*DEAD* Circuit City mistake - 5 dollar games!! (YMMV)

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='waxHead']Thank you for posting about the GBA games. I went back and picked up some for myself, as well as some X-Mas gifts.[/quote]

What games did you get if you don't mind me asking? I just want to know what GBA games will ring up $5 besides the NES classics.[/quote]

I only picked up NES classic games, though I did see both Advance Wars 2 and Golden Sun: Lost Age listed at $19.99. Would've picked those up, but I already own both.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']And the wrath of CAgers skepticism at a noob posting a deal.[/quote]

Man, those first 10 pages were utter mayhem on the OP. Sure he wasn't exactly clear or that precise, but some regs here think they are cool or righteous by mocking somebody who is new. I bet now they appreciate him entirely for posting this deal. I sure am. I really wanted these games, but not enough to spend 20 dollars on a piece.

the deal worked for me. i got MOH: Frontline and AceCombat 4 GH for $10 total.
and then i went up again for kingdom hearts and ffx-2 but they rang up $10 each. i still bought it anyways cause ive been planning on getting them.

So, did everybody get all that they wanted from the sale? Since really, it's basically over for a lot of places (places here are locking down on it).

I saw a copy of GTA: VC I regret not picking up: Drakengard, and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 as well. I would have picked those up but I decided against it to leave it for others to choose.

I also wanted to get Sonic Adventure DX, but it was 14.99 in the register, not 4.99, so I put it back.

The Mesquite CC had a pretty weak GCN section, PS2's was decent, but I really wanted ATV Offroad Fury 1, I love the sequel and got it there, but the first one just brings back more memories of playing it with my friends, so, it has a bit of nostalgia value on it. I know it's like 6 dollars PO, but still, I wouldn't mind paying 5 dollars for a new copy.

[quote name='waxHead'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='waxHead']Thank you for posting about the GBA games. I went back and picked up some for myself, as well as some X-Mas gifts.[/quote]

What games did you get if you don't mind me asking? I just want to know what GBA games will ring up $5 besides the NES classics.[/quote]

I only picked up NES classic games, though I did see both Advance Wars 2 and Golden Sun: Lost Age listed at $19.99. Would've picked those up, but I already own both.[/quote]

Man this thing keeps getting better and better. When I was at my CC yesterday (before I logged on to CAG and new about this deal) I had seen Advance Wars 2. I've been really wanting that game.

[quote name='Skylander7'][quote name='zman73']no luck in Mobile AL... oh well, not like i dont have hundreds of games anyway (3 from BB came in today, plus I picked up Onimusha 3 from CC, as well as scored some free guides from EB...so all is not lost :roll: )[/quote]

You know, I'm wondering if the District/Area Manager for the Alabama CC's is a complete asshole. All of the CC's in Alabama are really anal retentive about any kind or price matching, clearance sales, etc. Getting a price match @ CC here is a damned near impossibility.[/quote]

They were practically throwing $4.99 games at me up here in Anniston, AL. They let me get as many as I wanted. But I went back today, and they shut me down. It was an entirely different shift of people though. I'm hoping that when I go back tonight, the cool shift will be back. And no, I'm not being greedy or hording games. I'm actually just getting one game for me, one for my bro, and some for a fellow CAG.

++Edit+++

I misspelled "hording"... I put "horing"... :roll:

Still alive at the Salisbury MD CC.

I Got
Gamecube:
Simpsons Hit and Run (and it was marked $39.99, but it had an X Box Price Sticker on it and the cashier scanned it and it rung up $19.99)
Sonic Mega Collection
FZero GX

PS2:
Jet Li Rise to Honor
Need For Speed Underground
SOCOM US Navy Seals 2

[quote name='Nephets']So, did everybody get all that they wanted from the sale? Since really, it's basically over for a lot of places (places here are locking down on it).

I saw a copy of GTA: VC I regret not picking up: Drakengard, and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 as well. I would have picked those up but I decided against it to leave it for others to choose.

I also wanted to get Sonic Adventure DX, but it was 14.99 in the register, not 4.99, so I put it back.

The Mesquite CC had a pretty weak GCN section, PS2's was decent, but I really wanted ATV Offroad Fury 1, I love the sequel and got it there, but the first one just brings back more memories of playing it with my friends, so, it has a bit of nostalgia value on it. I know it's like 6 dollars PO, but still, I wouldn't mind paying 5 dollars for a new copy.[/quote]

I don't think you would have gotten Drakengard since many reports say that it is not working because it is actually 19.96 instead of 19.99.

