[dead] GS/EB $10 off any 2 used PS2 games $11.99+

YUUUUUUHHHH HUHHHHH! Been waiting for something of this nature for quite a while. Heres to hoping they dont edit the coupon.

I had a good feeling after this past weeks similar GC coupon that this would be next. I was planning to pick up some other stuff at GS tomorrow, so this gives me even more incentive to go.

Last I knew Wild Arms Alter Code F and Wizardry are both $12.99...probably both hard to find though. Gradius III & IV is also $12.99.

Hate to sound stupid but is this usable online or in store only? I'd rather go in-store anyways so I actually get a case and manual and such but I'm still curious.

The previous GC coupon was weak in that the average GC game selection at the average store is pretty weak. For the PS2, there's plenty of possibilites to be had.

[quote name='RollingSkull']That would be delicious were there anything I'd buy. The only things I am considering right now are

[quote name='xdl']YUUUUUUHHHH HUHHHHH! Been waiting for something of this nature for quite a while. Heres to hoping they dont edit the coupon.[/quote]

This is a truly great coupon.

In the email it says it expires July 5th, though it doesn't say it anywhere on the coupon.

[quote name='schuerm26']Not to be negative or anything, but did anyone else get this?

There is no expiration date, AND it practically encourages multiple uses by saying only 1 coupon per visit.

This is a truly great coupon.[/quote]Expiration date is in the email, 7/5. Its time for EB/GS to clean out their PS2 stock, so they probably want you to use it multiple times.

Unfortunately no used Odin Sphere at my local stores still, so I guess I won't be able to use this to get Okami... unless someone trades in Grim Grimoire within the next week.

[quote name='schuerm26']Not to be negative or anything, but did anyone else get this?

There is no expiration date, AND it practically encourages multiple uses by saying only 1 coupon per visit.

Edit: Nevermind. I got it in my email. Awesome. Heading to about 4 places today.

Edit 2: ALSO in the email it says it expires July 5th, though it doesn't say it anywhere on the coupon.[/quote]

maybe in tiny print it says "CANNOT BE USED IN STORES NATIONWIDE" haha

I got this email too. I actually deleted the email after looking at the ad. I didn't realize that there was a coupon further down in the email after the ad.

He's referring to the last coupon like this they put out for GC games. CAG'ers quickly figured out how to get some pretty decent games for under $5 each. EB/GS very quickly edited the coupon to only include games priced over $20 I think... they also sent memos to the stores to put a stop to $3 copies of RE4 or whatever people were getting. They put a stop to the raping and pillaging real quick.

Edit: Nevermind. I got it in my email. Awesome. Heading to about 4 places today.

Edit 2: ALSO in the email it says it expires July 5th, though it doesn't say it anywhere on the coupon.[/quote]

[quote name='shrike4242']The previous GC coupon was weak in that the average GC game selection at the average store is pretty weak. For the PS2, there's plenty of possibilites to be had.[/quote]
That's my punishment for never reading the newsletters until someone mentions something.

My favorite GS is rife with Gamecube games - the selection's a tad better than the PS2. PS2 side has lots of sports and common/undesirable games but the GC display rack is full of goodies like Ikaruga and Zelda: Collector's Edition, Master's Quest, Metroid Prime 2, Power Tennis, etc. I wouldn't buy any of those outside of a coupon deal, and I guess I won't until another coupon is distributed.

It doesn't appear to be working online. I just tried entering the coupon code from the one in the email that I got from them and it wouldn't take it.

[quote name='jthieme']It doesn't appear to be working online. I just tried entering the coupon code from the one in the email that I got from them and it wouldn't take it.[/quote]

what games are u trying to get?

[quote name='jthieme']It doesn't appear to be working online. I just tried entering the coupon code from the one in the email that I got from them and it wouldn't take it.[/quote]Those coupons don't work online. They're for B&M only.

