[Dead/Canceled] Ultimate Matrix Collection [Blu-ray] - $15.24 Shipped at DD

Hm . . . Interestingly, the cancellation email that I got only lists the Batman set. I wonder if that means that they will honor the Matrix one? Has anyone gotten a cancellation for their Matrix orders, or have they all been for the Batman orders?

I was about to send them a response telling them to go to hell too (because really, that "we hope that you will replace your order" bullshit is just insulting), but I'll wait and see -- if they are going to send the Matrix set, I don't want to screw that up. ;)

Edit: Second email just came in, cancellation for the Matrix. Oh well.

Edit #2: Nice, they don't even want replies:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 5.7.1 ... server [10.1.1.45] for previously cached response: "550 5.1.1 User unknown" (state 14).
I mean, I know a lot of businesses use one-way address for sending out messages, but "[email protected]" (the address their cancellation messages came from) sure sounds like it should be a legitimate contact address.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JasonTerminator']Was there some huge fiasco that I missed that caused everybody to hate DD now? I ordered Terminator Salvation over the summer from them and had no problems, and I used to make gigantic orders a few years ago during their 20% off sales.

So what happened?[/QUOTE]

Well there was that time they canceled everyones matrix collection.

On the plus side, at least they didn't sit on the orders for months before canceling them. I half expected that to happen. Doesn't excuse them by any means, of course.

I almost ordered this. I'm glad I didn't. I've never ordered from DD but seeing all the negative feedback here, I never will.

[quote name='arcane93']On the plus side, at least they didn't sit on the orders for months before canceling them. I half expected that to happen. Doesn't excuse them by any means, of course.[/QUOTE]
I was about to come in here and comment that. At least they put you guys out of your misery.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Was there some huge fiasco that I missed that caused everybody to hate DD now? I ordered Terminator Salvation over the summer from them and had no problems, and I used to make gigantic orders a few years ago during their 20% off sales.

So what happened?[/QUOTE]

To give you an idea of their shipping nowadays, I got a movie last week that I ordered over Labor Day. The problem with DD now is their backordering. They send you useless "your item is backordered" e-mails for months and never give you an indication of when it'll ship. Some people just get their orders cancelled instead. I'm lucky I even got my order. I'm not going to say I'll never order from DD again... I just won't do it for anything I want right away. Companies like Amazon and Newegg have set a bar for quick online ordering that DD has not been living up to.

[quote name='arcane93']
I was about to send them a response telling them to go to hell too (because really, that "we hope that you will replace your order" bullshit is just insulting), but I'll wait and see -- if they are going to send the Matrix set, I don't want to screw that up. ;)
[/QUOTE]

I sent a nasty e-mail but went to the "Contact Us" page on their site, knowing that replying to their e-mail would be bounced back. I'm sure I'll never get a response but it felt good writing the final line:

“Maybe I'll purchase this item when you're doing a liquidation sale after you file for bankruptcy.”

[quote name='BuckSatan']I sent a nasty e-mail but went to the "Contact Us" page on their site, knowing that replying to their e-mail would be bounced back. I'm sure I'll never get a response but it felt good writing the final line:

“Maybe I'll purchase this item when you're doing a liquidation sale after you file for bankruptcy.”[/QUOTE]Ditto. I said something along the same lines. It won't produce anything, but it still feels good.

[quote name='adamthered']The swirling of the bowl started when they dropped the third "D" from their name.

DDD = golden
DD = flushed[/QUOTE]

So I guess that D they dropped wasn't Dookie.

I got a canceled email, but it only says The Matrix. Did anyone get an email saying that BOTH batman and the matrix was canceled? I wonder if batman is canceled as well.

On my order page, it still shows up as open for both, but my last order still says on backorder when I got it in the mail a few days ago so who knows when they update that page.

I saw this earlier but won't touch DD with a ten foot pole. I used to order from them way back during the BD/HD format wars. They had some decent prices back then and things like others have mentioned like free shipping.

[quote name='BuckSatan']it felt good writing the final line:

“Maybe I'll purchase this item when you're doing a liquidation sale after you file for bankruptcy.”[/QUOTE]

It won't be long at this rate which I don't understand to be honest. When you have a big business like theirs was it's easy to see and find out what works and what doesn't. It's easy to copy the model others like Amazon have laid down. If for nothing else than to at least be able to stay viable in the market as an option for people to order from when you have decent sales. Unfortunately DD seems to be pretty clueless.

[quote name='heyboova']I got a canceled email, but it only says The Matrix. Did anyone get an email saying that BOTH batman and the matrix was canceled? I wonder if batman is canceled as well.

On my order page, it still shows up as open for both, but my last order still says on backorder when I got it in the mail a few days ago so who knows when they update that page.[/QUOTE]

I got two cancellation emails, one for each.

Perhaps your mail client hid the other one, thinking it was a dupe?

Glad I didnt bother. Sounded great but I'd just recently heard a lot of bad things about DD. Now I guess it's confirmed to me at least and I know not to deal with them.

[quote name='HumpsMcLovin']Has anyone called and been a jerk to their customer service? I'm pretty tempted to...[/QUOTE]

Good lord, why?

I seriously hope you have better things to do with your time then this.

The person answering the phone is going to bear the brunt of this when they had nothing to do with the decision that led to your order being canceled. The fact that it was canceled was no surprise to anyone here, and I doubt it was to you either. Why spread more negative vibes by calling up some person you do not know and being a jerk?

[quote name='HumpsMcLovin']Has anyone called and been a jerk to their customer service? I'm pretty tempted to...[/QUOTE]

Don't be a dick. Keep in mind, when you call customer service, you're getting some minimum wage employee who knows only what their computer tells them and can't do anything about your order being canceled. From my experience, Deep Discount's phone support people are reasonably nice and helpful within what limited capacity they're given (keeping in mind that there's nothing they can do about the company's larger problems). You are accomplishing nothing by making them miserable.

Honestly, if you want to get your message through to someone who matters, you're much better off being polite and expressing your dissatisfaction as nicely as possible. Then they might actually pass the message on. If you're a jerk, the customer service person will just write you off as an asshole and it'll go no further than them.

[quote name='Yanksfan']Good lord, why?

I seriously hope you have better things to do with your time then this.

The person answering the phone is going to bear the brunt of this when they had nothing to do with the decision that led to your order being canceled. The fact that it was canceled was no surprise to anyone here, and I doubt it was to you either. Why spread more negative vibes by calling up some person you do not know and being a jerk?[/QUOTE]

This. Especially around the holidays...really? :roll:

[quote name='thegreek']This could be the final nail in DD's coffin.[/QUOTE]
I hope so; tired of seeing wicked deals posted and then seeing it's from DD.

bread's done
Back