Dead - EB/GS $5 off any used DS game $14.99+ - Dead

ther4p1st

CAGiversary!
EDIT: DEAD

Just came in through the emails, or at least it would have if I posted this 3 hours ago.

EDIT: Coupon is valid only in-stores, and expires on the 19th of July. Coupon ends prematurely at "offer" before stating the date of expiration as seen in previous email-letter coupons, but this hasn't been too much of an issue. Coupon can also be acquired through signing up through your own or through your second email address. Stacking should be possible either way as aoko has stated that even by using an edge card first on Meteos (priced $14.99) the coupon was still acceptable for a whopping savings of $??.?? (I'm too lazy to do the maths).

[quote name='Nemo_Hyde']Looks like all around here Advance Wars went up in price to $24 used.

Catching up to ebay prices :([/quote]
Did you actually have them SCAN the game? Cause like Kmart, most GameStops are too damn lazy to change their price tags. I've seen a GameStop by me that has the Dr. Mario/Puzzle League GBA game for $29.99 tagged new, and the actual price is WAY beyond lower than that.

[quote name='Master Shake']Even if a game is scratched and just the disc it trades in the same as if it was in mint condition and complete.[/quote]
Last I checked, they give you LOWER prices depending on the quality of the disc.

[quote name='Tsukento']Did you actually have them SCAN the game? Cause like Kmart, most GameStops are too damn lazy to change their price tags. I've seen a GameStop by me that has the Dr. Mario/Puzzle League GBA game for $29.99 tagged new, and the actual price is WAY beyond lower than that.

Last I checked, they give you LOWER prices depending on the quality of the disc.[/quote]
I'm looking at my receipts. Cart only. Curses... the case is marked $17.99 I should have made them match the tag. Not sure if its worth the gas for the return trip...that one was pretty far away.

And I've NEVER had them give me a discount based on quality/conditon of the game. 21 stores within 10 miles, 64 within 20 and I spend upwards of $10k annually at them well, all save for a few out on their own..but I have gone as far as 60 miles away to get stuff from a particular EB/GS). They always, until this week, have the same price as the website and NEVER discount for condition, missing case, or scratches.

EDIT Nevermind my little rant. I thought you meant they gave the buyer a discount... hoho, I odn;t think we'll ever see somethign like that. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

RE: Beyond Good and Evil: So far I'm rather unimpressed, but I heard the story is good. I personally prefer the Gamecube...but I think I might opt for the PS2 version on this one...unless something is different...

ANother Edit: according to reviews on Amazon under the GC version.... only GC has dolby pro logic sound, and graphics are better... and you use the Z button for your camera which for the reviewer made a difference. PS2 has longer load times as well. Xbox version is alomst equivilent to GC, except for the dolby sound.

[quote name='Master Shake']Even if a game is scratched and just the disc it trades in the same as if it was in mint condition and complete.[/quote]

[quote name='Tsukento']Last I checked, they give you LOWER prices depending on the quality of the disc.[/quote]

I think Tsukento is right..and for some reason they frown upon using a used game (bought from them) sold back to them, but i don't care :cool:

Speaking about Advance Wars. I noticed that a GS near my workplace has a copy in stock. I drop by today and see that the price on the stick was $24.99. And, I know the store only received the game used in the last few weeks (it's always one of the stores I check online to see if they have anything I want and I always check if Advance Wars is in stock at some store I can conviently go to). Odd that the website still lists the game at $17.99.

Maybe it's going to be a GS universal price increase?

[quote name='superdry']Speaking about Advance Wars. I noticed that a GS near my workplace has a copy in stock. I drop by today and see that the price on the stick was $24.99. And, I know the store only received the game used in the last few weeks (it's always one of the stores I check online to see if they have anything I want and I always check if Advance Wars is in stock at some store I can conviently go to). Odd that the website still lists the game at $17.99.

Maybe it's going to be a GS universal price increase?[/quote]

Considering it hovers around $40 for used, cart only copy on Amazon and that most all the $9 Kmart copies have likely been added back into the secondary market.... it makes a sad kind of sense.

Stopped by Hiram this morning for other stuff, and had them call the Avenues for me to inquire about their copy of Etrian. Complete, instructions and case art, so they held it for me.

