Dead Mass Effect 3 Xbox 360 Collectors Edition Online at Gamestop + $10 off code

just got a shipping confirmation and ups tracking # from an order i placed earlier this afternoon. props to gamestop on this one. usually ordering from the website is slow / sucky.

Just curious, why are most people buying the CE editions? The DLC?

I'm considering the CE for 360 but not sure if it's worth it.

[quote name='H3YN0W']Just curious, why are most people buying the CE editions? The DLC?

I'm considering the CE for 360 but not sure if it's worth it.[/QUOTE]

I picked it up because the dlc character alone is $10/800 points. So if the other stuff is worth another $10 to you, it's worth it.

[quote name='Taren Fox']Since these are popping back up, their value on eBay has gone way down. They are selling for under 90 + shipping.[/QUOTE]

people selling it that low are idiots. it's like a lot of sellers don't even account for fees, and I'm not talking about powersellers who might have distributors but the ones that clearly state they just bought it at a store :roll:

Picked up 2 of the 360 CE. One to play and one to have as collector's item. Now I just need to cancel my Newegg and Amazon orders when I get shipping confirmations from GS.

I ordered one, just to keep sealed. My copy from BBY was damaged so hopefully this one arrives in good shape.

Prices of these will go back up. Maybe not immediately, but probably in a few months. I'm guessing a lot of people are seeing these inventory restocks and thinking that there was a reprint and dumping theirs on the cheap.

Screw it. Just got back from gamestop and two guys that hardly ever work were working. They had two copies of the CE, but they are still being held till tomorrow for preorder. The guy told me that I should've ordered it sooner and that even with it, they have it reserved for two other people. I understand that I should've ordered it sooner, but the guy was a douche about it. It's not like I went in there whining and moaning about it, I simply asked if they had any available.

Anyways, I'm not too disheartened about the thing. Oh well, looks like I'm just going to order it online. lol Thanks OP!

[quote name='Vinny']I ordered one, just to keep sealed. My copy from BBY was damaged so hopefully this one arrives in good shape.

Prices of these will go back up. Maybe not immediately, but probably in a few months. I'm guessing a lot of people are seeing these inventory restocks and thinking that there was a reprint and dumping theirs on the cheap.[/QUOTE]

Prices won't go back up muahaaa. Just kidding..only time will tell. Maybe I should pick up a second copy

I had $55 credit and applied that to this deal. Thanks man, I was so bummed that I didn't get my pre-order in on time and I definitely wanted to use my credit so (BOOM!) I got one and even saved $10. Awesome.

Thanks a lot OP. Was willing to pay MSRP for the CE but the $10 off sealed it for me. $80.37 for me after tax and shipping.

Just an FYI, used copies of ME3 (360) are $48 @ GS right now. Here's a stock locator link:
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/storesearch.aspx?sku=952968

Saw this last night, and decided to return the new copy I bought yesterday. Was gonna either be that, or a CE if they had any for 360, but they only had one PS3 copy left. Anyhow, figured there was no loss for me, since I wasn't going to be using the online pass anyway since I don't pay for XBL Gold.

Great deal for those in the same boat I am, or just those that don't care about the MP.

*EDIT* BWAHAHAHA, the used copy I picked up had an unused MP code AND an unused 2-day XBL Gold pass. Score!

[quote name='Stinker101']I spoke to Customer service to inquire if this is new stock or pre-order cancellations. GS CS stated these are indeed limited and the stock online is a result of those pre-orders who CC were declined, address information incomplete, and cancelled orders. Once they are gone, they are gone. CS also verified mine is in the shipping process.[/QUOTE]

Good to know for anyone on the fence.

Funny, the 360 version is still commanding $100+ on eBay even though it's in stock at GS. Guess folks just stop looking at certain places once they're convinced the production run is sold out.

