[DEAD] Borderlands 2 (360, PS3) $20 gift card In Store Tuesday only @Toys R Us

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
(Sway and I already posted this in the stickied thread up top but I made a new thread as I felt this was too good of a deal to not get more notice.)

On Tuesday, September 18 ONLY, :360::ps3: Borderlands 2 will receive another $10 gift card in addition to the $10 gift card previously mentioned in the ad when you purchase it in store.

http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/media/trus/BoarderlandCoupon.pdf?csm=392980480&csc=2194610&csa=390575930&csu=2197130&camp=CME:EM091612E%2520TRU%2520Roto%2520SUC

This is the best deal if you're not Unlocked at Best Buy or if you'd rather have store credit at Toys R Us instead of Best Buy. I don't believe this will have the Premier Access Club included.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Saix_XIII']I wish you could PM this easily at Best Buy. I am going to try still I think, but from what I hear it isn't that easy.[/QUOTE]

It's up to the manager of the store and how desperate they are on that day to hit numbers.

I'm going to try to price match at Best Buy as well.

1st. $20 GC from TRU. If that doesn't work...
2st. $15 Coupon from Kmart. And as a last resort...
3rd. $10 GC from TRU

$20 in Reward Certs plus $20 in GC would be EXTREMELY nice.

If you're going to try & pm @ BB I'd suggest NOT DOING it in the gaming area since it's already YMMV(Tues only really sucks) & they will definitely quote that they're already offering $20 for the game. Even I won't be able to get this matched @ my goto BB since the manager that does it is also in the GC. But I can't complain after scoring Persona 4, Risen 2, Amazing Spider-man, Lego Batman 2, Darksiders 2, Max Payne 3, Ghost Recon Future soldier & Transformers FOC for $240(via TRU 2 for $60 pm).

@ aShufflinZombie
Wouldn't $60 cash/credit for the game & $20 credit beat 1, 2 or 3 even w/o the $10/$20 GC? Not to mention the $20 cash/credit you'll get back via pm. For an end result of $40 + 420 credit.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bosamba'](Sway and I already posted this in the stickied thread up top but I made a new thread as I felt this was too good of a deal to not get more notice.)

On Tuesday, September 18 ONLY, :360::ps3: Borderlands 2 will receive another $10 gift card in addition to the $10 gift card previously mentioned in the ad when you purchase it in store.

http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/med...2197130&camp=CME:EM091612E%20TRU%20Roto%20SUC

This is the best deal if you're not Unlocked at Best Buy or if you'd rather have store credit at Toys R Us instead of Best Buy. I don't believe this will have the Premier Access Club included.[/QUOTE]

can multiple people use this coupon?

[quote name='Enuf']If you're going to try & pm @ BB I'd suggest NOT DOING it in the gaming area since it's already YMMV(Tues only really sucks) & they will definitely quote that they're already offering $20 for the game.

@ aShufflinZombie
Wouldn't $60 cash/credit for the game & $20 credit beat 1, 2 or 3 even w/o the $10/$20 GC? Not to mention the $20 cash/credit you'll get back via pm. For an end result of $40 + 420 credit.[/QUOTE]

I would probably be happy paying MSRP with cash at Gamestop, but I am a CheapAssGamer after all. :D

[quote name='wwe101']can multiple people use this coupon?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nnthomas']Do I need to print that coupon?[/QUOTE]

*In-store purchase only. Quantities limited; no rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/2/13, except where prohibited. Limit one promotional Gift Card per guest. Offer expires 9/18/12. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Cannot be combined with any other offer.
One coupon per Guest.
While supplies last. No substitutions or rain checks. Not valid on prior purchases.
Must be surrendered at time of purchase. Only original coupons accepted.
Void where prohibited. Valid USA only. Cash value 1/100 of 1¢

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']I would probably be happy paying MSRP with cash at Gamestop, but I am a CheapAssGamer after all. :D[/QUOTE]Unless you have the ulimate loot edition @ GS I'm completely confused...
1- You know there's a 110% Trade in bonus @ BB?
2- You know there's a GS to BB flip thread?
3- You know GS has a b2g1(all games now limited stores/b2g1 $15 or less Wii games?
4- You know there's like 8 games which you could easily turn $60 @ GS into much more(over $100) @ BB?

