[DEAD] Deep Discount 25% off sale starting June 3

Indiana Jones

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Some of you may have gotten a postcard in the mail mentioning this sale starting June 4, but I tried out some of the usual codes and the site claims June 3.

For starters...

PRICESEARCH
YAHOO
SAVE25
NYTIMES
LATIMES
USATODAY
CJ25

Of course, the postcard does say [FONT=Verdana, Arial]that you "save an additional 25% on over 50,000 items" which could mean limited selections eligible.[/FONT]

If this is like their original 20-25% sales, it will be much better than their 40% off MSRP last time. Also be warned that a lot of prices get hiked up, so it's always good to price compare before buying.

I assume DVD Planet will have the same sale, but haven't heard anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Figured it was time to upgrade to the 3-Disc edition of The Incredible Hulk, and my girlfriend picked up Inglorious Basterds for her father.

So far i've picked up the following Criterion blu's from this sale for my collection:

Ride With The Devil
Summer Hours
Lola Montes
Vivra Sa Vie
Revanche
El Norte
Chungking Express
Bigger Than Life
Hunger
M

I may do a second order

[quote name='PR Mega X']Figured it was time to upgrade to the 3-Disc edition of The Incredible Hulk, and my girlfriend picked up Inglorious Basterds for her father.[/QUOTE]

I love you sig. Did you make that?

Item #: WBD009986 Watchmen: The Ultimate Cut [5 Discs] $27.79
Item #: WBD009776 Peanuts: 1970's Collection, Vol. 1 [2 Discs] $18.56
Item #: WBD011637 Peanuts 1970's Collection V.02 $18.56
Item #: LGE016940 Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars $7.79
Item #: WBD011414 Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Complete Season One [4 Discs] $25.88
Item #: MCA020106 Battlestar Galactica: The Plan $10.19
Item #: BVD052702 Meet the Robinsons $10.96
Item #: COL001068 Spider-Man The New Animated Series: Season One [2 Discs] $11.04
Item #: GBD890612 Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime $9.17
Item #: PRD012430 Macgyver-complete Series $102.37

Also used Bing Cash Back.

[quote name='geeknhard']If I wasn't completely broke, I'd be all over Watchmen Ultimate & Zombieland.[/QUOTE]

Zombieland is $15 at BB starting tomorrow

for the interested parties, tekkonkinkreet and paprika are under 16 with the sale

and, of course, fucking akira is exempted

[quote name='exRounder']for the interested parties, tekkonkinkreet and paprika are under 16 with the sale

and, of course, fucking akira is exempted[/QUOTE]

checked akira almost first thing when sale started...

[quote name='Afflicted']checked akira almost first thing when sale started...[/QUOTE]

haha the day that blu-ray is in my collection, pigs will have flown in a frozen-over hell

Do the rifftrax dvds include the movies? I have no clue how to do the online rifftrax, listening to the audio over a separate dvd movie (that and I hardly have any dvds to begin with), but if the rifftrax dvds include the movie and the audio (like when they did The Film Crew gig for a while), I'd probably pick a couple of these up.

I picked up The Messenger on blu-ray, The General on blu-ray, Hunger on blu-ray, and Bukowski: Born Into This on regular DVD for $66 total. Thanks a bunch, OP.

Grabbed Life blu for $36, the GOOD version(non-Oprah). No one seems to have that for a decent price except the B&N thing, whom I hate ordering from online. Just had bad experiences with them. I agree totally with DD going down hill the last couple years as well. Right around Blu Ray came in or so, I've all but forgotten about them, as their prices always seem to be a joke. It takes the 25% off just to get it competitive. Now let's see if I can receive it in the next month.

[quote name='guinaevere']Do the rifftrax dvds include the movies?[/QUOTE]

yes, they contain the film but they're really barebones though. Planet Of The Dinosaurs and Voodoo Man are the standouts to me, though NOTLD and House On Haunted Hill are pretty good as well.

If you have store credit left, DVD Planet is having the same sale without a code you have to put in. Though their prices on the titles I browsed through are all higher than Deep Discount. Though you can find some additional sales codes out there, like "couponcabin" for $5 of $50.

