Dead Island Riptide Steelbook (GWP) - $5

pyoobez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dead+Is...on+3/6554282.p?id=1218752783221&skuId=6554282

Exclusive presell gift available only with purchase of the Dead Island Riptide video game for Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3

Hmm... I'm guessing this is a bit of a mess up to be placed for pre-order purchase, but I figured I'd share in case anyone wanted to take the gamble on preordering it and getting it. (No release date for Riptide has been set and amazon and BB are both stating 12/31/13 will be its release.)

Assassins Creed 3 didn't have it either if I am correct. I can't remember for sure though because I got rid of it in my lowball a few months back.

Ass Creed 3 does, indeed, have it. I didn't realize that Splinter Cell didn't. I guess I never noticed because it's part of a bigger package, so that's what I see on my shelf.

[quote name='Zaku77']Mine is still in the mail on its way to me, so I've not seen that in person yet. That has a slipcase, though. Doesn't the slip have the name on it?[/QUOTE]
Whoa, still in the mail. Was this a recent order? Any way to still get the Oblivion steelbook? Did you order it from Best Buy? What is sku?

[quote name='PublikDefender']Whoa, still in the mail. Was this a recent order? Any way to still get the Oblivion steelbook? Did you order it from Best Buy? What is sku?[/QUOTE]

I just bought the Oblivion Steelbook from GoHastings.com recently for around $15 used. Mine came in great condition but some say I got lucky. I couldn't find the SKU but its the 5th Anniversary edition of the game.

My store had some as well. Bought it when I got The Witcher 2 and renewed my GCU. It is indeed annoying that it has nothing on the spine, but I am a sucker for steelbooks. Thankfully unlike AC3 I will be getting this on the 360 so at least the case is the right size.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Whoa, still in the mail. Was this a recent order? Any way to still get the Oblivion steelbook? Did you order it from Best Buy? What is sku?[/QUOTE]

The Microsoft store still has them for $30, which ain't bad at all!

Picked one of these up today at my Best Buy, I think it looks cool. They have an Avengers one for the blu-ray for $7.50 with pre-order but it's pretty bland. I still may go back for it since I'm a sucker for steelbooks.

So,if I picked this up and the AC3 steelbook could I shift that $10 to a future purchase (a la gamestop) or am I essentially out of $10 for the 2 steelbooks?

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']So,if I picked this up and the AC3 steelbook could I shift that $10 to a future purchase (a la gamestop) or am I essentially out of $10 for the 2 steelbooks?[/QUOTE]I think you can get a refund as long as you have your receipt. I cancelled the AC3 pre-order I did for the steel case, and used it on Dead Island Riptide to get the steel case lol

[quote name='krashhole']I think you can get a refund as long as you have your receipt. I cancelled the AC3 pre-order I did for the steel case, and used it on Dead Island Riptide to get the steel case lol[/QUOTE]

Did you go to customer service or the checkout line?

[quote name='krashhole']I think you can get a refund as long as you have your receipt. I cancelled the AC3 pre-order I did for the steel case, and used it on Dead Island Riptide to get the steel case lol[/QUOTE]

Are you saying you basically shifted your $5 from the AC3 preorder to dead island? I was asking about this in another thread and some CAG told me that I needed to give back the steel case if I wanted to cancel my AC3 preorder so I can get my $5 back

Yes. They do not know if you got a steel case or not. The receipt just said something along the lines of Assassins Creed 3 pre-order.

GameStop has the same deal going now as it's in their latest ad. It says "pick up at time of purchase", does that mean you get it at the time you preorder or when the game releases?

5Qc8d.jpg

When it releases. I called to ask the same thing about the exclusive case they have with preordering FIFA 13 and they said you get it when you come to pick up on release date. They are a little smarter than best buy lol

Interesting. I don't mind losing $5 bucks for the steelbook since I will likely eventually pay $10 bucks for the game itself. But if any other preorder comes along between now and then I might try to transfer it.

I only want the steelbook so I probably won't be preordering from Gamestop. I imagine the game will drop in price fairly quickly.

I placed an online order, but I am going to look in store for this. I totally forgot to check this past weekend.

If it gets cancelled, I don't think it will be that big of a deal. eBay already has a lot of people trying to sell these. If it follows suit with AC3 and the Prototype 2 steelbooks, it will be pretty cheap to get one (in comparison to other steelbooks).

Snagged one at Best buy and they only had about 10 or so. They are already on eBay for $20-50, so snag them while you can. Great for a steelbook collector like myself. :)

I guess nobody would want to be a great guy and grab me one for the asking price plus shipping huh? I saw one guy on here had it selling for $12, way to screw your friends, bro.

[quote name='strizay']I guess nobody would want to be a great guy and grab me one for the asking price plus shipping huh? I saw one guy on here had it selling for $12, way to screw your friends, bro.[/QUOTE]
Case is $5(plus tax), shipping is likely gonna run $3 if doing just the regular first class mail and if you want it in one piece chances are the other person might have to spring for Priority Mail since the regular mail gets tossed around and abused regularly.

The cheapest for that is $5(if going flat rate) and change for an envelope, unless it's gone up. Then there's packing materials if they don't have them around.

So by then you might as well say it does cost $12 to ship it properly.

But hey, if you want I could go grab one for you, attach it to a carrier pigeons leg and toss them into the wind and hope it arrives. That'll be $5.30 and no bitching if it arrives with crap all over it or destroyed.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tsel']Honestly, if I would've had to play the game by myself, I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as I did. Playing it with three other friends though made it an absolute blast. I could look past the glitches and stuff because 1.) I thoroughly enjoy zombie games and 2.) I loved the weapon system. There were quite a few things that needed polishing, but I had fun nonetheless.[/QUOTE]

This! If a game is fun in co-op, I can overlook quite a few things. I never even attempted to play the game solo.

[quote name='MrBoss']Anyone get their steel book shipped from BB for the $5?[/QUOTE]

Got mine too as well as one from BB B&M for $5 as a pre-order.

bread's done
Back