[quote name='Nephets']So, did everybody get all that they wanted from the sale? Since really, it's basically over for a lot of places (places here are locking down on it).

The Mesquite CC had a pretty weak GCN section, PS2's was decent, but I really wanted ATV Offroad Fury 1, I love the sequel and got it there, but the first one just brings back more memories of playing it with my friends, so, it has a bit of nostalgia value on it. I know it's like 6 dollars PO, but still, I wouldn't mind paying 5 dollars for a new copy.[/quote]

Don't feel too bad, Drakengard won't work because it's $19.96. (That's what I've heard anyways.)

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='Nephets']So, did everybody get all that they wanted from the sale? Since really, it's basically over for a lot of places (places here are locking down on it).

I don't would have gotten Drakengard since many reports say that it is not working because it is actually 19.96 instead of 19.99.[/quote]

You should be like, "Just go ahead and ring it up as $19.99. I'm feeling rich tonight." :)

[quote name='btw1217'][quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='Nephets']So, did everybody get all that they wanted from the sale? Since really, it's basically over for a lot of places (places here are locking down on it).

I don't would have gotten Drakengard since many reports say that it is not working because it is actually 19.96 instead of 19.99.[/quote]

You should be like, "Just go ahead and ring it up as $19.99. I'm feeling rich tonight." :)[/quote]

:lol:

But thank you Trakan and hiccupleftovers for the clarification on Drakengard.

It's on at the Matteson, IL CC.

I got:

Mario Golf
Animal Crossing
Lord of the Rings:Two Towers
Medal of Honor: Frontline

There was a tense moment when the cashier rung me up and stared at the screen like "This can't be right." She asked a co-worker who said "I know some have been ringing up for less. Just go ahead." *whew!*

Thanks OP!

[quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='CrashSpyro123']The Tempe/Mesa CC on Southern near the Fiesta Mall was still doing it with no sign of hostility towards the "glitch." I picked up BG:DA and NBA Street 2 to test it and I'm going to head back to get a couple more.[/quote]

Glad to see that he who broke the original CC $5 sale gets in on this one as well.[/quote]

Yeah, now it's time to head back and grab some more. I only have enough money for 4 more, so I'll make it count. Too bad a lot of my games are GH's or PC's now, but I'll find some. I just hate how they're so unorganized in their game section, I believe that's a coast-to-coast thing though.[/quote]

The deal's over at this CC, too. I brought up MG:TT, COI, Rise to Honor, and some other game. The guy was nice enough to make all of them 2 for $30, even though only two qualified. They all came up $19.99 except for RtH, and he overrode them to $14.99 each, but I didn't have the money. I just told him I thought they'd be cheaper and didn't have the money and thank him anyway.

I'm not mad since I did get the other two even when I thought it wouldn't go through. It did give me a reason to get some gas since it has dropped $.17 since I last filled up before Thanksgiving. I do wish I would've grabbed another game or two to try, but I'm thankful that I got what I did since I have enough games to play anyway. Congrats to those of you that could do it twice.

[quote name='Nephets']I saw a copy of GTA: VC I regret not picking up: Drakengard, and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 as well. I would have picked those up but I decided against it to leave it for others to choose.[/quote]

Drakengard is $19.96 -- it wouldn't have worked anyway.

Edit: beaten by quite a few people. Maybe I should present this to my boss as evidence that I actually was working for a few minutes? Probably not.

[quote name='Nephets'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']Every time I come back to this thread it seems as though it explodes with another 10 pages.[/quote]

Yep. It's almost moving as fast as the first 4.99 CC thread.[/quote]

Just this deal isn't nearly as good. Any PH/GH/PC title that I coulda thought of I couldnt find, with the exception of Mario Golf and Crimson Skies, both of which I had wanted for a while.

[quote name='eljefe']A friend and I went to CC this morning to hopefully take advantage of this deal in Fort Worth, TX. No luck. They scanned the games and then looked at each other for a second and then went to talk to a manager. One of my friends games rung up at $0. We asked them how much they would be, but they were like they are 2 for 30 like our ad says; we just have to override the price. So we just said "oh thought they were cheaper" and walked out.

Congrats to everyone who got in on the deal.[/quote]

Hey man, which CC did you go to?

I have family in Ft. Worth and am down there about every other weekend. I usually go shopping around the Hulen and Ridgmar area to find most my deals when I'm down there.

This deal is rad.

