[Dead] DJKunai is awesome and 75% off ALL Video Game Items @ ALL Borders Books

[quote name='anderton']I'm going to call every Borders in Arizona after class today if you guys don't first.[/quote]

I just checked all Phoenix- they don't sell games.

So you can't combine the 10% off coupon with the 50% off. The system automatically chooses the better one.

And I have found a few stores with games including Guitar Hero for $35 and DK Jungle Beat for $25 (and not $20 like someone else said). Also found one with a used display 360.

I would tell you the store but I am gonna get it myself first and let you guys know what stores have them after I secure my stuff. Sorry! I'll keep you updated.

hell yeah! what a deal! thanks OP. i just got a 360 premium for $200+ tax. they had only 1 in the store not sure if they sold any before that.

this blows away the overstock.com deal i got 2 weeks ago. time to sell that one now

[quote name='rly723']hell yeah! what a deal! thanks OP. i just got a 360 premium for $200+ tax. they had only 1 in the store not sure if they sold any before that.

this blows away the overstock.com deal i got 2 weeks ago. time to sell that one now[/quote]Are you joking?

[quote name='daveymark']loooks like Cali is the only place for this deal. That's ok, Cali rarely gets the deals, it's nice to see them get in on the fun every once in a while[/QUOTE]
That's mighty neighborly of you, sir. We do have Frys and Gamerush out here, but I personally don't have a Game Crazy nearby, and definitely no Meijer.

Weren't any games at the Borders near my work (Although I didn't look that closely. I might look again tomorrow)

If consoles are really 50% off, I'd sure like a DS Lite for $65.

Anaheim,CA borders here have the old Nintendo DS (but I passed on it) with the Metriod Prime Hunters demo, but they were marked at $149.99.

[quote name='rly723']hell yeah! what a deal! thanks OP. i just got a 360 premium for $200+ tax. they had only 1 in the store not sure if they sold any before that.

this blows away the overstock.com deal i got 2 weeks ago. time to sell that one now[/QUOTE]

I'll believe it when I see a picture of the reciept...pretty good if it's true....

For my fellow socal CaGs

I called the Montclair Borders and they do carry videogames but I did not ask how many, I called several others out in the Riverside/San Bernadino area and they dont carry games.

Other than that the only other Borders which sells games is the one in Santa Anita Mall in Arcadia

[quote name='crazyj']For my fellow socal CaGs

I called the Montclair Borders and they do carry videogames but I did not ask how many, I called several others out in the Riverside/San Bernadino area and they dont carry games.

Other than that the only other Borders which sells games is the one in Santa Anita Mall in Arcadia[/QUOTE]

Arcadia: Go for the Border's sale, stay for the kick-ass Dim Sum! Din Tai Fun is one of my favorite places -- often worth the freakin' long drive from West LA.

this blows away the overstock.com deal i got 2 weeks ago. time to sell that one now[/QUOTE]

i for one believe him. I just went to my Borders and talked to the sales guy there. He said that all of the systems they had (including 360) sold within an hour of them posting the signs. He was actually surprised that the Guitar Hero I got was still there. They had a bunch of games, nothing really that exciting though.

So, I have for trade:

Guitar Hero

If your Borders has a 360 Wireless controller, maybe we can work something out.

Not sure what the shipping would be on this, but I am sure it's not cheap.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Arcadia: Go for the Border's sale, stay for the kick-ass Dim Sum! Din Tai Fun is one of my favorite places -- often worth the freakin' long drive from West LA.[/quote]

Forget dim sum! go get drunk at DnB!:bouncy:

[quote name='tenzor']Anaheim,CA borders here have the old Nintendo DS (but I passed on it) with the Metriod Prime Hunters demo, but they were marked at $149.99.[/quote]

Same at Arcadia. I believe they have four in stock, that's what the lady said when I called.

The Borders in Montclair has quite a few (about two cabinets full) games. PS2, Xbox, DS, 360, and probably others. They had at least one Guitar Hero and some wireless controllers (not sure what system). No consoles at ALL from what I can tell (I was looking for a 360 myself :lol:).

