Dead Island - Who Do You Voodoo B***h?

I just started plying the otehr day and I'm only Level 10, in "Busy Surviving." Doing the juicebox mission, the game is glitching on me. I have the cases I need, and the waypoint is telling me to go back to the Lifeguard Station, but once I drive up to it, it tells me to go back down the road. If I go up to the top of the station, the door is closed and the leader isn't in there.

Disappointing, to say the least. If anyone wants to play tonight, I'll probably be at it for a few more hours, at least.

SPOOGE, hey man this had me stump at first also, its not glitching, it just shows that up the road at the gas station has more juice boxes, just go to lifeguard station, right across from the work bench is a outline of where to drop the 3 cases of juicebox in the corner, do that...mission complete

[quote name='sp00ge']I just started plying the otehr day and I'm only Level 10, in "Busy Surviving." Doing the juicebox mission, the game is glitching on me. I have the cases I need, and the waypoint is telling me to go back to the Lifeguard Station, but once I drive up to it, it tells me to go back down the road. If I go up to the top of the station, the door is closed and the leader isn't in there.

Disappointing, to say the least. If anyone wants to play tonight, I'll probably be at it for a few more hours, at least.[/QUOTE]

Hey man this had me stump at first also, its not glitching, it just shows that up the road at the gas station has more juice boxes, just go to lifeguard station, right across from the work bench is a outline of where to drop the 3 cases of juicebox in the corner, do that...mission complete, ignore the waypoint.

35 hrs & now the game crashes whenever i try and load it... i can start where i left off but it goes w/out my weapons & mods... lvl 27 & i dont mind to start all the way back in act 1. any1 need help? shoot me a pm .... on xbox 360.

[quote name='Poor2More']Hey man this had me stump at first also, its not glitching, it just shows that up the road at the gas station has more juice boxes, just go to lifeguard station, right across from the work bench is a outline of where to drop the 3 cases of juicebox in the corner, do that...mission complete, ignore the waypoint.[/QUOTE]

I was even looking around to find outlines. I'll give that a try. Thanks!

UPDATE: That did it. Sadly, after maybe 8 hours, despite the zombie destroying goodness, I'm already growing tired of it. Maybe I'm just getting old, but this "fetch this, fetch that" padding is just tedious and repetitive. I'll give it a few more hours but just in case, I'm glad I picked it up used at Gamestop.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xXTwilightXx']35 hrs & now the game crashes whenever i try and load it... i can start where i left off but it goes w/out my weapons & mods... lvl 27 & i dont mind to start all the way back in act 1. any1 need help? shoot me a pm .... on xbox 360.[/QUOTE]

Im in the same boat. The save got corrupted, the games so unstable. There's nothing we can do for now. Just backup the save in case a patch can fix it. my saves been corrupted twice and I've restarted twice.

[quote name='sp00ge']I was even looking around to find outlines. I'll give that a try. Thanks!

UPDATE: That did it. Sadly, after maybe 8 hours, despite the zombie destroying goodness, I'm already growing tired of it. Maybe I'm just getting old, but this "fetch this, fetch that" padding is just tedious and repetitive. I'll give it a few more hours but just in case, I'm glad I picked it up used at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

I also echo the same feelings, the amount of fetch quest are more then modern Action/RPG's on the iOS and believe me almost every single action/RPG is 75% fetch quest. If I would of waited for it to hit the $30 price point it would of been a fantastic buy. This game is extremely glitchy, but still a very enjoyable game in doses. I keep taking breaks from Dead Island due to better new games being released on a daily basis this time of year. I stop playing on several occasions because of recent more appealing purchases including Deus Ex: Augmentation, Gears of War 3, and hopefully next week if reviews are solid X-Men Destiny. I will admit, this is a solid foundation to a new IP, and cant wait for them to improve upon this series. I seriously doubt though I will ever get around to completing Dead Island, maybe just maybe might finish the Main quest sometime down the road this year. Their are just too many quality games that will be taking up my time Gears of War 3, Dark Souls, Battlefield 3, MW3, and course ES: Skyrim.

