(DEAD) Iron Man 2 blu combo pack $15 Walmart.com

[quote name='WormFOODx']How are you able to use the egift card in the store?[/QUOTE]There are in-store kiosks, normally in the cell phone area of the store, that allow you to order items in-store from Walmart.com.

[quote name='Mikerocosms']I don't get how people can be "Yay, Walmart!" when Walmart really wasn't going to do anything until the heat of a nationwide stink made them do something. A "Bout time, Walmart!" is more appropriate.

M[/QUOTE]

Pretty much, but still - normally they wouldn't do anything about this, so even if they're just responding to media pressure it's still pretty cool.

[quote name='shrike4242']There are in-store kiosks, normally in the cell phone area of the store, that allow you to order items in-store from Walmart.com.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I can see that... but does this mean you get in-store pickup on the release day, or do you still get it shipped to you from Walmart?

[quote name='WormFOODx']Ok, I can see that... but does this mean you get in-store pickup on the release day, or do you still get it shipped to you from Walmart?[/QUOTE]It's no different than if you ordered it from home on Walmart.com, it'll be delivered to your shipping address and not to the store, unless Site-to-Store is how you had it shipped.

[quote name='shrike4242']It's no different than if you ordered it from home on Walmart.com, it'll be delivered to your shipping address and not to the store, unless Site-to-Store is how you had it shipped.[/QUOTE]

Which honestly... site-to-store is absolutely stupid. On that note the one "supervisor" I talked to yesterday on the second call did mention to me that they canceled over 11,000 orders. So that's a pretty huge amount of money Walmart is going to lose because of their stupidity. Which honestly I'm glad. Serves them right after trying to screw us over.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Which honestly... site-to-store is absolutely stupid. On that note the one "supervisor" I talked to yesterday on the second call did mention to me that they canceled over 11,000 orders. So that's a pretty huge amount of money Walmart is going to lose because of their stupidity. Which honestly I'm glad. Serves them right after trying to screw us over.[/QUOTE]

~$10 per order, 11K orders = ~$110,000. That's nothing to Walmart. I'm not sure what the markup typically is on a Bluray, but I'd bet that they're still making money on the pre-orders, just not as much as they otherwise would. And some of the people who made a pre-order at $15 would have likely either bought IM2 somewhere else, or not bought it at all.

[quote name='msu89dawgs']~$10 per order, 11K orders = ~$110,000. That's nothing to Walmart. I'm not sure what the markup typically is on a Bluray, but I'd bet that they're still making money on the pre-orders, just not as much as they otherwise would. And some of the people who made a pre-order at $15 would have likely either bought IM2 somewhere else, or not bought it at all.[/QUOTE]

Typically the markup on a Blu-Ray title is $2-4 from whatever the sticker price is. Even then $110k is a pretty big chunk of change even for Wal-Mart. Not that it'll hurt Wal-Mart that much but I'm glad dishonest companies like this end up paying for it.

No email yet but I log on to walmart.com to check my orders and it shows a gift card sent to my email for today.
Maybe it takes 24hrs from the date listed on the order????

Edit: Taken from there site about egift cards "eGift Cards are sent via email, usually immediately or, at most, within 48 hours."
Leaning towards 48hrs since they probably have a ton (if virtual gift cards weighed anything) to send out.

Just got my gift card.

Walmart.com has selected a Walmart eGift Card for you! This card can be used for online purchases at Walmart.com. (Please note that it cannot be used at Walmart stores.)

Card Amount: $10.83
Card Number: 4815162342
PIN: 6969

Message from Walmart.com:
We are sending this eGift Card along with our sincere thanks for your understanding regarding the recent issues with the Iron Man 2 order. We appreciate your business and are dedicated to serving you better.

[quote name='dchrisd']Just got my gift card.

Walmart.com has selected a Walmart eGift Card for you! This card can be used for online purchases at Walmart.com. (Please note that it cannot be used at Walmart stores.)

Card Amount: $10.83
Card Number: 4815162342
PIN: 6969

Message from Walmart.com:
We are sending this eGift Card along with our sincere thanks for your understanding regarding the recent issues with the Iron Man 2 order. We appreciate your business and are dedicated to serving you better.[/QUOTE]

Probably not the best idea to post your card and PIN number assuming that isn't a made up number.

[quote name='whoasaywhat']24 hours from original email and still no gift card. Has anyone else not received theirs yet?[/QUOTE]

same.

Placed my order after receiving card code. Came out to $13.50 after associate discount. The discount was taken off at $24.95 and didn't reduce with the egift card. :)

Just re-ordered my as well. Turns out I had a wal mart gift card with money on it so used that in addition to the egift card so it ended up being a little over $12.