[quote name='GBKeroberos']The Borders in Montclair has quite a few (about two cabinets full) games. PS2, Xbox, DS, 360, and probably others. They had at least one Guitar Hero and some wireless controllers (not sure what system). No consoles at ALL from what I can tell (I was looking for a 360 myself :lol:).[/QUOTE]

I just scooped up the last Guitar Hero from the Montclair store, so if anyone is going there for that, don't bother. There a bunch of games there though, including 360 games like Far Cry, PDZ, DOA4, and a few others. There were tons of Xbox and PS2 games, a few DS games, and a couple cube games. There was a 12 month Xbox live starter kit, so that may be a good buy as well.

To confirm an earlier post, went by one of the San Francisco Borders and they had nothing. Employee said they don't carry video games. Now if you want a Harry Potter board game...

For San Fernando CAGs:

Woodland Hills store doesn't carry video games.

Northridge store still has games but there's nothing much left unless you're looking for kiddie GBA titles or budget titles for PS2/GCN. There were a couple Donkey Kongas and Jungle Beats left and a few Shadow the Hedgehog controllers.

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']Well if anyones on long island and curious dont even bother i called commack, westbury, and farmingdale and no luck with any of them :([/quote]

On top of that, don't bother with Syosset. They have never had games and, honestly, they are in dire need of some better staff as of late.

Santa Barbara/Goleta California:

No 360s or PSPs left. A couple PS2s and Nintendo DS's. Some games, but like everyone said nothing really worth getting. No wireless 360 controllers either.

The Borders that just recently closed down in the Puente Hills Mall,City of Industry, had one whole side of the store set up like a Music/DVD/Game store. They closed about 2 months ago. Just up and left. They closed soo fast, they had to put signs on the front door for the vendors to call if they wanted their product back or sent to another store.

Too bad they didnt hang aroung long enough for me to score on this sale. They had all the consoles too. A 360 would have been nice.

A head's up for TenneCAGs: don't bother looking in Knoxville -- called both stores today and neither carry games or consoles. Bummer.

Anyone wanna try and grab a slim PS2 for me? What would that cost after 50% off, like $65 bucks?

[quote name='Gond']I called 5 stores around the Atlanta area and none had games =( Ah well! hehe[/QUOTE]
Just so I don't waste time on the phone tomorrow as tomorrow is a busy day for me, I don't have to call atl: Midtown, Brookwood, Buckhead and Parkway Pointe?
Is that correct?

I can confirm that Douglasville and Austell don't carry games, as I found out last time they had a 50% off game sale.

I'll call the others in GA. I'm wondering if Buford still carries them.

[quote name='JayDouble']Same at Arcadia. I believe they have four in stock, that's what the lady said when I called.[/quote]

that is strange when I called earlier today they said they were sold out of systems.

I went to mine today and figured I'd look to see if there were any video games. Low and behold I actually found some. I got "Street Fighter Anniversary" for $15. Which is a good deal for new considering how much others are still selling this game. Anyhow, I saw some Gameboy SP and a bunch of games for all systems along with accessories as well. I'm thinking of getting the SP since I don't have a Gameboy Advance/SP. Do you think I should get one if it's half price and new???

[quote name='LXL_Guy']I went to mine today and figured I'd look to see if there were any video games. Low and behold I actually found some. I got "Street Fighter Anniversary" for $15. Which is a good deal for new considering how much others are still selling this game. Anyhow, I saw some Gameboy SP and a bunch of games for all systems along with accessories as well. I'm thinking of getting the SP since I don't have a Gameboy Advance/SP. Do you think I should get one if it's half price and new???[/quote]

If you have no intention of picking up a DS any time soon or at all you may as well. There are still a handful of worthwhile titles coming out for it and, surprisingly enough, EB/GS has many amazing titles on sale for next-to-nothing in order to move their Used stock. Of course, always be wary of bootlegs and all of that, but otherwise it's not bad overall.

Otherwise, I say it may be better to save up for a DS. May as well get two birds with one stone, if possible.

at the Hollywood, California Borders store. In fact, from what I could tell, the games they had were exactly the same ones that were there when the first 50% off sale was running months ago. The difference is that everything is 50% off now, but there just wasn't anything worth picking up.

The Arcadia one has two old DS's (silver) left and one SP (silver) and a bunch of games for all systems except for Xbox 360. The Pasadena location has about 3 or 4 guitar heroes when I went there a couple of hours ago.

bread's done
Back