[quote name='sp00ge']I was even looking around to find outlines. I'll give that a try. Thanks!

UPDATE: That did it. Sadly, after maybe 8 hours, despite the zombie destroying goodness, I'm already growing tired of it. Maybe I'm just getting old, but this "fetch this, fetch that" padding is just tedious and repetitive. I'll give it a few more hours but just in case, I'm glad I picked it up used at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

One thing that regained my interest for a good while is once you enter the city. Their is alot more action, and really helps Dead Island become more of what you would imagine a Zombie apocolypse would be like. There are a ton of more zombies, including more variety, Human enemies also show up which steps up the difficulty. Weapons become more abundant like plenty of ammo and guns. I'm still in the city part of the game so Im not sure where the games go's from here, but one thing that killed Dead Island for me once again is all the sewer traveling you will be doing while traversing the city.

My game was crashing a lot during the load screens over the last couple of days. I deleted and reinstalled the game and it seems to have solved the problem. Regarding the quest glitches, I really haven't run into any. Any time I thought there was a glitch it turned out that I missed the actual drop off spot, or they threw a complete curve ball (3rd speaker for 2nd head of cerebus quest) that I wasn't expecting.

Hey guys, I traded in my copy of this game. I loved it but once I beat it I was pretty much done.

Anyway, I have a free code for whatever the Arena DLC is going to be if anyone wants it.

[quote name='xXTwilightXx']@Soodmeg, worth a try but pm sent for the Arena DLC

@ DCpinoy And i already saved my un-loadable game file, hopefully they fix it![/QUOTE]

Nice, yeah I hope so too. But at this point it doesn't matter too much. My new save has already surpassed my old one.

Decided to pull the trigger on Dead Island last night since I actually found one. I didn't get to play it very much before work but I'm definitely happy with it so far. The only thing I had to do was turn off the instant online thing which I wasn't crazy about, because people kept joining my game when I didn't want them to, and now I'm paranoid it'll corrupt my save.

The woman at Walmart was amazed they had it, and in fact I asked her to get it out of the case for me and she said they didn't have any. I said yeah, there are three of them, and she's like "omg, some guy just drove 5 hours to get here and we didn't have any." WT-fuck, how do you drive 5 hours to a random Walmart without calling ahead?

Having an absolute blast with this game! Just beat it and excited to restart with my character and explore some more of the island. Unfortunately if you asked me what the actual story was about, I would have no fucking idea! The cutscenes are god awful and the storytelling is so convoluted with random bullshit it's hard to tell what the main quest line is. However with all that it's still by far one of the most fun games I've played this year!

Managed to get the purple skull and find the alter for it, and the knife you can make is nothing short of godly. One poke and their head explodes. Makes navigating zombie infested areas much much easier. The one downside though is it degrades quickly and is insanely expensive to repair ($10k+ at 20%)!

Kind of upset that after killing the main boss at the end you don't get to loot his body. Before it went to the last cutscene I saw the tiny little hand emblem indicating he had dropped some loot. I wonder what it could have been...

I have a stupid question I'll hide it under Spoilers

I was just goofing off playing through the main Lighthouse missions, I never did any of the ones at the other locations and just found the crashed Helicopter. Anyway I built my armored car and headed to Act 2 not knowing. Can I go back to the beginning area and do all my other quests or did i just fuck myself lol. I just got to the church and had to turn it off for the night so I haven't looked around much to see if I can go back through the tunnel.

Thanks

[quote name='Kezmer']I have a stupid question I'll hide it under Spoilers

I was just goofing off playing through the main Lighthouse missions, I never did any of the ones at the other locations and just found the crashed Helicopter. Anyway I built my armored car and headed to Act 2 not knowing. Can I go back to the beginning area and do all my other quests or did i just fuck myself lol. I just got to the church and had to turn it off for the night so I haven't looked around much to see if I can go back through the tunnel.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah, you can go back at any time.

Just finished my first game last night after a corrupt save and maxing out before I finished everything.

