[DEAD] FREE shipping & good deals on USED games from GameFly

definetly an awesome sale, i bite the bullet last night and ordered some games... spiderman 2, shin megami tensi: Nocturne, 007 EON, MVP Baseball, and Sudeki.

...damn shipping charge...I've been waiting on my 1 and only game I've ordered from them on 1/2 and they said from 1/4 it would arrive in 2-4 days...BS...I'm gonna have to e-mail them to it seems....This is why I only ordered one game.......

I got my Tales of Symphonia today (shipped 1/4) and the two discs look immaculate. It's as mint as it can be. I guess people who rent GameCube RPGs know how to take care of their games! ;)

all of my games came today....i had like 18 games total ;o\

they were definitely all piled up in one stack right on my front porch when i got home from work :laugh:

all of them have really tiny cloth like circular scratches on them

am i mad? yeah
am i happy? yeah
would i buy from them again? yeah
will i again be mad? yeah
will i again be happy? yeah

[quote name='trustcompany1013']all of my games came today....i had like 18 games total ;o\

they were definitely all piled up in one stack right on my front porch when i got home from work :laugh:

all of them have really tiny cloth like circular scratches on them

am i mad? yeah
am i happy? yeah
would i buy from them again? yeah
will i again be mad? yeah
will i again be happy? yeah[/quote]

i feel your pleasure/pain

I received my copy of Breakdown today. It was shipped on 12/30/04. Oh well, late is better than never. The case is broken on the top and bottom. Looks like it got crushed somehow. The game and manual are in good shape. Thats all that matter just switch out the case and I'm good to go. Just waiting on one more game.

I e-mailed Gamefly and thanked them personally for the sale and mentioned how CAG's LOVED this deal. I asked if we could possibly get a shipping discount if we ordered in bulk (like 5 or more) since CAG probably helped move 500+ games in their warehouse or so. Here's their response.

Response (Steve M) 01/10/2005 02:51 PM
Dear Jon,

Since we are primarily a rental company, we will probably not offer bulk shipping discounts for purchases. Thank you for your kind words, I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our free shipping offer.

Thank you,

GameFly Customer Service
Email: [email protected]
Online help: http://www.gamefly.com/help/default.asp

So yeah. No bulk discounts, but he thanked me for praising them and their deal. I'm definately going to do business with them again.

[quote name='doubledown']I'm still waiting for my one game to show up that shipped on 12/30/04

If I don't get it today, I'll e-mail them about it[/quote]

That sucks. I ordered Galleon Saturday morning and it came in today's mail. (And I'm on the East Coast.)

Manual had a good bit of damage. Oh well.

[quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']Well i picked up some stuff. Were they supposed to have charged me tax on my game?[/quote]

they charged me tax, so id assume so[/quote]

I only posed the question because this is one of the first internet sites to charge me tax. I thought there was no tax through internet transactions or something like that. Whenever I order through EB or amazon or somthing similiar, I never have been charged tax. Oh well.

[quote name='civx'][quote name='Scorch']Bye to this deal, it was wonderful![/quote]

Amen[/quote]

Yes, farewell great Gamefly deal. We only hope that thee will show thy face again here on the boards of CAG.

Damn this deal ending. I got 5 more games today:

Four Swords - Pretty good shape
River City Ransom - box crushed, but game just fine
007 EoN - Decent Shape
Lupin - Decent Shape
Onimusha Blade Warriors - Decent Shape

Still waiting on two more (GGX2#R and SFAC)

Definitely one of the best deals I've gotten in on in a long while. I wish I could've gotten more out of this deal when I had the chance (I only ordered one game, back on Saturday). :(

Woah, well, that one game shipped today. Dang, that's fast for a weekend turnaround. Hope to see something like this pop up again soon from GameFly, the sale was indeed great while it lasted.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']Well i picked up some stuff. Were they supposed to have charged me tax on my game?[/quote]

they charged me tax, so id assume so[/quote]

I only posed the question because this is one of the first internet sites to charge me tax. I thought there was no tax through internet transactions or something like that. Whenever I order through EB or amazon or somthing similiar, I never have been charged tax. Oh well.[/quote]

Yeah, most sites I've ordered from have charged tax.

