*DEAD*Ghostbusters: Amazon Exclusive Slimer Edition (Wii/360<used>) $39.75/$27.99

vivafriend5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
[IMG-R=5198]10322[/IMG-R]In addition to the Ghostbusters game, the Amazon Exclusive Slimer Edition includes:

• An exclusive Slimer bust designed and created by the original movie sculptor, Steve Johnson. Comes complete with a certificate of authenticity signed by the sculptor himself.
  • Exclusive Ghostbusters Gamer Graffix Skins.
  • An exclusive (in the US) Ecto1 Key Chain that lights up and makes a siren sound.
iconamazon.gif
Ghostbusters: Amazon Exclusive Slimer Edition (360/Wii) $29.75/$39.75

Edit 11/26/09: The price for the PS3 and Wii has reverted back to $39.75. With all of the Thanksgiving specials coming and going, anyone who is interested should check the link and add their preferred version to their cart to assure the proper price is displayed. It has been fluctuating frequently.

Edit 11/27/09: PS3 version has reverted to $69.99. It is DEAD for now.

Edit 11/29/09: 360 version is out of stock. The price is unknown. Used copies are being offered in varying conditions for $27.99 which are Amazon fulfilled. Some claim to be shrinkwrapped.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I wasn't going to get this edition and was waiting till the normal version dropped to 20-30, but I went ahead and got it as well as a Batman novel for my wife (she hates comics but loves Batman).

[quote name='CasDeal1']Bought it yesterday and it arrived today! The advantages of prime membership and living in a shipping hub city. The "extra $10" (people say the game is worth $20) is worth it when you see Slimer's green @$$ and hear the Ecto1 keychain. Good Buy.[/QUOTE]

I sincerely hope nobody else in this godforsaken world thinks that paying $10 to "see Slimer's green @$$" is "worth it."

Put in an order for the Wii version.

This is going to be an Xmas present for my husband. He's a Ghostbusters fanatic, and I've had to stop him from trying to buy this earlier, as the price was a killer. Its bad enough that he spent over $100 ordering all the Ghostbusters cartoons on DVD. (For the record, I actually like Ghostbusters too, but I couldn't see shelling out $70 for this game. And why do Ghostbusters DVDs have to be so freaking expensive?).

And I HATE Slimer. I'm going to look the other way if my cat decides to chew on the Slimer toy.

[quote name='Spacepest']Put in an order for the Wii version.

This is going to be an Xmas present for my husband. He's a Ghostbusters fanatic, and I've had to stop him from trying to buy this earlier, as the price was a killer. Its bad enough that he spent over $100 ordering all the Ghostbusters cartoons on DVD. (For the record, I actually like Ghostbusters too, but I couldn't see shelling out $70 for this game. And why do Ghostbusters DVDs have to be so freaking expensive?).

And I HATE Slimer. I'm going to look the other way if my cat decides to chew on the Slimer toy.[/QUOTE]

Slimer is more porcelain than a soft toy, your cat will have issues. But if the statue falls from a high enough place it will break.

Edit: So yea it says only 6500 of these were made for each console, I just wish they individually numbered them.

I got mine today and I am happy with the purchase. The statue is similar in quality to a "master replica" (MR) bust. These are a steal at under $30.

[quote name='MrBoss']Slimer is more porcelain than a soft toy, your cat will have issues. But if the statue falls from a high enough place it will break.

Edit: So yea it says only 6500 of these were made for each console, I just wish they individually numbered them.[/QUOTE]

Actually, a total of 6,500 were made for all three consoles. When you get the package, there is a sticker on the brown inner box that says the console version and the number which your package is out of 6500. Not really the best way to number things, but at least it provides some info.

[quote name='bojay1997']Actually, a total of 6,500 were made for all three consoles. When you get the package, there is a sticker on the brown inner box that says the console version and the number which your package is out of 6500. Not really the best way to number things, but at least it provides some info.[/QUOTE]

And that's why it blows my mind that they couldn't even get rid of these in like 5 months time, even with a 50% of sale a month or so ago. Hell, even at $30 they still haven't sold out!