Picked up 4 the first time:

GC- Mario Golf, Luigi's Mansion, Super Monkey Ball
PS2: Ratchet and Clank 2

And 4 More 5 minutes later:

PS2: Lord of The Rings 2, and 3 that weren't greatest hits!! (Castlevania, Midway Treasures 2, and ESPN NBA 2K5).

The clerks just said what a gerat deal it was. Amazing!

Medford, OR

it is true i work for cc and yesterday and part of today all and i mean all (ie epsn titles included) 19.99 titles for consoles only were ringing up at 4.99 each. but like it was said in a prevous post it had to be an even number of games. but now they fixed the price and will not sale em for 4.99 a piece and the the package which is listed number two on the screen will ring em up at the correct price by tomorrow when cc opens

[quote name='help1']wait, so is this deal still working?[/quote]

I think consensus is that YMMV. The games are still ringing up at $4.99 but many stores are having the prices changed manually by managers. I guess it depends how up to date the staff at your CC is.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='help1']wait, so is this deal still working?[/quote]

#-o[/quote]

Sorry but I kept up with the topic till page 13, now its at 43.... no way im reading all that crap

[quote name='pfunkpearl']fastest growing cag thread ever?[/quote]

Nope, I don't think so. I think last winter's CC thread may have grown faster.

[quote name='pfunkpearl']fastest growing cag thread ever?[/quote]

Nope I say last summer's sale went faster. that or the TRu 50% off sale. That behemoth got to 70 pages in three days.

thx OP... got in on one each of the games i wanted... later to be stopped by a manager RIGHT after i found out that GBA games are included in the "sale" SUCCESS!

[quote name='Nephets']Am I the only one that's hitting reload every few seconds on this topic to see how big it'll grow? :shock:[/quote]

Nope, I am doing the same and have been doing this for a while now, even while in class.

[quote name='help1'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='help1']wait, so is this deal still working?[/quote]

#-o[/quote]

Sorry but I kept up with the topic till page 13, now its at 43.... no way im reading all that crap[/quote]

Yeah, but even if you read the last few pages you would have found your answer. It's all good.

Anyone who can pick up some NES GBA Classic titles. I will pay the price + tax + shipping + a little extra. PM me your titles...Help a girl out :)

Massachusetts CAG's just a heads up. The deal is alive and well in the CC at Burlington. No mess, no fuss. Okay selection remaining.

no dice in beavercreek although radjago reported that he scored some games

i tried two cashiers....one said it was 2 for 30 ..when she hit that promo button she just read off the price to me saying it would be 30

the other cashier told me the sale was only for the games shown in the ad..sucks..

only wanted sly cooper and ratchet and clank

I tried arguing with the manager at the Atlantic Center Circuit City in Brooklyn, but he wouldn't sell them to me. I wanted like 12 games too. It's ok though, when they have another $5 clearance sale I'll be laughing back at the manager when I end up getting most of them for $5 anyway.

[quote name='Togepy']I tried arguing with the manager at the Atlantic Center Circuit City in Brooklyn, but he wouldn't sell them to me. I wanted like 12 games too. It's ok though, when they have another $5 clearance sale I'll be laughing back at the manager when I end up getting most of them for $5 anyway.[/quote]

Why would you be laughing at the manager? A $5 clearance sale is legitimate, where this sale is simply a glitch.

so for any columbus ohio CAG's, the one on sawmill rd is golden. no one cares, at first they were ringing up my games and they said that it was the 2 for 30 promo but then the clerk said my total and it was only 31 so i hit the jackpot. I am going to check easton but i doubt that one is still active. also both golden sun and advance wars 2 are ringing up as 4.99 at least here in columbus. enjoy it while it lasts

Well, I got back from my Circuit City a few hours ago. I wanted Jak II and Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando so badly. They didn't even have Jak II in stock, so I picked up a copy of Vice City instead. Unfortunately, like wubb mentioned a couple of dozen pages back, the Fairfax VA location is very much on top of things. The cashier manually adjusted the price from $5 to $15. Sad for me, but I can't really complain, since it'll take me forever just to open the unplayed games in my collection, much less play them.

