Dead Island (PS3/360) $45.99 at Amazon

[quote name='Kaiser499']Gotta love waiting a week or two to buy a new game considering how fast they drop in price nowadays.[/QUOTE]

I will have to agree with you here. Prices have dropped on a lot of new releases withing a couple of weeks, especially if the game has issues or isn't received very well or it just didn't sell well on release. I have decided that I will play the wait and see game on most new releases. Plus it will give me a chance to catch up on my backlog of new games. I like to collect limited editions too, but these days they are far from limited, so if we are willing to wait, the price usually drops and we can pick them up at a nice savings.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']No deal! Needs to be at least $20-$30 cheaper than this before I'll consider it.[/QUOTE]

this. hopefully it'll drop to that area by black friday

I've never played the game but I believe I read there was a 1.2 patch that fixed the save bug.

My price point is $35 so I still holding out. I believe it will get there soon. If anything I'm hoping there will be a halloween sale

Nice price for someone who wants this game soon.

I'm holding out for the 9.99 Gamefly deal in 8 months. Lol.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Gotta love waiting a week or two to buy a new game considering how fast they drop in price nowadays.[/QUOTE]
I guess the reason why they drop in price so fast is because they don't want to compete with the November line up, about half the world will be buying CoD MW3 and the rest of the world will be picking up Saints Row, Skyrim, and Battlefield 3.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Really is a horrible game. One of my biggest purchase regrets.[/QUOTE]
I heard the game is much more fun if you play with Analog fighting instead of the default.

[quote name='strait edge follower']What made you hate it ?[/QUOTE]

Buggy as hell, constant weapon repairs, quests are always along super long distances, broken achievements, zombie ass-rape combo if 2 or more run at you, quest pathline runs you into walls and dead ends, multiplayer bug where you can't join any games without a reboot, save game corruption, budget production values, med pack bug, and in the end it's just plain boring as hell.

I really wanted to like this game. Seeing as Deus Ex is floating around the same price, if you don't already own it go for that instead.

[quote name='Troutyogurt']I heard the game is much more fun if you play with Analog fighting instead of the default.[/QUOTE]

You heard wrong, trust me. Only my opinion of course but it was one of the worst control schemes I've ever used and I did give it some time.

Not that I care about what anyone really does with their money but I highly recommend you rent this before making a purchase. Play it for 8-10 hours and see if it holds your interest.

[quote name='exaznkid']I guess the reason why they drop in price so fast is because they don't want to compete with the November line up, about half the world will be buying CoD MW3 and the rest of the world will be picking up Saints Row, Skyrim, and Battlefield 3.[/QUOTE]It's been a common thing for some time now I've been benefitting from it for the last 3-4 yrs ever since I go my PS3. It seems that over the last 2 though it no longer matters how much a game sold you'll see at least $40 w/i 6 weeks consistantly.

[quote name='Troutyogurt']I heard the game is much more fun if you play with Analog fighting instead of the default.[/QUOTE]wonder how the game would play if PS move was avail. for it.

[quote name='Enuf']wonder how the game would play if PS move was avail. for it.[/QUOTE]

Now I would be down with that. Would be cool hacking up zombies and thrusting forward with the move controller to impale them.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Now I would be down with that. Would be cool hacking up zombies and thrusting forward with the move controller to impale them.[/QUOTE]Sony dropped the ball this would've been the type of title to jump into with move, it sold well & move would provide a experience not avail. on 360 or Wii for this title. I'm surprised that they haven't figures out any title that uses swords/axes/melee is a good option too then you have the sharpshooter for FPs.

The Star Wars games(lego or clones wars) would be nice with move I'd much rather "wield" the lightsaber then pretend to like it's gonna be on Kinect. How can they be so clueless not even utilizing move for RPG's with all the weapons/spellcasting. Even a highlander game could flourish with move assuming it doesn't suck @SS like all the movies except the 1st but that's a whole different argument lol. Move has so much untapped potential but it's been a yr & we're still waiting on that "killer" must have game.

I would think it would be smart for the kinect to come with a lightsaber mock up to give you that feel. Also make the lightsaber work with the kinect so it would "see" it's movements more clearly (I can't think of a good way of wording that).

That way you get the whole feeling. Also it would help differentiate between saber moves and force moves. Oh well here's to hoping.

Really want to get this and would but just to much in backlog, hopefully a few more weeks and grab it for a bit cheaper!. But been very tempted to just say hell with it and get it like I did ICO/SoTC Collection last night on newegg.

[quote name='buffalo']Really want to get this and would but just to much in backlog, hopefully a few more weeks and grab it for a bit cheaper!. But been very tempted to just say hell with it and get it like I did ICO/SoTC Collection last night on newegg.[/QUOTE]

why not get it from TRU for $35?

This game is absolutely awful but fun as hell. I don't regret the purchase but I DO regret that they somehow hit on a wild success with all the vicious viral-spreading of that trailer video.

Would prefer games get judged on their merits without a cult of personality. This game deserved middling success, not runaway success.

That said, the melee combat is tremendously satisfying, almost embarrassingly so. It's a shame they deaden so much of the game with the stupid, stupid RPG progression. Whoever produces a mod that locks zombie hp, player hp, player damage, and all weapon stats to the same tier with a few rare variances will be my new best friend.

[quote name='RollingSkull']That said, the melee combat is tremendously satisfying, almost embarrassingly so. It's a shame they deaden so much of the game with the stupid, stupid RPG progression. Whoever produces a mod that locks zombie hp, player hp, player damage, and all weapon stats to the same tier with a few rare variances will be my new best friend.[/QUOTE]
Valve already made your mod: Left 4 Dead.

[quote name='Jodou']Valve already made your mod: Left 4 Dead.[/QUOTE]

I know it's always best to ignore the troll but... Have you even played this game?

Left 4 Dead could not possibly be more different than Dead Island. L4D is definitely a better game but the beautifully brutal melee combat of DI scratches its own itch

[quote name='RollingSkull']Left 4 Dead could not possibly be more different than Dead Island. L4D is definitely a better game but the beautifully brutal melee combat of DI scratches its own itch[/QUOTE]

But both has zombies!

I have a $30 GC to TRU so I can get it for $30 and get a $25 GC but I think I'm gonna hold out and wait till Black Friday. I'll just put it towards MW3 or Battlefield 3.

bread's done
Back