I finally got my eGiftCard and re preordered it again. Came out to $15.90 due to my state taxing online orders. Pretty pleased that WM did this when they could've just said no.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='movie_mike']Just re-ordered my Iron Man 2 and after shipping and tax came to $12.95. It's currently $19.95 at Wal-Mart.Com[/QUOTE]

Sonuvabitch! Will they refund the difference like Amazon?

[quote name='movie_mike']Just re-ordered my Iron Man 2 and after shipping and tax came to $12.95. It's currently $19.95 at Wal-Mart.Com[/QUOTE]

The first Iron Man on Blu is $19.95 on Walmart.com right now.

[quote name='movie_mike']Just re-ordered my Iron Man 2 and after shipping and tax came to $12.95. It's currently $19.95 at Wal-Mart.Com[/QUOTE]You may have ordered the single-disc version of Iron Man 2, which is $22.96 on the site right now, and the 3-disc version if $24.96. After the gift card and tax, the single disc would be around the price you paid for it. Cover art is different between the two versions.

Check to see which one you ordered:

Single disc: http://www.walmart.com/ip/14967706
3-disc: http://www.walmart.com/ip/14894256

For the $2 difference, I'll take the DVD and digital copy.

[quote name='shrike4242']

For the $2 difference, I'll take the DVD and digital copy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, although. I don't bother with either. I guess my rational is if I ever sell it but... I don't plan on selling my BR collection anytime soon.

Folks, be careful. After reordering, some how, some where, somebody got my log in info and just charged almost 600 on my credit card this morning. I couldn't even log into my Wal-Mart account because the jerkoffs changed the user name and password.

Luckily my bank has already stopped payment on the card and all the money has been put back into my account. Wal-Mart has also canceled my account with them.

All this for a stupid $15 movie...

Something I found strange: the charge for my order was showing up in my "pending transactions" online, but has since disappeared. Has this happened to anybody else/is this common with Walmart orders? I'm assuming I will actually be charged when it ships...

Apparently over 10,000+ customers had their cards and personal info snagged from Walmart here this last week. I found this out as I was paying for lunch and then my card was shut down by Bank of America's Fraud Department.

And to echo the last quote, all of this over a $15 movie... ugh...

[quote name='jbirou']Something I found strange: the charge for my order was showing up in my "pending transactions" online, but has since disappeared. Has this happened to anybody else/is this common with Walmart orders? I'm assuming I will actually be charged when it ships...[/QUOTE]

Yes, my pending charge is completely gone and there's nothing saying it was fully charged. I just took this as sign that Wal-Mart canceled my order when I told them to nuke my account with them.

I'm sorry to see others got nailed the account theft too. It really sucks. I finally got my new card yesterday and it won't be used at Wal-Mart.com every again.

Odd my order is still in "processing" and looks like everything is okay. Still I won't ever use Walmart.com ever again after this debacle. Especially since it sounds like some folks had their CC card info stolen.

My order is fine and I don't have any mysterious charges or anything, so I think I'm all right. This was really way too much hassle for a deal they should have just honored in the first place.

[quote name='adamthered']Yes, my pending charge is completely gone and there's nothing saying it was fully charged. I just took this as sign that Wal-Mart canceled my order when I told them to nuke my account with them.

I'm sorry to see others got nailed the account theft too. It really sucks. I finally got my new card yesterday and it won't be used at Wal-Mart.com every again.[/QUOTE]

Walmart.com doesn't charge your CC until the item has shipped. It did the same thing to me when i did a halo reach preorder the charge said processing for a few days and then went away. Until it was in shipping then it showed back up. Almost a month later.

[quote name='WatTsu']My order is fine and I don't have any mysterious charges or anything, so I think I'm all right. This was really way too much hassle for a deal they should have just honored in the first place.[/QUOTE]Same here on all counts.

[quote name='adamthered']

I'm sorry to see others got nailed the account theft too. It really sucks. I finally got my new card yesterday and it won't be used at Wal-Mart.com every again.[/QUOTE]

Ummm unless I'm missing something, I really doubt walmart.com was the problem...

Got the shipping notification too, but my email said I was charged full price. I checked my credit card and the charge is only $16.17, so everything should be all good.

gwaa, I just placed my order on like Friday after much debate and don't have a shipping notification yet. Hope I don't get the shaft, my wife is already bugging me as to when we are getting this..she was astounded I wasn't bringing it home in-hand on Tuesday.

bread's done
Back