[DEAD] Daily Deal 25-50% off select titles @Gamestop First 1,000 Customers

DemonsMaster

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
UPDATE: Disregard the rest of the post about 25PRE, it appears the code is now invalid. 25DEAL still works, however

Sale items include Bioshock 2(360 Only) @ 24.99 and Uncharted 2 @ 39.99

These new prices also stack with other coupons like 25DEAL for purchases of $100 or more

Edit on shipping - For Free value shipping use code SAVER. This DOES stack with 25DEAL

Also, here's the link to all discounted titles - Thanks killer9
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=858

For those too lazy to go to the website, Jackie Chandler compiled this easy to read list for us! Enjoy. (All prices are before coupons)

Prices on NEW Games

:wii: Wario Land: Shake It- $15
:psp: Phantasy Star Portable- $20
:ps3: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves- $40
:360: Dante's Inferno- $35
:ps3: Dante's Inferno: Divine Edition- $35
:360: Madden NFL '10- $35
:360: Bioshock 2- $25
:pc: Bioshock 2- $20
:360: Mass Effect 2- $40
:ps3: MAG- $30
:wii: Tatsunoko vs. Capcom- $30
:pc: Supreme Commander 2- $20
:ds: Glory of Heracles- $10
:ds: America's Test Kitchen: Let's Get Cooking- $10
:wii: Cabela's Monster Buck Hunter with Gun- $30

Prices on USED Games (It Appears now that a large # of these are OOS, I'm checking them all personally now to see which ones are still available)
Update - Checking again at 12:40AM PST which used copies are in stock

:ps3: God of War III- $30 (Currently Out of Stock)
:wii: Wario Land: Shake It- $10 (Currently Out of Stock)
:psp: Phantasy Star Portable- $15
:ps3: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves- $35
:360: Dante's Inferno- $30
:ps3: Dante's Inferno: Divine Edition- $30 (Currently Out of Stock)
:360: Madden NFL '10- $30
:360: Bioshock 2- $20 (Currently Out of Stock)
:pc: Bioshock 2- Not sold Used
:360: Mass Effect 2- $45 (more expensive than New)
:ps3: MAG- $25 (Currently Out of Stock)
:wii: Tatsunoko vs. Capcom- $25 (Currently OOS)
:pc: Supreme Commander 2- Not sold Used
:ds: Glory of Heracles- $9 (Currently OOS)
:ds: America's Test Kitchen: Let's Get Cooking- $9 (Currently OOS)
:wii: Cabela's Monster Buck Hunter with Gun- Not sold Used

I personally went ahead and picked up Bioshock 2 (Used) and Little Big Planet:GOTY (Used, been waiting all day for it to-restock and figured I'd pick it up since its finally in stock) for $33 (EDGE Credit woot!) with tax and free shipping (WA State tax is ridiculous). Stacked 25PRE with EDGE as well as the SAVER coupons. One of the best deals I've had on Gamestop lately, my previous used purchases from Gamestop have all come complete with manual/original case even though the website didn't guarentee it, hopefully this is the same case with these games but who knows. Happy shopping CAGs!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sotc1988']Picked up GOW III. Too bad I couldn't use any coupons but I'm liking this "wait a month, get a game for more than $20 off."[/QUOTE]

Yea. MW2 is the only game I bought launch day in the past two years or so. And even then, I had it ordered through Walmart with $20 credit, so I only paid $37 after cash back and returning my Walmart copy @ BB.

Despite the $10 price increase this gen ($50 -> $60), the games are still priced well during sales.

BioShock 2, God of War III, MAG for about $23 each after $20 off $80 code. GameStop is bringing it lately.

Any suggestions for finding good squad leaders on MAG who actually communicate tactics, not racial slurs?

[quote name='rawrker']Are you using 25Pre or any other coupon? $10/$20coupons only stacks with edge and cag16. The people getting 25pre to work are only using it with edge.[/QUOTE]
I'm only using a coupon code I had since I purchased Darkstalkers a while ago. The coupon doesn't expire until 4/2012 either, so it's wierd.

Had to get in on this. GoWIII, 3D Dot, BioShock 2 and College Basketball 2K6 to bring me to $100. Then 25% off and free shipping. Great deal.

Nice! I guess I take back the bitching I was doing about the $10 codes being useless. Bioshock 2 new for $16.25 shipped. Nice!
I did get Saver to stack with the $10 code giving me free shipping.

It took a long time to get the $10 coupon code to work with GoW3, but now the free value shipping isn't working. This is getting annoying.

