*DEAD* Circuit City mistake - 5 dollar games!! (YMMV)

A deal requiring cashier error is not a deal.
It's a scam, an exploit.
Deals are the same across the board, and do not require the person ringing you up to "mess up" and not catch thier error for you to get the deal.

[quote name='spyhunterk19']Oh and also, dont tell people to leave CAG when you only have 2 posts and you've made about 4 accounts...[/quote]

Howe can you tell when someone made 4 accounts?

Also, what does "Package 2" mean? I dont understand this thread at all.

[quote name='whydoihavetoregister']Ugh.

I assumed it was easy to understand, but here is the story. They have a package this week for all the Platinum hits games. BUT...the package (which is number 2, god you ppl are childish) rings them up for 5 dollars each, instead of 15 dollars each. I got them on this deal this am and got about 50 different games. If you don't want a cheap ass deal, hang out in another forum.

We screwed CC plenty of times before, lets do it again!![/quote]

You sir, are a horrible excuse for a CAG.
Buying products when they offer them at a low price is not "screwing CC"
Buying penny guides is not "screwing CC".

Maybe you do lame thieving crap at your CC's, but most of us are not thieves, nor scammers. Don't include us in your filth.
If you don't want to be flamed for being a thief or a scammer, maybe you should hang out in a different forum. I'm sure there is a bunch of selfish assholes who don't care whom they hurt so long as they get what they want somewhere on the internet.

[quote name='spyhunterk19']BURN HIM!!!! :lol:[/quote]

Wait! I got to set up a fire first! :twisted:

flame.jpg

Im going to try this at a fast food place. Im sorry I need you to press package number two when you ring it up! Its going to be great. They will sit there and look for package number two for an hour!

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='whydoihavetoregister']Ugh.

I assumed it was easy to understand, but here is the story. They have a package this week for all the Platinum hits games. BUT...the package (which is number 2, god you ppl are childish) rings them up for 5 dollars each, instead of 15 dollars each. I got them on this deal this am and got about 50 different games. If you don't want a cheap ass deal, hang out in another forum.

Maybe you do lame thieving crap at your CC's, but most of us are not thieves, nor scammers. Don't include us in your filth.
If you don't want to be flamed for being a thief or a scammer, maybe you should hang out in a different forum. I'm sure there is a bunch of selfish assholes who don't care whom they hurt so long as they get what they want somewhere on the internet.[/quote]

I am willing to give this newbie a chance (Despite the fact that I dont believe him). I'll wait to get confirmation from a CAG regular or higher. If this post was true, then this guy will be worth listening to in the future. If this is false, then he deserves to get flamed.

"If this post was true, then this guy will be worth listening to in the future"

Not in my opinion, he is scamming CC by taking advantage of stupid cashiers..

OP, to be fair, your first post was extremely vague about how this deal works. You can't just get everyone's hopes up about a deal of this calibur, be unclear about how to get it done, and then call people childish just because we can't understand what you're talking about. So if you want to try again in plain english, describing what these packages are and how we can choose them, than I'm sure that we all be receptive.

Damn. I won't make it out there until tomorrow evening, but I'm guessing if this works at all, it will be YMMV. The deal he is talking about, if you didn't already know, is that CC has their PC, GH, and PH games on sale for 2 for $30. Not sure what package #2 means though. :?

negative this doesnt, work when I told them to use package #2 this had no idea what I was talking about. I looked such like an idot going up with 10 games with a huge line behind me. spent like 5mins standing there trying to figure out wat this package #2 was. Walked out with like 5 grinning stares at me well guess I aint welcome there no more.

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='whydoihavetoregister']Ugh.

If you don't want to be flamed for being a thief or a scammer, maybe you should hang out in a different forum. I'm sure there is a bunch of selfish assholes who don't care whom they hurt so long as they get what they want somewhere on the internet.[/quote]

While I agree that going in with the mindset of screwing CC rather than getting cheap games is a little off, I think people are being a little harsh with the noobs. It is a system error, not a cashier error. Yes, it is an exploit, but it does not require cashier error, it is just in the system for a lower than advertised price.