A few minor notes.

Sometimes the quest paths just go nuts. They'll try to send you unpassable ways or remove your destination when you get within 10-15 meters. Best bet if you come across any of this is to pull up the map and put a blue marker down where you need to go as it usually redirects to a proper path. (If you die with the marker on, it usually keeps it there but removes that path so you have to find it and switch it off and back on.)

And one note that's hardly a spoiler, but relates to a pretty serious glitch.

At one point, weapon storage becomes available. Watch what you put in there in terms of amount. I'd recommend only keeping about a dozen or so weapons in there, and using your skill tree to get more slots to hold weapons on your character. Noone knows how many, but the game seems to corrupt with too many weapons being stored. Happened not only to me and two friends.

The jump kick is your friend.

Definitely enjoyed the game though and plan to eventually try for the rest of the chivos as the few I have left all seem pretty do-able.

A little bummed that I couldn't buy a new copy. When I got mine Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target, BB and Gamestop were all OOS. Amazon said 2-3 weeks until they got it in so I ordered a copy off a third party. Next day, amazon had it back and then shortly after it goes on sale so meh. Ah well, the copy I got ended up being the Special Edition so I got the Arena DLC.

Oh, and periodically you may want to make a USB backup of your save.

[quote name='pyoobez']
Sometimes the quest paths just go nuts. They'll try to send you unpassable ways or remove your destination when you get within 10-15 meters. [/QUOTE]

I don't think this is a glitch. I'm pretty sure that the developers wanted to get you close to some of the areas, but have you figure out how to get to the final destination on your own.

[quote name='ufskenney']I don't think this is a glitch. I'm pretty sure that the developers wanted to get you close to some of the areas, but have you figure out how to get to the final destination on your own.[/QUOTE]

Well, there are some that do seem like they're removed just to get you to find it.

However, the impassable paths I seriously don't think were intended. They seem to be completely relegated to one particular area in general. On one instance they were in a spot that seemed like it would be on purpose. Gangs of enemies and it was a few meters away. On others though, they were 100s of meters away.

Not sure if they tie in with height issues, but that's my guess. I've noticed on a few occassions in other maps if you're too high up sometimes it'll tell you to cut through a path that obviously isn't right. When you either put on the blue marker or reach lower ground the path corrects itself.

Either way, compared to other glitches it's fairly trivial.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']I have a good feeling this will be available for $15 really soon; probably before year-end.[/QUOTE]

$15? The game has it's fair share of problems but it's not that bad. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

[quote name='pyoobez']Well, there are some that do seem like they're removed just to get you to find it.

However, the impassable paths I seriously don't think were intended. They seem to be completely relegated to one particular area in general. On one instance they were in a spot that seemed like it would be on purpose. Gangs of enemies and it was a few meters away. On others though, they were 100s of meters away.

Not sure if they tie in with height issues, but that's my guess. I've noticed on a few occassions in other maps if you're too high up sometimes it'll tell you to cut through a path that obviously isn't right. When you either put on the blue marker or reach lower ground the path corrects itself.

Either way, compared to other glitches it's fairly trivial.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like the problem I was having with the Juice Box mission. I would get really close to the destination and then it would direct me to turn around and go around to the back side of the building. As soon as you go back there, it tells you to go back around front. That is a glitch. If the waypoint system were to just disappear upon getting near the destination, it wouldn't have been nearly as frustrating.

[quote name='pyoobez']

[/QUOTE]
I was more referring to the areas that remove the marker when you get close. I would definitely agree there are a few places where the final destination needs to be a little more clear. The juice boxes and gas can missions being 2, off the top of my head. If you don't know what you are looking for, it is easy to overlook the areas that you need to drop those items off at. The moving guidance path doesn't help the situation.

You are also correct that it guides you in to an impassable area for at least one mission. I finally had to look it up to see if I was missing the way through.

As for the $15 comment, I really doubt it. It sold well enough that it was difficult to get a week or 2 after release. Alan Wake is still $20 bucks and it is ~18 months old.

