[DEAD] GS/EB trade 3 games bonus 10%, 4-20%, 5-30% (w/ edgecard ~ 40%)

trade 3 games: bonus 10%
trade 4 games: bonus 20%
trade 5 games: bonus 30%

its on the 'trade in values' webpage of eb/gs. doesnt have an expiration date yet so this might be a mistake.

anyone confirm this in store?

Some trade-in info for you:
All for the Wii
Resident Evil 4 - 15
Rayman-11
Marvel Ultimate Alliance-10
Madden 07-6
Trauma Center- 15

All before the bonus.

[quote name='movieman2742']Sorry Gotran, but any trade-in specials we offer DO NOT stack with the Power Trade offers. Which is unfortunate.[/QUOTE]

Oh, that sucks.

Well, thanks for the quick and brief response, I'll be getting 30% extra no matter which promo I choose since I'm trading in four games and Using my Edge Card.

I'll use the 4 Games 20% extra so I'll be able to distribute my trade in credit how I want to on games instead of being forced to put down $100 on Guitar Hero III.

Thanks for the notice OP, and info Movieman.

[quote name='movieman2742']Sorry Gotran, but any trade-in specials we offer DO NOT stack with the Power Trade offers. Which is unfortunate.[/quote]

according to this post at gamefaqs this guy manged to stack the deals...

right right right, we all hate on their trade in values. well actually right now there's a trade in deal that will stack.

if you trade in 3 games, you get 10% added
4 games gets you 20% added
and 5 or more games gets you 30% added

what's better, is halo 3, guitar hero III, and mario galaxy are power trade titles right now meaning any trades going towards the reserves of these three titles will receive and additional 20% added.

lastly, the edge discount card stacks as well, meaning a possible 60% increase in trade is possbile.

i traded in lumines, hot shots golf open tee, gears of war, and a few game boy games, and went from 78 dollars to 127, paying off guitar hero III and almost all of eternal sonata (i get 15% discount working there so it's less in general).

usually i never trade at gs/eb and i know lots of people hate the trade in values, but if you take advantage of this it can actually get some pretty good trade values.

just make sure they do price override for 20% first, then scan discount card, then finalize the transaction for the auto thirty percent (if it's 5 or more games)

gears of war alone got me 40 bucks in trade, which for gamestop is pretty impressive.

Link: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=927749&topic=37812296

So does this apply with movies? Maybe not using them to get the extra trade in bonsues, but does the extra percentage you stack cover it as well? For example:

I trade in 5 games valued at $1 each, three DVD's value at $2 each.

Each game nets 1.40, each DVD nets 2.80?

Trade-in values no extras:

Xbox Halo2 - $12
Xbox Halo - $8
PS2 Rocky - $4
PS2 Star Wars Ep3 - $3
GC Metroid Prime - $1.50
Total - $28.50

w/ Extras (Edge and 30% promo):

Xbox Halo2 - $17.60
Xbox Halo - $11.20
PS2 Rocky - $5.60
PS2 Star Wars Ep3 - $4.20
GC Metroid Prime - $2.10
Total - $40.70

20% for Reserving SMG - $8 :applause:

Grand total - $48.70

[quote name='LimpDaddy']Trade-in values no extras:

Xbox Halo2 - $12
Xbox Halo - $8
PS2 Rocky - $4
PS2 Star Wars Ep3 - $3
GC Metroid Prime - $1.50
Total - $28.50

w/ Extras (Edge and 30% promo):

Xbox Halo2 - $17.60
Xbox Halo - $11.20
PS2 Rocky - $5.60
PS2 Star Wars Ep3 - $4.20
GC Metroid Prime - $2.10
Total - $40.70

20% for Reserving SMG - $8 :applause:

Grand total - $48.70
[/QUOTE]

So you got the % promo and the Power Trade Promo to stack. Nice.

