DEAD - Best Buy: Insignia Blu-ray Disc Player - $99.99

stryker

CAGiversary!
Best Buy is selling the Insignia Blu-ray Disc Player for $99.99!

9245514_ra.jpg

Enjoy movies in brilliant high-definition with this Blu-ray Disc player that features 1080p upconversion and BD-Live support.
What's Included

* Insignia® Blu-ray Disc Player with 1080p Output
* Remote with 2 AAA batteries
* A/V cable
* Composite video cable
* AC cord
* Owner's manual

Product Features

* Blu-ray Disc format compatible
For high-definition movie playback with resolution up to 5 times greater than DVD.
* Delivers greatly enhanced video performance with standard DVDs
By upconverting their video resolution to HDTV compliant 720p, 1080i or 1080p via the HDMI interface.
* Plays BD-ROM discs
Backward compatible with DVD, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD and CD-R/RW discs. Compatible with MP3 and WMA formats.
* Plays Blu-ray media
That can store up to 50GB of high-definition video and audio.
* Built-in decoders
For next-generation Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD high-resolution surround, plus lossless Dolby TrueHD (2-channel).
* HDMI output
Provides an uncompressed all-digital audio/video link for the highest quality connection and supports copy-protected HD broadcast content.
* Dual USB ports
1 on the front and 1 on the rear for expanded connectivity options.
* BD-Live ready
For access to expanded Blu-ray Disc features.
* Outputs
Include 1 stereo audio, 1 composite video, 1 component video, 1 optical digital audio, 1 coaxial digital audio and 1 HDMI.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered this had some pretty good reviews and for 99$ how can you complain. there's also a video review on youtube look it up. it looks nice.

[quote name='blakhawkjohn']I snagged one for a second setup.[/QUOTE]
Saw this on SD, I am in for one. Thinking about a Square Trade Warranty any of you have any experience with them?

[quote name='xxDOYLExx']Saw this on SD, I am in for one. Thinking about a Square Trade Warranty any of you have any experience with them?[/QUOTE]

What is the Square Trade Warranty?

[quote name='blakhawkjohn']What is the Square Trade Warranty?[/QUOTE]

they are an online warranty service that is about half the price for warrantys than retail stores. Also, they are totally legit check it out. www.squaretrade.com

I just picked one up for a 2nd/bedroom setup as well. I'm considering putting my PS3 in my bedroom and putting this player in the living due the PS3 wireless connectivity.

Very nice deal. I own an older model from the same manufacturer and it works great. If I hadn't just purchased a PS3 a month ago I'd consider buying this for a second set up as well.

such a shame.....i own a wonderful gaming setup with awesome surround sound and a lovely 37" LCD that puts my friend's TVs to shame...but what good is a BluRay player when my tv only shows 720p & 1080i? :cry:

Nice deal. I'd like a secondary BR player for a bedroom, but the Slim PS3 supposedly will be out soon, and if that has a price drop, I may opt for that instead. Of course, having a 3rd BR player would be cool, too, lol.

[quote name='jcp42877']such a shame.....i own a wonderful gaming setup with awesome surround sound and a lovely 37" LCD that puts my friend's TVs to shame...but what good is a BluRay player when my tv only shows 720p & 1080i? :cry:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like Demolition Man said, Blu-Rays would still look way better on your HDTV than regular DVDs. Plus they sometimes have cool features that DVDs don't, such as the in-movie-experiences on Watchmen or the second release of 300.

I'd kind of like to have a second BR player too... I might just hold out for a slim PS3 though, I don't know.

man wtf bb just as my ps3 lens dies i was going to get one tomorrow you jack the price. Not worth it now since it will cost me 150.00 just for a ps3 repair damn it.

ServerKing you can get replacement drives on Ebay for about $70-90 if you think you could install it yourself...

Isn't this still the cheapest BD-Live capable player on the market even at $135? The $99 clearance player at Wal-Mart (forget the brand) isn't BD-Live compatible.

bread's done
Back