(DEAD) LOTR: Extended Edition [BD] + bonus portrait set - $68 @ WBShop.com

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Update: Okay WB Shop dropped the Insider rewards discount to just 10% now, but you can still get 20% off your order with the code BDLIVE.. Use FREESHIP which gives you free shipping

http://www.wbshop.com/Lord-Of-The-Rings-Trilogy-BD-Extended-Edition/1000150857,default,pd.html

thought this deserved its own thread. I just got an email about a WB Shop exclusive version of LOTR extended edition that comes with a set of portraits. It's $84.95 on the website, but if you're a WB Insider member and sign in at wbshop.com, it drops the price down to just $63.71 (25% discount)

If you're not a WB Insider yet, simply sign up here for free and then go back to WB Shop and sign in: http://insiderrewards.warnerbros.com/

Note: if signing up directly at the insider site doesn't work, try signing up with wbshop.com first, and then use your WB ID at the insider site. I believe that's how I originally linked the two together.

Another suggestion from shrke:

[quote name='shrike4242']Trick is to log into your WB Insider account and then log into your WBShop.com account (with the same email address for both) after they've been linked. Once there, you see the discounted price.[/QUOTE]

Apply the code FREESHIP to get free shipping. With tax it comes to like $69 for me. I believe that's cheaper than anywhere else.

lotrwb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The 15 discs is annoying, but not a dealbreaker for me. Would love the EE on blu, just not at MSRP. It looks like I missed this deal but I'll keep my ear open.

[quote name='drktrpr1']Would love the EE on blu, just not at MSRP. It looks like I missed this deal but I'll keep my ear open.[/QUOTE]

Well, if you just want to avoid MSRP ($119.99), then Amazon's pre-order price of $83.99 is definitely better. Even that was still a little too much for me, so I had been going to wait too. I managed to grab it here for $68 and get two other titles that I've wanted for an additional $12 for both (neither of which I've seen for under $15 each previously), which made this deal worth it.

Overall, I don't know how much better than $83.99 you're likely to see before release (that is a 30% markdown, regardless of whether the MSRP is higher than it really should be). After it's out, you might be able to do better with a coupon somewhere or something, but it'll probably be a while until it goes down much lower than that generally.

Hmm, so i gotta a shipped email today for my $3 filler dvd - even though i said ship all together.
I also cannot click on my order in my order history. All the older history orders work, but the LoTr one just refreshes the page....bad sign maybe.

Hm, I got a shipping confirmation for the two available titles on my order as well. They also appear to have billed me for the price on them with the 20% off from the XB692 coupon taken off, but not taking into account the additional $20 off from the SAVINGS coupon at all. Huh.

As long as it all works out in the end, I don't really care. Given that by the time the LotR set ships, though, I'll be well past any return date on these, I will definitely be calling them tomorrow to be certain that it is going to work out as expected. I don't want any nasty surprises come June.

And yeah, same here, when I click the order number, the page just refreshes. This is my first (and possibly last, depending on how this goes down) time ordering from them, so I have nothing to compare it against. At least it's showing the right total on the summary page, though.

that code isnt working for me. The items in your cart are not eligible for this coupon offer.

[quote name='tranceFusion']Works for me. FREESHIP + BDLIVE brings it to $73.

Still seems too much for 3 movies..[/QUOTE]

Thanks! It was $74 for me, but NYC taxes are ridiculous. Thanks a lot!!

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Thanks! It was $74 for me, but NYC taxes are ridiculous. Thanks a lot!![/QUOTE]

Oh, I will take your 8.875! Try our 9.75

[quote name='arcane93']Hm, I got a shipping confirmation for the two available titles on my order as well. They also appear to have billed me for the price on them with the 20% off from the XB692 coupon taken off, but not taking into account the additional $20 off from the SAVINGS coupon at all. Huh.