[quote name='Scotts85']5 years ago this wasn't a sale, it was an event. There'd be 9 pages of people's orders for dozens of DVDs by now.[/QUOTE]
What happened 5 years ago? Was it like 50% off? Haha.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']If you have store credit left, DVD Planet is having the same sale without a code you have to put in. Though their prices on the titles I browsed through are all higher than Deep Discount. Though you can find some additional sales codes out there, like "couponcabin" for $5 of $50.[/QUOTE]
Cool. I still have some store credit. It's too bad they don't do the trading DVDs thing again.

[quote name='moviewizguy']What happened 5 years ago? Was it like 50% off? Haha.[/QUOTE]

It was 20% off already low prices. It's not 25% off 40% higher prices. :lol:

[quote name='bigdaddy']It was 20% off already low prices. It's not 25% off 40% higher prices. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Oh, damn. I wish I was a DVD fanatic collector 5 years ago.

[quote name='moviewizguy']Oh, damn. I wish I was a DVD fanatic collector 5 years ago.[/QUOTE]

at the same time, now you would be double-dipping on bd upgrades (if that's your thing)

Only real deal I've found is Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog for $9.28 after coupon. Amazon had it for $10.99 a couple weeks ago, but now it's up to $14.99...so that's a fairly sizeable difference. But unfortunately, it's backordered. So add that to DD's already lengthy shipping times.

Ordered Life and Deadly Duo Blu-Rays but they're both on backorder which isn't a surprise.

Ordered Trinity Blood on blu ray for $30.52 ($31.79 - $1.27 bing cashback). I wish I had held off on some stuff with Rightstuf's FUNI sale last week, because I would have saved like $10-15 including the bing cashback. Oh well, still good deals!

[quote name='Rave Child']Ordered Trinity Blood on blu ray for $30.52 ($31.79 - $1.27 bing cashback). I wish I had held off on some stuff with Rightstuf's FUNI sale last week, because I would have saved like $10-15 including the bing cashback. Oh well, still good deals![/QUOTE]

Even if Trinity Blood were FREE, it still wouldn't be a good deal. ;)

The Rifftrax shorts collections are all great. I would suggest anyone that has interest in MST grab these for $4.57.

+1 to remembering how awesome this deal USED to be, and the ridiculous amounts of money I would spend on it. Aside from the jacked up prices, it's not even on all dvds anymore.

I've checked numerous dvds/blu-rays now, and out of my large list have only found two slightly cheaper on the DD sale than on Amazon.

There are some sweet anime deals going on:
School Rumble (complete: seasons 1, 2, and ova) - $30.59
Lucky Star (complete) - $22.94
Cowboy Bebop (complete) - $25.49
Ouran High School Host Club (complete) - $35.69 (why is this series so expensive? anyway, good price in comparison to other stores)

There's much more, you can check out all anime deals here:
http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.c...e=list&sortType=bestSelling&resultsPerPage=12

-Edit-
Picked up:
Code Geass R2 Parts 3 & 4
The Gokusen TV
Clannad Complete Collection

Last edited by a moderator:
Stumbled upon this today, and got some great deals I couldn't find cheaper on Amazon or anywhere else I could find. Thanks to lilman for the link, that helped. :) Here's what I got:

Rurouni Kenshin V.01-22 Eps 1-95 - $76.70
Slayers: The Complete Seasons 1-3 [12 Discs] - $30.59
Slayers Revolution: Season 4 - $30.59
Slayers Evolution-r-5th Season - $29.17
Dr Horrible S Sing-along Blog [Blu-Ray] - $9.28

[quote name='Jumpman 23']Has anybody recieved their order from the 25more deal?? My order says shipped but nothing yet!!![/QUOTE]

I ordered three things, and two of them have individually shipped. One of them arrived, but the other hasn't, despite my getting the email that it shipped something like a week or two ago.

Finally got my order yesterday!!! Damn, I should have ordered other movies, damn I was just testing them out but will buy from them again!!! Even though shiping took forever!!!

[quote name='Jumpman 23']Finally got my order yesterday!!! Damn, I should have ordered other movies, damn I was just testing them out but will buy from them again!!! Even though shiping took forever!!![/QUOTE]
Haha, I was the same way. This was my first purchase with DD and I was afraid to order too much. But my complete order from 6/19 (4 items) all arrived today (6/26) so I'll definitely buy from them again.

bread's done
Back