[DEAD] GS/EB trade 3 games bonus 10%, 4-20%, 5-30% (w/ edgecard ~ 40%)

trade 3 games: bonus 10%
trade 4 games: bonus 20%
trade 5 games: bonus 30%

its on the 'trade in values' webpage of eb/gs. doesnt have an expiration date yet so this might be a mistake.

anyone confirm this in store?

Meh, these things never work out so well with the cheap games I like to trade in ;). I much prefer the $5 bonus deals.

But, as usual, please post trade-in values here and I (or others) will update the wiki. There might be some decent values hidden out there for some older games. I'm assuming this deal works on all systems. It would be pretty pathetic to limit this to 360/PS3/Wii/DS/PSP like the last promo. Maybe there's some old PS2 stuff I can get rid of. I might be able to scrape enough together to get the 40% bonus on 5 games. Maybe...

Tempting....don't think I have 5 games I want to give them though...and it is never as much as you'd expect even with the bonus 30-40%

[quote name='io']

But, as usual, please post trade-in values here and I (or others) will update the wiki...[/quote]
Here are the values I got for today... Too bad I didn't get the 40% for my five games. :cry:

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii) - $25
Powerpuff Girls: Relish Rampage (PS2) - $2.50
Motocross Mania 3 (PS2) - $1
Thunderstrike: Operation Phoenix (PS2) - $1
World Series of Poker: Tournament of Champions (PSP) - $7

Hope it helps! :bouncy:

[quote name='io']Meh, these things never work out so well with the cheap games I like to trade in ;). I much prefer the $5 bonus deals.[/quote]

Even with some of the not so cheap games. DS Mario 64 was one of my highest value games in the last deal, and it fetched $18.20. With this deal, even at 40% I'd get 16.80.

[quote name='io']
But, as usual, please post trade-in values here and I (or others) will update the wiki. There might be some decent values hidden out there for some older games. I'm assuming this deal works on all systems. It would be pretty pathetic to limit this to 360/PS3/Wii/DS/PSP like the last promo. Maybe there's some old PS2 stuff I can get rid of. I might be able to scrape enough together to get the 40% bonus on 5 games. Maybe...[/quote]

I saw this today, though I didn't think to look at excluded systems. The first GS I was in, the guy gave me a printed sheet with all the deals, and there's no mention of systems.

I have plenty of PS2/XBOX games that I should trade in, if I can make decent money on them. I'll help updating the wiki.

Thanks freakyzeeky, I updated the Wiki. You had a couple of new ones there.

The thing is, though, with most of the games I'd want to dump I'm gonna get a base of $1 for them. That means, whoo-hoo, $1.40 with promo! :roll:

But I suppose a couple of $1 games would be good filler if you had something at $20 or $25 like Zelda Twilight Princess.

And SNKMat, I bet they have trouble combining the two deals. They couldn't do it for me with the last promo. You need a cashier willing to do a manual override for that. And even the manager at this one store wasn't willing to do that, even to secure a preorder they usually so desperately want. His loss, I suppose...

[quote name='SNKMat']How much is an edge card. If pre-ordering you get 10% more.[/quote]
I think it costs $15... That's how much it cost me, and you get a free subscription to Game Informer mag for a year me thinks... :whistle2:k

I like these deals, but they aren't enough to wrangle up 5 games to try to get the bonus percentages, because just like freshzen said, it never does add up to the value you think you'll get.

However, if you have games you want to trade in anyway, this is a great deal.

[quote name='io']Thanks freakyzeeky, I updated the Wiki. You had a couple of new ones there.

The thing is, though, with most of the games I'd want to dump I'm gonna get a base of $1 for them. That means, whoo-hoo, $1.40 with promo! :roll:

But I suppose a couple of $1 games would be good filler if you had something at $20 or $25 like Zelda Twilight Princess.

[/quote]
Thanks, glad to help... The funny thing is that I found LoZ:TP at a Goodwill brand-new for only $6... Combine that $25 w/ that $10 coupon for PS3/Wii games and the Edge card, and I made a hefty profit... I don't even own a Wii. :cool:

Hmmm...they also list this:

Power Trade - Halo 3, Super Mario Galaxy, Guitar Hero III Trade any games towards the reservation or purchase of the following 3 games and receive an extra 20% trade credit: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii), Halo 3 (XB360), Guitar Hero III (XB360, PS3, Wii, PS2).

