[Dead] EBGames $10 Bonus for ANY 2 Non-Sports Titles 01/30-02/27

Any idea how much trade-in credit I can get for these 4 games:

Get on Da Mic (no mic)
Contra shattered soldier
Devil may cry
Mad maestro

What if the game is really scratched? Do they take a percent off or reject it completely? 1 of the games there has quite a few scratches, which is why little children should never be left alone with video games or dvd's.

[quote name='gmzone']Any idea how much trade-in credit I can get for these 4 games:

Get on Da Mic (no mic)
Contra shattered soldier
Devil may cry
Mad maestro

What if the game is really scratched? Do they take a percent off or reject it completely? 1 of the games there has quite a few scratches, which is why little children should never be left alone with video games or dvd's.[/quote]

I got a quarter for Mad Maestro and $2 for DMC before the $10 bonus.

[quote name='schultzed'][quote name='Nephets'][quote name='zola']traded in:

pikmin
gauntlet dark legacy
GT3 a-spec
metal gear solid 2
zone of the enders
pokemon coliseum
super mario sunshine
star wars: rogue leader

for 71.50

I got Resident Evil 4 too and it was NOT taxed so I have 21.50 left on an edge card now ^_^[/quote]

Honestly, wow, you got ripped off. I don't consider trading 8 games for one, and maybe another with the 20 a very good deal...

Unless you got them really cheap in the first place (I doubt, on a few of those at least), then I don't think you got such a great deal.[/quote]

That's why I don't trade in many of my games . . . I know someday that I will want to play Mario Sunshine again and a new $50 game is going to be $15 in the future. So, I can wait until the price is right on RE4.

Games are so relative in price. But I want to keep much of my collection intact.

I do trade in stuff that I bought cheap or cheap games that I know I'll find cheap again in the future. Especially if a cheap game is not POX . . . then you can get $10 on a preorder but buy it again for $10 or less if you regret it.[/quote]

Well, I actually got the gamecube games all in one package from some goon on ebay when I bought my gamecube (the total package was around 150 dollars a little over a year ago) along with some other games and 2 extra controllers - all used of course. So I didn't really have any sentimental or monetary value associated with them. The PS2 games were just really old and I never really play them anymore.

On the other hand, RE 4 is hot ^_^

[quote name='sabin23']This is slightly off topic... but has anyone had trouble cancelling preorders at EB (that were made via the trade 5 games for $50 credit deal) and then transfering that $50 to an Edge Card?

I traded in some TRU games (cost me $15) today for the Splinter Cell Chaos Theory preorder I want that $50 credit since I'm eyeing a PSP.

A CAG mentioned earlier it worked but he ran into an occasional hitch now and then.[/quote]

It should be okay. In fact, it was an EB employee who told me about cancelling preorders, and he said he's done it himself. If you get a refusal, just go back when someone else is working there.

After reading through some posts, I think i'll take my 14 games to other stores (Gamestop, Blockbuster, and GameCrazy) to see how the trade in will vary. I'm only looking for a PSP, which i don't think Blockbuster would have...I'll get back to you all with how much i got for them all.

The games to trade in are
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Breakdown
GTA Double Pack
Star Wars/Tetris
JSRF/Sega GT
KOTOR
Shenmue 2
RTCW
Metal Arms
Midtown Madness 3
Halo 2
DOA Ultimate
Max Payne 2
ESPN NFL 2k5

No one yet has answered - anyone have a list of recently added titles to the "trade in 5 for $50 credit" pre-order promotion? I've literally run out of items to pre-order.

[quote name='rarebucky']No one yet has answered - anyone have a list of recently added titles to the "trade in 5 for $50 credit" pre-order promotion? I've literally run out of items to pre-order.[/quote]

Haven't heard anything lately. The newest ones are listed in the EB Presidents Day thread. As someone before mentioned, maybe you should consider trading in to preorder something, cancelling, and then holding the value on an edge card. Of course, you run the risk of EB saying no though.

[quote name='rarebucky']No one yet has answered - anyone have a list of recently added titles to the "trade in 5 for $50 credit" pre-order promotion? I've literally run out of items to pre-order.[/quote]
How about Rayman Advance, and a 1 gig memory stick pro duo?

I think that the 5 games for 50$ preorder credit can apply to any pre-order game. If not, I'm sure you could just pre-order one, then transfer balance to another. I bet you can trade in 10, pre-order 2 games, transfer balance to psp. I think a few people have done this. You could transfer to most any games I'm sure.

i probally end up running to 3 of the Ebgames around here tomorrow to one last Sweep of the stores to see if they got anything good in.

