Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Coupons valid 5/5 - 6/1
Splinter Cell Blacklist is on the cover of the mag/booklet
Prices in () are AFTER COUPON

$20 off Borderlands 2($20)
PS3 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Borderl...id=1218402136474&skuId=3433069&st=borderlands 2&lp=2&cp=1
X360 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Borderl...id=1218402131364&skuId=3433032&st=borderlands 2&lp=1&cp=1
$20 off NCAA FootBall 13($40)
PS3 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/NCAA+Fo...3662.p?id=1218538976471&skuId=4833662&st=ncaa football 13&lp=3&cp=1
X360 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/NCAA+Fo...3708.p?id=1218538976607&skuId=4833708&st=ncaa football 13&lp=2&cp=1

$15 off GOW Ascension ($25) http://www.bestbuy.com/site/God+of+War%3A+Ascension+-+PlayStation+3/5272444.p;jsessionid=C63EFCA189541F8445F2E596A50FB67D.bbolsp-app01-174?id=1218629939809&skuId=5272444&st=god of war&lp=1&cp=1

$10 off Injustice Gods Among Us($50)
PS3 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Injusti...p?id=1218705941927&skuId=5924102&st=injustice: gods among us&lp=2&cp=1
X360 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Injusti...p?id=1218705943570&skuId=5924139&st=injustice: gods among us&lp=1&cp=1
Wii-U http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Injusti...p?id=1218705944674&skuId=5924148&st=injustice &lp=3&cp=1

$10 off Fallen Earth Blood Sports or Rift Storm Legion for PC
($10)Rift Storm Legion http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rift:+S...8672.p?id=1218768192809&skuId=6638672&st=rift storm legion&lp=1&cp=1
($10) Fallen Earth Blood Sports http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Fallen-...dows/1122132.p?id=1218223233664&skuId=1122132

$10 off any USED game $30 or more http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Video-G...ed/pcmcat203500050000.c?id=pcmcat203500050000

$10 off SELECT Afterglow controllers http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...ist=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&fs=saas&iht=n

$20 off HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition ($140) http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Hauppau...608353.p?id=1218761710047&skuId=6608353&st=HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition&cp=1&lp=1

($19.99/$17.99) USED NCAA 13 w/$10 off coupon + 10% GCU
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...ist=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&fs=saas&iht=n

If you think the @Gamer coupons have been lackluster, want more total coupons, coupons on systems & PS Vita/3DS games SPEAK UP HERE so they will change them.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...-diversity-to-the-gamer-magazine/idi-p/650023

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='marineal']why would anyone buy GOW: Ascension for $25. Game pretty much bombed, watch it go for cheap on November.[/QUOTE]

Oh I don't know...

1. They want to beat it and trade it while the value is still fairly decent.
2. They will be spending too much time playing the new games coming out in the fall.
3. They want to?

[quote name='ultramanJ']How much lower do you really think a big PS3 first party game will go? $5 less? And by then it could be a GH release with no free All Stars DLC and possibly a dead multiplayer scene. Just something to consider.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling it's standard price is going to hit $19.99 sooner than expected because it didn't sell as well as they figured. As for the multiplayer, personally I could care less about that. I've never considered playing a god of war game for it's multiplayer.

$25 isn't bad, but it seems lately when I look back at the PS3 deals and drops it's making it harder for me to bite on anything knowing for a fact that there's going to be a drop.

The only thing I wonder is where the hell the Twisted Metal price drop went! lol

[quote name='Namerson']Is there a way to switch to digital? It's the 16th and I've yet to receive the my magazine. I would really like to get Ascension before they raise the price up[/QUOTE]

I'd contact customer service if I were you. They can look up your account and see that you're a member and might just manually discount the game down to $25 for you.

[quote name='marineal']why would anyone buy GOW: Ascension for $25. Game pretty much bombed, watch it go for cheap on November.[/QUOTE]

I had no idea Nostradamus was a member at CAG. You mean to tell us a game will drop in price in 6 months?! That's just crazy talk.

I can guarantee that 99% of games available today will be cheaper in November. That always happens regardless of any other factors such as how good or bad a game is or how well it sells. Games get cheaper over time. If waiting doesn't matter to someone, they can wait and always find a better deal.