[quote name='Gotran']So you got the % promo and the Power Trade Promo to stack. Nice.[/quote]

Cool part of this was that I didn't even have to ask for it. The manager asked if I would like to stack my trade promo w/ a game reservation. He pointed at the sign in-store about the 20% GH3, Halo3, and SMG reservations. I was like HELLS YEAH!

[quote name='OnChkMnDS']How does reservation work at Eb games/Gamestop?[/quote]

you say you want reserve something, give them your info (name, address, so on), you put down $5 or more and you get a reciept saying how much you put down.

Well I couldn't get them to stack the pre-order bonus on top of the 30% + Edge, but I think I came out pretty damn well. I traded in a bunch of games, my total came out to $135.xx before the Edge card. Then I bought the Edge card which brought my total up to $145.xx, but then subtract 15 for the cost of the card, and brought my total down to $130.xx.

But then I bought a preowned copy of BioShock (I couldn't believe they had a used copy already) and after Edge discount I have about $80 credit left and the card paid for itself entirely already.

some trade-in values (before promos):

PS2:

Ace Combat 4 -- $3
Haunting Ground -- $7
Legacy of Kain: Defiance -- $2.50
Grand Theft Auto III -- $1.50
Maximo: Ghosts to Glory -- $1.00
LOTR: The Third Age -- $3

Xbox (original):

LOTR: Two Towers -- $.75
LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring -- $.50
Enter the Matrix -- $.50
NFL Fever 2003 -- .25
Splinter Cell -- $.25
State of Emergency -- $.50
Evil Dead: Fistful of Boomstick -- $1

360:

Gears of War - $25
Burnout Revenge -- $12

GBA:

Mario Kart Super Circuit -- $7
Tony Hawk 2 -- $.50

Gamecube:

Lego Star Wars II -- $8
Mario Superstar Baseball -- $14
Sega Soccer Slam -- $3

An update on the deal: in a GameStop e-mail I received this morning, the deal is valid through September 9, so you have some time to finish some games before you trade them in.

This won't work for movies will it? I pretty much traded in all the games I'll ever want to trade in. I am wanting Guitar Hero 3 with this power trade promotion, hopefully to be stacked with the extra percentage and the Edge card. There are a few games I could probably find, though it'd be hard to find five.

dg7md, no it does not apply to dvds. I traded in some dvds along with all the games i traded in, and the bonus did not apply to them.

roc's feather;3289615 said:
Poor Jimbo. Why would you trade in Haunting Ground?

Why shouldn't I have traded it in? I didn't like the game, and i got more than I paid for it (picked it up at that best buy clearance a while ago).

I'm considering trading in a bunch of PSP titles.
Today I took my list in to get trade in values as of today.
So for the wiki -
(ALL PSP, all before any additional discounts)
Lumines $12
Lumines II $6
Ghost in the Shell $3
Guilty Gear $9
Death Jr. $4
Daxter $5
Lemmings $6
Ultimate Ghosts n $6
Exit $2
Frantix $1
Wipeout Pure $1
The Con $2
Kingdom of Paradise $3
Capcom Classics $7
Pet Pet $4
Grand Theft Auto LCS $7
Medievil Resurrection $3
Bounty Hounds $7
Mercury Meltdown $3
Me and My Katamari $5
Gitaroo Man Lives $6

Please note, I will be choosing some along with some 360 titiles ...the list is just to share for the curious...and to support the wiki...

This is all before the promo and discount card being applied.

GameCube
Donkey Konga - $6
Donkey Konga 2 - $3
Odama - $3 (they will not take it without the microphone)
Pikmin - $3
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within - $6
Simpsons, The: Hit and Run - $8
Wario Ware Inc: Mega Party Games - $6

PlayStation 2
Grand Theft Auto Vice City - $1.50
Phantasy Star Universe - $6

Xbox 360
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG - $9

With the two applied, I got $72.10. Most of these were all bought dead cheap anyways, so no real financial loss for me.

