[Dead] Donkey Kong Jungle Beat w/ bongos = $39.99 @ ebgames.com

Good find

x xscorch2kxx (12:57:46 PM): Donkey Kong Jungle Beat w/ Bongos - 39.99 @ eb, bongoless version is 54.99, looks like the prices got switched

guessed (12:57:49 PM): Ooh, jungle beat with bongos preorder for $40

Seems you got everyone talking at once :lol:

[quote name='Scorch']Good find

x xscorch2kxx (12:57:46 PM): Donkey Kong Jungle Beat w/ Bongos - 39.99 @ eb, bongoless version is 54.99, looks like the prices got switched

guessed (12:57:49 PM): Ooh, jungle beat with bongos preorder for $40

Seems you got everyone talking at once :lol:[/quote]

Well, mine showed up on my end first, so it was pretty much a tie.

I tossed in a pre-order for it, so I'll end up with three sets of bongos, the ones that came with the first game, the set of Pelican bogos I picked up from BB around the end of the year, and the ones in this set. :D

Anyone know if Donkey Konga (original game) is only 2-player?

[quote name='shrike4242']I tossed in a pre-order for it, so I'll end up with three sets of bongos, the ones that came with the first game, the set of Pelican bogos I picked up from BB around the end of the year, and the ones in this set. :D

Anyone know if Donkey Konga (original game) is only 2-player?[/quote]

I think it is 4. Also, how are the pelican bongos? I've considered picking up a set.

I know I should... But I'm not. I really don't think I'll need 3 bongos if there's only two player battles.

That essentially makes it $5 for the game as EB sells Bongos separate for $34.99. Excellent steal, I mean deal ;)

[quote name='Vinny']I know I should... But I'm not. I really don't think I'll need 3 bongos if there's only two player battles.[/quote]

Well you can play with four players, it just won't be "battle mode"...
And the four player mode is still pretty fun as well.

but four person is loopsided. We compete using who got the most combos, and sometimes certain people get more than others. me and a friend played and we both had perfects but he beat me by one. STill fun though.

Ordered it. Hope it goes through. I should have never bought the extra bongos when getting the other DK bongo game! Now I'll have 3. One of which, I'll never use. :\

[quote name='Santurio']do you get it shipped free if you buy a used game??[/quote]

I think so, cuz I've gotten games separately from the same order, but only paid shipping once... er well not at all since it was free shipping.

[quote name='Tromack'][quote name='shrike4242']I tossed in a pre-order for it, so I'll end up with three sets of bongos, the ones that came with the first game, the set of Pelican bogos I picked up from BB around the end of the year, and the ones in this set. :D

Anyone know if Donkey Konga (original game) is only 2-player?[/quote]

I think it is 4. Also, how are the pelican bongos? I've considered picking up a set.[/quote]

They're a little bit bigger on the drumheads (they say 10%, but it's hard to tell unless you put them drumhead to drumhead), and the mic seems to be OK like the Nintendo one. Pretty much do the same job. Picked up DK as an XMas present, and couldn't find the Nintendo drums at BB, so picked up the Pelican ones for $24.99 AC (GGC). CC carries the Nintendo ones for $34.99 and EB/GS has them used for $14.99.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend'][quote name='Santurio']do you get it shipped free if you buy a used game??[/quote]

I think so, cuz I've gotten games separately from the same order, but only paid shipping once... er well not at all since it was free shipping.[/quote]

That's a big old no:
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/help/products/preOrders.asp

Orders containing combinations of pre-order items and in stock merchandise will be broken into separate orders. Each of the separate orders will ship as soon as the merchandise becomes available. Shipping charges will apply to each of the orders independently.

I pre-ordered Scrapland and DK:JB at the same time, ended up with two order #'s and two $1.99 shipping charges.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Zenithian Legend'][quote name='Santurio']do you get it shipped free if you buy a used game??[/quote]

I think so, cuz I've gotten games separately from the same order, but only paid shipping once... er well not at all since it was free shipping.[/quote]

That's a big old no:
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/help/products/preOrders.asp

Orders containing combinations of pre-order items and in stock merchandise will be broken into separate orders. Each of the separate orders will ship as soon as the merchandise becomes available. Shipping charges will apply to each of the orders independently.

I pre-ordered Scrapland and DK:JB at the same time, ended up with two order #'s and two $1.99 shipping charges.[/quote]

Thank you both for the info.........that really does answer my question!!!
I think I will still order this game!!

That's strange shrike, cuz when I ordered Rygar, they shipped it and the nes game (8 eyes for the curious) I ordered separately, yet still charged $0 for shipping.

So...... it makes me wonder if the separate freight charges applied are equal to the intial freight charge. So if you're shipping is $2 initially, you get charged $2 twice, but if it's free shipping, then you don't get charged at all.

Eh, I'm gonna try it anyway and I'll let you all know what happens.

Ok I tested it, and they basically took the nes game and DK:JB and made them into two separate orders requiring separate shipping charges for both. So, I guess they just messed up with my Rygar order, and in the case of a pre-order you can't use the SAVER code.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']That's strange shrike, cuz when I ordered Rygar, they shipped it and the nes game (8 eyes for the curious) I ordered separately, yet still charged $0 for shipping.

