Dead: Evga gtx460 $89.99 7/30-7/31 - Evga changed to a gtx450

SScorpio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Looks like EVGA changed the deal or it sold out really fast but the page redirects to a GTX450. The email newsletter has also been changed and the graphic that had the GTX460 deal is no longer being shown.

I just received an email that EVGA is celebrating their 12 year anniversary and they will be selling GTX460s for $89.99 on 7/30-7/31.

While this card uses more power and runs hotter than the GTX560, it is much more powerful than anything else in the sub $100 price range and normally gets down to around $150.

http://www.evga.com/deals/

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, refreshed the EVGA page and it auto loads a Newegg 1GB 450 GTS for $130 with $40 MIR

the price is right after MIR, but nothing else matches up. ??

I just checked the original email, and the picture was a 450 gtx with the words 460 gtx under it. It's just evga being shitty at making an ad I guess.

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly sir! Bravo! /jk

It's not a horrible deal... but waiting for a MIR is the main killer for me. Plus 450GTS cards have been around the $100 mark before with MIR, so there's no "wow" factor. Now, had this been a 450GTS for $90 (no MIR) and free ship... I probably would have bought one, but only because I'm running a 9800GTX+ right now.

[quote name='teknomedic']You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly sir! Bravo! /jk

It's not a horrible deal... but waiting for a MIR is the main killer for me. Plus 450GTS cards have been around the $100 mark before with MIR, so there's no "wow" factor. Now, had this been a 450GTS for $90 (no MIR) and free ship... I probably would have bought one, but only because I'm running a 9800GTX+ right now.[/QUOTE]

That's not worth the upgrade at all even if it was $90 out the door.

Yes and no... for that price I'd get a little boost, but would also add DX11 and be able to use my 9800 as the Physx card

Again, not a horrible deal... just not that great.

I stayed up for this... and this is what I get?

WTF EVGA... I am going to complain through an email that it was false advertisement, perhaps I can get CS to give the 460 to me for the same price.

who the hell buys a graphics card that costs as much or more expensive than an xbox 360 which on Black Friday often sells for like $99 bucks??

imagine payng $500-$1000 just to upgrade your gpu yearly. what a total waste of money.

-The Horse

I need to build a computer this year, was thinking in a few months.

Never had before, so pretty new to the whole thing. Was looking at the 560 gtx. Again, total noob, but is this better than that only from a price standpoint? Figured lower number = weaker, but pretty clueless about this whole thing.

[quote name='Neg']I need to build a computer this year, was thinking in a few months.

Never had before, so pretty new to the whole thing. Was looking at the 560 gtx. Again, total noob, but is this better than that only from a price standpoint? Figured lower number = weaker, but pretty clueless about this whole thing.[/QUOTE]

If you really want to learn about GPUs (and PCs in general)... this isn't the place. Checkout places like...
http://www.tomshardware.com
http://www.anandtech.com
http://www.overclockers.com
http://www.hardcoreware.net

also, in general if you google "vid card A vs vid card B" you will generally get a good idea of which is better. There are also "CPU Charts" or "GPU charts" etc that will usually compare various cards, cpus, motherboards, etc.

Read the reviews and ask questions in the forums of the above places and you'll be on a fine road to building your own. ;)

[quote name='horseborse']who the hell buys a graphics card that costs as much or more expensive than an xbox 360 which on black friday often sells for like $99 bucks??

Imagine payng $500-$1000 just to upgrade your gpu yearly. What a total waste of money.

-the horse[/quote]

Why do you care what other people do with THEIR money? STFU.

[quote name='Neg']I need to build a computer this year, was thinking in a few months.

Never had before, so pretty new to the whole thing. Was looking at the 560 gtx. Again, total noob, but is this better than that only from a price standpoint? Figured lower number = weaker, but pretty clueless about this whole thing.[/QUOTE]

It depends on what resolution you want to sport. If you aren't going higher than 1080p then a 460 is plenty powerful and probably an incredible value.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432590

All you need to know.

wow that is horrendous bait and switch if they changed it to a gts 450 (thats like 2 tiers lower on the tomshardware chart). also a 2gb 460 at 110 isnt bad but not really a deal, they really should be getting under 100 now.