Lousy timing to trade in Odama considering they dropped the price on it late yesterday. :bomb:

Those who took advantage of Harvest Moon DS trade-ins, GameStop dropped the price on it both New and Used.

Seems like Donkey Konga raised in trade-in value, while everything else either dropped or stayed the same for GameCube.

Heres some more to add to the wiki, from today 8/29. All prices are before bonus

360 Fuzion Frenzy 2 $10
360 Forza Motorsport 2 $25
Wii Super Paper Mario $25
Wii Transformers $18
DS Final Fantasy 3 $15
PS2 Dragonball Z Budokai 2 $1
PS2 Resident Evil 4 $8
PS2 Lego Star Wars $7

I had 2 sets of Forza and Fuzion from the Tropicana thing, so after 40% it came out to a bit over $200.

[quote name='OnChkMnDS']IS it 30% percent per game or off the total?

and which is more ?[/QUOTE]

It's 30% added to each game. But adding 30% to each game is the same thing as adding up all the games, and then adding 30% to the total.

Just traded these in. Can somebody update CAGWiki with the recent trade-in price. I don't have an acct to edit wiki.

Elder Scroll Oblivion - $8 (11.20)
DOA 4 - $10 ($14)
Gears of War - $25 ($35)
Rainbow Six Vegas - $25 ($35)
Pokemon Diamon - $18 (25.20)
Brain Age - $6 ($8.40)
Nintendog - $11 ( $15.40)

I got $144 in credits after 40% with the Edge Card bonus.

[quote name='Daring']Just traded these in. Can somebody update CAGWiki with the recent trade-in price. I don't have an acct to edit wiki.

Elder Scroll Oblivion - $8 (11.20)
DOA 4 - $10 ($14)
[/quote]

Ouch. Oblivion is down from $15 earlier this month, and DOA4 is down from $22. Wiki updated with Daring, CouRageouS, Tsukento, donut, Jimbo504, LimpDaddy, Poopfacedoo, SegaSonic01, WeaponX2099, mick16, JayDouble, and toocool17's info. Thanks to all of you!

Yesterday traded in -
360 Rainbow 6 Vegas
PS3 Tony Hawk P8
PSP Ultimate Ghosts n
PSP Guilty Gear
PSP Bounty Hounds

$92.34 to almost reserve PS3 Guitar Hero III

Did as the previous op suggested, told the staff member I would be trading all 5 to pre order PS3 GH III
He manually bumped all 5 20%
Then scanned the Edge for + 10%
Then the POS system added the + 30% for 5

Already listed all base trade in amounts for the wiki except
PS3 Tony Hawk which was $10 as of yesterday.
Also discovered PS3 Darkness is $16 as of yesterday

Will be trying this out at for wii Mario Galaxy today/tomorrow...

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Anybody know when the trade-in deal is over? I want to get in on this, but I can't get to a GS before Saturday.[/quote]

As mentioned before, September 9th (next Sunday.)

[quote name='blandstalker']Ouch. Oblivion is down from $15 earlier this month, and DOA4 is down from $22. Wiki updated with Daring, CouRageouS, Tsukento, donut, Jimbo504, LimpDaddy, Poopfacedoo, SegaSonic01, WeaponX2099, mick16, JayDouble, and toocool17's info. Thanks to all of you![/quote] YMMV is seems:

360____________________

$10 - Oblivion ($14) :whistle2:k
$25 - RB6 Vegas ($35)
$12 - 360 Dead Rising ($16.8)
Wii _____________________
$25 - Zelda ($35)
$15 - Trauma Center ($21)
$25 - Wii Paper Mario ($35)
Xbox ____________________
$4 - Psychonauts ($5.6)
GC ______________________
$5 - Eternal Darkness ($7)
$7 - Metroid Prime: Echoes ($9.8)
$1.5 - Metroid Prime ($2.1)

I got $181.30 in credit after 40% with the Edge Card (but I had to buy that today). I also purchased BioShock with my just aquired balance but I forgot to hand over the 10% off coupon that was in my pocket. 6 bucks down the hatch!
[quote name='donut']
Did as the previous op suggested, told the staff member I would be trading all 5 to pre order PS3 GH III
He manually bumped all 5 20%
Then scanned the Edge for + 10%
Then the POS system added the + 30% for 5
[/quote] I tried to get the +20% bonus for the Halo 3 preorder deal stacked with the 40% but the GS manager knew his shit and said otherwise.

