[DEAD] GameStop Treasure Hunt Thursdays Challenge - Free $5 Xbox credit

I checked and it says nothing about an expiration date for these codes.
The vouchers with the actual code show an expiration date of 12/31/2014, at least on mine. That's the date the code needs to be redeemed by. If you login to the site I linked and click the Microsoft Account payment type, you should see your promotional balances listed, which will expire 1 year from the date you redeemed them. If you don't see any promotional balances below the account balance, then maybe you already used the promotional balances up.

The vouchers with the actual code show an expiration date of 12/31/2014, at least on mine. That's the date the code needs to be redeemed by. If you login to the site I linked and click the Microsoft Account payment type, you should see your promotional balances listed, which will expire 1 year from the date you redeemed them. If you don't see any promotional balances below the account balance, then maybe you already used the promotional balances up.
I was using mobila and didnt see them. Works like a charm on my PC. Thanks. My goal is to have enough for 2 games after Thursday, so that should be no problem to use in a year :)

Can someone, either via here or in a pm, explain how this works? I missed all the prior weeks and want to at least try this last time to get a code.

Can someone, either via here or in a pm, explain how this works? I missed all the prior weeks and want to at least try this last time to get a code.
Follow GameStop on twitter. Between 1:00 pm - 2:00 est time on Thursday they will post a hint to where the code redemption box is located on their site. You can also keep tabs on this thread as someone should post the exact location of where the code is. You then use your Facebook credentials and you get a $5 code. One code per Facebook account.

Oh lordy, twitter? Another thing I've never used before...so how does the facebook part work? I find the link, then what? Is there something I click on, then it automatically links with FB or do I need to enter info manually?

Oh lordy, twitter? Another thing I've never used before...so how does the facebook part work? I find the link, then what? Is there something I click on, then it automatically links with FB or do I need to enter info manually?
You don't need to have a twitter. Just check in here til someone posts the spot with the code redemption. As for the Facebook thing, they will be a spot on a gamestop page that you put in your email. After you click accept it will direct to Facebook. Then you put in your facebook info and it will direct back to the original page and display your ms code. It's pretty easy.

You don't need to have a twitter. Just check in here til someone posts the spot with the code redemption. As for the Facebook thing, they will be a spot on a gamestop page that you put in your email. After you click accept it will direct to Facebook. Then you put in your facebook info and it will direct back to the original page and display your ms code. It's pretty easy.
Ok, thanks for the info, I appreciate it!

lets hope everything goes smoth tommorow, I hope to nab 10$ this time to buy some good dames form the july sale

Hope I get one this time, some great games on sale on the 360.

Also,  Undead Nightmare is like 10 bucks.

Lol, anyone here with codes they haven't redeemed yet and waiting till they really see something they want in the marketplace? I think if I'll get a couple and hang on to them but I'm kinda paranoid if you don't redeem the codes asap, someone else might get the same code and use it first.

Lol, anyone here with codes they haven't redeemed yet and waiting till they really see something they want in the marketplace? I think if I'll get a couple and hang on to them but I'm kinda paranoid if you don't redeem the codes asap, someone else might get the same code and use it first.
Why not just redeem them and let the balance sit in your account? :p

attachicon.gif
image.jpg
My body is ready.

23lntav.gif

What time does this start? I missed two weeks ago and was busy the other 2 times. I'd like to grab Ducktales with a quick $5.

it's almost imposible to make extra fbs anyway, it'll ask you to sign in and verify the account when you go to login with facebook lol
This is why whenever you DO make a facebook account, you make a note of the details such as birthdays and passwords (along with whatever bull email account) so that for times like these you have multiples.
*Has 9 accounts at the ready*

Can someone please explain where to find the code or the steps to do it?
No one knows exactly where the code will be posted yet, but they have dropped a hint related to the Halo:MC collection, so that's where the codes will likely be located.

Anyways, wait until between 1 and 2 PM EST and check this thread, someone will post a link going somewhere on Gamestop's website. Somewhere on that page, you'll be asked to enter your email, sign in with Facebook, and "Like" Gamestop if you have yet to do so. Then you hit submit and your code is generated.

Can you use the same Facebook account as last week? (Or other past weeks) Or do you have to have a different Facebook for every week

After much discussion with some Gamestop reps, last week before they took it down and put it up for everyone those codes being given out were the previous weeks codes. The reason they were used was because they had been redeemed by others already, reason I post this is what this means for people saving codes up not wanting to enter them yet. It's possible that someone got your code last week and redeemed it before you could. Knowing this I went ahead and redeemed two of the codes I was saving just in case something like that happens again this week. 

Anyways good luck to everyone today!

How long did the very first one last? I heard it was the longest so far. Hopefully this last one goes out in spectacular fashion.
First one lasted 4-5 hours. 2nd one was about 2 hours, and the 3rd was a hair over an hour. Expect this one to be finished in under an hour.

Can you use the same Facebook account as last week? (Or other past weeks) Or do you have to have a different Facebook for every week
Yes, you can use the same Facebook account used last week, or any previous week

First one lasted 4-5 hours. 2nd one was about 2 hours, and the 3rd was a hair over an hour. Expect this one to be finished in under an hour.

Yes, you can use the same Facebook account used last week, or any previous
week
Oh thanks. That makes it much easier. I can't believe I've been making a spare account for each week just for one code lol

Last edited by a moderator:
No one knows exactly where the code will be posted yet, but they have dropped a hint related to the Halo:MC collection, so that's where the codes will likely be located.

Anyways, wait until between 1 and 2 PM EST and check this thread, someone will post a link going somewhere on Gamestop's website. Somewhere on that page, you'll be asked to enter your email, sign in with Facebook, and "Like" Gamestop if you have yet to do so. Then you hit submit and your code is generated.
Ok, thanks! That really Helped!

I wish Microsoft credit could be applied towards getting Gold and items from the Microsoft store at least on their website.  That would be sweet.  I'm going to bring this up to them, hopefully they consider it.

Yes, you can use the same Facebook account used last week, or any previous week
Im pretty sure last week it lasted about 5-10 minutes. I would expect the same today.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back