Expires: 9/9/07. Full trade value amount must be applied toward reserve/purchase of title. Offer not good on cash trades. Offer good on game trades only. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers.
Guess I need to call my local GS/EB for details since there are none on the website. I need to know which systems this and the other promo are limited too and what exclusions, if any.

The extra percentage is applied to all games traded in. I traded in PS2, XBOX, GC and GBA games. All got the bonus.

Even if the trade in is cheap it can still get you more. If you only have four games that trade in for a decent amount, the cheap fifth one is still getting you an extra 10% on the other four games.

Oh yeah, and you can only stack with EDGE. You can't combine with other promos.

I got $9 for NBA2k7 on 360.
$1 for NBA Live 06 xbox 360
$1.50 on NFL Street 2 for xbox
$2 for Geist
Virtua Tennis is $1 on GBA
Spyro 2 on GBA (have no idea which one it is, I just found the game) was $3
Banjo Kazooie on GBA is $1
Dragonball Z Collectible Card Game on GBA is $1
Gran Turismo 4 is $4
1080 Avalanche is $2.50

I traded in none of these.

[quote name='SNKMat']How much is an edge card. If pre-ordering you get 10% more.[/QUOTE]

Wow. 50% bonus if you put it all towards pre-orders, I like that idea.

Does anyone know if gamestop accepts for trade-in original Xbox systems with an open case (not modded, I only replaced the dvd drive)?

[quote name='malalrd']I think MHF is worth $10 before any bonuses.[/quote]

Trade that here and you'll get much better value. Hell estarland.com even gives $17. Trade it in with the other 4 games and I bet you get a better value.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I got $9 for NBA2k7 on 360.
$1 for NBA Live 06 xbox 360
[/quote]

Why didn't you offer those games here. I dont have an xbox 360, but I would have given you at least $15 for both NBA games.
You got $11 for them.

This reminds me, one time at a GS a guy was trading in his Xbox for $10. I told the guy, I'll give you $15. He says no give me $20. It was still a good deal but I said no, they are giving you $10.
The only reason I wanted the xbox was to play Half-Life 2, and maybe use it as a DVD player. Also, this other time, this young kid with his mom was gonna trade in his GBA, I think he was gonna get $5. I told him I'll give you $10, he said yes and I got a GBA. It was a win/win situation.

This other time I saw this other young kid trading in his Guitar Hero 2 for the Xbox 360. I was too late the transaction had finished.
I don't know how much he got for it.

[quote name='D_Icon']Why didn't you offer those games here. I dont have an xbox 360, but I would have given you at least $15 for both NBA games.
You got $11 for them.

[/QUOTE]

I didn't trade in any of those.

I'm about to head out with about 15 games to try and pre-order Stranglehold so I can post those values later on tonight.

I just got back and traded in 3 w/ Edge Card:

360 R6 Vegas - $30
GC - Super Smash Bros. - $16.80
Xbox - Thrillville - $7.20

I picked up Bioshock for $8.99

For the cagwiki...here are my trade ins today minus the bonus %...

Armored Core 4 (PS3) - 12USD
Test Drive Unlim 360- 9
99Nights 360- 10
R6-Vegas 360- 25
Just Cause 360- 9
Viva Pnata 360- 6
Prey 360- 4
Madden 2007 360- 2
The Darkness 360- 25
Blitz league 360- 8
TH Project 8 360- 10
Dynasty Warriors XL360- 11

As you can tell, these prices suck....I need to get on ebay.

CAG wiki updated. Please post prices BEFORE bonus. It's not worth my time to extract the non-bonus prices from whatever bonus you may have gotten (20%, 30%, whatever, then maybe Edge), so I'm just skipping those ;).