EDIT: After repeatedly trying, I finally got the $10 + free value shipping to work. GoW3 $27.18 shipped.

[quote name='lllGurulll']Why the hell is GOWIII dropping so fast? Did this game not live up to the hype?[/QUOTE]

Nope, it is pretty awesome. Perhaps sales aren't as lofty as expected? My guess would be that they produced a huge amount of copies, and demand for the game hasn't been epic-- just good.

[quote name='lllGurulll']Why the hell is GOWIII dropping so fast? Did this game not live up to the hype?[/QUOTE]

It sold very well, I think they're just trying to get as many sales as possible before Red Dead Redemption comes out because it will be the new "must buy" game

I'm not entirely sure but I think that since it sold well during its first month out, Sony wants the price dropped to keep the momentum going. You know, so it can still sell a lot of units while its fresh in the market.

EDIT: Wow 3 people answered in 3 mins. :)

[quote name='illennium']I ordered Glory of Heracles at $14.99 a few days ago, emailed GameStop, and promptly got a $5 credit to my card. Awesome service.[/QUOTE]

What the hell is up with gamestop.....they were never like this before. It almost makes me wonder if there was some big corporate meeting where they decided that the future was customer service and sales or something....

[quote name='MSI Magus']What the hell is up with gamestop.....they were never like this before. It almost makes me wonder if there was some big corporate meeting where they decided that the future was customer service and sales or something....[/QUOTE]

I know right. When I ordered Heavy Rain and GOW Collection last month, and the price dropped again right after it shipped I emailed their customer support about it. A few hours later I was sent a refund, plus 2 EXTRA $10 off codes for my trouble. They are surprising the hell out of me lately.

[quote name='MSI Magus']What the hell is up with gamestop.....they were never like this before. It almost makes me wonder if there was some big corporate meeting where they decided that the future was customer service and sales or something....[/QUOTE]

I'm not questioning it, just happy they're turning away from they're idiocy for atleast a little while.

[quote name='lllGurulll']How in the hell is everyone getting 25PRE to work on non preordered games?
I can't get any 25% codes to work[/QUOTE]

25PRE - Receive 25% off all in-stock pre-owned games. Expires 5-13. May not be combined with other offers.

20OFF80 - $20 off any order of in-stock merchandise totaling $80 or more. Online only. Not valid on consoles, hard drives, bundles, gift cards and select titles. May not be combined with other offers. Offer subject to change.

25DEAL - 25% off any order of in-stock merchandise, $100 or more. Online only. Not valid on consoles, hard drives, bundles, gift cards and select titles. May not be combined with other offers. Offer subject to change. - Mass Effect 2

[quote name='lllGurulll']oh well. Guess I won't be biting this round as I don't need the necessary 3 games to get to the $100 mark just to get 25% off.[/QUOTE]

If you buy USED you can get 25% off and it stacks with EDGE as well for an extra 10% without having to have your cart total $100. Sadly a lot of the USED titles during the sale are OOS :cry:

[quote name='DemonsMaster']If you buy USED you can get 25% off and it stacks with EDGE as well for an extra 10% without having to have your cart total $100. Sadly a lot of the USED titles during the sale are OOS :cry:[/QUOTE]

That is my problem. The only games I was willing to buy are OOS used. My edge expired so getting max % is even more important to me now.

I'm considering getting all 3 Shadow hearts games plus Dante's Inferno for $68.46 before tax.

But at this rate, I'll never get around to the Shadow Hearts games (and they probably won't be complete anyway, so they won't be that good just for collection purposes either), and I can't imagine 34.99 will be the best deal we see on Dante's Inferno. I figure it's destined to be cheaper than that pretty soon.

Went with GoW3, Bioshock 2, 3D Dot Game Heroes. Total came just shy of $100 so added The Darkness. With deals it came to $86 total, pretty pleased.

I was able to get GOW3, Bioshock 2, and GTA4 Episodes (all PS3, used), with 25PRE and Edge, for $64.78 + $2.99 S&H + $5.59 tax = $73.36. Not bad at all.

[quote name='FFBlitzace']I'm considering getting all 3 Shadow hearts games plus Dante's Inferno for $68.46 before tax.

But at this rate, I'll never get around to the Shadow Hearts games (and they probably won't be complete anyway, so they won't be that good just for collection purposes either), and I can't imagine 34.99 will be the best deal we see on Dante's Inferno. I figure it's destined to be cheaper than that pretty soon.[/QUOTE]

You should definitely buy Shadow Hearts, but not from GameStop. Get it from Ebay imo, could be cheaper and you can see if it's complete or not unlike GameStop where it's probably completely gutted.

