(DEAD) DDD 20% OFF SALE IS ON now until June 17th

starman9000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
85 (100%)
The sale is on. DVDTALK works

Info from DDD's Dave at dvdtalk:
The 20% coupon excludes preorders, but applies to all DVDs, HDDVDs, Blu-Rays, UMDs, Posters, Storage Accessories and the new Puzzles and Board Games cateogries.

Your discount will show in your shopping cart and on your order history screen as a total promotional discount amount and will not be reflected on the line item basis.

The 20% coupons do not apply to Books, CDs, Electronics or Video Games.

However, we have discounted nearly 150,000 books and 15,000 CDs an additional 20% off for this sale. Those titles are marked with a "Mega Sale" logo and the price shown on the site is the discounted price--no coupon is necessary to get the discount on the titles marked with a "Mega Sale" logo. All of these titles will appear on the site on June 1 and there will be rooms for you to sort through the Book and CD titles on sale.

www.deepdiscount.com

Also here are past codes that may work this time around too:

DVDTALK
USATODAY
NYTIMES
SUPERSALE
DVDPRICESEARCH
SUMMERSALE
YAHOO
ESPN
LATIMES
XM
SOUTHSIDE
WGN
WCKG

[quote name='dafunkk12']
Penny Arcade 2: Epic Legends of the Magic Sword Kings $7.40
Penny Arcade 3: The Warsun Prophecies $7.40
Penny Arcade 1: Attack of the Bacon Robots $8.08
[/QUOTE]

Heads up the fourth volume just came out.

Just placed a final order:

Deadwood - The Complete Third Season - $55.38 ($46.15)

Downfall - $9.49 ($7.91)

Office: Season One and Season Two - $43.92 ($36.60)

Witch Hunter Robin Complete Collection - $26.36 ($21.92)

National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon/Senior Trip - $7.40 ($6.17)

Hot Shots! - $7.23 ($6.03)

[quote name='defiance_17']That's one helluva break-down, impulse buy. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Been meaning to buy it since the November sale.

Sopranos - Season 6: Part 1 - $54.88 ($43.90)

Dune [HD DVD] - $21.95 ($17.56)

Excalibur [HD DVD] - $19.32 ($15.46)

Had to go with a small order after all the other DVD deals I've jumped on lately. 12 Godzilla DVDs for ~$110 was really tempting though.

moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
1st Order:
HOME IMPROVEMENT-2ND SEASON $ 15.51
SCRUBS-5TH SEASON $ 22.31
KITCHEN CONFIDENTIAL-FULL S $ 17.49
COSBY SHOW-1ST SEASON, THE $ 9.75
COSBY SHOW-2ND SEASON, THE $ 12.19
SAMURAI JACK-3RD SEASON $ 17.22
TEX AVERY'S DROOPY-COMPLETE $ 15.02
TEEN TITANS-3RD SEASON $ 10.59

Merchandise Total: $ 120.08

2nd Order
THE COMPLETE FAR SIDE $ 53.54
THE COMPLETE CALVIN AND HOBBES $ 59.34
MYTHBUSTERS-1ST COLLECTION $ 16.07
DEADLIEST CATCH-1ST SEASON $ 16.07
TRUE GRIT (SE/WS) $ 11.03
RIO BRAVO (SE) $ 10.81
COWBOYS (DELUXE EDITION), T $ 10.70

Merchandise Total: $ 177.56

3rd order:
TENDER MERCIES $ 4.82
SEINFELD-8TH SEASON $ 25.91
COSBY SHOW-3RD SEASON $ 12.19
COSBY SHOW-4TH SEASON $ 12.20
MOONLIGHTING SEASONS 1 & 2 $ 17.49

Merchandise Total: $ 72.61

4th and last order
RESCUE ME-3RD SEASON $ 23.91
WELCOME BACK KOTTER-1ST SEASON $ 17.22

Merchandise Total: $ 41.13

For a whopping grand total of $411.38

I just opened taken from my order I received last week & it has no dvds inside only cd-r's by verbatim I'm so angry gotta wait till tomorrow to call deepdiscount hope I can get a rushed exchange for a set with dvds.

[quote name='kingryan18']I just opened taken from my order I received last week & it has no dvds inside only cd-r's by verbatim I'm so angry gotta wait till tomorrow to call deepdiscount hope I can get a rushed exchange for a set with dvds.[/QUOTE]

That's just wrong. It kind of makes me wonder where does DDD get their discs from?

Anyone have any good suggestion for any quirky/weird movies? Particularly foreign, but american as well.

[quote name='Raikoh']Anyone have any good suggestion for any quirky/weird movies? Particularly foreign, but american as well.[/QUOTE]
Lets see... City of Lost Children (French), Brazil, Old Boy (Korean), Videodrome, Bubba Ho-Tep (Bruce Campbell).

I should have asked sooner, but when does DDD bill you for an order that is out of stock? Is it when it ships or as soon as you finalize the order?

[quote name='Graystone']Heads up the fourth volume just came out.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, they had it listed for a 6/30 date. Kinda irritating like the SHOUT! TV box sets which, as someone said earlier, are being re-released by Universal, so they're "preorders" as well.

[quote name='kingryan18']I just opened taken from my order I received last week & it has no dvds inside only cd-r's by verbatim I'm so angry gotta wait till tomorrow to call deepdiscount hope I can get a rushed exchange for a set with dvds.[/quote]

Man, pretty much same thing happened to me.

'Cept, I had a box set (The wire season 1) with nothing in it. Not wrapped or anything.

I'm exchanging it, but geeze...

I wasn't too p'd off cause I had a huge order (~500 dollars worth) and everything else was there and ok, but its just really strange how i could get a dvd boxset with no discs.

Well, like several others, I placed a final order yesterday. Don't imagine the picture quality for Invincible (Blu-Ray) will be quite as good as the 2 Pirates movies... but broke down and ordered it seeing pretty high marks on reviews.

God my next CC bill is gonna be HUGE! :(

[quote name='NJYAJ092']Man, pretty much same thing happened to me.

'Cept, I had a box set (The wire season 1) with nothing in it. Not wrapped or anything.

I'm exchanging it, but geeze...

I wasn't too p'd off cause I had a huge order (~500 dollars worth) and everything else was there and ok, but its just really strange how i could get a dvd boxset with no discs.[/QUOTE]

We should check why this is. I mean, the discs I presume are brand new, there should be no reason for them to be used or, worst of all, with blank Verbatim discs. It's almost like a criminal issue because someone is tampering with our merchandise.

I really hope DDD doesn't use some shady techniques.

:shock:

(Rushes to open latest DDD purchase, checks disc...it's legit...whew!!!)

This is the first time I'm hearing this about DD, and it's pretty scary. I like DD; practically bought the entire Rurouni Kenshin set from them and more. Great price, great service.

I guess I'll have to check all the purchases I made from them as a result of the 20% discount right away.

Relax about the verbatim cds. I bet someone defrauded DD by returning their "new" dvds that they no longer "wanted" for a full refund. DD was duped into thinking they were new because the criminals shrink wrapped it again. This is a lesson to everyone to check their dvds, though.

Sorry for the double post and bumping an old thread on a deal that's over, but I just received the last part of my order and noticed something strange. I received my Invader Zim DVDs today, but something was weird. The collector's box that I ordered was just supposed to come with the house-shaped box and the bonus disc. However, when I opened it, it not only had the bonus disc, but also had all three volumes of the show. Also of note, the box had a sticker on it that said "Gir toy no longer available." It was nice to get extra stuff in a screw-up for a change. Has thi happened to anyone else?

bread's done
Back