[DEAD]Expired BestBuy August @Gamer Magazine coupons

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
LAST WEEK COUPONS EXPIRE this Saturday 8/27
Page 84 has a barcode to scan for in-store sub
Coupons valid 6/30-8/27 Batman Arkham City is the cover
$5 single issue, $15 yearly sub of 10 issues not 12(2 months coupons overlaps like this current issue)
Here's the link to the @gamer mag site if you need assistance on tracking your subs email them & if there's an error on their end they'll credit you on the back end with more issues. Their also on Twitter & facebook.
https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/IM/GMR/c...id=1311428443197&lsid=12040840271037193&vid=2
https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/IM/GMR/G...id=1311428755626&lsid=12040840271037193&vid=3

link provided for those who still have issues getting stores to allow the coupons to stack, BB Corp response
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Gamer-Coupons-question/td-p/307388

BB Corp response to getting GoW triple pack for FREE not $9.99
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Gamer-Coupons-question/td-p/307388/page/2

FYI:For those not able to find TDU2 in stock...if your a RZ silver member give the sku to a BB personal shopper & let them track down a copy for you IT'S FREE.

****The coupons stack w/SALES PRICES****
****Price Matching DOES NOT STACK w/@gamer coupons****
****Even my VERY VERY generous local BB's will say no 1 or the other****

So when a $60 game like Dungeon Siege goes on sale for $40 stacking the coupon makes the final price $25. I'll update the OP as sales change & the title will reflect the lowest price AFTER COUPON has been taken off.

$10 off Test Drive Unlimited 2($20 after coupon)
$15 off Dungeon Siege III($45 after coupon)
$5 off ANY Stategy guide
$15 off Resistance/Resistance 2 double pack($25 after coupon)
$15 off Xbox live Gold 12 month starter kit($60 after coupon)
$30 off turtle beach headset DX11(On sale for $110, $80 after coupon)
$20 off Gears of War Triple pack when you ALSO pre-order($5) Gears of War III(this stacks with the $100 RZ offer)Total purchase should be $5 + tax after coupon
$10 off Sims 3 Generations[PC]($30 after coupon)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='boneless']I posted this question in next week's ad sticky but maybe one of you guys know. Next week any guide $19.99 or higher is $10 off. Can we stack the $5 coupon with that?[/QUOTE]Yep

Ps3. It's not one of those expensive wheels with the peddles. Cheaper Logitech with the paddles on the wheel ... still awesome regardless.[quote name='bgame2']Are you using the :ps3: or :360: version? I have the 360 wheel but picked up the :ps3: version of the game.[/QUOTE]

no luck on tdu 2, but picked up ds3 and used the mag coup.

whats funny is... i looked at my receipt and apparently the cashier forgot to
scan the mag, sooooo i saved 5 bucks lol

[quote name='ckim85']no luck on tdu 2, but picked up ds3 and used the mag coup.

whats funny is... i looked at my receipt and apparently the cashier forgot to
scan the mag, sooooo i saved 5 bucks lol[/QUOTE]

Cashier almost did the same thing with me, except I reminded her I hadn't paid for it yet O:)

Have a cashier scan page 84 bar-code from the mag and get 10 issues for 15 bucks. Already got my 15 back and then some with the coupons from this issue alone. TDU2 is absolutely a horrible game, but if you get it for 10 you can play it to experience the horridness for yourself, then sell it off for a profit.

How do people feel about the turtle beach headset DX11?
Reg price $130 but you can get 20% off using the current accessory deal & that should stack with the $30 off coupon. So $75 for this headset?

Had to call today to find out my first issue will be the September issue so I will have to buy the current mag to get the TDU2 and DS3 coupons. Any search I do seems to come up empty for TDU2 though. DS3 was labelled on sale as 30 so it would be 15 if they honor it. The cust rep on the phone said for me to expect the September issue on August 6th or after so there will be a few weeks of overlapping coupons. . .

so i signed up for the sub back when they had dragon age 2 for cheap but stil havent gotten an issue.

how do i go about fixing this?
any clues?

Is T2D really good? $10 for a game is an amazing price. I'm definitely thinking of getting the gears of war deal.