[quote name='gokou36']lol this is funny. Wasn't going to get it anyways because EVGA cards just suck imo.[/QUOTE]

You do know that the majority of all video cards are exactly the same, right? Nvidia makes the cards, and companies like EVGA and MSI just slap their logos on them.
If anything, I'd say EVGA is one of the best distributors of reference cards, due to their lifetime warranty and customer service.

450 is weaker then 560 1 number is generation last 2 number is quality each generation has higher mhz but dont make it better 460 is better then 550 cuz 60 beats 50

Just FYI, this card is not very good. You won't be able to play modern games maxed out with just one of these cards. Even 2 of them in SLI would struggle to max out some really high graphic games. My 8800 GTS g92 from 2007 outperforms this GTS 450.

[quote name='VanillaCena']You do know that the majority of all video cards are exactly the same, right? Nvidia makes the cards, and companies like EVGA and MSI just slap their logos on them.
If anything, I'd say EVGA is one of the best distributors of reference cards, due to their lifetime warranty and customer service.[/QUOTE]

You are wrong, not all cards are the same. Look at their fans fool. Not all of them made the same way, why do you think there might be a problem with brand x but not the other brand?

[quote name='CACG']Just FYI, this card is not very good. You won't be able to play modern games maxed out with just one of these cards. Even 2 of them in SLI would struggle to max out some really high graphic games. My 8800 GTS g92 from 2007 outperforms this GTS 450.[/QUOTE]

It's about 2/3 as powerful as the 460 according to anandtech bench, pretty sure it would still beat an old 8800 gts.

[quote name='runsongas']It's about 2/3 as powerful as the 460 according to anandtech bench, pretty sure it would still beat an old 8800 gts.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming you are confusing my model with a g80. The g92 destroys g80.

even a g92 core doesn't matter, the g92 series heirarchy is
8800 gts < 9800 gtx < gts 250
the 450 gts is faster than the 250, there is no reason why an old 8800 gts would be faster

[quote name='gokou36']You are wrong, not all cards are the same. Look at their fans fool. Not all of them made the same way, why do you think there might be a problem with brand x but not the other brand?[/QUOTE]

Reference vs. non-reference cards. Please educate yourself a little before laying your hands on a keyboard again.

[quote name='VanillaCena']Reference vs. non-reference cards. Please educate yourself a little before laying your hands on a keyboard again.[/QUOTE]

Might want to educate yourself on EVGA's 3 year warranty as well...same as other manufacturers.

[quote name='gokou36']Might want to educate yourself on EVGA's 3 year warranty as well...same as other manufacturers.[/QUOTE]

http://www.evga.com/support/warranty/
An EVGA product contains a suffix used to identify the warranty. As an example: 130-SB-E675-KR shows -KR for the suffix. This example can be used for all EVGA part numbers when referencing the suffix.

All -KR products purchased ON or AFTER January 1st, 2011 include a 3 year limited warranty from the date of purchase. Registration is recommended. Optional Extended Warranty and Step-Up™ eligibility are offered for purchase upon product registration of a -KR part number within 30 days of the purchase date.
This includes the following suffixes: -K1, -K2, -KR
Products purchased ON or AFTER November 1, 2006 MUST be registered within 30 days of the ORIGINAL DATE OF PURCHASE to receive EVGA's Free Extended Warranty. All products not registered within 30 days will ONLY receive a 1 year limited warranty. Refer to the following suffix guide to identify the length of your warranty:
Limited Lifetime: -A1, -A2, -A3, -A4, -AR, -AX, -CR, -CX, -DX, -FR, -FX, -SG, -SX
Limited 5 Year: -GR
Limited 3 Year: -K1, -K2, -KR (Before 1/1/11)
Limited 2 Year: -LA, -LE, -LR, -LX, -T1, -T2, -TR, -TX
Limited 1 Year: -B1, -BR, -BX, -DR
Limited 90 Day: -RX (Recertified parts)

You are retarded. Lifetime warranty is meaningless in videocards since they come and go just like that. You won't see the same videocard still being made 3 years down the line.