So far only got Monster rancher 3 and Some warrior game

Monster rancer 3 cost me 4 bucks (after trading in the other 2 games)
The D. warrior game was free

i got the warrior game, Maximo and Bouncer for like 11 bucks and 2 days later traded in Maximo and bouncer for 11.50

man my walls are bare now after trading in all the older games i havent played. got around 500 bucks credit at ebgames. Alot of the games i wasnt thinking about trading in but though might as well.. I got around another 10 games i probally take in tomorow

MOJO
a fishing game
Magicial mirror with mickey mouse
Hall of fame pinball
My street
Primal
Mad mastro (last one woo)
R racing
and 2 others

hopefully they take all 10 and get another 60 bucks

[quote name='MM3_XBOX']After reading through some posts, I think i'll take my 14 games to other stores (Gamestop, Blockbuster, and GameCrazy) to see how the trade in will vary. I'm only looking for a PSP, which i don't think Blockbuster would have...I'll get back to you all with how much i got for them all.

The games to trade in are
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Breakdown
GTA Double Pack
Star Wars/Tetris
JSRF/Sega GT
KOTOR
Shenmue 2
RTCW
Metal Arms
Midtown Madness 3
Halo 2
DOA Ultimate
Max Payne 2
ESPN NFL 2k5[/quote]

you are trading in some really good games. i'd keep most of them.

Get this: I dropped by EB before going to work this morning to trade in 4 games... I parked outside on the street with a parking meter. I put in 30-cents for 18-minutes.

I trade 4 crap TRU games for $22.50 in credit but i end up talking to the EB clerk for several minutes, about current gaming industry events and reminiscing about the good ol' days.

I walk outside and find a parking ticket on my car for $35! The ticket was given at 11:18 am and I got to my car at 11:19am.

Talk about a waste of time. Any "profit" I made today is going straight to the parking ticket... Plus, I ended up getting to work late so I lost out on some more money there! Sometimes i question if it's worth all the trouble for this TRU/EB swap (i.e. opportunity costs). sheesh! :x

PSP launch games will have a "trade in a game, get $10 towards preorder" deal. You can trade in as many as you want, up to the purchase price. That's like, 20 launch titles, although I'm not 100% certain the deal applies to every one of them. I know Metal Gear Acid, Untold Legends, Ridge Racer, and Darkstalkers are included. The excluded trade-ins list applies, of course.

This deal starts Sunday, IICR.

Unlike EB, Gamecrazy will still let you do the 2/$10 deal if you don't have the games' instructions. This can be useful if you are able to find several $3.99 or cheaper non-sports games @ and EB and have something you want @ a GC, as most of EB's cheaper titles seem to be lacking instructions. This is especially useful now that the buy2get1 sale is going on.

Last day of trading for me, and sort of a downer. The Oddword: Munch's that were sitting at TRU for weeks suddenly got snatched up, so I ended up only trading in 4 titles today. :eek: My fault for not being greedy. :lol: Final score: about $100 spent at TRU, to get $425 in EB credit.

Do the employees have any problems with trading in large amonts of games? I have about 22 I want to dump out but would they put a limit so only 6 of the games out of the 22 are eligible for the offer?

I probably should have called before they closed. thanks to anyone who can help out though

I think I'll trade in the final four TRU games I have, but I already traded in copies of these, they will accept these, right?

R: Racing Evolution
Mojo
Eternal Darkness
Universal Studios

I can already expect about 25 credit for those, which is good because I only paid like 10 for those.

EB won't freak out if I give them R:Racing in a double-disc GCN case, will they? There's a blank spot there for a disc, and I don't think I can exchange cases with any game I have...

I went to trade in the Killzone demo that I got from CC, the one that was a penny. It wouldn't scan but the lady manually entered it as the Killzone full game which gave me $16.50 in credit for it after the promo. Being the nice, and stupid guy I am, I pointed out that it was only the demo, so she said that she couldn't accept it.

I was just curious, if I hadn't said anything, would they be able to do anything about it. I know they have my info, but its not like I tricked them so they wouldn't be able to take away the credit right?

I didn't do it because she had been nice to me and I had gathered up about $200 in EB credit. I would like to keep a good reputation there so if any more deals come, I can take advantage of them again.

I'm about to head over with another batch of 12 games.
I think this is Mrs. Cheapy's favorite deal ever as its making a lot of space!
Nice job on the FAQ, btw.

