*DEAD*Ghostbusters: Amazon Exclusive Slimer Edition (Wii/360<used>) $39.75/$27.99

vivafriend5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
[IMG-R=5198]10322[/IMG-R]In addition to the Ghostbusters game, the Amazon Exclusive Slimer Edition includes:

• An exclusive Slimer bust designed and created by the original movie sculptor, Steve Johnson. Comes complete with a certificate of authenticity signed by the sculptor himself.
  • Exclusive Ghostbusters Gamer Graffix Skins.
  • An exclusive (in the US) Ecto1 Key Chain that lights up and makes a siren sound.
iconamazon.gif
Ghostbusters: Amazon Exclusive Slimer Edition (360/Wii) $29.75/$39.75

Edit 11/26/09: The price for the PS3 and Wii has reverted back to $39.75. With all of the Thanksgiving specials coming and going, anyone who is interested should check the link and add their preferred version to their cart to assure the proper price is displayed. It has been fluctuating frequently.

Edit 11/27/09: PS3 version has reverted to $69.99. It is DEAD for now.

Edit 11/29/09: 360 version is out of stock. The price is unknown. Used copies are being offered in varying conditions for $27.99 which are Amazon fulfilled. Some claim to be shrinkwrapped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the Wii version for the cartoon likeness and supposedly better play.

It's not quite the $20 mark, but the keychain looks neat enough to pony up for the Slimer statue and game magazine discount.

Although I've beaten the game, which is awesome, I'm really tempted to jump on this. If I wasn't waiting to get NBA Live !0 during Black Friday, I'd get this immediately.

If there was any question people should avoid any Amazon "special edition" of games at release, I think this one should be the one that fixes any question about it.

[quote name='shrike4242']If there was any question people should avoid any Amazon "special edition" of games at release, I think this one should be the one that fixes any question about it.[/QUOTE]

This

I hate to think how many of these they must have sitting in various warehouses across the country. It's a shame cos I'm big enough of a Ghostbusters fan that I might have bought this if the extra stuff had been decent.

Ok, fine, I bit, I don't think it will go any lower..especially if 6500 were made, really can't believe it's not gone already..Just grabbed it on the Wii! Already had X360 version and loved it. Also got a $5 VoD credit..nice! If anyone wants that here it is: BA3N-GCAV53-WHPDQ6

Now to get the link for the Wii Alternate cover version...

I'm not complaining. The cheapest gamers wait and reap the rewards.

BTW, there's about 92 each left for the Wii and PS3 versions.

Updates 9:20 AM - Hmm... guess they didn't show entire inventory before. Lots left.

Wii qty 520
PS3 qty 795

Last edited by a moderator:
A great deal on a good game. A must have for all GB fans. I rented this in the past and thought it was really well made (a couple notches below Batman AA). I finished the single player story and played a little of the online mutilplayer. I probably wouldn't have bought this, though, if not for my 4 year old son. He loves Ghostbusters... well, mostly the Marshmallow Man... and will go crazy for the statue and keychain (lights and sounds!). I felt bad when I sent the rental back and always said I would buy it for him when I saw a good price. Wasn't even expecting to get the Slimer edition, so this is great!

[quote name='Hibiwa']I'm not complaining. The cheapest gamers wait and reap the rewards.

BTW, there's about 92 each left for the Wii and PS3 versions.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Thanks! I was waiting for somebody to report this, too lazy to figure it out...what do you plug in say 100, then work your way down?? gosh that must take a while if you don't ballpark it right at first...

[quote name='yokofox33']Dang it. I just bought the normal edition a few weeks ago for a higher price. I'd much rather have the Slimer Edition and have it on the PS3. I was forced to get the 360 version.

Bleh.[/QUOTE]

Buy this and return the sealed game to wherever you bought it originally.

[quote name='token2k6']:lol: Thanks! I was waiting for somebody to report this, too lazy to figure it out...what do you plug in say 100, then work your way down?? gosh that must take a while if you don't ballpark it right at first...[/QUOTE]

Nah, you can even go way over like 500 and it'll just tell you how many are left when you hit update.

Thanks for posting your video code. If you change your mind, I have one to give back if necessary.

So the Slimer version is now cheaper then the regular version. Nutty. I don't want the extra crap that comes with this version - I have enough junk in my house already, plus this stuff is like a "I'm a fool" badge of honor. Even though you're getting a deal, most will think you paid too much for a load of crap. Hopefully I can pick up a non-special edition for $20 (no Gamecrazy nor HV near me, unfortunately.)

[quote name='crunchewy']So the Slimer version is now cheaper then the regular version. Nutty. I don't want the extra crap that comes with this version - I have enough junk in my house already, plus this stuff is like a "I'm a fool" badge of honor. Even though you're getting a deal, most will think you paid too much for a load of crap. Hopefully I can pick up a non-special edition for $20 (no Gamecrazy nor HV near me, unfortunately.)[/QUOTE]

Who cares what someone else thinks you paid for something.

And the status is pretty nice. Too bad there's no resale value of them on ebay or you could be getting the video game, some stickers, keychain, etc for fairly cheap.

