(DEAD) Gamefly Daily Deals - Defiance (PS3/360) $8, Dead Island (PS3/360) $8, Medal of Honor: Warfighter (PS3/360) $8

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
No deals today.

Deals will probably be good until noon PST on 10/10.  Gamefly games always come with cases, manuals, and other inserts. Usually the games are in pretty good condition.

FAQ:

Why does it only let me "Rent" the game instead of buy it?
If you're only able to rent a game instead of buy it, it means the game is out of stock.  Check back regularly, as restocks do occur.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there notable differences between the :ps3: and :360: versions of DmC? I've heard the :360: version has a slight edge, but I'd still appreciate any input.

Finally Dead Space 3 :ps3: is $10.  Grabbed that.  Had bought the :360: version a few times, the last one I was going to keep until my Xbox got banned so I just returned it to Gamefly.  They were nice enough to accept the return.

I'm surprised Devil May Cry is at $10.  It sold out pretty damn quickly both times it was at $13.  I guess I could have said the same thing about Metal Gear Rising last week.

Also, OP is updated.

Are there notable differences between the :ps3: and :360: versions of DmC? I've heard the :360: version has a slight edge, but I'd still appreciate any input.
I've read that it's a little bit better on 360, but I always go with PS3 when it comes to Gamefly because the disc quality is usually much better on PS3 thanks to them being on blu-ray discs.

I'm about 4/6 on 360 games working from gamefly and like 40/40 on PS3 games working.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-dmc-face-off

I picked it up for :360: when it was $12.99 but the differences aren't that major that you'd be missing out by choosing the :ps3: version. As Tyler also pointed out, blu ray discs are more durable than dvds so you're chance of getting a dud are much lower.

I've read all the stuff about Dead Space 3 being too action-oriented. For those that have played it, is it really that bad? I absolutely loved 1, 2, and Extraction.

A lot of users reading this topic. >_< It really shows how popular these Gamefly sales are, I'm going to go with DMC this time around, how is Defiance? Is the MP any good, I haven't read up too much on it but it reminds me of MAG.
Wow 270 users at the moment. That is a big number.

Yoink!  DmC for me.  Why the hell not.  $10 is quickly becoming my I'll-buy-almost-anything price.  That's going to be a problem in about 6 weeks.

For the past few years I've read that if you keep returning "chipped" discs Gamefly will ban your account. And that is why I don't do it. A lot of my discs are badly chipped, too.
If you keep getting badly chipped discs from a company, do you really want to keep an account with said company? I wouldn't.

i wish it was this price at amazon, or bestbuy. i rather use my credit. i really want to try the new dmc, to see why so much people hate it.

in for Dead Space 3. i loved the first 2 but heard real mixed stuff about the 3rd so i waited on it.

Awesome, I just finished Fall Of Cybertron that I picked up from GF a couple weeks ago, and now they drop DMC to my "buy" price.  :)  

Just a note on those who are considering a purchase from Gamefly. At least from my experience, if you order one game it comes through mail innovations and could take up to a week to receive it. If you buy two games they will come together Priority Mail. I usually buy two if they are really cheap, then sell one on craigslist or ebay (possibly trade in if credit is high enough) to offset most of the price for the copy I keep.

Just a note on those who are considering a purchase from Gamefly. At least from my experience, if you order one game it comes through mail innovations and could take up to a week to receive it. If you buy two games they will come together Priority Mail. I usually buy two if they are really cheap, then sell one on craigslist or ebay (possibly trade in if credit is high enough) to offset most of the price for the copy I keep.
it it usually takes 3-4 days for me. Most of the time they send me the games from the Austin location, I live in Houston so thats a plus. :)

Guess it depends on location, because it only takes 2-3 days for me if I get one game. One plus to buying two though is you get a tracking number.

Guess it depends on location, because it only takes 2-3 days for me if I get one game. One plus to buying two though is you get a tracking number.
Well my point is one game comes the slowest method and 2 games comes 2 day priority. Plus, as mentioned, with two games you get a tracking number.

Thanks so much for posting this! I've been dying for a deal on Family Guy. I bought two used copies in the past month, both were described as being in very good-like new condition and there were terrible when I received them so I returned them both. Gamefly has never failed me in the past in terms of sending out great copies of the games I've bought AND I had a $5 off so I got it for $10! 

Got DMC for 360 when prices first posted.  I've played through this game on ps3 and pc, but I like it enough that it's worth a third playthrough on xbox.  Undecided on Family Guy.  It sounds like the game is pretty short, and I just haven't found most of the Family Guy humor funny for a couple seasons now.  Thanks for the gamefly updates.

I think it was $9.99 then they did $12.99 and now back to $9.99
Really? Didn't catch the first $9.99, I bought it at $12.99 like an idiot. I did quickly beat the game and sold it though (since my backlog is only five games that hit rock bottom), afraid that eBay prices will fall in light of gamefly sales, apparently that was not the case, so if you buy beat it quickly now it would be even better.

Really? Didn't catch the first $9.99, I bought it at $12.99 like an idiot. I did quickly beat the game and sold it though (since my backlog is only five games that hit rock bottom), afraid that eBay prices will fall in light of gamefly sales, apparently that was not the case, so if you buy beat it quickly now it would be even better.
This is the first time it has hit $9.99 from Gamefly.

I could have sworn I seen it $9.99 before, I was kicking myself for missing it. Maybe I'm seeing things lol, that's been happening a lot lately.
I'm usually really good at following these sales and until today I really don't think it was ever $9.99. I'm 99% sure. I myself bought it at $12.99 as well, which is something I never would have done if it had hit $9.99 before it hit $12.99.

I'm usually really good at following these sales and until today I really don't think it was ever $9.99. I'm 99% sure. I myself bought it at $12.99 as well, which is something I never would have done if it had hit $9.99 before it hit $12.99.
you know what it may have been MGR Rising that I was thinking about.

bread's done
Back