[quote name='ssjmichael']And that's why it blows my mind that they couldn't even get rid of these in like 5 months time, even with a 50% of sale a month or so ago. Hell, even at $30 they still haven't sold out![/QUOTE]

I'm thinking because it's an old movie and most people under 25 y/o haven't seen it.

Just an FYI if these somehow run out for one version and someone still wants that one they are all the same. They just stick a copy of the game in with all the extras. Even pulling out the game and replacing it with another version won't mess anything up in terms of packaging. I think the only difference would be that sticker that says what version it is and what number out of "6500" it is.

[quote name='bojay1997']Actually, a total of 6,500 were made for all three consoles. When you get the package, there is a sticker on the brown inner box that says the console version and the number which your package is out of 6500. Not really the best way to number things, but at least it provides some info.[/QUOTE]

Mine says 1246 of 2600.

Maybe that's the xbox total? (And 2600 is practically nothing. Can't believe they still have em as well.)

Anyone have the PS3 version? How many out of how many?

Damn, son. These recent deals are really killing my wallet. Being a huge fan of Ghostbusters, though, there was no way I could pass this up. I wanted it even when it was over $100. Thanks, OP.

Well, I caved in and ordered one for PS3. What kept me from buying it any sooner than today was that 90% of movie games suck. Batman AA was the first one I actually liked. But for $30 with all the extras, I finally got one.

[quote name='confoosious']Mine says 1246 of 2600.

Maybe that's the xbox total? (And 2600 is practically nothing. Can't believe they still have em as well.)

Anyone have the PS3 version? How many out of how many?[/QUOTE]

777/845

I was hoping it would be hand numbered, but it is still a great deal. :)

[quote name='rapsodist']i sincerely hope nobody else in this godforsaken world thinks that paying $10 to "see slimer's green @$$" is "worth it."[/quote]

lmfao

[quote name='thunder_gamer']Did PS3 version just went up in price?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I think it did, along with the Wii version. It is showing as $39.75 now. It is a ten dollar increase.

[quote name='thunder_gamer']Did PS3 version just went up in price?[/QUOTE]

Yup it just went up $10...I was going to buy another one. Oh well.

[quote name='vivafriend5']Yeah, I think it did, along with the Wii version. It is showing as $39.75 now. It is a ten dollar increase.[/QUOTE]

Wow, so glad I bit when I did :bouncy:

[quote name='slowdive21']777/845

I was hoping it would be hand numbered, but it is still a great deal. :)[/QUOTE]

Anyone got the wii version?

i picked up the ps3 version last night at the 29 dollar mark glad i did it last night instead of waiting till today like i had planned

Hah. Looks like they were only willing to keep the $30 price until the stock was low enough to raise it back up.

Ha, it looks like the price went up instead of down, well, i was wrong then :( It's okay, the game can be gotten for less than $20 anyway...

Where are people seeing what number they have? All I see is it saying only 6,500 made. I got the PS3 version, by the way. The Slimer statue is actually quite larger and nicer than I expected. The keychain is actually smaller than I expected. lol

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Where are people seeing what number they have? All I see is it saying only 6,500 made. I got the PS3 version, by the way. The Slimer statue is actually quite larger and nicer than I expected. The keychain is actually smaller than I expected. lol[/QUOTE]

On the brown box. THere's a sticker that says XXX out of XXXX.

I don't know why they didn't just print it on the card that comes with slimer. wouldve been much cooler.

I'm interested to know how many were made for the Wii.

360 = 2600
PS3 = 845

So there should be around 3055 for the Wii. Just curious to confirm.

Man, the Slimer statue is brittle. I broke two fingers off just putting it on the damn stand, and I wasn't being rough or anything, either.

Oh well, the only reason I really bought the set was for the keychain.

[quote name='confoosious']On the brown box. THere's a sticker that says XXX out of XXXX.

I don't know why they didn't just print it on the card that comes with slimer. wouldve been much cooler.

I'm interested to know how many were made for the Wii.

360 = 2600
PS3 = 845

So there should be around 3055 for the Wii. Just curious to confirm.[/QUOTE]

My PS3 brown box says carton 329 of 455. SO they only made 455 of the PS3?