Says so in the text of the email that the coupon's pulled from.

i wonder if you still get your 10% off when using your gamer card.
I know it says it can not be combined with any other offer, but usually you still get your 10% off (IE: B2G1)

Anyone got a scan they can post? That'd be much appreciated ^^ I signed up for GS membership, but I didn't get any email =(

Terrific use of the English language.

"SAVE $10 WHEN BUY 2 USED blah blah blah" Articles, prepositions, pronouns even? Who needs 'em?

[quote name='hansford']i wonder if you still get your 10% off when using your gamer card.
I know it says it can not be combined with any other offer, but usually you still get your 10% off (IE: B2G1)[/quote]
When I used the $10 off 360 coupon, it didn't work with the EDGE card except for one case where it was a trade-in being done at the same time.

[quote name='shrike4242']When I used the $10 off 360 coupon, it didn't work with the EDGE card except for one case where it was a trade-in being done at the same time.[/quote]I guess that would give me incentive to trade in Jade Empire and Hulk: UD if I can find something to use this coupon with.

[quote name='shrike4242']When I used the $10 off 360 coupon, it didn't work with the EDGE card except for one case where it was a trade-in being done at the same time.[/quote]

yes, but you were buying your 360 new, correct?
New items are not eligable for the 10% off.

Canedaddy, you forgot this game, listed @ $12.99 on GS's site(but backordered):

Robot Alchemic Drive:
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=938434

I already own it, bought it when it was $17.99, well worth the price of admission.

Also, War Of The Monsters for PS2 was an excellent flipping game for a LONG, LONG time. I bought my original from Kmart, which had it on clearance for $15, then traded it to GS for $25 in credit more than a couple years after it released. I rebought the last copy from Kmart for it's final price of $5 and have had it ever since. Fun game, kinda reminiscent of those King Of The Monsters fighting games for Neo Geo(and the version(s) for Genesis/SNES).

[quote name='canedaddy']Good call! I didn't see it on the site.

And I too love me some War of the Monsters. I've never tried the single-player, but head-to-head is the best. :)[/quote]

You had to go in and hit 'show backordered titles' at the bottom of the screen. I had to do an original search for another game to get the chance to hit that link that shows the backordered titles.

What's your favorite move in multi player in WOTM? I'm an infamous imapler. I always pick up items which can be used like spears and throw them at my opponents.

[quote name='hansford']yes, but you were buying your 360 new, correct?
New items are not eligable for the 10% off.[/quote]They weren't used.

The "$10 off 360 coupon" I referenced earlier was the one included with the emails two weeks ago. It was $10 off any single 360 game $24.99 or more. Same wording on it, and my EDGE card didn't knock 10% off, except when I went into a store and traded in some games on the last day of the "trade 5, get 30% additional" deal.

I would expect the same situation here, that the EDGE card doesn't knock off 10% additional on the two games.

[quote name='shrike4242']They weren't used.

The "$10 off 360 coupon" I referenced earlier was the one included with the emails two weeks ago. It was $10 off any single 360 game $24.99 or more. Same wording on it, and my EDGE card didn't knock 10% off, except when I went into a store and traded in some games on the last day of the "trade 5, get 30% additional" deal.

I would expect the same situation here, that the EDGE card doesn't knock off 10% additional on the two games.[/quote]

right on.
thanks for the clarification.

[quote name='guinaevere']Terrific use of the English language.

"SAVE $10 WHEN BUY 2 USED blah blah blah" Articles, prepositions, pronouns even? Who needs 'em?[/quote]
Who you criticize Gamestop? Leave alone.

[quote name='tick221']it stacks[/quote]

Have you tried? Can you confrim? Otherwisw, I am not getting involved with this deal.

[quote name='kevzik']Have you tried? Can you confrim? Otherwisw, I am not getting involved with this deal.[/quote]
Xbox 360 deal wouldn't stack. GameCube did for me yesterday. Chances are it might with PS2 since they're trying to lower inventory for the latter two systems.

so you can print out the coupon on a regular printer, black and white, and they'll take it right? i mean they can't expect everyone to have color printers... (trying to print it at work)

bread's done
Back