[DEAD] Buy.com, Bandai Ent. Sale (Up to 70% Off), inc. Cowboy Bebop Remix Boxset: $18

WTK

CAGiversary!
Save Up to 70% on Select Bandai Ent. Releases @ Buy.com

Highlights include...

Last edited by a moderator:
what's up with the Cowboy Bebop Remix? Per amazon's description, "Completely Re-mastered and Remixed and newly animated scenes with 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound! Genre: Action / Sci-Fi" Are the newly animated scenes good? Bad? Stick out?

There are no "newly animated scenes"... it's weird that they would say that there are.

Basically there is 5.1 sound and slightly cleaned up visuals.

Ooooooh... This seems like a good time to replace the old, crappy bootleg set of Cowboy Bebop that I bought as a kid and refuse to watch now that I know it isn't legitimate.

I'll assume that the picture quality is pretty good on it, right? Because my bootleg is macroblocky as hell.

Those are some fantastic prices on Gurren Lagann though. 0_0;

[quote name='zenintrude']There are no "newly animated scenes"... it's weird that they would say that there are.

Basically there is 5.1 sound and slightly cleaned up visuals.[/QUOTE]

sounds like a no brainer then. thanks!

For those prices, everyone needs to pick up Cowboy Bebop, Fantastic Children, Big O, and Gundam 08th MS Team. Eureka Seven and Yukikaze are worth it, too, come to think of it.

[quote name='gryphter']sounds like a no brainer then. thanks![/QUOTE]

$18 for the complete Cowboy Bebop series? You're damn right it is. :)

Too bad they don't have the second collection of Eureka Seven for the same price. Still, I think I'll pick up the first set and Galaxy Angel X (which I felt like I've been waiting forever for a decent price on that) for $36. I'm sure I'll find a good price for the second collection sometime.

EDIT\didn't see Gundam 08th MS Team at first glance. Damn that seems like too good a price to pass up. >_

Hi, I'm the "Shipping Kills The Deal" monster and I'm here to scare you all! Grrrr!!

It's reasonable, but I really wanted Big O without the 2.90 shipping on top.

Thanks, OP! I've wanted to watch the entire Cowboy Bebop series, and now I can do it cheaply and with improved visuals and sound! All before Black Friday, too - what a beautiful world :)

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Hi, I'm the "Shipping Kills The Deal" monster and I'm here to scare you all! Grrrr!!

It's reasonable, but I really wanted Big O without the 2.90 shipping on top.[/QUOTE]

If you're buying both sets, shipping *is* free.

Eureka Seven is very tempting. I only caught it a couple of times on Adult Swim and it seemed like a fun show. Would people recommend it? If the second complete collection was on sale, I would definitely pick it up.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']If you're buying both sets, shipping *is* free.[/QUOTE]

Oh? That's a big relief then. I didn't even bother to check the cost for adding both sets! You killed the Shipping Kills the Deal monster!

Also, ECA members get 5.00 off a 75.00 purchase for music, movies and video games. So if you're making a big purchase, 5.00 is 5.00 afterall.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kirin Lemon']If you're buying both sets, shipping *is* free.[/QUOTE]I had to double-check to make sure you need Vol 1 & Vol 2 to get the whole series for Big O.

Picked up both of them for $28, with Bing cashback thrown in for good measure (I hope). Free shipping was also nice, though you have to make sure you select budget shipping for the free shipping.

Vol 1 is $34.99 on Amazon right now and Vol 2 is $29.99. $28 for both, no brainer.

I'd get the Bebop box set if I didn't already have it from somewhere else previously. That's a must have.

Sweet I was waiting for a deal on the Cowboy Bebop Remix Complete Collection. I think they cheapest I had seen it go from a legitamite retailer was $29.99. $19.90 after shipping is a steal.

Thanks OP. Picked up Big O and Mars Daybreak. I actually already have Big O II but never got the DVD set for the first season after having seen it when it aired. Time to revisit it.

Mars Daybreak simply for the hell of it given this deal, I remember liking what I saw of a couple episodes years ago when it was new, but never followed through.

I've often eyed one or the other for deals, so $30 for both I think will do...

[quote name='MondiBlue']Eureka Seven is very tempting. I only caught it a couple of times on Adult Swim and it seemed like a fun show. Would people recommend it? If the second complete collection was on sale, I would definitely pick it up.[/QUOTE]

Eureka Seven is my favorite anime of all time! I bought it by the volume back when it was full price so ya I'd say so.

Picked up:
Sola $16.00
Rocket Girls Complete Collection $18.00
Eureka Seven Complete Collection 1 $18.00

Sola is a steal at the price it just came out 9/29/2009 at 44.99 retail. Was going to be my only purchase of the "new" DDD sale but that price is below 25% would have been. Quite a few decent complete collections for sale.

