(DEAD) LOTR: Extended Edition [BD] + bonus portrait set - $68 @ WBShop.com

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Update: Okay WB Shop dropped the Insider rewards discount to just 10% now, but you can still get 20% off your order with the code BDLIVE.. Use FREESHIP which gives you free shipping

http://www.wbshop.com/Lord-Of-The-Rings-Trilogy-BD-Extended-Edition/1000150857,default,pd.html

thought this deserved its own thread. I just got an email about a WB Shop exclusive version of LOTR extended edition that comes with a set of portraits. It's $84.95 on the website, but if you're a WB Insider member and sign in at wbshop.com, it drops the price down to just $63.71 (25% discount)

If you're not a WB Insider yet, simply sign up here for free and then go back to WB Shop and sign in: http://insiderrewards.warnerbros.com/

Note: if signing up directly at the insider site doesn't work, try signing up with wbshop.com first, and then use your WB ID at the insider site. I believe that's how I originally linked the two together.

Another suggestion from shrke:

[quote name='shrike4242']Trick is to log into your WB Insider account and then log into your WBShop.com account (with the same email address for both) after they've been linked. Once there, you see the discounted price.[/QUOTE]

Apply the code FREESHIP to get free shipping. With tax it comes to like $69 for me. I believe that's cheaper than anywhere else.

lotrwb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Was about to call about my order, and logged on to get the order number.....but it said Shipped. No email though and can't click through to find out tracking.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Was about to call about my order, and logged on to get the order number.....but it said Shipped. No email though and can't click through to find out tracking.[/QUOTE]

You'll probably get an email with the tracking number sometime this evening. That being said, UPS tracking is worthless anyway -- I got my email yesterday, so I'm sure they've shipped it by now, but the tracking info still just says "a UPS shipping label has been created."

[quote name='arcane93']You'll probably get an email with the tracking number sometime this evening. That being said, UPS tracking is worthless anyway -- I got my email yesterday, so I'm sure they've shipped it by now, but the tracking info still just says "a UPS shipping label has been created."[/QUOTE]Actually, I find UPS tracking to be light years better than USPS tracking for delivery confirmation. There's only been a once-in-a-blue-moon instance where UPS tracking wasn't working correctly compared to the numerous times I've had DC's not notify me about delivery, not show delivery until after I've received the item, and so on.

The "UPS shipping label has been created" is as it states, that someone printed the label from UPS. It's pending shipment and it'll get updated when the UPS rep picks up the box.

My tracking has said that for 2 days now. I dont think WB is up to snuff with tracking details. Take the DVD2BLU promo from months ago for instance.

[quote name='shrike4242']The "UPS shipping label has been created" is as it states, that someone printed the label from UPS. It's pending shipment and it'll get updated when the UPS rep picks up the box.[/QUOTE]

I dunno... I got the shipping notice yesterday afternoon, and it's almost 7:30pm here now, so it's been over 24 hours. I find it hard to believe that UPS hasn't done a pickup from them in all that time. My experience has been that once UPS finally starts displaying the tracking, it's fairly accurate, but it can take them a long time before that happens.

Won't argue with you about USPS, though. Their tracking is worthless.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']My tracking has said that for 2 days now. I dont think WB is up to snuff with tracking details. Take the DVD2BLU promo from months ago for instance.[/QUOTE]

Once UPS has the parcel, it's their fault if the tracking doesn't update, not WB's.

[quote name='arcane93']I dunno... I got the shipping notice yesterday afternoon, and it's almost 7:30pm here now, so it's been over 24 hours. I find it hard to believe that UPS hasn't done a pickup from them in all that time. My experience has been that once UPS finally starts displaying the tracking, it's fairly accurate, but it can take them a long time before that happens.

Won't argue with you about USPS, though. Their tracking is worthless.[/QUOTE]The only time I had a real issue with UPS tracking recently was once in the last year.

I had shipped two packages to Squaretrade for warranty replacement and for some reason, the driver who picked up the packages only scanned one of them. No where else in the shipping process did the package get scanned until it was received at the destination. Apparently, UPS doesn't always origin scan the package when they receive it at their local sorting facility, as they assume the driver will scan the package or pickup log with all of the packages on it when they pick up the packages. If they don't, the tracking information won't be updated until it hits the destination sorting hub, or a sorting hub in the middle of the shipping process.

Besides that one quirk in the last year, I've never had any issue with UPS. Or FedEx for that matter.

[quote name='Porksta']Is this getting released early? I thought it didn't come out until the 28th?[/QUOTE]

If I had to take a guess I would say that WB shipped out the individual purchases of the set along with shipping them out to retailers, hence the week early shipment for those that purchased from the WBshop.

I can be way off basis here though as I know almost nothing about distribution.

They're probably trying to make sure that most people who pre-ordered get it by release day while still using the cheapest shipping method possible. Better to have some people get it a little early than to have to field a ton of pissed-off calls from enraged fanboys.

Mine still just says "a UPS shipping label has been created" in the tracking status. :/

Looks like mine was delivered on Friday (shipped on the 21st). Was out of town and haven't checked at the front desk in my building for it yet.

Edit: Went down and picked it up. Very nice packaging. The DVD set was fancier I suppose, but I'm not a fan of big, folding out cases as they're just cumbersome to use, despite being nice to look at.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got my copy this morning. Packed in a bubble mailer, of course, and the top corners arrived a bit banged up for it. Not bad enough to be worth the effort of returning (especially given that there are no guarantees that the replacement would be any better), but I'm less than thrilled. Sent the WB Shop an email expressing my displeasure, will see if I get a response back.

On a side note, amusing that the cases specify that special features "may not be in high definition"... No kidding -- since they're all on DVD, I don't think there's any "may" about it! :lol:

Oh, don't forget about the WB Insider Rewards. There's no metion of it that I see anywhere on or in the packaging, but the digital copy codes are worth 150 points each -- 450 points total for the whole set.

[quote name='Indignate']If I had to take a guess I would say that WB shipped out the individual purchases of the set along with shipping them out to retailers, hence the week early shipment for those that purchased from the WBshop.

I can be way off basis here though as I know almost nothing about distribution.[/QUOTE]

Worked this way for me. Was annoyed at them mailing it out a week early and my bank account getting overdrawn because of it, but yeah, came mid day today, so can't complain. Bubble wrap envelope, but no damage at all, so guess I can count myself lucky.

[quote name='arcane93']

Oh, don't forget about the WB Insider Rewards . There's no metion of it that I see anywhere on or in the packaging, but the digital copy codes are worth 150 points each -- 450 points total for the whole set.[/QUOTE]

What's this?

Got mine. Nice package, and the portrait photos are quite nice; on actual photo paper, not laser prints. Of course, they'll just sit in a drawer.

bread's done
Back