I just can't bite for some reason. I have GOW3, SMT: Strange Journey, and Deadly Premonition in my cart for about 70 bucks shipped. I just can't do it though.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']My $10 off code isn't working on anything. Way to go GameStop.[/QUOTE]
I had that problem earlier as well. After about an hour of not messing with the site, the code magically worked once again.

[quote name='FFBlitzace']I'm considering getting all 3 Shadow hearts games plus Dante's Inferno for $68.46 before tax.

But at this rate, I'll never get around to the Shadow Hearts games (and they probably won't be complete anyway, so they won't be that good just for collection purposes either), and I can't imagine 34.99 will be the best deal we see on Dante's Inferno. I figure it's destined to be cheaper than that pretty soon.[/QUOTE]

Dante's Inferno was $25 a month ago on EA website.

I got Skate 3 and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom for $70 shipped using 20off80 and saver. Was there a better combo of coupons that I could have gotten a better deal?

Lame... figured I'd grab myself a copy of GoW3 with my $10 coupon code. But alas, I bought a copy already for my friend last week so I could get 25% off, and it's limit 1 per household. Then the coupon code doesn't work on other accounts. Figures.

These deals at Gamestop.com are great, but I was wondering if any of you noticed that many of the discs that come from their online site look like they were damaged previously then repaired. I never had a problem with any PS3 blu-ray disc until I bought Modern Warfare 2 from Gamestop.com. It looked like someone tried buffing out the scratches!!!! A no no for blu-rays. It was the first time I saw a ring of death on a blu-ray. It froze on special ops. Luckily they have the 30 day return policy so I switched the discs from a B&M store. I got another disc COD World at War that was cracked which I haven't tested. The crack was from the inner ring area but it just missed the data area.

Just wondering if anyone else had some similar experiences.

Oh and also I was wondering if any previous orders were canceled. I noticed a pattern. "Pending" usually means your shipment is OK. "Verifying" means there is a problem or a red flag on your account. Could be the other way around.

Any input?

Edit: Also I just noticed that Gamstop.com changed the limits to one game per household. I was able to get two of each PS3 and Wii title, the extra for future gifts. The status says "verifying"..... how likely will this order be canceled? Also I know from previous experiences when they canceled a game that has a household limit you are not able to attempt to purchase the game unless you use another shipping address... I hope my order doesn't get canceled or at least they could edit it and at least ship out one copy of each game...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eth3real']Bit on GoWIII, 3D Dot Heroes, MAG with 25 of 100. Would've liked to get a couple of them used, but still a pretty good deal as is.[/QUOTE]

Same for me.. I was planning on getting 3D Dot Game Heroes anyway, so I might was well get a couple more games.. I keep reading mixed things about MAG, but it wont hurt anything to try it.

ordered uncharted 2, god of war 3, and dante's inferno for my ps3 which came out to $89.69 (25DEAL + SAVER). good thing i returned some items at fry's that i had no use for. thanks a lot OP!

[quote name='MrBeatdown']My $10 off code isn't working on anything. Way to go GameStop.[/QUOTE]

After two hours of fucking with the damn thing, I finally got the code working. I managed to get SAVER to work too.

MAG (new) - $19.99 shipped

:drool:

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']Just bought MAG for $29.99 with a $10 GC I have. Even with the $2.99 shipping and tax, $24.36 was an auto-buy![/QUOTE]

Update- I forgot about the SAVER code (which does work for free shipping- Value does not), and e-mailed Gamestop to have them apply it to my order. I'll update everyone on what they do.

Just got 360 Bioshock 2 (new) for $5.40 shipped! (Had a $20 credit from when they cancelled the $80 God of War III ultimate edition I tried to buy last month).

really tempted to bite on MAG. that's one of the worst games to add to the backlog though, uuugggghhhh.

I tried ordering another copy of bioshock 2 but it won't let me. I ordered a copy when it was $33 last month and for some reason it keeps telling me I am over my limit... wth?

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I tried ordering another copy of bioshock 2 but it won't let me. I ordered a copy when it was $33 last month and for some reason it keeps telling me I am over my limit... wth?[/QUOTE]

The limit is 1 per household. You've already bought one in the past, so you can't buy more of the same game. What's confusing? :)

bread's done
Back