[DEAD] Gamestop.com 10-30% off select titles + $10 Coupon Code

ShockandAww

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
BE AWARE: The coupon codes you will receive WILL NOT STACK with themselves or any other discounts! (Thanks ChineseRcool, illenium, atc250es)

These are games that come with a coupon code good for $10 off a future order from gamestop.com. This deal works when you buy NEW games only.

Pre-order games with coupons:
[FONT=&quot]Red Dead Redemption[/FONT] (Use code DEADEYE for free overnight shipping. May not be combined with other offers. Expires 5/7/2010 11:59PM)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - $20 Coupon Code
[FONT=&quot]UFC Undisputed 2010 PS3 and Xbox 360[/FONT]

Current Codes: MOMSDAY - receive free 2-day shipping with purchase of $65 or more worth of in-stock merchandise. Then receive a coupon worth $20 off your next purchase at GameStop.com! ($20 coupon will be emailed within 1 business day). Be sure to choose USA 2-day shipping at checkout.
(thanks to joen05 and his thread here)

FAQ:

Q: Do the coupon Codes stack?

A: No they do not stack with anything else including other coupon codes. So if you get 2 coupon codes you'll have to place 2 orders to use both of them.

Q: Can I do in-store pickup with this?
A: No. You need to have the order shipped to you.

Q: Cool but can I go to the store and do this?
A: NO, no you can't. It's online only.

Q: Do I get a coupon code if I order a used copy of a game?
A: No. Only for new games.

Q: When Do I get the coupon code?
A: You are supposed to get it within 24 hours of the time your order ships.

Q: It's been over 24 hours since my order shipped. Where is my coupon code?
A: For many it seems to be taking around 48-72 hours before getting the codes. Check your spam and if you still haven't gotten it after 3 days you can email [email protected] or call (800) 883-8895

Q: Can I order multiple games and receive multiple coupon codes?
A: Yes. You can order more than one game and you'll get more than one coupon code. You can order multiple copies of the same game and you'll still receive multiple coupon codes. Just remember that those multiple coupon codes will need to be used on multiple future orders since they don't stack.

Q: Do the coupon codes expire?
A: Yes but they're good for about 2 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chaddyp']I see Borderlands in that list of games that get you a $10 credit for $33.99. When I look further down the page, where it shows the bonus item detail, it states that Bioshock 2 comes with a $10 credit. I want to pick it up but dont know if they would honor it or not.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same. I don't believe it's good for the $10 credit. Heavy Rain had the very same thing on it's page ($10 for buying Bioshock 2), and I ordered that, so it remains to be seen whether or not they give the $10 GC.

But guys, both of those games are shown as being part of the promo on the main page. Go to GS's front page and click on the huge "10%-30% & $10 coupon off future game purchase" link and you'll see both Borderlands and Heavy Rain. Maybe screen cap that now in case you have trouble later getting the coupon. I'm guessing the text on the individual game pages was just a lazy cut-n-paste job and you'll be fine though ;).

[quote name='Dtrain12']So what is the cheapest price possible as of now that u can buy red dead redemption for?[/QUOTE]

If you use GS 25OFF when spending over $100 then it would be

60.00 - 15.00(25% off) = $45.00

you would also get the $10.00 online gift card for a future purchase so you would pay $45.00 but it would be $35.00 essentially.

If you don't like that then Walmart has it for $60 with a $20 online gift card.

[quote name='Dtrain12']So what is the cheapest price possible as of now that u can buy red dead redemption for?[/QUOTE]

$45 + tax w/ a $10 coupon, but that's only if you order over $100 worth of stuff.

By itself...either Amazon for 56.99 + $10 credit or at Walmart for $59 with a $20 credit.

I am extremely close to pulling the trigger GTA: EFLC, Heavy Rain, and Uncharted 2. Averaging $30 per game with $30 worth of coupon codes is a great deal.

[quote name='io']But guys, both of those games are shown as being part of the promo on the main page. Go to GS's front page and click on the huge "10%-30% & $10 coupon off future game purchase" link and you'll see both Borderlands and Heavy Rain. Maybe screen cap that now in case you have trouble later getting the coupon. I'm guessing the text on the individual game pages was just a lazy cut-n-paste job and you'll be fine though ;).[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm thinking too, but I made a screencap just in case:

(only got the top 50% of the games in it, so you'll have to make your own if you bought one of the others :p)

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/9236/gsoffer.jpg

[quote name='raiser']I posted this ONE page back, but it bears repeating:
Here is the verbiage of the ones auto-mailed coupon, vs. the ones sent by CS.
Make an educated guess which is preferred!

auto-mailed with game purchase:
Coupon xxxxxxxxx - Receive $10 off your next online purchase. Order value must be at least $10. Any unused portion will be forfeited.
May not be combined with other offers. Expires 4/28/2012 11:59PM.