Couple of more minor random glitches (more amusing than anything else) I figured I'd share...

I was returning Anne's teddy bear and ran over a zombie with the truck. Climbed out and laughed as he was stuck underneath the vehicle. Cleaned out the rest of them, thought he climbed out as I didn't see or hear him and finished the quest. Returned to the truck to see him glitched standing inside the truck cab. Hit him with a nail'd stick I had equipped and... I died. Had four bars of health too. Ran 40m back to the truck and he apparently died too.

Then I was rummaging the Lifeguard Station in the sick bay. Another glitch there (I believe anyway) as after you give Jack the medkit and save the chick who's on the table the coughs sound like they're still coming from there even though she's no longer there. Anyway, I went to check the bag there and... I got randoml teleported outside the station where you appear if you fast travel. No idea how and I tried again and couldn't get it to do it. The death screen never popped up either.

Trading mine in to BBY today while it's still hot. $41.60 for a game I've beaten to hell and only payed $49.99 for is pretty good to me.

And they give me another minor glitch...

Hopped into my game with the last few and every locker and trash can I've opened up in so far had either alcohol except one with money and one that was empty. I got close to ten just from the Lifeguard Station and a fast travel to the Lighthouse. Might tie into me doing the Hotel mission last where I raided the shelf and fridges and had 26 bottles on me which I traded to Harlan for the XP. Sort of crappy if this sticks as I doubt I could raid Brand Champagne then. Ah well, already have 10 bottles and this is just a throwaway playthrough to get the chivo for getting all four past Act I.

How well does the co-op zombie leveling system work? The one where it scales the level of the zombie for you to what your level is, but if I'm off playing with a level 20, to that guy all the zombies are his level. Does it work? I just got the game but a buddy of mine doesn't feel like making a new character, and I feel like it'll ruin the game experience for me having him be a high level while I'm so low.

Edit: Alright, what the shit. If he opens a weapon chest, it gives him a level 40 weapon and then stays open forever and I can't grab anything? Well that sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Woo, new DLC is out today! Sadly I just picked up Neverdead, FF13-2 & SCV and for the next 3 weeks there are 3-4 games i'm buying per week, so who knows when i'll find the time for it.

[quote name='Bezerker']Woo, new DLC is out today! Sadly I just picked up Neverdead, FF13-2 & SCV and for the next 3 weeks there are 3-4 games i'm buying per week, so who knows when i'll find the time for it.[/QUOTE]
avoid the dlc like the plague just google why there are so many reasons the dlc is a joke and there is a huge uproar about it. I suggest watching youtube videos and non company reviews about the dlc. Worst dlc i ever bought.... I hope DI2 never comes now they seem to be going fps non rpg/adv way now just straight linear bs...

Bought this game again since Gamestop had it on sale. I had gotten pretty far the first time but never beat the game. I know there was the duping weapon glitch and whatnot. Heard they patched all of that, so I joined some co op games with my old level 30 characer and people have figured out a way to get infinite money and duping weapons still.

I think im going to start a new game and was wanting to see if anyone here wanted to play legitimately without exploiting anything. Send me a friend request or let me know here .

So nobody then? Sadface. lol

i'll probably start my new game this weekend. If anyone wants to join just let me know. I think they have a new feature they patched that even if you join someone's game and there a higher level the enemies will still be at you level or something like that so it shouldn't be a big problem if someone joins late.

yes, except the survival DLC - which has novelty (okay, so the idea is as old as time now...) but loses its appeal quickly

Some questions. Just started the game. Only thing I did on the side so far was get the truck running and found some teddy bear for a girl. Then proceeded to drive around aimlessly

Regarding all the items I have been picking up, ie water, batteries, etc, what do you eventually do with them. I have a bunch of random items in my inventory and have no clue what the use for them will be.

To advance in the game, are there just a set amount of missions to complete, or do you just wander around looking for different areas to get to the finish.

No idea what the rage or that one meter is, where you press B (360) when it fills up.

bread's done
Back