As long as it all works out in the end, I don't really care. Given that by the time the LotR set ships, though, I'll be well past any return date on these, I will definitely be calling them tomorrow to be certain that it is going to work out as expected. I don't want any nasty surprises come June.

And yeah, same here, when I click the order number, the page just refreshes. This is my first (and possibly last, depending on how this goes down) time ordering from them, so I have nothing to compare it against. At least it's showing the right total on the summary page, though.[/QUOTE]Same here, arcane. I try to check on the status of one of my orders (True Blood S3 pre-order, Supernatural S2 pre-order and Doctor Who: Christmas Carol, all on BD, ordered with the XB692 and SAVINGS coupons), and I can't access it from the order page.

The pre-order with LOTR is still accessible without issue.

[quote name='tranceFusion']Works for me. FREESHIP + BDLIVE brings it to $73.

Still seems too much for 3 movies..[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up guys, 67.96 final price for LOTR set! Happy I decided to browse the Bluray section of CAG for once. Now to sell these extended edition dvds I have.

Put in an order - $67.96 like others - thanks for all the coupon codes. Now I'm trying to determine if it's really worth it for me to pick it up now, or if I should cancel my order and just wait for Amazon to have it on sale eventually for even cheaper.

[quote name='INCyr']Now I'm trying to determine if it's really worth it for me to pick it up now, or if I should cancel my order and just wait for Amazon to have it on sale eventually for even cheaper.[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth, I probably would have passed for now if I had just been getting it at $68 as well. What pushed it over the edge for me was being able to get in on that $20 off of $100 offer as well, and getting two other titles that are high on my list (and that usually sell for $15 or more each) for an additional $12. This deal by itself, though, I probably would have passed on.

There will almost certainly be equal or better deals down the road. It all depends on how long you're willing to wait for them.

$68 was more than good enough for me. Heck, I was fine with the $84 Amazon preorder.

Three of my favorite movies and I ditched the DVDs a while back in anticipation of this so I'm itching to watch them again.

If anyone has the three extended releases and the slipcover for all three of them (which was a free after $3.50 S&H costs if you owned all three of the sets), you can trade them in to Amazon for $19.50 credit:

http://www.amazon.com/Lord-Rings-Picture-Platinum-Extended/dp/B000654ZK0/ref=pd_cp_d_1

I'm sure a third-party sale would be a better money gain than this, though it might be something for people to keep in mind if they don't have success in getting them sold.

[quote name='shrike4242']If anyone has the three extended releases and the slipcover for all three of them (which was a free after $3.50 S&H costs if you owned all three of the sets), you can trade them in to Amazon for $19.50 credit:

http://www.amazon.com/Lord-Rings-Picture-Platinum-Extended/dp/B000654ZK0/ref=pd_cp_d_1

I'm sure a third-party sale would be a better money gain than this, though it might be something for people to keep in mind if they don't have success in getting them sold.[/QUOTE]

Is it still possible to get the slipcover for the 3 extended releases? I did not know about this... I bought them when they originally came out. A slipcase did not exist at the time...

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Is it still possible to get the slipcover for the 3 extended releases? I did not know about this... I bought them when they originally came out. A slipcase did not exist at the time...[/QUOTE]I'm sure it's no longer available, as it was a "freebie" (+ S&H) for people that bought the extended releases when they came out one at a time, as they released the complete set when ROTK was released as a separate release, including the slip cover.

The note about the slipcover I think was included either in the ROTK release or the TTT release.

[quote name='shrike4242']If anyone has the three extended releases and the slipcover for all three of them (which was a free after $3.50 S&H costs if you owned all three of the sets), you can trade them in to Amazon for $19.50 credit:

I'm sure a third-party sale would be a better money gain than this, though it might be something for people to keep in mind if they don't have success in getting them sold.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting the info and link. I was trying to figure a way to get some value for the DVD set.