From Customer service inquiry (notice no stacking restrictions!):
Coupon xxxxxxxx - $10 off your order. Total order value must be over $10. Any unused portion will be forfeited.[/QUOTE]

I didn't have an automatic code to compare it to so I didn't know, and I guess I missed your previous post.

Good info though, thanks!

Ended up getting:

Demon's Souls
Valkyria Chronicles
Deadly Premonition
GTA: Epidsodes from LBC

all for $71.23 after tax; I just couldn't resist.

[quote name='worshipsf']That's what I'm thinking too, but I made a screencap just in case:

(only got the top 50% of the games in it, so you'll have to make your own if you bought one of the others :p)

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/9236/gsoffer.jpg[/QUOTE]

I did the same. Wow what a deal. Not only did I get BioShock 2 for $22.99 plus a $10 GC, but Heavy Rain for $35.24 with a $10 GC as well!

Thanks for the quick responses. I preordered earlier at a gs. I may go for the cheapest deal bc The preorder dlc doesn't strike me so much

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I am tempted to order 4 games with $10 gc's but what the hell am I going to do with 4 $10 coupons that can't be used together...[/QUOTE]

Just order one or two games at a time is what. Yeah it's a pain (unlike Amazon which lets you stack them), but it's still worthwhile, especially with the great prices Gamestop has had day in and day out.

I can only imagine how good their Black Friday offers will be this year, and the coupons are good until 2012.

I've never placed a pre-order with GS before. If one game is a pre-order and one now available, do they ship them together or as available?

edit: Scratch that...I just started the checkout process and it separates games that are available from pre-orders.

Ok, I couldn't resist this 25OFF offer so I ordered the following:

:ps3: 3D Dot Game Heroes (pre-order)
:ps3: Demon's Soul (new) with a $10 off coupon code
:ds: Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels Starry Sky (pre-order)

Total: $80.97 + tax

Price wars between GS and Amazon is really good for us, CAGs :)

Well I gave in, I just preordered Red Dead Redemption just because I realized that you get a free upgrade to the exclusive special edition. I also added Left 4 Dead, Dark Sector, and Call of Juarez: BIB just because those are the games I'm curious to try out and it got my total to over 100 so it qualified for the 25off coupon.

On another note, I have preordered UFC Undisputed 2010 at one of my local stores because of the huge midnight release they're going to have, but I want to get in on the 25off coupon and the 10 dollar coupon... I'm thinking about going to the midnight release and hope to get lucky and win some type of gift card. What do you guys think?

great deal, picked up

PS3
GTA episodes
Bioshock 2
Just Cause 2
80 total after tax and s/h
but will get $30 in coupon codes, so really only $50 total, not bad.

[quote name='Mikocouch']When does the 25OFF coupon expire?[/QUOTE]

its only for April....*slowly looks at screen date*...... O_O

might still work for a few hours or something, the 15new was working when I just tried it, and its suppose to expire end of april as well, maybe its pacific time they go by to be fair? anyways goodluck to anyone trying to get in with an order last minute

edit: I'm just that dumb sometimes I blame my very mesed up sleep schedule lately 4ish pm to almost 11 pm yesterday and sleepy during the day the last little while

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='evantrees']might still work for a few hours or something, the 15new was working when I just tried it, and its suppose to expire end of april as well, maybe its pacific time they go by to be fair? anyways goodluck to anyone trying to get in with an order last minute[/QUOTE]

We still have 24 hours till it's May...

[quote name='evantrees']might still work for a few hours or something, the 15new was working when I just tried it, and its suppose to expire end of april as well, maybe its pacific time they go by to be fair? anyways goodluck to anyone trying to get in with an order last minute[/QUOTE]

But it's April until Saturday.

[quote name='illennium']The $10 code I received DOES stack with 10AUTO and EDGE.[/QUOTE]
You should have used 20USED.

Earlier today I checked craigslist, and this guy was selling $80 in GS gift cards for $65. Needless to say I bought it.

Combined with the 25% off coupon, +$10 credit promotion, discounts and edge card... I just spent more money at GS in the last week then the past 3 years. I feel... strange.

-

Does anybody know how many copies of a game you can pre-order from gamestop? I was thinking about ordering a bunch of Super Mario Galaxy 2 and selling them on Ebay then enjoying all that gift credit!