[quote name='Wolfman']I like how Gamestop will give you $12 for Lumines on PSP when it's selling for $45 on ebay.[/quote]

What's even better is how they now sell used copies of it for $35!!!! Luckily I found one there for $14.99 used before they jacked up the price. Same thing happened with Transformers for PS2 which was selling for $9.99 used...it's up to 24.99 now that the movie came out and ppl started buying it again. :booty:

[quote name='LimpDaddy']I just got back and traded in 3 w/ Edge Card:

360 R6 Vegas - $30
GC - Super Smash Bros. - $16.80
Xbox - Thrillville - $7.20

I picked up Bioshock for $8.99[/quote]

Trade-in values no extras:

360 R6 Vegas - $25
GC - Super Smash Bros. - $14
Xbox - Thrillville - $6

[quote name='LimpDaddy']Trade-in values no extras:

360 R6 Vegas - $25
GC - Super Smash Bros. - $14
Xbox - Thrillville - $6[/QUOTE]

Appreciated - I'll add those in ASAP.

Interesting, SSBM has gone UP $2 since 2 months ago. See, they don't *always* screw people over :lol:. Of course, there's no way I'd ever trade that in. In fact, my boys are playing it RIGHT NOW - and play it every few days actually. We'll see if/how that changes when Brawl comes out.

More EB/GS Trade in values for the Wiki:

Phantasy Star Universe (360) - $9
Dance Dance Revolution (360, game only) - $9
Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged (360) - $5
Genji: Dawn of the Samurai (PS2) - $2
Katamari Damacy (PS2) - $12

[quote name='pooper34']For the cagwiki...here are my trade ins today minus the bonus %...

Armored Core 4 (PS3) - 12USD
Test Drive Unlim 360- 9
99Nights 360- 10
R6-Vegas 360- 25
Just Cause 360- 9
Viva Pnata 360- 6
Prey 360- 4
Madden 2007 360- 2
The Darkness 360- 25
Blitz league 360- 8
TH Project 8 360- 10
Dynasty Warriors XL360- 11

As you can tell, these prices suck....I need to get on ebay.[/quote]

thats why i will never buy any copy of madden ever

Halo $8
Sid Meir's Pirates $7
X-Men Legends 2 $3
Sims Bustin Out $2.50
Fight Night round 3 $7
xbox controller s $5.50
before the extra 40%

I am hoping we are bestowed a 3 for $10 deal for PS2/Xbox/GC before its all next-gen all the time (kind of is now). Though it isn't going to happen.

To tell you the truth I am surprised EB/GS hasn't sent out the memo that they aren't taking in PS2/Xbox/GC trades anymore. :roll:

[quote name='paddlefoot']I am hoping we are bestowed a 3 for $10 deal for PS2/Xbox/GC before its all next-gen all the time (kind of is now). Though it isn't going to happen.

To tell you the truth I am surprised EB/GS hasn't sent out the memo that they aren't taking in PS2/Xbox/GC trades anymore. :roll:[/quote]
they stil take gba games.

i plan on ditching halo,mp5,possibly ssbm, and 2 more older games, i get 40% for each game right or does it work out the same way.

Glad to see some sort of promo for older system trade ins again. This is the main thing I miss about rhino video games though. The prices for games were usually about the same for gs and rhino but rhino always gave good trade in values. Thanks OP for the info here.

[quote name='paddlefoot']I am hoping we are bestowed a 3 for $10 deal for PS2/Xbox/GC before its all next-gen all the time (kind of is now). Though it isn't going to happen. [/quote]

If (big if) all the games you trade in are valued at $11 or more, it's as good or better than a 3 for $10. Good luck, though.

Updated wiki with awlez and gunm's trade values. Thanks guys!

So I can safely assume that there are no exceptions? (BK games is what I am thinking about to bloster the value of other games)

Before I consider this deal, can anyone confirm Oblivion (360) is valued at $2 as CAGWiki has it? I don't believe it.

So I gotta ask, anyone know what the trade-in value is for Sonic the Hedgehog on the 360? And what's the likelyhood of them taking older sports games? My dad's got ESPN Football 2K5 and NFL 2K3 that he really doesn't really want.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Here are the values I got for today... Too bad I didn't get the 40% for my five games. :cry:

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii) - $25
Powerpuff Girls: Relish Rampage (PS2) - $2.50
Motocross Mania 3 (PS2) - $1
Thunderstrike: Operation Phoenix (PS2) - $1
World Series of Poker: Tournament of Champions (PSP) - $7

Hope it helps! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

would got a lot more here

bread's done
Back