[quote name='Plac1d']YMMV is seems:

360____________________

$10 - Oblivion ($14) :whistle2:k
$25 - RB6 Vegas ($35)
$12 - 360 Dead Rising ($16.8)
Wii _____________________
$25 - Zelda ($35)
$15 - Trauma Center ($21)
$25 - Wii Paper Mario ($35)
Xbox ____________________
$4 - Psychonauts ($5.6)
GC ______________________
$5 - Eternal Darkness ($7)
$7 - Metroid Prime: Echoes ($9.8)
$1.5 - Metroid Prime ($2.1)

I got $181.30 in credit after 40% with the Edge Card (but I had to buy that today). I also purchased BioShock with my just aquired balance but I forgot to hand over the 10% off coupon that was in my pocket. 6 bucks down the hatch!
I tried to get the +20% bonus for the Halo 3 preorder deal stacked with the 40% but the GS manager knew his shit and said otherwise.[/quote]

Damn, sorry you didn;t get the extrra 20%
My staff member called another store who counciled him only 2 promos in one transaction....the promos were the 20% super trade and 30% 5 games....Edge is Not a promo, it is a membership...by spending $15 annually you are given an extra 10% on any used transaction (excluding console hardware).

But if you take the game/receipt for Bioshock in, they will refund the $6.

[quote name='donut']Damn, sorry you didn;t get the extrra 20%
My staff member called another store who counciled him only 2 promos in one transaction....the promos were the 20% super trade and 30% 5 games....Edge is Not a promo, it is a membership...by spending $15 annually you are given an extra 10% on any used transaction (excluding console hardware).

But if you take the game/receipt for Bioshock in, they will refund the $6.[/QUOTE]

OH Reaaaalllyy??? I want my $5 for MP3!

[quote name='donut']Damn, sorry you didn;t get the extrra 20%

But if you take the game/receipt for Bioshock in, they will refund the $6.[/quote]The official line is one promo per transaction (i.e. the fine print on every coupon and promo), so you got lucky.

Traded in the following: (All values are BEFORE promotion or EDGE card)

Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter - $2
Kingdom Hearts - $5
Dynasty Warriors 4 (PS2) - $5
Drakengard - $4
Baten Kaitos - $4
Super Monkey Ball (Gamecube) - $3
Gamecube Memory Card (1st Party 64m) - $3
GRAW (360) - $5

Total after EDGE card: $42.50

Hope that helps the EB Wiki!

[quote name='KCircle']Traded in the following:

Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter - $2
Kingdom Hearts - $5
Dynasty Warriors 4 (PS2) - $5
Drakengard - $4
Baten Kaitos - $4
Super Monkey Ball (Gamecube) - $3
Gamecube Memory Card (1st Party 64m) - $3
GRAW (360) - $5

Total after EDGE card: $42.50

Hope that helps the EB Wiki![/quote]

5 dollars for GRAW? Wow. Those in general are terrible values, but the Edge stack and promotion make it... still pretty bad. :cold:

I was thinking of trading in some old stuff for Prime 3, but this post made me remember just how bad GS trade values are, even with this good promotion.

Can anyone confirm the trade in value of Burnout Revenge (360) as being $12 still? If so I can trade it in for more than what I bought it for used at EB just three days ago :D It'll be better than returning it, which is what I intended on doing anyway.

Here are some trade values (all before bonus) from yesteryday, all for Xbox:

these two can be added to the wiki:

Urban Chaos: $5
Reservoir Dogs: $5

these two can be updated in wiki:

Ford Bold Moves: $4
Just Cause: $7

As a side note, all were found at Best Buy in the 'front row' section for $4.99.