[quote name='Hksuperman3000']negative this doesnt, work when I told them to use package #2 this had no idea what I was talking about. I looked such like an idot going up with 10 games with a huge line behind me. spent like 5mins standing there trying to figure out wat this package #2 was. Walked out with like 5 grinning stares at me well guess I aint welcome there no more.[/quote]

:rofl:

[quote name='Hksuperman3000']negative this doesnt, work when I told them to use package #2 this had no idea what I was talking about. I looked such like an idot going up with 10 games with a huge line behind me. spent like 5mins standing there trying to figure out wat this package #2 was. Walked out with like 5 grinning stares at me well guess I aint welcome there no more.[/quote]

Well, thanks for taking one for the team :D

Don't worry about it. I have had stuff like that happen to me before. That is the price we pay for being CAGs.

I appreciate you checking this out. I have to admit though, your post is pretty funny.

[quote name='spyhunterk19']"If this post was true, then this guy will be worth listening to in the future"

Not in my opinion, he is scamming CC by taking advantage of stupid cashiers..[/quote]

It is my understanding, which may be incorrect, that "Package 2" is merely the correct key to discount Platinum Hits this week, but it has been entered with an incorrect price. I don't think it is taking advantage of cashier error, but of a system-wide misprice (which I understand is still wrong in the opinion of many CAGs).

haha, it sux when u are that guy, thanx for tryin it though

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='spyhunterk19']"If this post was true, then this guy will be worth listening to in the future"

Not in my opinion, he is scamming CC by taking advantage of stupid cashiers..[/quote]

It is my understanding, which may be incorrect, that "Package 2" is merely the correct key to discount Platinum Hits this week, but it has been entered with an incorrect price. I don't think it is taking advantage of cashier error, but of a system-wide misprice (which I understand is still wrong in the opinion of many CAGs).[/quote]

What I got from it, reading the OP, was that their is a package one (default) that does 2 for 30, wheras their is a secret "Package 2" that gets 2 for 10....thats what i call a scam.

[quote name='ananag112'][quote name='Hksuperman3000']negative this doesnt, work when I told them to use package #2 this had no idea what I was talking about. I looked such like an idot going up with 10 games with a huge line behind me. spent like 5mins standing there trying to figure out wat this package #2 was. Walked out with like 5 grinning stares at me well guess I aint welcome there no more.[/quote]

Don't worry about it. I have had stuff like that happen to me before. That is the price we pay for being CAGs.[/quote]

:lol: I did that last week when TRU wouldn't accept my VALID coupon....cheap bastards...

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='spyhunterk19']"If this post was true, then this guy will be worth listening to in the future"

It is my understanding, which may be incorrect, that "Package 2" is merely the correct key to discount Platinum Hits this week, but it has been entered with an incorrect price. I don't think it is taking advantage of cashier error, but of a system-wide misprice (which I understand is still wrong in the opinion of many CAGs).[/quote]

Sorry, guessed, but your understanding is wrong. Reread the first post he made.

Go into your local CC and pick up any Players Choice or Greatest hits game and have the tard there ring it up using package #2 (The one for Platinum hits, etc.). They will all ring up for 5$, not $15 like they are supposed to!!

This suggests that they are NOT to be using the "Package #2" key during this promo. He's suggesting that you tell the cashier to purposely misring the game. Heck, one might as well go to the counter and say. "I really want this $50 game. Please ring it in as $5.

This deal is lame.

Hey Basketkase543, is that squirrel from UCLA? I went to school there, so many fond memories of that squirrel trying to steal my lunch.

When you ring up at Circuit City,any kind of deal where its 2 for 1 or buy 1 monster cable get 2 free, stuff like that, you have to choose the promotion package,which in most cases is #2(#1 just being a regular ring up)

[quote name='spyhunterk19'][quote name='guessed'][quote name='spyhunterk19']"If this post was true, then this guy will be worth listening to in the future"

What I got from it, reading the OP, was that their is a package one (default) that does 2 for 30, wheras their is a secret "Package 2" that gets 2 for 10....thats what i call a scam.[/quote]
Well, I'm assuming there is a price glitch for the 2 for $30 regarding Platinum Hits games. So, if you buy two platinum hits games it may come out to $10 without having to scam the employee, but I doubt it.

[quote name='ofacto']This deal is lame.

