replacement number just in case it hasn't been fixed: http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/s...of_Fire_Blu-ray_Disc_Replacement_Details/1289[/QUOTE]

Call me crazy, but why not just buy the Goblet of Fire standalone blu ray for $4.25 too? If your Box set doesn't have the HD DVD, you can return the goblet of fire standalone to best buy for $4.25.

Or you can save $4.25 and just wait to go through the replacement process.

damn, seems to be sold out..oh well maybe its for the best, id rather have a super duper deluxe amazing stupendous extended and enlarged version of all 8 films

does anyone know the sku for the box set with the trunk? the link goes to a broken page and doesn't display that item anymore. I'm thinking I may be able to do some price matching at a local frys if I can pull up the price online on my phone.

I just noticed this....I missed it. I honestly never watched the Harry Potter movies (I thik I may have watched the first), but for $25, I might have tried them out....oh well.

BB already shipped out my order, or in the process at least, I have a UPS tracking number. Pretty quick!

I'm still not 100% sure I'll keep it, but I'm glad I ordered it when I did since it sold out quickly after. This really was a Black Friday-esque deal

nope, don't think they sell that 1-5 set in stores (it's a few years old now). Some of the individual sets are/were available for in-store pick-up though but they probably wouldn't ring up for that price in stores as it's an online only deal.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I have that complete set pre-ordered from Amazon UK but this is super tempting. As an HP fan, that trunk looks so cool and I would love those bookmarks, but I don't know where I'd put it. I doubt it'd fit nicely on my DVD rack. Must.decide.quickly.[/QUOTE]That's always the issue with this and other CE-type purchases. Where does the stuff go?

I'm locked in with the Amazon UK complete set, so I'm good there unless someone finds out it's not region free.

samething here i pre ordered the complete set at amazon.uk but the one with exlcusive mask is tempting, for collection purposes.

Just got my 1-5 set from UPS, pretty damn fast delivery by BB. The packaging looks really niceand just about the right size, not too big not too small for a replica "trunk". I probably won't open it all up till Christmas, or my B-day (12/27) though as I think it'll be more fun that way. That'll change however if I hear reports that people are getting an HD-DVD copy of Goblet of Fire

bread's done
Back