Got there, new staff (at least new to me) and way better than the folks I'm used to dealing with there. The man ringing me up was having a hard time getting the coupon to take. Turns out, scanning the edge card first makes the coupon not work. So they did the coupon first, then hit something to get out of some screen, and THEN scanned my edge card. Hoorah.

Thanks, OP.

Found Electroplankton in Cartersville, but case only. No art, no instructions. Why, oh why do stores accept trade-ins like that?! So there's still a cart-only EP in the GS in Cartersville by Pier1 if anyone is looking.

I worked at EB for almost two years and if something was missing there was a dollar or two taken off but after it changed to gamestop there was no difference if it was marked as not having a manual for instance.

Checked another 2 EB/GS stores and saw that both of them also had Metroid for $24.99 (scanned at that price).

Picked up Resident Evil for $11.95 (incl. tax). Missed out on the TRU clearance at the end of last year, so this seems to be about as good as it'll get (at least in my area).

[quote name='guinaevere']Stopped by Hiram this morning for other stuff, and had them call the Avenues for me to inquire about their copy of Etrian. Complete, instructions and case art, so they held it for me.

Got there, new staff (at least new to me) and way better than the folks I'm used to dealing with there. The man ringing me up was having a hard time getting the coupon to take. Turns out, scanning the edge card first makes the coupon not work. So they did the coupon first, then hit something to get out of some screen, and THEN scanned my edge card. Hoorah.

Thanks, OP.[/QUOTE]

Man, that sucks. I managed to nab a complete copy of Etrian also. The guy was having all kind of issues with the card/coupon stacking. Finally, the manager came over and declared that I couldn't take advantage of both. I didn't feel like arguing so I just paid the $21 and change. At least I got a copy of the game so I'm happy!

I just got back from Gamestop, I picked up a copy of meteos. I had a nice sales rep and I had him scan my edge card first, he thought it might not work with the coupon as it lowers is below 14.99 but figured he would try and if not cancel and do it the other way around. At first it looked like it would not work but then the computer updated the screen and accepted both. Total 9.19 with tax.

Condition of game: Came with full case, manual, registration card, health & safety booklet. The game looks new and it is. I turned it on and went to the stats for meteos, sure enough, it was powered on twice and for a total of 6 mins. It was first powered on this time last year. So it looks like it has been sitting on the shelf for a year. The only downside is that the clear plastic of the case edge is cut a little bit. So not mint but darn near it.

Went to my second Gamestop of the day and purchased Etrian Odyssey (complete w/ case + manual). The case/manual for the used version was actually in better shape than the "new" gutted version that was left at the store. Seeing that the game seems to be quickly disappearing, I figured it was well worth picking up for $17.49, especially being the only used version in the area.

Thanks to the coupon, I bought...

Etrian Odyssey $17.49
Code Lykoko $11.19
MONOPOLY / BOGGLE / YAHTZEE / BATTLESHIP $21.99
Disney's Kim Possible: Kimmunicator $8.49 (for my daughter)

All MINT, all COMPLETE!

Thanks OP!

I tried to take this coupon to an ebstop and they refused to take it, said it was counterfiet or some other word that made me feel like a criminal. Said it was because the last line of the coupon says "Offer" and then just cuts off.

[quote name='mare_imbrium']I tried to take this coupon to an ebstop and they refused to take it, said it was counterfiet or some other word that made me feel like a criminal. Said it was because the last line of the coupon says "Offer" and then just cuts off.[/QUOTE]

The coupon is real. I got it in an e-mail from Gamestop/EB on Friday.
It DOES look fake, because it doesn't show a date that it expires.

Sorry that had to happen to you mare, but I just wanted to let you know that I checked the coupon and where it cuts off is where it states the expiration date. I've checked this coupon and compared it with previous ones that I had recieved from their e-mail "newsletters", and it just happens that this one cuts off right after "offer" (that's just how they sent it to me). If somebody else has a more complete coupon (which I doubt) please feel free to upload it.