Wish they had had the $10 off code earlier. I paid $92.41 for my 360 CE (7.43 tax + 4.99 "handling"). Hurt especially bad since they took away SAVER. What a rip. Going to be returning it since I got it when Amazon had it back in stock.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']people selling it that low are idiots. it's like a lot of sellers don't even account for fees, and I'm not talking about powersellers who might have distributors but the ones that clearly state they just bought it at a store :roll:[/QUOTE]

Good they eat the loss then hah

Wow, thanks for this OP. I really wanted to Preorder the collector's Edition, but due to various things going on in my life right now I totally missed out.

Hoping that my order goes through, and that all the content is actually in the box.

Can someone tell me if the From Ashes DLC still comes with the CE or if that was a pre-order option only?

[quote name='RustyMune']Can someone tell me if the From Ashes DLC still comes with the CE or if that was a pre-order option only?[/QUOTE]

From Ashes comes with all ME3 CEs.

Prices wont go back up to ME2 levels because there is a small market of people who are willing to pay 200+ for a game and you know those people made sure to buy a CE edition of ME3. Prices go up on items when they become rare and nobody was really collecting them to begin with. When everyone buys something with the intention of flipping it then the price wont shoot up because there will be a large supply.

ok now I want to return my Amazon pre-order (unopened)...I can wait to play the game and the CE doesn't seem as rare as I thought it would be, especially for PC. Does anyone have any experience with returning new products back to Amazon?

Based on what I read on their return policy, they will charge me return shipping because it isn't their "fault", but I will get 100% refund. Am I missing anything here?

[quote name='diishen']ok now I want to return my Amazon pre-order (unopened)...I can wait to play the game and the CE doesn't seem as rare as I thought it would be, especially for PC. Does anyone have any experience with returning new products back to Amazon?

Based on what I read on their return policy, they will charge me return shipping because it isn't their "fault", but I will get 100% refund. Am I missing anything here?[/QUOTE]

It will cost you $3.99 to return it. Which isn't too bad. I'm thinking of doing that with my TM PS3 game as I know I can get it cheaper than $57.98 in a few months and I won't play that game anytime soon with my backlog.

[quote name='phillip969']Prices wont go back up to ME2 levels because there is a small market of people who are willing to pay 200+ for a game and you know those people made sure to buy a CE edition of ME3. Prices go up on items when they become rare and nobody was really collecting them to begin with. When everyone buys something with the intention of flipping it then the price wont shoot up because there will be a large supply.[/QUOTE]

agreed. It will probably hover around the $120 range for a while and maybe reach maximum price of $150 which is almost half of Mass Effect 2.

Is it safe to assume that most people who ordered one before this died will be getting one? Just making sure 'cuz Toys R Us is keeping me in the dark right now so this is kinda my last shot at getting one.

[quote name='FridgeBeard']Is it safe to assume that most people who ordered one before this died will be getting one? Just making sure 'cuz Toys R Us is keeping me in the dark right now so this is kinda my last shot at getting one.[/QUOTE]

most likely yes. And you won't be disappointed by gamestop. out of the 3 places i ordered from, the gamestop version was the most mint.

anyone got theirs from gamestop yet? Just wondering if they ship these in a box or or those lame bubble mailers lol

[quote name='StarOcean']anyone got theirs from gamestop yet? Just wondering if they ship these in a box or or those lame bubble mailers lol[/QUOTE]

box. out of the 3 places i ordered from the gamestop one came in the best condition.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']box. out of the 3 places i ordered from the gamestop one came in the best condition.[/QUOTE]

awesome. Hope mine comes in a box too. Thanks for the reply

[quote name='Katsumi']Ordered my copy around 4pm EST and it shipped out around 8pm with a tracking number. :D So it is indeed the real thing yay![/QUOTE]

I ordered around 2 PM Est and I haven't gotten word that it shipped at all yet.

the one thing about gamestop.com is that they actually pack special versions of games well. Amazon is usually bad with boxed games. Best Buy is slightly better imo due to free shipping.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']the one thing about gamestop.com is that they actually pack special versions of games well. Amazon is usually bad with boxed games. Best Buy is slightly better imo due to free shipping.[/QUOTE]