If you've answered no to any of these ?'s you're not yet fully efficient CAG. But do what works for you.

[quote name='Enuf']Unless you have the ulimate loot edition @ GS I'm completely confused...
1- You know there's a 110% Trade in bonus @ BB?
2- You know there's a GS to BB flip thread?
3- You know GS has a b2g1(all games now limited stores/b2g1 $15 or less Wii games?
4- You know there's like 8 games which you could easily turn $60 @ GS into much more(over $100) @ BB?

If you've answered no to any of these ?'s you're not yet fully efficient CAG. But do what works for you.[/QUOTE]

I meant as in worst case scenario, I would go there.

1. Yes. 100 plus unlocked (10)
2. Yes. Burned through almost all GS credit.
3. Yes. And if I flip Dora or something I will look like a weirdo.
4. I have already flipped all the higher value games to Best Buy and don't want to risk a ban.

3- who cares if you look like a weirdo if it's a good flip? iv gone to gamestop and got 3 copies of magical carnival horsie rider and beastly frantic foto. do you really care what gamestop employees think of you? lol

[quote name='Enuf']But I can't complain after scoring Persona 4, Risen 2, Amazing Spider-man, B:AC GOTY, Darksiders 2, Transformers FOC...for 2 for $30.[/QUOTE]

How did you manage that?

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']I meant as in worst case scenario, I would go there.

1. Yes. 100 plus unlocked (10)
2. Yes. Burned through almost all GS credit.
3. Yes. And if I flip Dora or something I will look like a weirdo.
4. I have already flipped all the higher value games to Best Buy and don't want to risk a ban.[/QUOTE]I did too but I still used cash b/c some of the flips combined with my extra 25% off coupon made it really easy to score points @ GS & BB on top of the credit. I went from 21,000 PUR points to 64,000 in a week. Granted I have my sister's, mom & girlfriends ID's so all the games are 12X vs 3X.

[quote name='aircobra']How did you manage that?[/QUOTE]TRU 2 for $60 PM @ BB. The TRU is right around the corner from BB & the store manager there knows I won't hesitate to drop $300-$500 on games depending on the sale & he's not gonna let me spend it next door either. So I brought the TRU ad in & said "if you're matching I'm buying" he went away for 2-3 minutes & came back & said your good. I picked out all the games they had that I wanted, brought them to CS & he & one other supervisor helped the cashier w/overrides. Funny thing is they rang it up crazy by charging me $59.98 for 1 game & $0.01 for the 2ns. they also did each set on a different receipt.

I saw lots of CAG were able to get the same pm @ BB but only for the games listed in the ad, I'd think others could've gotten the same match as me but would've needed to be willing to spend at least $250.

If only this deal was out a week earlier I'v already pre-ordered it!
order

[quote name='trashyexclusion']If only this deal was out a week earlier I'v already pre-ordered it!
order
[/QUOTE]

Get it from Toys R Us today, take the Toys R Us copy and return it to wherever your pre-ordered from (after you've claimed Premier Club/ Arena codes of course).

I thought the promo gift card is good until 02/02/2013.

If the last two COD releases at TRU are any indication they've had great deals.

For black ops it was buy one $59.99 game get either a $15/$20GC (Can't remember which) but if you bought two you got a $50 GC and they also gave out free t-shirts.

For MW3 it was I think $20GC and a free replica MW3 jeep.

So if you are planning on picking up Borderlands 2 with the intent of using the Gift Card on Black ops 2 I'd say that is a pretty good plan

[quote name='GBAstar']I thought the promo gift card is good until 02/02/2013.

For black ops it was buy one $59.99 game get either a $15/$20GC (Can't remember which) but if you bought two you got a $50 GC and they also gave out free t-shirts.

So if you are planning on picking up Borderlands 2 with the intent of using the Gift Card on Black ops 2 I'd say that is a pretty good plan[/QUOTE]

I bought one of those jeeps for a penny on Black Friday :)

[quote name='GBAstar']I thought the promo gift card is good until 02/02/2013.