Now for everyone else.... I forgot to mention in my first post that this offer is only valid in-store and will expire on the 19th (5 more days). Also I found that stacking by first showing them the edge card works best, though I have yet to try it with a game that is only $14.99. And a big thanks to all the people who answered all of those questions and to Tsukento for that awesome list.

[quote name='ther4p1st'] Also I found that stacking by first showing them the edge card works best, though I have yet to try it with a game that is only $14.99. And a big thanks to all the people who answered all of those questions and to Tsukento for that awesome list.[/quote]

I bought meteos which was 14.99 and had them stack the edge card first, then the guy entered in the coupon, he though it might not work but it did. It did seem to take the computer a min to get it though. Im not sure if he had to ok it or not, but it went through.

At both ebstops, they entered the coupon first and then the edge card. Looking at the receipt, it definitely takes off the 10% first, then the $5. No one had any issues (heck, one guy commented on receiving the e-mail yesterday and "really needing to print the coupon"), so I don't think it really matters in which order they scan/enter.

[quote name='aacdeln']Damn. All I really want is Snowboard Kids DS....[/quote]

There is a cart-only copy at one (haha) of my nearby GS/EBs I think its marked $17.99.

[quote name='Nemo_Hyde']There is a cart-only copy at one (haha) of my nearby GS/EBs I think its marked $17.99.[/quote]

There's actually one downtown, but it's cart-only and priced at $24.99.

fucking GS/EB. I might as well buy a new one on ebay.

this is soooo crap!!!

so i checked a used game that i like, punched in the zip code and see which store(s) closes to me would have the game available. then i head down to that store, only to find out they don't have it. unbelievable.

even if their database says they have it in stock, the store says don't have it. got so annoyed. so i took off and didn't bother checking out another, coz some stores close either 6pm or 7pm. didn't want to waste gas to drive up to the next store.

just got off the phone w/ an ebgames employee. Said the product availability page updates every 6 months 0.o
That isn't right, at least not for every store. I checked my local stores for tetris ds for a couple of days, nothing, then it showed up on the instore inventory (via website check); went down and snagged it. They let me know they just got it too.

[quote name='ihavenolife123']just got off the phone w/ an ebgames employee.
Said the product availability page updates every 6 months 0.o[/quote]

WTF? I've been told by a few GS clerks that the product availability page usually updates every 1-2 days. The only times that there might be a problem is if there is stuff in the employee hold or damaged bin and none of them have been scanned out yet so a store might say it has X item online, but it really doesnt have it on the floor.

Anywho...I picked up a complete/mint copy of SNK vs. Capcom Card Fighters (the game ain't worth the $30 new or even $25 used. $20 is bearable) today...and I'll most likely send it to SNK to get my fixed replacement. But, I'm still looking for a complete, used Lost in Blue 2...I have to head out to a few more stores that have it and see if its complete.

The Product Availablility page updates every night. I saw it happen when I bought the last used game, and it went down to 0.

It may also be possible, though, that the stores themselves manually send the update instead of it being automatic.

[quote name='Nemo_Hyde']Definite price increase on Advance Wars DS to $24.99. Saw it in yet another store for that price instead of $17.99.[/quote]

off topic i know but man i dont want to make a new thread b/c everyone will be like WRONG THREAD JERK YOU SUCK

twin snakes: 17.99 -> 19.99
eternal darkness 12.99 -> 17.99

Good GOD. o_O; Twin Snakes is a PLAYER'S CHOICE title. Why the hell are they increasing used price to new price? Thank god I bought ED back when they had that awesomely abusable coupon for getting $10 or something on two GameCube games without price limit.

i picked up twin snakes non pc for 17.99 a month ago, then i saw the pc one for 19.99 last week instore (minty yum) but online it still said 17.99 . now online its 19.99 ...

Picked up a mint and complete copy of Advance Wars: DS for $18. It was $24.99 used which sucked, but I think it was still a good deal. I'll go in tomorrow and pick up Phoenix Wright: JFA.

Lucked out and found a minty Electroplankton. I think I paid $21.99 after Edge card and coupon. The guy commented to me that I was the third owner of the game: his nephew, then a customer that traded it back. He was a really nice guy, sometimes rare at the GS/EBs in my area.

Can't wait to try it.

bread's done
Back