Not too sure about that, last time I ordered FF XIII-2 collectors from gamestop.com, they shipped it in a bubble mailer. Some of the sides got dented from it. Thats why im kinda scared whether it will be the same for my ME3 copy.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']people selling it that low are idiots. it's like a lot of sellers don't even account for fees, and I'm not talking about powersellers who might have distributors but the ones that clearly state they just bought it at a store :roll:[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. At least make some sort of profit, you know? Then again, you really can't tell how much those sellers who sell the ME3 CE at a low price initially paid for their copies.

If they got the copies for a ridiculously reduced rate (i.e. flipping the current Batman: Arkham City BB deal) then they're making a profit albeit a small one.

These collector's editions will be highly sought after, just like the previous ones in the series. Right now, its just the deluge of people who are unloading their copies on Amazon and EBay, making very little profit. In a couple of weeks the value of Mass Effect 3 CE will go up in price fairly quickly. Its only been a few days since the game came out so prices will naturally fluctuate as the ME3 CEs are truly limited editions that will never be re-released in any capacity.

[quote name='phillip969']Prices wont go back up to ME2 levels because there is a small market of people who are willing to pay 200+ for a game and you know those people made sure to buy a CE edition of ME3. Prices go up on items when they become rare and nobody was really collecting them to begin with. When everyone buys something with the intention of flipping it then the price wont shoot up because there will be a large supply.[/QUOTE]

Ultimately, its still too early to tell if the Mass Effect 3 CE will achieve the same level of pricing that ME2 CE will. I can say that a copy will definitely cost at least $100 and hold steady for the next few months due to the limited nature of the CE.

Regardless, these are truly limited and we all know that when Bio Ware says it's limited, they mean it.

Initially getting these 'in the wild' without a preorder was a toss up; you really had to be lucky to be near a store that would actually carry the CE and not have others beat you to the purchase. Now, people are able to purchase copies in stores that were pre-order cancellations.

All that said, the Mass Effect 3 CE never had the production run of the 'seemingly limited edition' games like "Halo Reach: Legendary Edition" or any of the "Call Of Duty" limited editions and thats why people will be able to sell their copies of ME3 CE without any problems within the following months.

I'd also like to add that there are many CAG users here that are pretty much worried whether or not their orders from online retailers will actually be going through, so I have a feeling that this version of the game will indeed hold its value between the $100-$150 range in the following months.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GunPanther']Ultimately, its still too early to tell if the Mass Effect 3 CE will achieve the same level of pricing that ME2 CE will. I can say that a copy will definitely cost at least $100 and hold steady for the next few months due to the limited nature of the CE.

Regardless, these are truly limited and we all know that when Bio Ware says it's limited, they mean it.

Initially getting these 'in the wild' without a preorder was a toss up; you really had to be lucky to be near a store that would actually carry the CE and not have others beat you to the purchase. Now, people are able to purchase copies in stores that were pre-order cancellations.

All that said, the Mass Effect 3 CE never had the production run of the 'seemingly limited edition' games like "Halo Reach: Legendary Edition" or any of the "Call Of Duty" limited editions and thats why people will be able to sell their copies of ME3 CE without any problems within the following months.

I'd also like to add that there are many CAG users here that are pretty much worried whether or not their orders from online retailers will actually be going through, so I have a feeling that this version of the game will indeed hold its value between the $100-$150 range in the following months.[/QUOTE]

I dont consider a price of 100 bucks to be holding value at all for a reseller. Unless the seller had an inside deal and obtained copies for less than retail then selling at the 100 buck price point they are doing nothing but covering fees and shipping. You may make 5 bucks profit after everything. Believe me people didnt covet these things the last 2 weeks for a 5 dollar profit. People were looking at the 200 buck price tag of ME2 CE and thought this was a gold mine opportunity.

