(DEAD)Kingdom of Amalur (PC Digital Download)-Full Game Plus All DLC $11.99@Amazon

[quote name='Revanchist']http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009YLKBQY

Full game plus All DLC[/QUOTE]

Good deal but as a PSA/disclaimer this isn't all the DLC, the good news is it is the most substantive / story based (Naros/ Dead kel) but not all, it doesn't included the weapons and armor pack which would be the only one missing, as there were only 3 released.

[quote name='monkeyz']Good deal but as a PSA/disclaimer this isn't all the DLC, the good news is it is the most substantive / story based (Naros/ Dead kel) but not all, it doesn't included the weapons and armor pack which would be the only one missing, as there were only 3 released.[/QUOTE]

They keep mentioning the weapons and armor pack is with the bundle though?

[quote name='BREVITY']Steam activation?[/QUOTE]

EA games (from 3rd party sellers like Gamersgate, Amazon DVG, etc) NEVER activate on Steam period.

If you want a EA game on Steam, you gotta' buy it directly through Steam....if it's even there...

Valve and EA aren't the best of friends - that's for sure.

[quote name='MysterD']EA games (from 3rd party sellers like Gamersgate, Amazon DVG, etc) NEVER activate on Steam period.

If you want a EA game on Steam, you gotta' buy it directly through Steam....if it's even there...

Valve and EA aren't the best of friends - that's for sure.[/QUOTE]

Ya its there with all its DLC.

They'll sell stuff on Steam but they'll never give out Steam keys as they want people to use Origin (their platform).

[quote name='BREVITY']Ya its there with all its DLC.[/QUOTE]

I know KOA:R + DLC is there Steam (self-published by 38 Studios, since they were part of EA Partners program for "Indie studios")...

...I was mainly referring/insituating to DA2 being pulled from Steam (b/c of exclusive DLC on BioWare Store/Origin);
Crysis 2 once was pulled from Steam (for once having exclusive DLC on Origin, but is now back on Steam w/ Maximum Ed w/ ALL DLC since Crytek part of EA partners program);
and many Origin-required games NOT on Steam (Syndicate 2012 FPS, NFS: The Run, BF3, ME3, etc etc).

[quote name='Mooby']They'll sell stuff on Steam but they'll never give out Steam keys as they want people to use Origin (their platform).[/QUOTE]

THIS.
They (EA) are selling less games on Steam and having more new EA games require Origin, since Valve and EA ain't been friends too much...for NUMEROUS reasons.

[quote name='MysterD']EA games (from 3rd party sellers like Gamersgate, Amazon DVG, etc) NEVER activate on Steam period.

Valve and EA aren't the best of friends - that's for sure.[/QUOTE]

Playing devil's advocate, but Orange Box was a published by EA game that activates on Steam.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Playing devil's advocate, but Orange Box was a published by EA game that activates on Steam.[/QUOTE]

Older game. This is a relatively recent development with the advent of Origin.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Playing devil's advocate, but Orange Box was a published by EA game that activates on Steam.[/QUOTE]

EA does NOT own Valve.

Playing Devil's Advocate, find me ONE EA-owned company game that activates on Steam...

Only the PS3 version of Orange Box was published by EA and that didn't activate on Steam as far as I'm aware.

From what I understand and remember, Valve was not happy with that partnership.

Well EA owned companies avoid steam, but there is still some co-mingling. EA published stuff like Shank and Gatling Gears activates on Steam, even on Origin I believe. Origin also sells stuff like Sniper Elite V2, unless their versions don't activate on Steam.

I find Origin to be a nice service, I think I'll get this since it includes all DLC and I've considered buying this game in the past; and since I have Amazon credit to use...

i don't understand all the origin hate. to each their own. if there's a good cheap game, i just get it. just want to play it. it's not like you buy it and they deny you playing it. origin games play fine.

I think the Amazon rep said something about slow deal changing hamsters and that EA was fine with the deal price till it gets changed, meaning, nobody should be screwed out of the deal as long as they checkout with the lower price.

[quote name='loomis1975']I think the Amazon rep said something about slow deal changing hamsters and that EA was fine with the deal price till it gets changed, meaning, nobody should be screwed out of the deal as long as they checkout with the lower price.[/QUOTE]
looks like the hamsters kicked the bucket

pisses me off. I've been asking about this deal & checking on the Amazon deals thread, and it gets listed for 2 freakin' hours. I'm done with Amazon......

[quote name='twztid13']pisses me off. I've been asking about this deal & checking on the Amazon deals thread, and it gets listed for 2 freakin' hours. I'm done with Amazon......[/QUOTE]
It was up for more like 5+ hours and Tony mentioned in the Amazon thread that stuff on sale tonight will likely be on sale again soon based on how much demand there was.

Ea's stance on steam costs them lots of sales, there are quite a few PC games I'm not buying like mass effect 3, battlefield 3 and sim city 5 due to me refusing to use origin... hell I'd buy the games if it didn't require origin and didn't have shit drum like securerom. I know there are lots of people with the same stance as me.

[quote name='Syntax Error']EA selling the game for $12 while it sits on Steam for fifty bucks gave Origin my sale :lol:[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='Syntax Error']It was up for more like 5+ hours and Tony mentioned in the Amazon thread that stuff on sale tonight will likely be on sale again soon based on how much demand there was.[/QUOTE]
So it might come back?

[quote name='retrad']Ea's stance on steam costs them lots of sales, there are quite a few PC games I'm not buying like mass effect 3, battlefield 3 and sim city 5 due to me refusing to use origin... hell I'd buy the games if it didn't require origin and didn't have shit drum like securerom. I know there are lots of people with the same stance as me.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with this. I just don't buy EA games that are Origin only since I only want to use Steam.

I bought it, but it gives 2 dlc codes. When running the game there's like 3 other dlc listed in game menu. Why didn't I get that?

[quote name='homersteve']I bought it, but it gives 2 dlc codes. When running the game there's like 3 other dlc listed in game menu. Why didn't I get that?[/QUOTE]

Gamespot screwed it. It only came it the DLC expansions. Not the weapon/armor stuff.

bread's done
Back