Got my Maltese Falcon and Doctor Who blu-rays today. Haven't had time to call them, but my order is still listed on the WBShop site with a total cost of $80.68. Thinking about it, they really can't charge me more than I agreed to when I placed the order, and I've got the order confirmation email to prove that amount. I think I'm just going to assume for now that they wait until the last part of the order ships to take off the $20 (which makes sense, since I could still in theory cancel the LotR set) and leave it at that. If there's any problem at the point when they bill me for the LotR set, I'll just file a dispute with my credit card company.

Is the PQ going to be improved on these? if so ill buy em, otherwise im fine with the theatrical releases.

[quote name='styl3s']Is the PQ going to be improved on these? if so ill buy em, otherwise im fine with the theatrical releases.[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt that we'll know one way or the other until very close to release, when some reviewers get their hands on them. WB's not going to come right out and say that these will be improved (if they are), because that would be admitting that the theatrical ones were a mess.

That being said, if they're splitting the movies onto two discs each, they'd damn well better be improving them. Otherwise, what's the point?

[quote name='homerojay']BDLIVE code says its expired[/QUOTE]

Yeah same here. Damn, just a little bit late on this deal.

I'm going to wait and see if another deal pops up for the blu rays.

[quote name='arcane93']I highly doubt that we'll know one way or the other until very close to release, when some reviewers get their hands on them. WB's not going to come right out and say that these will be improved (if they are), because that would be admitting that the theatrical ones were a mess.

That being said, if they're splitting the movies onto two discs each, they'd damn well better be improving them. Otherwise, what's the point?[/QUOTE]

Well they did say that at least FOTR was being re-mastered didn't they?

[quote name='dmaul1114']Well they did say that at least FOTR was being re-mastered didn't they?[/QUOTE]Yes, FOTR is being re-mastered from the theatrical material already put out on BD. The theatrical material from TTT and ROTK isn't, from what I've read.

my LOTR order is still borked. Can't click on the order link. Hoping they don't cancel it since i sure don't want this copy of Volunteers I already got as filler.

Just pre-ordered this up at Barnes and Noble with that 50% off coupon, received free shipping and snagged it for $46 with tax... After that worked, went to a few more and got Tron 5 Disc for $26 and Star Wars (OT) for $25. Pretty decent day :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='movie_mike']Just picked this up at Barnes and Noble [/QUOTE]

no you didnt just pick this up. This is the version with the extended cuts, its not even out yet.

Wow... Captain technical... Okay, so I "preordered" this for $46 at B&N. Figured when people saw that I had "picked it up", they would have the where with all to see that it was preordered, not actually "picked up".

Thank the lord we have the 14 year old fact police here to make sure justice is being served on the CAG forums...

[quote name='Pookymeister']my LOTR order is still borked. Can't click on the order link. Hoping they don't cancel it since i sure don't want this copy of Volunteers I already got as filler.[/QUOTE]

Same here, but I'm not terribly worried. As far as I'm concerned, by shipping (and billing me for) part of the order, they've made a contract with me to honor the whole order, as I never would have purchased the items that they shipped without the discount from the $20 off of $100 coupon. If they want to cancel the LotR set, that's up to them, but they have to honor the $20 off anyway, and at that point refund me the $20 out of what they've already billed me. I'm more than willing to take it up with my credit card company if there's an issue.

[quote name='movie_mike']Just pre-ordered this up at Barnes and Noble with that 50% off coupon, received free shipping and snagged it for $46 with tax... After that worked, went to a few more and got Tron 5 Disc for $26 and Star Wars (OT) for $25. Pretty decent day :)[/QUOTE]

Which 50% off coupon are you talking about?

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Which 50% off coupon are you talking about?

The one that expired yesterday. ;)

Yea I decided to cancel this $67 order and go for the Barnes and noble 50% coupon deal since I had a $20 GC there. Got it for $21 shipped to house. Sweet deal!