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']My PS3 brown box says carton 329 of 455. SO they only made 455 of the PS3?[/QUOTE]

Someone else said 855. Maybe they read it wrong. Or perhaps there were two cartons?

All i know is that I have two of these, both xbox and both say xxx out of 2600.

Not really sure why these are separated by system anyways. Neither The statue, keychain or stickers have any system name on them. They just throw a regular copy of the game for the system ordered in the box with the extras.

[quote name='confoosious']Someone else said 855. Maybe they read it wrong. Or perhaps there were two cartons?

All i know is that I have two of these, both xbox and both say xxx out of 2600.[/QUOTE]

my 360 version says #411 out of 1235.:whistle2:k

[quote name='Virsago']my 360 version says #411 out of 1235.:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:k

360: 1235+2600= 3835
PS3: 845 + 455 = 1300

still no reports of wii numbers. I bet somewhere someone has a 360 box that says out of 1165.

500 copies for the wii?

Or maybe they just printed random numbers.

I'd go with the xxx out of xxxx numbers being random lots. The extras themselves are all the same so they could have just had a set number of extras and then randomly decided in varying amounts how many to pack with each version of the game.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I'd go with it being random numbers, or there being 6,500 for each platform[/QUOTE]

That would be bs as the slimer statue says 6500 total. ANd since they're all the same, it shouldn't be for each platform.

Either way, it's not like these things are appreciating in value.

Just can't beat Amazon...I ordered this Monday and got free shipping and it was delivered earlier this afternoon while I was at work. The statue is pretty badass!

I now fucking hate ONTRAC for delivery. I checked the tracking status and it says my package for this game was delivered today "in front brown door".

I don't know who's fucking brown door the delivery fool dropped it off to...but it was most certainly not my fucking brown door.

The problem is Amazon has only 18 PS3 versions left in stock. So I wrote them an email to send me another ASAP. I'll be pissed if I lose out on this...not to mention the $22 credit I used for this.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']I now fucking hate ONTRAC for delivery. I checked the tracking status and it says my package for this game was delivered today "in front brown door".

I don't know who's fucking brown door the delivery fool dropped it off to...but it was most certainly not my fucking brown door.

The problem is Amazon has only 18 PS3 versions left in stock. So I wrote them an email to send me another ASAP. I'll be pissed if I lose out on this...not to mention the $22 credit I used for this.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. Here's hoping you get a replacement! Even if you don't you could always grab the 360 version and just swap the games later on. I always get pissed when the UPS driver doesn't feel like coming to my house so they put that I wasn't there but your situation is far worse.

[quote name='sabanoo']That sucks. Here's hoping you get a replacement! Even if you don't you could always grab the 360 version and just swap the games later on. I always get pissed when the UPS driver doesn't feel like coming to my house so they put that I wasn't there but your situation is far worse.[/QUOTE]

Oh you can rest assured that Amazon will either replace this for give me a full refund. They contract ONTRAC, so if ONTRAC screws up...that's not my problem...that's Amazon's and for them to take it up with ONTRAC.

Seriously...with maps...and GPS...is it THAT hard to get the address right? Children with paper routes do a better job.

That is, I'm only assuming the deliverer is a dolt and delivered it somewhere else...he/she could have just stolen it for all I know.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Oh you can rest assured that Amazon will either replace this for give me a full refund. They contract ONTRAC, so if ONTRAC screws up...that's not my problem...that's Amazon's and for them to take it up with ONTRAC.

Seriously...with maps...and GPS...is it THAT hard to get the address right? Children with paper routes do a better job.

That is, I'm only assuming the deliverer is a dolt and delivered it somewhere else...he/she could have just stolen it for all I know.[/QUOTE]

Dude. Relax. Amazon will get you another one.

[quote name='confoosious']Dude. Relax. Amazon will get you another one.[/QUOTE]

I am relaxed...just annoyed. Especially when there aren't that many of the special edition left in stock.

Wow, that sucks. I have to say, Ontrac has been amazing for me, I'm getting my orders by 9am the next morning with Prime, and they've been super reliable... but it sounds like there are a lot of horror stories, I guess I have the one good Ontrac delivery person...

But yeah, Amazon will make it right.

bread's done
Back