[quote name='io']Actually this has been true with just about everything I bought from Amazon, even the new releases (e.g., R&C lightning deal for $30, and there have been many others).[/QUOTE]
Man, there's a few times I'd have been pissed after a game dropped like $10 one week after release if not for the stacking. That and I didn't have to compete with Amazon's retarded lightning deal system for the rest. I love Amazon, but I'm really starting to hate how they're consistently screwing early adopters. Sometimes by as little as 24 hours.

Yeah, I was pissed when they dropped Demon's Souls and Uncharted 2 $7 each two days after I bought them. I emailed customer service and ended up getting 15 bucks in store credit.

Dammit, not sure if I want to bite still. I Just want the game, and maybe that keychain, biut I was waiting for it to hit $20. There's probably more enticing game deals coming this week that will be better suited for my money.

If this came with an art book or something, or maybe a special case for the game it'd be a no brainer, but right now it's the regular game and a few cheapish extras thrown in

Does anyone have any reviews on the figure? I've got displays specifically for game statues/figures. Love em. This one, though... I dunno... it just looks cheap. I'm sure it's solid, well made, but it LOOKS like some sort of cheap plastic toy. Not sure I'd want to display it in my family room. Anybody want to tell me I'm wrong?

[quote name='MuzykMann']Does anyone have any reviews on the figure? I've got displays specifically for game statues/figures. Love em. This one, though... I dunno... it just looks cheap. I'm sure it's solid, well made, but it LOOKS like some sort of cheap plastic toy. Not sure I'd want to display it in my family room. Anybody want to tell me I'm wrong?[/QUOTE]

I just watched an unboxing video and the guy says its pretty solid/hefty. It looks pretty nice to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvICJMCtEvg

For the people picking this up make sure to check your Email for the link to the special edition box art you can print out and stick in the case
I see that guy in the video overlooked that in his review

Just traded in my copy not too long ago for $21.. so getting the Slimer Edition for $29 is a no-brainer. I've been wanting to play this again, was just about to buy it, so might as well get this pack. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Masterkyo']Really don't fell like spend $30 on this game maybe $15 - $20 around 2010 :)[/QUOTE]

Same attitude over here. I like the show, but the game is probably a so so. $30 for a so so game is a lot of dough. Extras are nice, but no tin case :(

I probably going to hear a number of GOD DAMMIT next couple of weeks :lol: I'm betting another $5-$10 drop... They're not going anywhere.

[quote name='Serpentor']Same attitude over here. I like the show, but the game is probably a so so. $30 for a so so game is a lot of dough. Extras are nice, but no tin case :(

I probably going to hear a number of GOD DAMMIT next couple of weeks :lol: I'm betting another $5-$10 drop... They're not going anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know this is CAG.com, and I'm a CAG, but I don't really think I'll be worrying about a $5-$10 drop on this game. The original price was $90, now it's down to $30, and roughly the same price currently as the regular version without the extras. It may drop a little more, but I'm not going to be too heartbroken over it.

I already owned the regular edition for 360 (and LOVED the game!)... been wanting to play it again... so just re-purchased this edition and will just go trade my own copy in at GameStop. Thanks OP!

Wow, didn't think it was going to drop so soon. With the $10 credit i have this makes it even sweeter. thank you!

Thinking about it. I want to get my brother a game that he wont get sick of and to be honest, i got ghostbusters for my 360 and haven't played it a whole lot. I hope little big planet is on sale this week.

Has the ps3 version been patched? Read an article about it running at a much lower resolution than the standard 720p that the 360 version is running at. Seems like the 360 version has less problem, at least at launch time.

I was a little disappointed by the set when I finally got it. At least for mine it's just a bunch of random stuff tossed in a box. The stickers got a bit messed up, the keychain box was a bit crushed, and the Slimer statue wasn't what I expected. It's pretty solid but a little too realistic (I know, Slimer was ugly in the movies) and not something I'd necessarily want to display even if I don't care about people calling me a geek..!

That said it's a great price if you ARE interested in the stuff, but I'm a little sorry I bit at $40 (or for the set at all) and VERY relieved I didn't buy it for $120!!

I grew up on the movie and TV show, but I hadn't gotten around to buying the game yet because of how broke I am. I was hoping it'd drop for Black Friday, but this works too. :)

Changing the subject a bit...does anyone have any invites to Amazon Prime trials? There's something else I want to order tonight from their DVD sale, but it's under $25 and if I can avoid paying shipping that would be nice.

[quote name='Serpentor']I probably going to hear a number of GOD DAMMIT next couple of weeks :lol: I'm betting another $5-$10 drop... They're not going anywhere.[/QUOTE]

90+ posts in less than twelve hours begs to differ. That's more attention than this game has received on the site before, and it wouldn't surprise me if it finally does sell out this time.

Damn it................I'm trying to hold off on buying stuff until friday. I have $20 credit on Amazon as well...........I think I might bite. I definitely want the statue and keychain, but anyone here play the game? How is it?

[quote name='Big_Baybee']Damn it................I'm trying to hold off on buying stuff until friday. I have $20 credit on Amazon as well...........I think I might bite. I definitely want the statue and keychain, but anyone here play the game? How is it?[/QUOTE]

DO IT!! I dunno what system it is, but if it's X360 or PS3 the storyline is solid, it will give you at least a weeks worth of playing, especially if you're trying to collect everything and get achievements/trophies. You'll be out $10, no other games really coming out or that will drop much until next year...

bread's done
Back