[quote name='chimpian']so i signed up for the sub back when they had dragon age 2 for cheap but stil havent gotten an issue.

any clues?

Same here!!!

[quote name='chimpian']so i signed up for the sub back when they had dragon age 2 for cheap but stil havent gotten an issue.

any clues?
thanks :)[/QUOTE]takes 4-6 weeks to recieve your 1st issue after your sub has been PROCESSED & it would need to be in the upcoming mags cycle. Your 1st issue should be in late August for the coupons valid starting in Sept.
You can contact CS here to confirm
https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/IM/GMR/c...id=1311428443197&lsid=12040840271037193&vid=2

any clues?
thanks :)[/QUOTE]Call 800-678-3643. Took about five minutes to find out which magazine I'd receive first. If you haven't gotten the latest mag I'd say you're like me and you'll start with the Sept issue around Aug 6th. Doesn't hurt to call and make sure your order didn't get jacked up.

So I can go to Best Buy, get the year subscription code scanned on page whatever at the back of the magazine, use the coupon in there, and buy Dungeon Siege 3 and get it all for $40 + tax, correct? Does it have to be done in seperate transactions?

had another cag mail me the DS3 coupon... used it today with no hitch... cashier was like... "$26.XX", woah, cool"

If this was already asked I'm sorry, but What happens when you do the Gears coupon and want to cancel the preorder(I have the CE fully paid at GS)

[quote name='MSUHitman']So I can go to Best Buy, get the year subscription code scanned on page whatever at the back of the magazine, use the coupon in there, and buy Dungeon Siege 3 and get it all for $40 + tax, correct? Does it have to be done in seperate transactions?[/QUOTE]You got it, should be 1 transaction unless the cashier is an @ss.

[quote name='JCDogg911']If this was already asked I'm sorry, but What happens when you do the Gears coupon and want to cancel the preorder(I have the CE fully paid at GS)[/QUOTE]just cancel the pre-order there's no penalty...yet. Lol

[quote name='jdawgg76']Call 800-678-3643. Took about five minutes to find out which magazine I'd receive first. If you haven't gotten the latest mag I'd say you're like me and you'll start with the Sept issue around Aug 6th. Doesn't hurt to call and make sure your order didn't get jacked up.[/QUOTE]

Yikes. I called and they don't have any record of my subscription. They told me I have to go take care of it at the BB where I subscribed.

[quote name='LordSMVS']Yikes. I called and they don't have any record of my subscription. They told me I have to go take care of it at the BB where I subscribed.[/QUOTE]

I posted this exact experience about a week ago. That said, after hearing both versions of the situation, I actually believed Best Buy. The magazine people told the best buy rep a different story than what they told me. That made them less credible to me.

Is anyone actually having luck getting a $19.99 guide for $4.99 with the -$10.00 and $5 coupon? I've tried two Best Buys and neither of them let it happen.

At both, the guides scanned at full price and they had to do a price adjust, which made the coupon not work. They wouldn't budge when I asked if they could adjust it again. I am disapointed. :(

[quote name='Luuc']Is anyone actually having luck getting a $19.99 guide for $4.99 with the -$10.00 and $5 coupon? I've tried two Best Buys and neither of them let it happen.

At both, the guides scanned at full price and they had to do a price adjust, which made the coupon not work. They wouldn't budge when I asked if they could adjust it again. I am disapointed. :([/QUOTE]

had this work yesterday...picked up dragon quest VI guide...rang up 9.99 and coupon took off $5, no problems or questions asked

[quote name='themightypencil']had this work yesterday...picked up dragon quest VI guide...rang up 9.99 and coupon took off $5, no problems or questions asked[/QUOTE]

Can others confirm this has been updated from sunday to work? I'd hate to go there and not have the coupon stack. And is the website current? Some guides are $14.99 while others are $9.99. DAO 2 is $14.99 and I can't remember if the original MSRP ws $24.99

quick question about BB return policy - figured I'd ask here since it's active and a BB thread.

I had bought a TV 2 weeks ago and today I got those premier silver coupons for spend x get x in gift cards. My question is that can I do a return/rebuy with the coupon and will it work?