[quote name='James in VA']C'mon, what was the B&N deal? I'm a B&N rewards member and I didn't get an e-mail or coupon.[/QUOTE]

The coupon was one of their "mystery" coupons (the ones which claim to give you anywhere from 10% to 50% off on one item in-store -- though each percentage level actually had its own coupon, meaning that if you had the right coupon, you were guaranteed a certain percentage off). The link for the 50% off coupon was posted various places around the internet, including on several other threads on this forum.

As for the deal specifically for LOTR, that was very YMMV. Some people were able to take this 50% off coupon into a Barnes and Noble store, and get the store to let them use it to pre-order the item with the ship-to-home option. However, technically by B&N rules, the coupon was for in-stock, in-store items, and should not have been accepted for pre-orders. So it was a matter of finding a cashier willing to run it through anyway despite this.

Personally, I'm not inclined to ask a cashier to risk their job to give me a deal, so I wouldn't have tried it, but to each their own.

Not that I'm one to raise dead threads back to life, though I received a shipping notification about my WBShop.com order getting shipped. Going UPS, so I should have it by the end of the week.

Nice. I still can't click on my order, but I called last week to change up my credit card since the old one was canceled and they said nothing was wrong with the order. Hopefully ill be getting my Lotr and Supernatural S2 shortly

[quote name='shrike4242']Not that I'm one to raise dead threads back to life, though I received a shipping notification about my WBShop.com order getting shipped. Going UPS, so I should have it by the end of the week.[/QUOTE]

Just checked my email and I received the same, shipped UPS Ground. Nice to get shipped a week early since that will take the better part of the week to show up most likely.

Bah, no shipping confirmation here yet. I still can't click on my order link either, and it just says "in process". Hopefully soon . . .

I got a shipping confirmation too. Mine said it should arrive on Thursday!!!! I can't wait. I just got surround sound for the house!!

[quote name='Pookymeister']Nice. I still can't click on my order, but I called last week to change up my credit card since the old one was canceled and they said nothing was wrong with the order. Hopefully ill be getting my Lotr and Supernatural S2 shortly[/QUOTE]I had a second order with Supernatural S2 & True Blood S3 and it should be shipping out tomorrow, according to the rep. I'd guess yours should be doing the same.

[quote name='arcane93']Bah, no shipping confirmation here yet. I still can't click on my order link either, and it just says "in process". Hopefully soon . . .[/QUOTE]I had the same issue with my 2nd WBShop order (order mentioned above) and called them on it. They said they're having server issues and some of the order info isn't showing up right on the website. The rep pulled up my order without an issue on her end.

Finally got my shipping confirmation -- only according to it, I was billed the full $67.96 for it, not accounting for the $20 off from the SAVINGS coupon (the $20 off of $100 one). Since the shipping confirmation for my items that had shipped earlier hadn't accounted for it either (I had figured that maybe they were waiting until the whole order was filled to apply it), it looked like they totally forgot about it. I checked my credit card account online, but the charge hasn't shown up there yet.

So I called them. Apparently, the $20 was taken off what I was actually charged, but for whatever reason was not shown on the shipping confirmation -- $6.50 was taken off of the earlier shipment, and $13.50 was taken off of this one. The woman that I spoke to said that she's been taking a lot of calls about this, and she doesn't understand why they don't print the amount actually charged in the email either.

I checked my credit card statement from the first shipment, and sure enough, it was $6.50 lower than what the shipping confirmation said. I guess I hadn't looked at my statement closely enough to notice. I'll check the cc company's site again in a few days to make sure that the $13.50 was taken off of this charge as well, but I'm sure it'll probably be fine.

So anyway, if you used the SAVINGS coupon and notice that the numbers are off on your shipping confirmation, you probably don't need to worry about it. Just check what they actually charge your credit card to be sure.

I was sitting in the special Two Towers screening last night when I got my shipping notification and amazing I got the package today it will be very hard not to watch Return of the King before the special screening next Tuesday. Set looks really great BTW I really wish the bonus discs were Blu's too but I understand.

bread's done
Back