[quote name='joystickz']Joystickz Recommends these sleepers....

Bujingai: The Forsaken City
$9.99
109410p.jpg

This one has always been destined to fade obscurity....
yet it never really dropped less than 35-40 bucks anywhere...
[/quote] Damn, I should have read reviews on this sooner, I definitely would have picked it up at that price, guess I'll keep an eye on it to drop online elsewhere. Snooze ya lose...

Dang... I only got 30$ worth of games but they were definately worth it...

Psi Ops - Great Condition, few scratches, box and manual mint.
Transformers - Great condition, few scratches, again, box and manual mint.
Driv3r - Found a few small scratches, cleaning the disc got most off with ease (don't ask me how, it was just magic). Once again, box and manual were mint....

So I'd say I'm pretty damn satisfied with this order. Definately worth my 30$ and would gladly order from Gamefly again. Wasn't too satisfied with shipping, but for 30$ I really can't complain.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I only posed the question because this is one of the first internet sites to charge me tax. I thought there was no tax through internet transactions or something like that. Whenever I order through EB or amazon or somthing similiar, I never have been charged tax. Oh well.[/quote]

Congress passed a law a long time ago saying that there could be no tax on the internet. This had traditionally been understood to mean the internet itself could not be taxed (such as roads are taxed via tolls, etc.). Used to be that most sites wouldn't charge you tax unless they had a local B&M store, thus the online sale would be equivalent to a B&M sale. Nowadays you can still find sites that don't charge tax (I think Gateway didn't charge me tax when i bought a computer there), but more likely most sites are charging tax because the IRS expects to see some tax income from the business when the sell something.

So? What did we learn today kids? Xtreme331 has waaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on his hands? or is he procrastonating (and can't spell)?

[quote name='guardian_owl'][quote name='joystickz']Joystickz Recommends these sleepers....

Bujingai: The Forsaken City
$9.99
109410p.jpg

This one has always been destined to fade obscurity....
yet it never really dropped less than 35-40 bucks anywhere...
[/quote] Damn, I should have read reviews on this sooner, I definitely would have picked it up at that price, guess I'll keep an eye on it to drop online elsewhere. Snooze ya lose...[/quote]

FYI, Kohl's has it for $20 I remember seeing this game there. Its a YMMV kinda thing though.

Yay!! Hurray!1 (wait, that rhymed didn't it) Anyhoo, my Gamefly games came in. I want to play some of my Sudeki right now. They all came in basically mint condition. All the inserts, box, cover art, manual it basically looks like nobody touched it, even the shipping and handling people. The disc doesn't look like it was played either. Just a slight scratch on the side of the box but still no biggie. I would just like to say to Gamefly Thank You!! May you please do another one of these sales with free shipping again and soon, definitely soon :D. I missed out on some stuff that I wanted since I didn't have money but now I do so bring on the deals/sales :D.

I think I'm going to e-mail them and show them my appreciation for this deal. I really think we all should.

I ordered Star Ocean: Till the End of Time yesterday ( shipped 1/13/2004). I expect the game tomorrow or saturday. I ordered Viewtiful Joe on 1/7/04, got it on 1/10/2004. Im suprise how the game look brand new and complete.

I got my copy of Life Line yesterday but have not received the headset which was supposed to come with it. Did anyone else who ordered this game from Gamefly actually get the headset? :?

I ordered Spy Fiction (PS2) on 1/10/05 and still have not received it......... however other orders I placed after this one , I've recieved........... what has everyone been doing when they don't recieve their order? I've e-mailed gamefly but they don't seem to be reponding........It doesn't look like they have any tracking numbers or anything for orders............ Let me know what you guys have done that have experienced the same problems with shipping.

bread's done
Back