[Dead] DJKunai is awesome and 75% off ALL Video Game Items @ ALL Borders Books

Yeah, Borders??? WUuuuuUUAAAAAAAAT! This would be a cool deal but I never ever saw any games at my Borders, guess this is a huge YMMV?

Perhaps they're hidden somewhere. It is a big store, after all. I'm calling mine tomorrow and asking if they sell video games. I've heard of these VG Borders deals one too many times to just overlook it.

I remember when they were clearancing SOME games for 50%, I visited 4 nearby Borders. Three had games. I'd phone first if I was you, though. Really interested if this is YMMV or not. May have to take a trip ASAP tomorrow.

[quote name='super_nerd']How much was the King of Fighters 02/03?[/QUOTE]

$39.99 originally.

(69+40+35)/2
(144)/2
$72+tax

[quote name='djkunai']$39.99 originally.

(69+40+35)/2
(144)/2
$72+tax[/quote]

Damnnn...that's a great deal. I wish I had a car, don't feel like walking 10 miles from my campus if the nearby Borders did have games.

If anyone is interested in Guitar Hero, PM me. I'm just trying to sell it for cost + shipping. There was another one there if anyone wants me to pick up that as well ($38 plus shipping).

[quote name='super_nerd']Damnnn...that's a great deal. I wish I had a car, don't feel like walking 10 miles from my campus if the nearby Borders did have games.[/quote]

Those 10 miles back would feel like a hop out of bed if you had a guitar hero strapped on for $35...

Damn if I could get GH for $35 + tax I'd be glad. Just ordered one (hasnt shipped) from outpost for 40 (30 off cause i use outpost card... first purchase discount). Heh.

wow...I was hoping they would have another one of these...and I am pretty sure my local Borders still has games (they did the last time I was there, but that was a while ago)

thanks for the heads up...I'll have to check it out

Most Borders have stopped selling games years ago, though I think one of them in-town might still sell games. Might be worth a look-see, since it is the oldest Borders in the area.

If they have games, they are probably in their little separate cd/music/DVD shop that's usually inside Borders, where you go through the separate security door. These are usually the Borders mega stores that also have a big coffee shop inside them. I don't really remember if mine has video games or not...might be worth a call later today.

Edit: I called and they told me the Indianapolis stores don't carry video games, just a few select markets like New York.

[quote name='joebob23']booo all of mine have a contract with gamestop who's carring video games for them.....[/quote]

That's just weird, since Gamestop is owned by the same company that owns Barnes & Noble...

Hmm 40 dollar guitar hero with guitar? If thats true I'm gonna have to go get me some guitar hero. I wanna hear confirmation thou first.

Just called my local Borders to see if they sell video games, and of course, they don't. So, if you are in East Brunswick, NJ, don't bother.

I called the Borders that had games months ago, and pinged the DVD/music guy. He said: "We do carry games, but we're clearing them all out for 50% off."

So, consider that confirmed. Just check if your Borders actually carries games.
Store Locator: http://www.bordersstores.com/locator/locator.jsp?tt=gn

*EDIT*
Just called another nearby store, and they have 'em clearanced, too. The said "a few" and I asked, "What, 20? 50?" He said, "More like a few hundred." I think I'll go hit up both stores. For those in the LA area, it's the Westwood location and Santa Monica's 3rd Street Promenade location. I'll probably leave in a bit, and be back with a report.

[quote name='Rasen']That's just weird, since Gamestop is owned by the same company that owns Barnes & Noble...[/QUOTE]

They broke off their ties. It's still the same people invested in both, but they aren't shared like that.

I hit up the Westwood Border's. Big waste of time, as it was either picked through or never had much to begin with. My guess is more the latter than former. They had one of those four-sided shelf things with games (I really had to look to find it), but everything was 50% off the original manufacturer's suggested retail price. Examples: Halo 2, Flatout 1, Metroid Prime 2, and DBZ Sagas all marked $49.99. Pokemon Fire Red was marked $34.99.

The only real deal there was Brain Age for 50% of $19.99, but I got it long ago. That was also the only game I saw released in 2006. Sony-brand PS2 controllers for 50% off $19.99 would be cool, but I didn't see the sticker on accessories.

I was so bummed, I didn't bother wasting time/gas to go to the 3rd Street Santa Monica location. If anyone does, please let me know what you find.

[quote name='Rasen']That's just weird, since Gamestop is owned by the same company that owns Barnes & Noble...[/QUOTE]

Did you not get the memo? Soon all companies will be one Company. The assimilation is almost complete.

There's a Borders across the street from my job, so I'll check it out tonight.

If there is indeed lots of Pokemon, I'd sure like to get Emerald for a good price.

you can search store inventory from the website. It's possible they don't list clearance items but a search for the word "xbox" at my local stores only came up with books, strategy guides, and soundtracks.

Thanks djkunai,

I was able to get the last Guitar hero at my local Borders, and I just happenend to have a $25 gift card that someone gave us so it was only about $10 out of pocket ! (Plus Tax of course)

I know mine sells some games and checking thier inventory online yields nothing at all. So either they sold out since thier last inventory check or they just dont list games online for whatever reason.

On a side note, Borders seems like a gold mine of old out of print strategy guides. Mine seems to have an FF III strat guide from 1994 in stock, heh.

I work for Borders. Very few of our stores actually carry games normally. I think they just tried them out at a few stores to see how they would do. Obviously, given the sale, I guess the answer is "not too well." Our location doesn't sell games.

[quote name='headpiece747']Picked up Me and My Katamari PSP for $20.00 (Last one)

Things I saw:
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat with Controller and Game $20.00
Russia with Love PSP $20.00
Street Fighter Xbox $15.00
Ninja Gaiden Black $20 or $15?
Brain Age Academy $10.00 (1 million copies left)
[/quote]Before or after the 50% off?

None of the Borders in Milwaukee carry video games. One guy even told me that none of the Borders anywhere carry video games, so you guys must be pulling my leg.

Yeah, that's it, VulSuck. Every single person on the Internet lies about everything. We're all actually just one fat loser sitting in his folks' basement, plotting more ways to mess with you. Man, I need a pizza -- but not until I send you a MySpace friends invite, disguised as a hot chick.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Yeah, that's it, VulSuck. Every single person on the Internet lies about everything. We're all actually just one fat loser sitting in his folks' basement, plotting more ways to mess with you. Man, I need a pizza -- but not until I send you a MySpace friends invite, disguised as a hot chick.[/quote]

Calm down?

[quote name='ViolentLee']Yeah, that's it, VulSuck. Every single person on the Internet lies about everything. We're all actually just one fat loser sitting in his folks' basement, plotting more ways to mess with you. Man, I need a pizza -- but not until I send you a MySpace friends invite, disguised as a hot chick.[/quote]Wanna send that invite my way?:lol:

[quote name='pop311']Wanna send that invite my way?:lol:[/QUOTE]If history is any indication, you'll get it in the next 3 days or so. Oh, and I/we also like to disguise ourselves as unsigned bands claiming to be from your area.

bread's done
Back