[quote name='DIMONDA85']quick question about BB return policy - figured I'd ask here since it's active and a BB thread.

I had bought a TV 2 weeks ago and today I got those premier silver coupons for spend x get x in gift cards. My question is that can I do a return/rebuy with the coupon and will it work?[/QUOTE]

If your bb isnt too far out of the way, I would just go in there with your coupon and receipt and ask for an adjustment at customer service, they should just do it.....but if not, you'll have to lug the tv back and return it. They have eliminated restocking fees so you shouldn't have any problems, and with you being a silver member, you have 45 day return policy on all items.

Yeah, you should be able to get the GC for that TV pretty easily. I bought a 3D TV bundle last fall, then 3-4 weeks later, they advertised the exact same bundle for about $75 less in the ad. They tried to give me the runaround, but you just have to play hardball, especially if you are RZ silver. I just went in with my receipt and the new ad, stated the extended return policy and no restocking fees for Silver, and told them I would be happy to accept the difference on a GC; if they wouldn't do it, I told them I would simply return the TV I had for almost a month, and rebuy the exact bundle for a lower price, then I would have a month newer TV and they would be stuck with an open box model to return. Needless to say, after wrangling with them for about an hour or so, I left with the GC.

[quote name='boneless']Can others confirm this has been updated from sunday to work? I'd hate to go there and not have the coupon stack. And is the website current? Some guides are $14.99 while others are $9.99. DAO 2 is $14.99 and I can't remember if the original MSRP ws $24.99[/QUOTE]

I've experienced both. Sunday I picked up the MK9 guide, rand up 9.99 and coupon knocked it to 4.99 no issue whatsoever. I went back last night to grab the only Borderlands GOTY Hardcover guide the had and it only applied some 15% discount to its 29.99 MSRP bringing it to 25 something and they had trouble even overiding that to bring it to 20. After a bit of a wait someone finally approved it. Luckily I didn't have another coupon to add to the trouble.

Just got back from BB and with unexpected results. They easily did a return/rebuy without me having to lug the TV.

I got the $50 GC and the kicker is when I got home and looking through the receipts they also refunded my RZ points to my account.

Normally I'd assume they would deduct it from the rebuy but all she did was a manual price change to match the initial purchase.

So in the end I got an $800 Sony LED TV on sale for $600 and after all the points and GC's wound up costing me $440!

[quote name='Luuc']Is anyone actually having luck getting a $19.99 guide for $4.99 with the -$10.00 and $5 coupon? I've tried two Best Buys and neither of them let it happen.

At both, the guides scanned at full price and they had to do a price adjust, which made the coupon not work. They wouldn't budge when I asked if they could adjust it again. I am disapointed. :([/QUOTE]

This is working for most of the guides now. However, Dead Space 2 doesn't ring up properly for example. However, most of them do ring up for $9.99 and then you can take the $5 coupon off automatically with no problem. I was able to use my one coupon several times but eventually one of the cashiers told me I needed to give it to them. Since today is the last day for the guide sale, I'm really wishing I had scanned those coupon pages!

Anyways, yes, this should work until the end of the day today with no problems.

[quote name='Ramandur']Gears of War triple pack shows 19.99 online. If its the same in store this week should be free with preorder using the coupon[/QUOTE]

Maybe I should move my unused NCAA preorder to GoW :)

Also, for those of you that haven't looked, the DX11 set should be $69.99 AC this week... Not bad for a set of TB headphones AND the DSS 7.1 unit... The regular price is 129.99. Sale price this week is 99.99... Coupon is for $30 off.

[quote name='hellmutt']This is working for most of the guides now. However, Dead Space 2 doesn't ring up properly for example. However, most of them do ring up for $9.99 and then you can take the $5 coupon off automatically with no problem. I was able to use my one coupon several times but eventually one of the cashiers told me I needed to give it to them. Since today is the last day for the guide sale, I'm really wishing I had scanned those coupon pages!

