[DEAD] FREE Game from Origin - Dragon Age: Origins, BF:BC2, Spore - Check your email!

DirkBelig

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Just got this in the email:

It's the one-year anniversary of Origin, and we want to thank you for being part of our community. Enjoy a complimentary game download* on us—just pick which one you want and follow the instructions to get your game!
120615_Origin_Anniv_img2.jpg

1. Log in to the Origin gaming app from your desktop.
2. Use the search bar to choose your favorite game from Dragon Age: Origins, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and Spore.
3. Add the game to your cart.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page, click “Enter Promo Code” and enter the following promo code:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

*Offer expires June 23, 2012 at 10:00 PM PDT. Valid for new purchases of PC Digital versions of Dragon Age: Origins, Battlefield Bad Company 2, or Spore (each a "product") only from the Origin Client Software (www.origin.com/about). Valid only in the U.S. and Canada. Limit one per person. Subject to availability. Cannot be combined with any other offer, gift card, rebate or other discount coupons.

I'll be getting DA:O.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kujen']I tried to use it, was invalid or lurked by someone[/QUOTE]

Okay thanks. I will remove it then. I had it in my email for days and was going to just let it expire but thought it a waste so I shared. Oh well.

[quote name='TheGuardianWolf']Someone's probably already done this, but I didn't feel like reading the whole thread. So I contacted support and asked what were the qualifications for getting one. She said none, that they were sent out randomly. I then asked if she could give me one manually, and she said she couldn't.

Oh werll, it was worth a shot, anyway. :lol:

I just realized I already own all of these titles already, though. o_o But I'm not sure how many Spore activations I have left... probably 2... or wait, does Origin change that problem?[/QUOTE]

I asked support basically the same question and the one I had told me there was really no way to know who got one and who didn't, but then all of a sudden they said my request was going to be sent up to a higher level where they can help with my request. A day later and they "re-sent" it (I never got it before) to my account! YMMV I guess.

[quote name='aspower']Got a Happy Birthday, save 25 % but no free game.[/QUOTE]
yeah i got this code but not happy birthday code
wodner if it has to do with one another

[quote name='Eurasia21xx']guess ill ask too. 5 bucks, a code? Its working for them, why not me.[/QUOTE]

PM'd you

Little bit bummed I didn't get a code. I bought from Origin before Origin was Origin.

Of course, i complain about their store whenever i can.:whistle2:\":lol:

In the same boat. I already have BC2 and DA from the stellar Amazon sales.
I really dont believe I will like Spore at all....

$5 via paypal via gift sound fair for the code?

PM if interested.

If no takers by tonight, I will just gamble on Spore I suppose.

Thanks!

Gone - thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
i couldn't get the code working. logged into origin on the desktop, added spore to cart, input the code in the promo code bar, and its telling me invalid code. Dang my luck

[quote name='Eurasia21xx']i couldn't get the code working. logged into origin on the desktop, added spore to cart, input the code in the promo code bar, and its telling me invalid code. Dang my luck[/QUOTE]

Did you buy the code or did you receive the email?

I'm concerned that these might be tied to the the Origin accounts email address....

Thoughts anyone?

[quote name='jester55']Did you buy the code or did you receive the email?

I'm concerned that these might be tied to the the Origin accounts email address....

Thoughts anyone?[/QUOTE]

I got it from one of the guys here who pmed me. Though i saw other people using other people's code, so i don't think that's it.

[quote name='jester55']Did you buy the code or did you receive the email?

Thoughts anyone?[/QUOTE]

I was just trying to give the code to my friend. He also got the invalid code message when he tried to "buy" Spore.

So is nobody gonna drop codes now that people are offering $? :p
Willing to take any extra code if they don't find homes by tonight lol

The codes are tradable by the way, but it would seem that more than a few people received invalid codes from EA, that won't work even when redeeming them the proper way.

i'ma talk to the guy who gave me the code. if its not working, then i gotta let him know.

Anyone else willing to give a code? hopefully i can get it before it ends tonight x.x

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I got two codes to two emails and both won't work and are showing invalid... fail by ea.[/QUOTE]

Thats awful indeed -_- well now i know.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I got two codes to two emails and both won't work and are showing invalid... fail by ea.[/QUOTE]

my code doesn't work either, I thought they didn't expire until tonight

[quote name='LazyTriangle']my code doesn't work either, I thought they didn't expire until tonight[/QUOTE]

I'm now thinking they expired 10 AM PDT instead of the 10 PM PDT as stated in the email.