So if you are planning on picking up Borderlands 2 with the intent of using the Gift Card on Black ops 2 I'd say that is a pretty good plan[/QUOTE]

Ah, sweet! Thanks :)

[quote name='oper00']will anyone report if they were able to PM this with BB?[/QUOTE]

my BB said, no. they only PM prices not promos.

I was able to PM this at my BB (Irving, TX #1032) today.

I had called the store manager yesterday and he said no problem. He's not working today, but he said to just drop his name (Cameron) and they'd put it through.

They didn't even bother with the GC, they just took $20 off the game.

I did take a print-out of the TRU coupon with me.

Photo included.

receipte.jpg

[quote name='PayperMario']"Cannot be combined with any other offer"

So, the in store $10 gift card is one offer.. this might not work.[/QUOTE]

Um, did you read the whole coupon?
It says right on there in HUGE print:
FREE $10 gift card
PLUS get a 2nd FREE $10 gift card with this coupon

just got back from TRU (Woodbridge NJ) on my lunch break, I confirm the deal is good to go :D

got the PS3 version and the promos (one GC with $20 on it). Thanks TC and CAG!

[quote name='PayperMario']Oh.
Well, then I guess I'm buying it, godammit. :)[/QUOTE]

Quoted for truth. ;)

Wanted to wait for Black Friday for this game. Guess I don't need to do that! Now what games should I spend my $20 GC with on Black Friday?...

I might have to do this today. Need a game to kill time for the next two months till Wii u which I pre ordered at toys r us so I know the gift cards will be put to good use.

Worked great at the TRU I stopped at. They had about 13 :360: copies but only 6 :ps3: My buddy and I went in on this, so I bought the game at 11:30am for $64.xx. Dropped it off with him and he gave me $45 cash. Now I'm going to another TRU after 5:30pm, dropping down the cash and the (2) gift cards from earlier..seemed like a good idea. Can't beat launch day games bought for a perceived $40!!

Thanks Op, just got the game and the gift card, they gave me a 20 dollar gift card instead of two 10 dollar one, which makes a lot more sense. locking up my ultimate loot box.

Worked at the store at near North star mall. The guy that was working the counter had no idea about the coupon, but he was like ok cool.

It was so painful to get this done. They didn't know today was the 18th so the game wasn't even out. They gave me a merchandise credit gift card so it won't expire (cause they didn't know it was 18th and the old promo card ran out in 10 days). If you know your store has dumb people, I suggest planning ahead to give yourself extra time.

[quote name='Bosamba']Get it from Toys R Us today, take the Toys R Us copy and return it to wherever your pre-ordered from (after you've claimed Premier Club/ Arena codes of course).[/QUOTE]

I like the way you steal.

i didnt have any problem getting my double GC promo w/a print out. thanks OP. fortunately my friend's mom who this game is for won't need any preorder DLC.

This is a crappy thing to do to Best Buy. The reason Toy's R Us is offering the 20 gift card is because of what Best Buy was doing. Best Buy was generous enough to give us this deal and you're going to go back there and try to get another 20 dollars out of them? Shame on you. I guess I'm not as cheap as I thought I was, but I appreciate the fact that Best Buy is giving us an amazing deal on an amazing game and I want them to continue to do so in the future.

My bestbuy were total fucking prudes about everything. took literally 30 minutes for them to find my pre order and snarky comments about how that "trick wont work". I even printed both adds but it was like talking to a wall.

Is there a better deal than this at the moment? This looks like it for me but I'm just double checking before I head over.

Eh, Best Buy wouldn't match ... I hate that their promo makes you wait up to 30 days for a $20 credit ... so I cancelled my 5 BB preorders and will see what happens, may do a pre-order or two at Best Buy but their PMing has become a joke, with so many terms and conditions that I'm sick of their bs and would rather deal with straight up day of gift cards than the confusing cluster fuck of an alternative at Best Buy.

BB matched for me. However I didn't get my pre-order code and it's not on the receipt, what gives? Anyone else get this problem? I threw down $5 last weekend for it

bread's done
Back