Anyways, yes, this should work until the end of the day today with no problems.[/QUOTE]

The cashiers at my local Best Buy are sticklers for the rules. The first time I tried using a coupon straight out of the magazine the lady wouldn't even scan anything until it was ripped out of the magazine. I've also heard the term "double-dipping" more times than I can count. :bomb: But scanning would have been a good idea and a little less sketchy... wish I'd thought of that...

Back to the point: The coupon finally worked for me. I ended up getting the InFAMOUS 2 guide and a Dungeon Siege 3 guide using my coupon as well as a friend's, both for $5.00. :bouncy:

Funny thing, I did actually try and use it on Dead Space 2 to begin with. No wonder I was having trouble. :/

I like the fact that I hear a lot of people have luck with their coupons and sale prices. I have had no such luck. My BB sucks for stuff like that. I tried to get 2 guides last week and no luck with either of them. I'm going to try this week for the headphones and maybe gears.....

[quote name='spidey35']I like the fact that I hear a lot of people have luck with their coupons and sale prices. I have had no such luck. My BB sucks for stuff like that. I tried to get 2 guides last week and no luck with either of them. I'm going to try this week for the headphones and maybe gears.....[/QUOTE]are they scanning them?

Anyone want to tell me if the DX11 are worth the hefty price tag? How much better are they than any other headset?

so does the gears coupon say on it that you only ge t 20 off with a preorder? I do not have one so im not sure on the wording

[quote name='karyadi']Anyone want to tell me if the DX11 are worth the hefty price tag? How much better are they than any other headset?[/QUOTE]

It's not the DX11, per se. It's the fact that you get the DSS processor (which is $70 at Amazon) AND a set of X11's, which are great headphones, for $70. It's a pretty damn good deal.

I'm a new subscriber, when I signed up they gave me the newest issue in store (Batman cover) and it says July/August. So the next @Gamer mag should be in September?

[quote name='AdmrlBalls']I'm a new subscriber, when I signed up they gave me the newest issue in store (Batman cover) and it says July/August. So the next @Gamer mag should be in September?[/QUOTE]

That would be correct. Very late August at the earliest as the coupons in the current issue expire.

I just picked up the the DX11s today. I won't be using them until late August though so I hope nothing goes wrong. Awesome deal. BTW GoW for free didn't work for me. System marks it down to $10.

Anyone been able to PM a previously bought copy of GoW3pack? I understand that buying it now still makes it $9.99, was just wondering if they would take off the $10 for the price drop since I bought it at $30 2 weeks ago (used the $20 off w preorder) so since it dropped $10 in price anyone able to successfully get it for free after a pm?

[quote name='Taboner']I just picked up the the DX11s today. I won't be using them until late August though so I hope nothing goes wrong. Awesome deal. BTW GoW for free didn't work for me. System marks it down to $10.[/QUOTE]

DX11 is great, no doubt about that. But I guarantee that the wires will annoy you

[quote name='Ramandur']Gears of War triple pack shows 19.99 online. If its the same in store this week should be free with preorder using the coupon[/QUOTE]Yes, but make sure you follow the coupon requirements & pre-order the game. It's easier to adjust to $5 & not free.

[quote name='bredbu']so does the gears coupon say on it that you only ge t 20 off with a preorder? I do not have one so im not sure on the wording[/QUOTE]the OP is exactly worded like the coupon you must pre-order & purchase on the same receipt for $20 off making the game $9.99 when it's regularly priced. So let them scan everything 1st & tell them it's not $20 off. If the try the coupons don't stack w/sale prices show them their wrong by using the dungeon siege III coupon as an example.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Anyone been able to PM a previously bought copy of GoW3pack? I understand that buying it now still makes it $9.99, was just wondering if they would take off the $10 for the price drop since I bought it at $30 2 weeks ago (used the $20 off w preorder) so since it dropped $10 in price anyone able to successfully get it for free after a pm?[/QUOTE]you may req. a return/rebuy b/c it's so many moving parts although this would req. you to show them using another coupon.

[quote name='giantqtipz']DX11 is great, no doubt about that. But I guarantee that the wires will annoy you[/QUOTE]

Yeah they really are annoying, but I've owned previous wireless models and that static is just disgusting. I love them so far. And my future desk setup should work well with them.

bread's done
Back