Ordered:
:wii: New Super Mario Bros Wii (includes $10 credit)
:wii: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (includes $20 credit)
:360: Tomb Raider Underworld

Used coupon 25off and free shipping. After tax was about $86 and will come with $30 game credit. I cancelled my Amazon SMG2 preorder since this deal was better.

:wii: Monster Hunter Tri
:wii: Super Mario Galaxy 2
:ps3: Demon's Souls

$125 - 25% = $93. Burned $45 in gift cards, bringing out of pocket to just under $50. This is what I saved by cancelling my Amazon SMG2, and I'll get $40 in credit back. Win!

Never thought I'd say this, but Gamestop.com has been on their game lately. Here's hoping the trend continues!

[quote name='MuzykMann']Never thought I'd say this, but Gamestop.com has been on their game lately. Here's hoping the trend continues![/QUOTE]

Seriously, I hadn't really looked at a Gamestop cross-eyed in probably 5+ years until the past several months. And now I'm going to K-mart to get video game deals next week. INSANITY.

I'm really tempted by:

:ps3: GTA4 Episodes
:ps3: Bioshock 2
:ps3: God of War 3 (used)

All for ~$81 (25% off, edge on GOW3), plus the $20 I'll get back in coupon codes.

The only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger is the limitations of the coupon codes. Just to confirm: these $10 coupon codes cannot be used together, and they cannot be used with any other deal (15NEW, 25OFF, etc.)? They still work with Edge though, correct? What about when they run a B2G1Free deal... would I be able to use one of the $10 coupons with that, or is that not allowed also?

I never buy from Gamestop.com so I'm not sure how this all works.

Always swore off gamestop but these deals are too good. Picked up

:360: Just Cause 2
:360: Record of Agarest War
:360: Final Fantasy XIII
:ps3: 3D Dot Heroes
:wii: Super Mario Galaxy 2

For $195 shipped with $40 worth of credit. Crazy time.

I broke down and ordered a bunch of games... I figure it's as good a time as any.

I ordered:
New Super Mario Bros. - $37
Red Dead Redemption - $60
Mario Galaxy 2 - $50
Mafia II - $60

Total: $207 - 25% off + tax = $168 - $50 GC from utalkback = $118 - $40 in GC = $78

Nice.:cool:

I'm guessing there's a free shipping code somewhere? also has anyone has has already received their coupon code (from whatever game) used it? I want to know if the coupon codes are good for point cards or something (plus free shipping?) that can easily be traded.

[quote name='kyrhon']Today is the LAST DAY TO USE 25OFF!!![/QUOTE]

wow ok thanx, looks like im going to jump on borderands(xb), nsmb wii, & demon souls for about $85. thanc OP.

Picked up FFXIII for $40.29 shipped ($43.99 - 15% + free shipping (just select value shipping) + tax), plus a $10 coupon code. Was going to pick it up next week at KMart for $30, but as there's no Kmarts around, would've had to order it online, with $6.95 shipping. So, a better deal here, IMO.

[quote name='An J0e']does anyone know if i would get the 10 coupon if i buy borderlands used?[/QUOTE]

i just answered your post in the 'price still dropping' thread, lol. No, Used dont count towards the promotion. I emailed a customer service rep yesterday concerning this and she confirmed that its only for New condition.

will all these 10 coupons be able to stack with one another or will they just be 1 per purchase? not a deal breaker just curious.

[quote name='diddy310']Any idea if I will get the credit if i preordered before they started offering it?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ryanmassacre']has anyone confirmed that the people that pre-ordered before the $10 coupons were announced will in fact get them with out emailing GS[/QUOTE]

I was told I would get my $20 credit for SMG2 that I ordered prior to the promo

[quote name='lilman'].. and will come with $30 game credit. [/QUOTE]
[quote name='MuzykMann']...and I'll get $40 in credit back. Win!![/QUOTE]

The coupons don't stack so it isn't the same as credit. If you want games under $25, than the coupons are ok (the $20 code is much better). Anything over $25, you might as well just use one of their other deals

[quote name='qender187']can the 10 dollar credit be used for 4000 ms point card and what is the min purchase for free shipping?[/QUOTE]

No
$24.99 (for free shipping)

[quote name='dapunisure']will all these 10 coupons be able to stack with one another or will they just be 1 per purchase? not a deal breaker just curious.[/QUOTE]

Nope, won't stack. Perhaps more than one per purchase if you order more than one game

bread's done
Back