I picked up My Hime, Cowboy Bebop Remix and Fantastic Children. Thanks for the heads up on this sale and thanks for killing my wallet.

I love collections, it saves me space since I have like no room left. I actually have to buy a new bookcase to fit all my dvd's. And I have a tiny apartment bedroom. I also want all of Code Geass. I wish the collections were part of this sale.

[quote name='GogetaSS4']I love collections, it saves me space since I have like no room left. [/QUOTE]
You apparently didn't understand what I meant. The "collections" in this sale don't save space since everyone of them has a box and a ton of useless/crappy extras in most cases. Like the stupid Lucky Star t-shirts.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I'm sad that this is only for "collections". I'd pick up all of Code Geass and Lucky Star if I could get the non-LEs.[/QUOTE]

QFT for Code Geass.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']You apparently didn't understand what I meant. The "collections" in this sale don't save space since everyone of them has a box and a ton of useless/crappy extras in most cases. Like the stupid Lucky Star t-shirts.[/QUOTE]

If you want to reduce confusion, maybe you should call them "limited editions" instead of "collections". :razz:

i normally hate anime, but there are some i liked throughout the years (speed racer, Gatchaman, Akira) so i picked up Cowboy Bebop, heard really good things about it. its OOS but it let me order it anyway, i dont care when it gets here, only cost me 21.17 after tax.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']If you want to reduce confusion, maybe you should call them "limited editions" instead of "collections". :razz:[/QUOTE]
I did mention LEs. I was only doing collection with the quotes because that's what buy.com was calling them.

[quote name='postulio']i normally hate anime, but there are some i liked throughout the years (speed racer, Gatchaman, Akira) so i picked up Cowboy Bebop, heard really good things about it. its OOS but it let me order it anyway, i dont care when it gets here, only cost me 21.17 after tax.[/QUOTE]

Cowboy Bebop (I own Remix already) is one of a very few anime that is name-dropped year after year as "a best ever" that actually is...and also which can be fairly easily recommended to general audiences. About as "must own" as it gets among anime, anything $30 or less should be considered a steal for it.

I wanna buy all the Gundam and my-hime and cowboy bebop but im going to wait out and see what is blurayed. i dont have the moeny right now anyway

Never ordered from Buy.com before so have a question. How do they handle OOS items? Was gonna pick up Bebop collection because it would be cheaper then getting 5 & 6 else where and the ones I have are older versions anyways.

So as long as I purchase it while the sale is on, and they get more in stock, I will get it for the sale price and just have to wait for them to restock to receive it correct?

[quote name='Ibramgaunt249']Never ordered from Buy.com before so have a question. How do they handle OOS items? Was gonna pick up Bebop collection because it would be cheaper then getting 5 & 6 else where and the ones I have are older versions anyways.

So as long as I purchase it while the sale is on, and they get more in stock, I will get it for the sale price and just have to wait for them to restock to receive it correct?[/QUOTE]

Correct.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']:wall: Champloo isn't a Bandai title.[/QUOTE]And it's coming out on BR in a month and should look better than the DVD. :wall:

Hey any other discounts to get my copy of Bebop even lower? Google failed to find me an active working code for 10% off/etc

[quote name='GogetaSS4']Eureka Seven is my favorite anime of all time! I bought it by the volume back when it was full price so ya I'd say so.[/QUOTE]

Saw this post Saturday morning and went to purchase it. It was sold out. :bomb:

I've checked back a couple of times each day and now they have it for $29.99.

[quote name='MondiBlue']Saw this post Saturday morning and went to purchase it. It was sold out. :bomb:

I've checked back a couple of times each day and now they have it for $29.99.[/QUOTE]

Strange, some price increases now. Sola jumped from 16.99 to 27.99 as well.

[quote name='Grico']Strange, some price increases now. Sola jumped from 16.99 to 27.99 as well.[/QUOTE]
It's still there for sola. See here. It's not the default option as it's not in-stock.

[quote name='WTK']It's still there for sola. See here. It's not the default option as it's not in-stock.[/QUOTE]

Ah I had forget their stupidity of putting affiliate links above their own often. So Eureka 7 is the only one who seems to have gone away (don't see a buy.com price link there anymore)

Got my first shipment in today: Rocket Girls and Sola. Eureka Seven shipping Thursday. I'm considering one more order if this deal is still going.

Hmm, still no Big O. Oddly enough I ordered two sets, but only got the Bing Cashback for one set (70 cents) Yeah, it's only 70 cents, but anything I can do to get that money?

bread's done
Back