[Dead] Hot: Gameboy Advance SP Cobalt $49.99 at Kmart.com

s0undwav3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
75 (100%)
Only the Cobalt is listed as $49.99 and I just ordered one so I know it is back in stock. This deal was over at VG a few days ago but thought they had ran out, but apparently they didn't.
Link to the hot deal:
http://www.kmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1267884

My confirmation time:
Order Date: 09/27/04 at 3:41:07 PM (EDT)
Order Total: $57.99 [/url]

** Update **
As of 4:30:00 PM (EDT) this deal is now OOS. Just keep this site bookmarked as I did for a week and it came back today. Luckily I got one.

** Update 2 **
As of 7:00 PM EDT 9/29 this deal is back in stock and had 20 left. As of 8:15 EDT, 11 are left.

** Update 3 **

As of 8:45 PM EDT Several CAG'rs have found a way to get this GBA SP. Basically add the item to the wish list, then return to cart and you can add it. I'm not sure if this will work or not, but it then allows you to purchase one. I doubt anyone will get this order, as the first 2 times I tried, there were over 30 left in stock but both times I got cancellation letters.

Got in!!!!

I also had a $5 Kmart Gift Card from their Fruit of the Loom special over the summer. I applied it to the order online and got in for $51 shipped!

I was saving that gift card hoping thiswould come back.

Now to trade in my old GBA at EB for $35.

You da man soundwave!

I don't know, I have a reguar GBA, and I don't really see any point in upgrading. Especially since the DS is coming out. Are the SPs really that much better, except for the backlight and lithium battery (which I agree with)?

[quote name='HuBu']Gamestop is giving $45 for it. trade in the old and get a new.[/quote]

Is this recent? I just called and they said $15.

If they are buying for $15 how much are the used one's? $30? I need a second SP to play Zelda and FF multiplayer.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Got in!!!!

I also had a $5 Kmart Gift Card from their Fruit of the Loom special over the summer. I applied it to the order online and got in for $51 shipped!

You da man soundwave![/quote]
those numbers dont work out, you bought somthing you own for $50 to sell your old one for $35

[quote name='CaptainObviousXl'][quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Got in!!!!

You da man soundwave![/quote]
those numbers dont work out, you bought somthing you own for $50 to sell your old one for $35[/quote]

He will trade in his old regular GBA not the GBA SP. I never liked the GBA, and luckily when it first came out I bought it target, kept it for a couple of months and then returned it cause it was really bad without the backlight....

Btw, your welcome everyone. I finally have a good post I think. I can't wait to play 4 Swords and FF:CC 2 players now. My GF will be super happy she gets a GBA SP of her own now....

Reality's Fringe said:
I don't know, I have a reguar GBA, and I don't really see any point in upgrading. Especially since the DS is coming out. Are the SPs really that much better, except for the backlight and lithium battery (which I agree with)?

Yes. They are that much better...as long as you like the "feel" of it. To me its just as comfortable in the hand, so that didnt matter to me. The rechargeable battery is a god-send and has saved me a ton of money...or at least left my rechargeable batteries for my camera.

The light makes a world of difference. I doubled my GBA gaming time, mainly because i could see the screen with NO problems, and NO glare.

If you are planning on picking a up a DS later this year, i would probably suggest waiting, just remember that the DS will NOT play GB and GBC games.

Do it. *Devil's advocate*

At anyrate, I might just pick up the DS considering I could use my GBA to play GB/GBC games. I don't have many......actually, I don't think I have ANY at this point. I really need to get some good ones.

[quote name='Wshakspear']
Reality's Fringe said:

Yes. They are that much better...as long as you like the "feel" of it. To me its just as comfortable in the hand, so that didnt matter to me. The rechargeable battery is a god-send and has saved me a ton of money...or at least left my rechargeable batteries for my camera.

The light makes a world of difference. I doubled my GBA gaming time, mainly because i could see the screen with NO problems, and NO glare.

If you are planning on picking a up a DS later this year, i would probably suggest waiting, just remember that the DS will NOT play GB and GBC games.[/quote]

Don't forget that the SP is much more portable than the regular GBA and the DS.

[quote name='Querjek']Crap, I'm on the submit order page... I can't decide!![/quote]

Ha, me too. We better decide soon before some punk buys them all.

[quote name='CheapyD']

Don't forget that the SP is much more portable than[....]the DS.[/quote]

Yeah, but man, that DS looks so suh-weeeeet. Maybe I should pick up an SP just because, as I am a Nintendo whore after all.

DS won't play GBA games multiplayer (no link cable port) AND it won't play GB or GBC games. That's why I picked up an SP.

Glad someone reminded me about that little issue about the DS not playing GB/GBC games, since I was planning on getting a DS somewhere along the way.

Hopefully, they'll get this back in stock shortly.

I... am... so... tempted.... But I must resist... I already have a GBA (got it for $25 w/ Metroid Fusion about a year ago). And I am planning on having a DS in about two months. Must put this $50 towards the DS... But, oh... so... tempting...

[quote name='bmulligan']anybody know if K-Mart B&M will match their own website pricing?[/quote]

No they will not. If anything they seem to have have an anti-price match policy. If you can get a B&M to PM then somebody messed up at K-Mart.

I tried to PM this a week ago and got shot down.

Angrycopy.jpg

Damnit, everytime my less-sensible side wins, the deal is gone. Maybe I'll get it next time. By the way, I have an obsession with that picture.

Yeash, you really need a better "Backordered" picture.

How about Jack Nickleson sticking his head through the door from the Shinin'. With him saying, "It's backordered!"

[quote name='Wshakspear']Yes. They are that much better...as long as you like the "feel" of it...[/quote]

I found the SP to be much more comfortable than the original. In fact, and this could just be me, but the non SP shoulder buttons were just about impossible for me to use comfortably. I had a hell of a time playing Metroid Fusion and Mega Man Zero on that fucker, which is why I grabbed an SP as soon as they hit the shelves.

Dammit. I've never owned one, but $50 plus all the star wars games made me try to buy it. "Out of Stock". Ugh. Not fast enough. :cry:

[quote name='s0undwav3']Order Total: $57.99[/quote]

Was the ground shipping on it $8, or did you upgrade it to something quicker?

That is an awesome deal... If I wasn't already broke, or if this was in-store, I would be all over this....

Better be quick if it comes back in stock... Somebody posted this on Fatwallet.

Which means somebody will probably buy them all if they ever do come back.

bread's done
Back