(DEAD) Firefly: The Complete Series BLU $25.00 fsss

Is this as cheap as it has ever been? I got Serenity for like $5 a few weeks back and now I need to get the series that started it all to justify that purchase, hah.

[quote name='supershammy']Is this as cheap as it has ever been? I got Serenity for like $5 a few weeks back and now I need to get the series that started it all to justify that purchase, hah.[/QUOTE]

Where did you get Serenity for 5 at?

[quote name='typical guy']Where did you get Serenity for 5 at?[/QUOTE]

It was part of an Amazon "buy X amount get X amount off" deal, so after the total value was calculated including deduction it came to a little over $5.

[quote name='supershammy']Is this as cheap as it has ever been? I got Serenity for like $5 a few weeks back and now I need to get the series that started it all to justify that purchase, hah.[/QUOTE]

Yes, cheapest previous price was $27.99 in March sale when I got it.

Personally i find the star trek next generation deal to be better just because this has hit a similar price before where as i've never seen TNG for that cheap. Still this is a must buy for anyone who doesnt own it.

[quote name='RoboPhish']I own the dvd already.....so tempted for the blu-ray version. Someone convince me![/QUOTE]

Oh Cmon... Cmon... do it ;)

[quote name='RoboPhish']I own the dvd already.....so tempted for the blu-ray version. Someone convince me![/QUOTE]

I also own the DVD. I'm buying it for $25 and doing Amazon trade in for my DVD set. You can get $10.50 Amazon credit for it right now. How's that for convincing? That's a net upgrade price of $14.50. Go Go Go before the trade in value dips!

[quote name='BuckinKaeding']Just get the DVD, the Blu-Ray transfer isn't the greatest.

The DVD gets down to $10 every now and then.

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1271/firefly.html[/QUOTE]

Did you even read the review? It states the bluray quality is superior to the dvd in every way.

"While artifacting and low-light noise haven’t disappeared altogether (and make appearances on a fairly regular basis), ‘Firefly’s image is much cleaner than it is on DVD. "

"‘Firefly’s transfer is as technically polished as I expected it to be (the only way it could be drastically improved is if Fox went back to the drawing board and crafted new special effects sequences from scratch) and, for the most part, looks much better than it did on standard DVD."

[quote name='typical guy']I also own the DVD. I'm buying it for $25 and doing Amazon trade in for my DVD set. You can get $10.50 Amazon credit for it right now. How's that for convincing? That's a net upgrade price of $14.50. Go Go Go before the trade in value dips![/QUOTE]

Thats what I needed! Along with looking at the reviews for the blu-ray version, its done and bought. Another great deal.

[quote name='Brian9824']Did you even read the review? It states the bluray quality is superior to the dvd in every way.

"While artifacting and low-light noise haven’t disappeared altogether (and make appearances on a fairly regular basis), ‘Firefly’s image is much cleaner than it is on DVD. "

"‘Firefly’s transfer is as technically polished as I expected it to be (the only way it could be drastically improved is if Fox went back to the drawing board and crafted new special effects sequences from scratch) and, for the most part, looks much better than it did on standard DVD."[/QUOTE]

Of course I read it.

Even though the quality is better, its not that much greater. I've seen both in person, and its not worth the upgrade for me.

I owned both and they're about the same quality. I prefer the Blu-Ray cause I like being a dick about things, lol.

[quote name='Cloyd']I owned both and they're about the same quality. I prefer the Blu-Ray cause I like being a dick about things, lol.[/QUOTE]
Now I'm going to be a dick. ;) You and BuckinKaeding need new systems. I own both and it's night and day between the blu and the dvds. The colors are so much better on the blus, and overall it just looks better. The audio isn't even close - the blus blow the dvds away.

I own it on DVD and Blu and I actually noticed a difference between them which i usually can't. I advise everyone buy this.

[quote name='abhinav']I own it on DVD and Blu and I actually noticed a difference between them which i usually can't. I advise everyone buy this.[/QUOTE]

They also gave the series a nice audio upgrade for the Blu-Ray Release.

I've passed on this each time it's gone cheap. Mainly because I have yet to even open the packaging on my DVD copy. I'll probably just watch it on Netflix instant steaming some day.

FINALLY! I've been waiting for the BR to be on sale for a while...never watched the show or the film, but I've been meaning to pick it up, just had to wait for a reasonable price.

Thanks, OP!

[quote name='typical guy']Where did you get Serenity for 5 at?[/QUOTE]

Best Buy also had that buy 2 qualifying Blus for $20 and get a $15 GC free deal. I got Serenity and Wanted.

Bought it! My gohastings.com order was cancelled when I tried to get it a few weeks ago for just around 25$ or so (used), so this is a stellar deal! :) Thanks OP! :D

[quote name='simmias']Now I'm going to be a dick. ;) You and BuckinKaeding need new systems. I own both and it's night and day between the blu and the dvds. The colors are so much better on the blus, and overall it just looks better. The audio isn't even close - the blus blow the dvds away.[/QUOTE]

You Dick! Lol, all kidding aside I went back and did a compare and contrast and they do look much better. I'm just running a PS3 with a 32" Vizio, but the Blu Ray was starkly better than I had remembered.

[quote name='BobaFetish']Dead[/QUOTE]

Dude... the OP started this last month... it was a one day deal... I got excited until I read the dates of the posts

[quote name='zman73']Dude... the OP started this last month... it was a one day deal... I got excited until I read the dates of the posts[/QUOTE]

It was actually the DOTW but yea it was posted some time ago.

And you're welcome to everyone that took advantage of the deal!

bread's done
Back