Also, for what its worth, an associate at my local GS manually gave me an extra 20% for reserving Mario Galaxy, on top of my Edge bonus and bonus for trading in 5 games. So, I essentially got 60% extra (10% for Edge, 30% for 5 games, 20% for resever SMG). I guess he was hard-up for a pre-order. I had actually already pre-paid for SMG and had to switch the balance over to Smash Bros. first.

[quote name='dg7md']5 dollars for GRAW? Wow. Those in general are terrible values, but the Edge stack and promotion make it... still pretty bad. :cold:

I was thinking of trading in some old stuff for Prime 3, but this post made me remember just how bad GS trade values are, even with this good promotion.[/QUOTE]

Well, those values are BEFORE the Edge or promotion.

here are some more trade in values:

xbox:
area 51 $2.50
star wars battlefront II $8
far cry instincts $7

ps2:
cabela's alaskan adventure $10
call duty 2 $5
driver parallel lines $7
flatout $5
kingdom hearts $5
kingdom hearts 2 $10
madden 07 $3
mlb 07 the show $14
need for speed most wanted $6
phantom brave $5
prince of persia two thrones $6
resident evil 4 $10
sonic mega collection $5
way of the samurai 2 $8

Before bonuses:

GBA
Super Mario World $9
Splinter Cell $2
Yu-Gi-Oh Sacred Cards $1

PS2
Indigo Prophecy $4

Xbox
Harry Potter: Prisoner of Azkawhatever $2

Also, someone traded in used Wii. Too bad I already have one.

Is there a way to check online the trade-in value of each game? Also, does the extra percentage work so it's 10, 20, or 30% of whatever the total value is? If not, do you at least know the trade-in value for RE4 collector's edition (GC), Phantasy Star Universe (PS2), MGS2 (PS2), SOCOM 3 (PS2) and FFXI (PS2, includes hard drive) or any of its expansions?

Also, where do you guys get an EDGE card, and does it have a membership fee?

Also, does this bonus cover systems in combination with games?

[quote name='SOLDIER']Is there a way to check online the trade-in value of each game? Also, does the extra percentage work so it's 10, 20, or 30% of whatever the total value is? If not, do you at least know the trade-in value for RE4 collector's edition (GC), Phantasy Star Universe (PS2), MGS2 (PS2), SOCOM 3 (PS2) and FFXI (PS2, includes hard drive) or any of its expansions?

Also, where do you guys get an EDGE card, and does it have a membership fee?

Also, does this bonus cover systems in combination with games?[/QUOTE]
scroll up and press cagwiki, then go 2 trade in values, then eb games. this will give u traed in values

edge cards can b bought 4 about 10-15 dollars for a at any eb games or gamestop. (they come with a year subscription to game informer)

and no it does not work with systems at all

hmm might go get rid of some crap with this.. pre-order halo 3.

I did this Wednesday to get the DS/Brain Age 2 Bundle.

Xbox:
Oddworld Munch's .75
Mercenaries (very hard parting with this game) 2.00
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory 1.50
Fable 3.00
Gladius 3.00
Deus Ex: IW 1.00
NFL 2K5 .25
NBA 2K3 .25

DS Lite System 70.00

360:
PGR3 4.00
Project Sylpheed 12.00
GRAW 17.00

PS2:
Stella Deus (Will get this again) 7.00

GC:
Animal Crossing 8.00

I didn't notice this until now, just looking closely at the reciept, but I gave them a memory card that the Animal Crossing game came with. It should have been a dollar or so. But I was given the value of the GAME Animal Crossing! I'll see them next week, I'll let them know what happen so they don't think something fishy went down. I was the ASM there for a few months before going into teaching, I don't want anyone getting into trouble.

I hope this helps. This place has been great for me, anything to help!

bread's done
Back