So...... it makes me wonder if the separate freight charges applied are equal to the intial freight charge. So if you're shipping is $2 initially, you get charged $2 twice, but if it's free shipping, then you don't get charged at all.

Eh, I'm gonna try it anyway and I'll let you all know what happens.[/quote]

The first time I ran into this issue was when I pre-ordered Fable/Fable Guide/SW:Battlefront/SW:Battlefront guide to get $50 in EB vouchers. I had a coupon for free 3-day shipping on Fable, so that came 3-day for free. All the other items, since thy had different "Will ship on" dates, all racked up $1.99 shipping charges for value shipping, and each item shipped as they came into stock. When I called and asked EB about that, the link I posted was the one that they told me to go look at. I've also done orders with items that were in stock and items that were OOS, and they only charged me a single ship charge on them, because they weren't pre-orders

I ran into this seperately with MK:D/MAT2 pre-order bundle through Gamestop, though since it was considered a "bundle", I didn't pay shipping on MAT2, due to the promotion, and they shipped it first and seperately.

I know, it's clear as mud, though this was my experience with EB and multiple pre-orders.

[quote name='eskimo']If I go to the "My Orders" page on the EBGames site, my order has changed to Jungle Beat without the bongos.[/quote]

Same here. My emailed confirmation shows it comes with bongos, though. I should have done a screen capture in case troubles arise. Anyone have one?

If you go do a search, you'll see the item w/o bongos still listed as $54.99 on the search page. W/bongos, $39.99.

Go into the individual items, and you'll see them fix it to the right price and right SKU.

W/o bongos SKU # 255254

W/bongos SKU #: 255251

I ended up ordering the 255254 item SKU #, and my confirmation email reflects the right description, the wrong SKU and the $39.99 price. I called them and asked them about it, after some checking, they fixed my order to reflect the right SKU # at the lower price of $39.99. Theoretically, though I'll have to wait and see if this really happens.

I'd suggest calling EB.com (877 432 9675) with your order information and see what you can do.

I'll know for sure in March.

[quote name='bmarquardt'][quote name='eskimo']If I go to the "My Orders" page on the EBGames site, my order has changed to Jungle Beat without the bongos.[/quote]

Same here. My emailed confirmation shows it comes with bongos, though. I should have done a screen capture in case troubles arise. Anyone have one?[/quote]

I grabbed PDF copies of the search page, which shows the right descriptions with the switched prices ($39.99 w/bongos, $54.99 w/o bongos), and each individual item page, which shows the right picture, the right price and the wrong descriptions.

I'm guessing they're in the process of fixing the website, so I grabbed proof just in case. Between the PDF files and my order email, I should get it at the right price.

My order has changed to just Jungle Beat also!!

I did print the purchase confirmation that shows it comes with the Bongos at the $40 price..........would that be good enough.

[quote name='Santurio']My order has changed to just Jungle Beat also!!

I did print the purchase confirmation that shows it comes with the Bongos at the $40 price..........would that be good enough.[/quote]

I called them and they supposedly adjusted it over the phone, which they said sometimes isn't reflected in the computer system. I'm going to go back to my order confirmation email and the PDF copies of the web pages showing the discrepancies and make sure I get it in March for that price.

Looks like they did fix it after all:

Order Summary
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat w/ Bongos (Item 255251) Expected Release Date: 03/14/05
Ordered: 1 Shipped: 0 Cancelled: 0 Returned: 0 Total: $39.99
Subtotal: $39.99
Shipping: $1.99
Tax: $2.92
Total: $44.90

A phone call would be a really good idea for those who jumped in on this, to try and prevent getting stiffed out of it. If they won't change it, cancel out the order.

Or, trying a phone order, saying the search page says one thing and the item says another, might have it work out. Only costs you time to try and get it.

My order was also changed and I don't have any scans from back when it said it was $40 with bongos. Can Shrike4242, or anyone else send me a pic from back when the error was on the site? I'd hate to call them up if they have no idea what I'm talking about.

Update: I went ahead and tried calling anyway. And, as expected, the guy had no clue what I was talking about since my order had been changed. I would have just cancelled then and there, but I might try it again some other time with a different employee if other people are getting this to work. I know Shrike got in on it, so there is hope.

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']My order was also changed and I don't have any scans from back when it said it was $40 with bongos. Can Shrike4242, or anyone else send me a pic from back when the error was on the site? I'd hate to call them up if they have no idea what I'm talking about.

Update: I went ahead and tried calling anyway. And, as expected, the guy had no clue what I was talking about since my order had been changed. I would have just cancelled then and there, but I might try it again some other time with a different employee if other people are getting this to work. I know Shrike got in on it, so there is hope.

btw, does anyone know of any way to cancel your orders on EB's website without calling them up. Dealing with people over the phone is much more hassle.[/quote]

Assuming you have an account on their site, you should be able to go to My Orders and cancel it, since it won't ship for 6 weeks.

All I have are the PDF files on my work laptop, which won't take long to extract from it. One is the search page, showing the bongos item @ $39.99 & the non-bongos item for $54.99, the other two are the individual item pages with the right pages, and showing the wrong SKU's.

bread's done
Back