[quote name='Sway']I'm now thinking they expired 10 AM PDT instead of the 10 PM PDT as stated in the email.[/QUOTE]

Could be! Although I've read in previous days a few people whose codes didn't work, there seem to be a lot more getting invalid codes today.

Update. I contacted EA Chat Support and the rep was extremely helpful and gave me a Spore product activation key to add to my account, so give it a try, be nice, but as always YMMV.

Sucks I've had Origin forever and didn't get it unless it went to my spam... I never actually check spam just delete it.
Checked my father in laws which has origin also and he didn't get it.
My brother did though :(

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Update. I contacted EA Chat Support and the rep was extremely helpful and gave me a Spore product activation key to add to my account, so give it a try, be nice, but as always YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update. I was in the middle of a chat session with them and they tried to put me on hold to correct the issue supposedly - then I got booted. Hopefully it was just an accident. I'm trying again as we speak. Hopefully I have a similar outcome...

even a $60 brand new free game that I wanted wouldn't be enough to get me to install that junkware on my system.

Wow - the chat rep I got was simply stellar! he gave me a code to activate the game for my friend!
thanks - CheapLikeAFox

FYI - they know the codes arent working correctly so you better contact them ASAP if you want to sort this out. The rep told me that they are making it right by adding or giving the game to us directly.

I did not receive the code either. I have not downloaded anything from them though. So I am downloading a few things now to see if I get an email.

[quote name='xcelr8r']I did not receive the code either. I have not downloaded anything from them though. So I am downloading a few things now to see if I get an email.[/QUOTE]
I had the client downloaded but I had no games, and I got a code.

I used mine on Spore because I don't think the other games would run well on my laptop.

Thanks to the OP for posting this. I deleted the email thinking it was just some EA spam. Thank goodness for the deleted folder.

So it truly is just a crapshoot when it comes to whether or not you get a code?

I'm not too worried about it, although I have three games on Origin (Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition, Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition, Dragon Age II) and never received an email. To be honest, I'd probably never play Battlefield or Spore, anyway, so enjoy your codes, you lucky guys.

[quote name='jester55']Why does Origin\EA keep shooting themselves in the foot with these continued fails?

no wonder so many hate them...[/QUOTE]
:roll:

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Update. I contacted EA Chat Support and the rep was extremely helpful and gave me a Spore product activation key to add to my account, so give it a try, be nice, but as always YMMV.[/QUOTE]

did you contact them through the live chat in the Origin client or through a web browser? I tried through the web browser earlier today but the option is grayed out and I can't click on it. I tried through the client and there is
a 200+ minute wait just to chat with an representative, lol EA you fail once again

You have a decent chance of getting one of the free games through EA's live support.. but it's always a crapshoot. I had no problems getting Crysis activated on Origin the first attempt I made contacting their support.. but my friend had to go through over 5 reps just to get Mass Effect activated. It's always going to vary, half of their support reps probably have no idea what they're doing.

That queue was definitely exaggerated for me. I started at 190ish minutes and about 90 minutes later I was talking to a rep. Still way longer than I'd like to wait but fortunately you don't need to babysit the chat. I explained the problem, gave my email and was asked what game I wanted. Another 10 minutes later Bad Company 2 was in my library.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']did you contact them through the live chat in the Origin client or through a web browser? I tried through the web browser earlier today but the option is grayed out and I can't click on it. I tried through the client and there is
a 200+ minute wait just to chat with an representative, lol EA you fail once again[/QUOTE]

I did it through origin and there was only an 4 minute wait when I did it so it was pretty quick.

after 2 hours I finally contacted a rep through Origin live chat, explained about the free game code not working they asked for my email and which game I wanted, five minutes later they gave me a working code for Spore

I know Orgin gets a lot of crap, some deserved, but they were very helpful and easy to deal with tonight.

I'm sure they're getting flooded in customer service, which caused the long wait times. Plus, it's not too hard to surf the net for an hour while waiting for a free game I'll never play.

bread's done
Back