Hey Basketkase543, is that squirrel from UCLA? I went to school there, so many fond memories of that squirrel trying to steal my lunch.[/quote]

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
GOOD JOB! I wasn't sure if anyone would actually notice the area. Yeah, i'm finally graduating next week :D

I took the pic in the eating area between Cambell Hall and Rolfe. Those squirrels are all over the place. How long ago did you go to school there?

That makes sense. It's applying the package deal (2 for 30) saving to a single game, which is likely set to 15, so it takes of 10.

Why they'd have the games set to 15, and have a package deal set doesn't make sense (maybe they have old stock and want to make sure to cut down on manual overrides).

I work at CC and package number 2 is when we have a promo package options come up before you can even ring the item up. Package 1 is usually just selling the item as is and package 2 is when you are ringing up a promotion. I don't work until tomorrow morning so I can't confirm until then.

I don't post enough to be considered a regular, but I've got a bit of a post count behind me. This deal is legit, but YMMV. I went to CC here in Spfd, MO, and brought up two PS2 greatest hits to the register. At first the guy rang them up without using any sort of coupon button, and they were full price ($20 each). I said I thought they were supposed to be on sale, so he deleted each item, and rang them in again using some sort of coupon button (I didn't tell him to push anything). They both rang up at $5 each. Apparently this had happened before this morning, and they had to get a manager over to price override the games UP to the $15 each they were supposed to be.

So, the deal is legit, but I got screwed in that both cashiers (only 2 cashier stations in the whole store!) knew they were supposed to be $15 each and wouldn't sell them for cheaper. I didn't feel like hassling the manager to honor the $5 each, so I left. I don't need to be spending the money anyway.

[quote name='AdamTrusty']When you ring up at Circuit City,any kind of deal where its 2 for 1 or buy 1 monster cable get 2 free, stuff like that, you have to choose the promotion package,which in most cases is #2(#1 just being a regular ring up)[/quote]

Another one...? :?

[quote name='scsg75'][quote name='AzN_BaLLeR'][quote name='scsg75']well, even if it's true, if I have to tell the cashier to push a specific button to get it cheaper, I'll pass, my CC already loathes me from all the other sales and price checks I've done, so I don't feel like making more of an ass out of myself. I don't need any games anyway.[/quote]

Hahaha, agreed. CC's are a bunch of pricks when it comes to price matching.[/quote]

Seriously, there is this one lady, a manager type, who works the front who is always super cold to me whenever I go in there, she remembers me from the $5 sale last summer and my price checking madness (when I brought like every game in the store up to the front to be price scanned to see if it was on sale). She barely even says hi to me when she rings me up, if I had to tell her to push a specific button to get it cheaper, she'd probably clock me in my face. She scares me.[/quote]

Holy crap, my CC is the complete opposite. The workers there will seriously pricematch anything. This is why I become excited when people post online ads stating that games are only $4.99. Heck, my CC even pricematches online ads when it clearly says that the game is sold out.

[quote name='dutch72']Looks like I just got saved a trip[/quote]

Heh. I probably will drop by there again later on in the week just in case. If they don't fix this glitch by then, perhaps another cashier will run it on through without questioning the price.

The actual deal supposedly goes something like this: CC has Greatest Hits-Platinum Hits-or Players Choice for 2 for $30....."Save $15 instantly when you buy any 2 advertised video games ($29.99 and up)."

Avertised Games:

PS2-
Ace Combat 04
Grand Theft Auto Vice City
NBA Street 2
Rise of Honor
Jak 2
Midnight Club II
Simpsons Hit and Run
Need for Speed Underground

Xbox-
Star Wars: Nights of the Old Republic
True Crime: Streets of LA
Medal of Honor: Frontline
Midnight Club II
Counter Strike

Gamecube-
Zelda: Windwalker
Super Mario Sunshine
Animal Crossing
Luigi's Manison
Finding Nemo

[quote name='whydoihavetoregister']Go into your local CC and pick up any Players Choice or Greatest hits game and have the tard there ring it up using package #2 (The one for Platinum hits, etc.). They will all ring up for 5$, not $15 like they are supposed to!!

Have fun![/quote]

EDIT:i took that link out... some people might have epilipsy browsing the site... that would such ~stealthyseal

[quote name='pimp tyranny']i doubt it, this is a video game site. if you get seizures, you probably don't play video games.[/quote]

Or it could be someone that buys video games for cheap and then sells them on ebay for some quick cash.

bread's done
Back