With all the copies popping up online, Target and Best Buy having extras on hand, etc... I dont see why anyone would pay 150 bucks at this point in time. If you are savvy enough to use Ebay surely you could have obtained this game at retail by now. Why would the people willing to pay 200 dollars for ME2 not already have ME3 by now?

This whole show reminds me of baseball cards. The ones that are worth money are the ones that were kept mint when nobody was collecting them. Once everyone started buying them with the intention of collecting, they lost their value.

[quote name='phillip969']I dont consider a price of 100 bucks to be holding value at all for a reseller. Unless the seller had an inside deal and obtained copies for less than retail then selling at the 100 buck price point they are doing nothing but covering fees and shipping. You may make 5 bucks profit after everything. Believe me people didnt covet these things the last 2 weeks for a 5 dollar profit.

With all the copies popping up online, Target and Best Buy having extras on hand, etc... I dont see why anyone would pay 150 bucks at this point in time. If you are savvy enough to use Ebay surely you could have obtained this game at retail by now.[/QUOTE]

You're right about the reseller angle of it, especially at the $100 level, but I find it doubtful that it will stay at $100; It will probably be more around $125-$150, especially if the condition is better than what most people are finding at the stores, which can be marginal at best in terms of finding a 'mint' or 'near mint' copy.

Sure, people won't be willing to pay a maximum of $150 for it right now, but they probably will within the folowing weeks or months as retailers will definitely be sold out of it by then. Only the really rarely visited stores in very rural areas of America will have it stocked on their shelves a year from now.

I still remember snagging a brand new copy of Mass Effect Limited Edition back in the tail end of 2008 but that was a really lucky instance as I had to pull a few strings with my contacts at my local Gamestop stores. I still find it hard to believe that I was able to get one, but my contact came through and they said it came from a GS store all the way in Minnesota.

[quote name='phillip969']I dont consider a price of 100 bucks to be holding value at all for a reseller. Unless the seller had an inside deal and obtained copies for less than retail then selling at the 100 buck price point they are doing nothing but covering fees and shipping. You may make 5 bucks profit after everything. Believe me people didnt covet these things the last 2 weeks for a 5 dollar profit. People were looking at the 200 buck price tag of ME2 CE and thought this was a gold mine opportunity.

Why would the people willing to pay 200 dollars for ME2 not already have ME3 by now?

This whole show reminds me of baseball cards. The ones that are worth money are the ones that were kept mint when nobody was collecting them. Once everyone started buying them with the intention of collecting, they lost their value.[/QUOTE]

Well it can be a 'goldmine oppurtunity' if they hang on to their copies and sell them a anywhere from 6 months, to a year from now. By that time, 'new/factory sealecd' copies of the game will have dwindled down dramatically and as you know, Bio Ware will not be re-releasing the CEs at all, so 'new' copies will command a high price.

As for people willing to pay for ME2 CE and possibly not having ME3 CE already, there are many factors that could have prevented it. SOme examples: Their pre-orders got cancelled by (fill in the blank) stores, they expected to find a copy in the wild, they forgot about the release date or were preoccupied, they were broke, they were ______ literally, fill in the blank with any reason. The point is, there will be people who missed out on being able to buy a copy at retail, so their only choice is Ebay or Amazon. If they're lucky, they'll snag one for a good price.

You're right about the baseball card phenomenon as well, although I might add that sports memorabilia collecting and their collector base is vastly different compared to the crowd that buys items like ME3 CE.

Sports fans are a different breed of collector as they have to constantly keep collecting for the sports/teams/players they like, whereas collectors of video games usually only buy 1-2 copies of any given title (limited or otherwise). Plus a series franchise like "Mass Effect" is more accessible to people as it delves into fantasy and science fiction. Sports are really popular in video games too, but will never command high prices because sports titles are released on a yearly basis. Mass Effect 1 (Platinum Hits) still commands anywhere from $10-$20 new (depending on where you look) and (for example) Madden 2008 can be had for as little as $0.50 cents for a new copy.

bread's done
Back