Congrats to any CAG who managed to score a few cheap games from this glitch! And remember to thank the OP! :wink:

[quote name='heffaji'][quote name='Togepy']I tried arguing with the manager at the Atlantic Center Circuit City in Brooklyn, but he wouldn't sell them to me. I wanted like 12 games too. It's ok though, when they have another $5 clearance sale I'll be laughing back at the manager when I end up getting most of them for $5 anyway.[/quote]

Why would you be laughing at the manager? A $5 clearance sale is legitimate, where this sale is simply a glitch.[/quote]

He's saying the games he could have got today will most likely be part of the next official $5 sale.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='heffaji'][quote name='Togepy']I tried arguing with the manager at the Atlantic Center Circuit City in Brooklyn, but he wouldn't sell them to me. I wanted like 12 games too. It's ok though, when they have another $5 clearance sale I'll be laughing back at the manager when I end up getting most of them for $5 anyway.[/quote]

Why would you be laughing at the manager? A $5 clearance sale is legitimate, where this sale is simply a glitch.[/quote]

He's saying the games he could have got today will most likely be part of the next official $5 sale.[/quote]

I suppose, but the point still remains that they would be putting the games on sale rather then accidently selling so low during a season when people buy so much.

Well, about 15 pages, back I list my failure :(..but it's not bad since I was here for last year's 5 sale, this years BB 5 sale, and a few others that there were only a few that I did not already have. Im just debating if i should keep kingdom hearts and animal crossing at 15 though.

[quote name='heffaji'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='heffaji'][quote name='Togepy']I tried arguing with the manager at the Atlantic Center Circuit City in Brooklyn, but he wouldn't sell them to me. I wanted like 12 games too. It's ok though, when they have another $5 clearance sale I'll be laughing back at the manager when I end up getting most of them for $5 anyway.[/quote]

He's saying the games he could have got today will most likely be part of the next official $5 sale.[/quote]

I suppose, but the point still remains that they would be putting the games on sale rather then accidently selling so low during a season when people buy so much.[/quote]

Just to show the manager that I ended up getting the games for that price anyway. I was just being sarcastic, I won't even bother doing that let alone remember.

[quote name='Togepy'][quote name='heffaji'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='heffaji'][quote name='Togepy']I tried arguing with the manager at the Atlantic Center Circuit City in Brooklyn, but he wouldn't sell them to me. I wanted like 12 games too. It's ok though, when they have another $5 clearance sale I'll be laughing back at the manager when I end up getting most of them for $5 anyway.[/quote]

I suppose, but the point still remains that they would be putting the games on sale rather then accidently selling so low during a season when people buy so much.[/quote]

Just to show the manager that I ended up getting the games for that price anyway. I was just being sarcastic, I won't even bother doing that let alone remember.[/quote]

Ok, that's cool.

we got an email at work from CC corproate today stating the error and that it will be fixed by the start of buisness tomorrow. it is true but employees are instructed to do a price change.

We need a new term in our language . . . YLMV . . . Your Luck May Vary . . . this glitch would be a perfect example.

In the afternoon, I got shut out (it worked last night) then someone says they did it successfully at the same store 3 hours later.

The key factor right now (until they fix the computer) is your luck at the register.

Agent Nipsey reporting from the GA location (Duluth)

Mine is an interesting tale...

I get there, no PH/PC titles worth the trouble of buying...I ended up finding:

Jak II
WWE Smackdown: HCTP
Splinter Cell
Hot Shots Golf 3
THUG
Sly Cooper 1

I get to the register and play it cool, hoping it still would work... the cashier misentered something and Jak II rang up full price, the other 5 rang at $4.99. So I said take out Jak II. She had to restart the entire purchase again and they all rang at $5 and I said see if Jak II would do it, and it did. She then says $21, but looks amt the screen and then at me. I say I was here last night so it's cool. The doorman (there last night) vouched for me as I said hello. She then proceeds to take my credit card and ID and rings me up. I leave the store and realize something. The reciept shows only FOUR of the games, and not the SIX that I bought (the other two showed up as PROMO - no charge), but they were all in the bag. So, at least for me, I scored 6 for $20.

Wait, it gets worse. My CD that I bought last night would not play, so I went back to exchange the music CD. The same cashier sees me and says she hopes I'm not going to buy anymore games because they were aware now. She says SOMEONE came in right after me and attempted to buy FIFTY GH/PC/PH... :shock: FIVE-ZERO... As soon as the total was $250 instead of the $750, she knew something had to be wrong. The guy said 'hey, it's supposed to work, it's a glitch; that's what everyone on *WAIT FOR IT* FatWallet says. You just ring any 2 of those titles and it's 2 for $10.' Talk about not knowing when to shut the fuck up... but that's him and I'm me and I still have my 6, so thanks CC!!! :lol:

bread's done
Back