Last night I was reminded of why I hate EB tradeins and why the goal of getting an "edge" on them is a good one.

Last mopping up of games . . . I turned in State of Emergency PS2 (got a $5 xbox one last summer at CC) and Quantum Redshift ($4 PO) . . . both would have been .75 without the bonus.

They really rip off the unaware . . . lots of people will just accept .50 for a game because they don't want to take it back home. Yes, they need to make profits but they could be more reasonable.

[quote name='CheapyD']I'm about to head over with another batch of 12 games.
Nice job on the FAQ, btw.[/quote]

its sooo weird to read Cheapy's posts now that I've seen him on Cold Pizza . . . I can hear his voice and see him as I read.

[quote name='CheapyD']I'm about to head over with another batch of 12 games.
Nice job on the FAQ, btw.[/quote]

Agreed on the FAQ, my roomate was about to take some jampacks down there and this saved him the trip.....now we just have to ebgame about 10 jampacks...ug.

I don't feel like reading through 32 pages, so can someone just quickly tell me if the normal exclusion list does apply to this deal?

[quote name='Kwiet Storm']Do the employees have any problems with trading in large amonts of games? I have about 22 I want to dump out but would they put a limit so only 6 of the games out of the 22 are eligible for the offer?[/quote]

As long as there are no doubles, you should have no problems. They'll probably break it into two transactions, since the computer only allows 12 trade bonuses at once.

And if you have doubles, just do separate trips.

So, I have been going to two EB Games with my stuff - some of which was from TRU, some from other places, and some actual games I wanted to get rid of.

I hadn't traded anything in to this EB in over a week and had never seen the one guy working there before (so there should of been no memory of my previous couple of Mojo trades). He scans in my Xbox Mojo and GC Tony Hawk 4 and tells me the computer won't accept them. He can't do anything about it because it "comes from corporate". He goes on to say that it could mean they have too many of this game or just don't want to take it in any more (but all out of his control). And besides, Tony Hawk is a sports game so it doesn't count.

So, OK, as far as Mojo is concerned, I can see why this ONE store wouldn't want to take it - it is only a mile from a TRU that had a pile of Mojo's and I noticed quite a few in their front bin for the B2G1 sale. But I knew the guy was BS-ing me when he threw in the "comes from corporate" thing and particularly when he told me Tony Hawk 4 was excluded. ESPECIALLY when it rang up at "0" trade value according to him. Wouldn't it ring up at least 25 cents or something even if it was a crappy game excluded from the $5 bonus deal (and being a GCN PC title I don't think I would consider it a crappy game)?

Anyway, I hauled myself over to the other mall where they had absolutely no trouble giving me $13 credit for those two games ($7 for Tony Hawk 4). "From corporate" my ass... Anyway, since that was the last of them, I just decided to buy the DS (still had to shell out $65 cash though - but at least my cash went to the "nice" store).

Besides the little hiccup tonight the deal has gone well for me EXCEPT -
I had a friend (not interested in games) buy some games at a TRU across the country and send them media mail (wouldn't want shipping taking all the bonus away). She sent them almost 2 weeks ago and they haven't gotten here yet. When they do arrive (I'm sure it will be Monday since that's the day after the deal ends) I'll have to figure out what to do with a couple of Primal's and some other junk (but different than anything else I had). The TRU's here never had Primal so I thought it would have been refreshing for the EB's here to get a few for a change :). Oh well, I can always save them for Gamerush deals.

just found out about this deal today...used 2 games i got for free from the TRU sale. got $13 credit and used iit for mlb 2k5..got that for about $8..unfortunately a couple days ago when mvp 2005 came out that guy working there mentioned nothing about this trade in deall, so i paid full price..oh well, i still have some games left from the TRU sale to trade in later....by the way, has anyone played mvp 2005 online with the ps2? ii want to play online but i only have dal up,,is there lots of lag when playing..pleae let me know..thanks

Yup. Exactly what I expected, I got 25.50 for the four other TRU games I selled off today (my final batch), which were, of course, Mojo, R:Racing Evolution, Eternal Darkness, and Universal Studios. Used that credit for NBA Street V3 for the GC. It was a display copy, though. Oh well, case is perfectly fine, and everything was included in the box, for about 25 dollars for a new copy of Street V3 is good enough for me! :D

I got around 54 dollars for all eight of the TRU games I traded in, used that credit up on Star Fox Assault and NBA Street V3, so, I picked those up for about 50 dollars out of pocket for both of them. Which is a great deal I think.