[quote name='Demon Soul']Was anybody able to get the gtx 460 at $89.99 or was it the wrong model the whole time?[/QUOTE]

Nope it was a mistake on their part. How they didn't catch it from the 28th until it went live was just a bullshit excuse by them.

[quote name='Demon Soul']Was anybody able to get the gtx 460 at $89.99 or was it the wrong model the whole time?[/QUOTE]

No, the deal got changed when it actually went live. I think the info that it was a 460 was from an email.

Also, lifetime warranties probably aren't really more useful than a 3 to 5 year (who wants to pay 10 bucks to ship back an old vid card thats only worth like 25 bucks and get a refurb that probably will break in another month). Expired models can work in your favor though. Zotac shipped me a gts 250 when my old 8800 broke.

[quote name='gokou36']You are retarded. Lifetime warranty is meaningless in videocards since they come and go just like that. You won't see the same videocard still being made 3 years down the line.[/QUOTE]

Apparently you can't read.

Replacement and Refund:

Products sent in for RMA will be repaired or replaced with a product of equal or greater performance if an exact replacement is not available.

I recently RMAed my GTX 260, and recieved a GTX 460 in return.
Go EVGA!

[quote name='gokou36']You are retarded. Lifetime warranty is meaningless in videocards since they come and go just like that. You won't see the same videocard still being made 3 years down the line.
[/QUOTE]

Lifetime warranties are worth it, EVGA replaced my friend's GTX 295 with a 570 when his broke.

[quote name='gokou36']You are retarded. Lifetime warranty is meaningless in videocards since they come and go just like that. You won't see the same videocard still being made 3 years down the line.

Nope it was a mistake on their part. How they didn't catch it from the 28th until it went live was just a bullshit excuse by them.[/QUOTE]
Its a tier system.
Whatever the equivalent of your broken card is in the new series of cards is what you get.
Stop acting like a dick.

Nope it was a mistake on their part. How they didn't catch it from the 28th until it went live was just a bullshit excuse by them.[/QUOTE]
You've got to be trolling because you're not making any sense. The chips on a line of cards are all the same, the fans and fan guards may be different, but it is the same card across the board. Some may be overclocked, and if you were to buy an overclocked card I hope it'd an EVGA. Their replacement program is tremendous, as is their step up program. Any warranty that extends beyond 90 days for any type of intensely used hardware is fantastic. I had 2 of their 9800GX2 cards and they were/are great. This is not the thread to act like you know what you're talking about, we know more than you.

[quote name='VanillaCena']Apparently you can't read.

I recently RMAed my GTX 260, and recieved a GTX 460 in return.
Go EVGA![/QUOTE]

Can the two of you stop attacking each other out in public and just take it into an inbox battle?

And in this day in you would still use the word "retarded" as an insult? Seriously?

Regardless, this deal is basically null since it is no longer the 460. 450 would be okay for HTPC, but the heat issue with the 4 series fermis is a little annoying; not impossible, but just annoying.

[quote name='Finch106']You've got to be trolling because you're not making any sense. The chips on a line of cards are all the same, the fans and fan guards may be different, but it is the same card across the board. Some may be overclocked, and if you were to buy an overclocked card I hope it'd an EVGA. Their replacement program is tremendous, as is their step up program. Any warranty that extends beyond 90 days for any type of intensely used hardware is fantastic. I had 2 of their 9800GX2 cards and they were/are great. This is not the thread to act like you know what you're talking about, we know more than you.[/QUOTE]

Nope, different companies are built differently, no matter how you try to spin it. Why do you think people would rather have a PS3 built in Japan than *Made in China*? Oh hey, you just proved my point that they all aren't built the same with that fan comment. Oh btw, QA is also different.

The point is that they are all the same grqphic chipset, the difference is a sticker or fan cover, the same idea as the original NES and the top loading NES. It was the same system inside.

bread's done
Back