Once again, thank you OP... and EB as well.

Thanks to everyone for the positive comments about the thread; I'm glad I was able to give everyone a somewhat early heads-up. This deal, coinciding with the drop of the TRU green tag sale, has definitely proved to be the most profitable deal I've taken part in thus far.

Remember, if you haven't already, today's your last chance to clean out your collection.

I didn't encounter any jerks who wouldn't let me trade in-- all the EB workers I encountered were super-friendly. But if someone tries to BS you, here's the exact procedure: scan in game, hit F12. That's it. If they try to give you some crap about the computer not accepting it, tell them to show you the message on the credit card swiping screen (which should display the normal credit you would get).

And much respect to the OP. Best deal ever.

i gave in today and picked up

Nba street vol 3
Xenosaga vol 2 (was shocked someone turned it in already)
and sulk 4

and still got 450 bucks credit left..

(must been a problem with the Gamefly game cause this xenosaga 2 is running perfectly)

Well..I just caved in and traded a bunch of adventure games that i had already beaten and some games that i never planned on playing(XIII and vf 4 evolution)

Ended up getting DMC 3 preordered via the 5 games deal

and then traded in 6 games and received 37 bucks in trade in credit..the guy said it would've been 7 bucks for 6 games w/o the trade in deal, so i'm happy with that

Almost every game I own has been bought for 9.99 so i don't mind losing 1/3 of my investment

Thanks alot Odibil. I had all this GR credit and was able to turn it into EB credit. Now I can actually buy useful stuff at good prices.

There's one thing I learned from this promotion: Trade-in prices SUCK. I can't fathom why anyone would trade games in when you're only getting like $2 per game

I finished my trading in like 2 weeks ago. I'm so glad I found out about this deal -- thanks to this and some other trade in crap, I have $200 store credit and DMC preordered in full. Awesome.

Now Gamecrazy (Hollywood Video's answer to Blockbuster's GameRush) is givng the consumer an extra $10 bonus credit if you bring in two NON-SPORTS games.

They also added this somewhat ridiculous stipulation - you can only recieve the $10 bonus once a day. That means if you bring in 4, 6, 8, 10, etc. games a day, you only get the $10 bonus once. That means to take advantage of this, you need to bring in 2 games a day.

And I think this promotion will end at the end of March (not too sure, because the 2-3 Gamecrazy clerks didn't know either).

EB Games in Petaluma, CA

I traded in stuff that I had in my collection that I never play and or didn't like. I work at TRU so a lot of the stuff I got cheap and I guess in a way it was a cheap way to try out new games, most of the games I couldn't get into.

Full Spectrum Warrior- $11
UFC Tapout- $5.75
X-Men Next Dimension- $8.00
Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus- $7.00
Gladius- $8.00
Primal- $5.50
Oddworld: Munch's Oddessy- $6.00
True Crime: Streets of L.A- $10.00

TOTAL CREDIT: $61.25

So I used the credit to get Star Fox 64, a N64 AC Adapter, Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal, and Spy Fiction.

Woo.

Traded in the following today. All are PS2 and include the $5 bonus.

True Crime - $7
Tony Hawk 3 - $5.75
Mark of Kri - $5.75
Midway Arcade 2 - $12
Knockout Kings '02 - $6
SSX Tricky - $6.00
Kingdom Hearts - $12
Bond: Everything or Nothing - $8 (the fact that they normally only give 3 bucks for this is an absolute JOKE)
GTA: VC - $9
Smug Run 2 - $7
CapcomVsSNK2 - $12
Manhunt $8

If I hadn't done this during the promo, I would have missed out on 60 extra bucks. It's the only reason I traded in in the first place. I normally sell individually on Ebay.

With the credit I picked up Raw Vs Smackdown new, Psi-ops PO, R/C PO, and got Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 2 DVD free with the Buy 2 Get 1 free deal that also ends today.

Thanks to CAG for tipping me off to this deal.

Hey I heard from my local EB that the deal lasts until tomorrow. Can anyone confirm this? I know on the first post it says till the 27th but that's what the assistant manager told me. If he's wrong then I'm going to be pissed at the 4 leftover games I could've gotten about $27 for.

[quote name='m0rningbreakfast']Gamecrazy (Hollywood Video's answer to Blockbuster's GameRush)[/quote]

actually around here (Chicago) Gamecrazy came before Gamerush. dont know if thats acutally the case everywhere though

bread's done
Back