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']I have a feeling it's standard price is going to hit $19.99 sooner than expected because it didn't sell as well as they figured. As for the multiplayer, personally I could care less about that. I've never considered playing a god of war game for it's multiplayer.

$25 isn't bad, but it seems lately when I look back at the PS3 deals and drops it's making it harder for me to bite on anything knowing for a fact that there's going to be a drop.

The only thing I wonder is where the hell the Twisted Metal price drop went! lol[/QUOTE]

Twisted Metal has been $19.99 on sale. I think it was at Best Buy several months ago. I agree that it should have dropped MSRP a lot faster than it has. Of course, you bringing up Twisted Metal pricing kind of argues against your own point...

[quote name='WNYX585AM']Since we got 14 pages of people complaining about the @Gamer coupons before the GOW price drop and Afterglow sale, does this mean we will now get another 14 pages of people recanting their statements and admitting @Gamer is not as big of a rip off as they formerly proclaimed?
[/QUOTE]
Sorry dude, the deals are near universally panned as being shitty on here. This is cheap ass gamer, not moderately well priced gamer.

[quote name='therealdanhill']Sorry dude, the deals are near universally panned as being shitty on here. This is cheap ass gamer, not moderately well priced gamer.[/QUOTE]

Unwritten rule that the weakest argument is the one that uses the name of this site as the basis.

The question isn't whether it's cheap. The question is whether the deals are good. all the bitching in this thread to begin the month was a little over the top now that we see the deals get a little better.

Now, you might still believe they are bad. That's fine. Can't please everyone.

It would be good if they even pleased over half of all subscribers. Going by the comments here, that doesn't ever seem to be the case. Not that this site is the measuring stick of all customers.

There has been worse months though. I can't play borderlands 2 but 20 bucks is good for a game with that much content. The rest of the coupons can suck an egg :p

[quote name='therealdanhill']Sorry dude, the deals are near universally panned as being shitty on here. This is cheap ass gamer, not moderately well priced gamer.[/QUOTE]

What is cheap? What is moderately well priced? The fact that multiple people are using the coupon and multiple people are asking how they can get the coupon tells me it must be a pretty good deal and that @Gamer coupons are not completely dead or useless.

just what were people expecting to get for $15 a year? I get more than my money's worth just with the preorders. People that are happy with it are not going to post how happy they are, so of course the forum is going to have only the complaints.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']What is cheap? What is moderately well priced? The fact that multiple people are using the coupon and multiple people are asking how they can get the coupon tells me it must be a pretty good deal and that @Gamer coupons are not completely dead or useless.[/QUOTE]

just ignore him, he just wants to get the game for free with the coupon discount.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']What is cheap? What is moderately well priced? The fact that multiple people are using the coupon and multiple people are asking how they can get the coupon tells me it must be a pretty good deal and that @Gamer coupons are not completely dead or useless.[/QUOTE]
Not really a valid argument, since some people value their coupons so little that they were completely willing to give them away (like MLB / Sleeping Dogs and the other one last month). It really just shows that some people want a given deal, but don't want to pay for the magazine, which is pretty standard around here.

Thank God for MSRP drop on god of war- since we all know best buy doesnt like to have sale prices on games that it also has coupons for

Got it for 25 thanks OP!

[quote name='therealdanhill']It would be good if they even pleased over half of all subscribers. Going by the comments here, that doesn't ever seem to be the case. Not that this site is the measuring stick of all customers.

There has been worse months though. I can't play borderlands 2 but 20 bucks is good for a game with that much content. The rest of the coupons can suck an egg :p[/QUOTE]again, how can u judge all the coupons when the month isn`t over. A $40 or more injustice sale changes everything

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Thank God for MSRP drop on god of war- since we all know best buy doesnt like to have sale prices on games that it also has coupons for

Got it for 25 thanks OP![/QUOTE]MSRP has generally been better than sales anyways outta the march that everyone gushes over only B:AC & FF were sales. Plus I think we`re up to 4 stacks this issue.

Not using any coupons again. Online codes only.

AVAILABLE COUPONS:

$20 off NCAA FootBall 13($40)
$10 off Injustice Gods Among Us
$10 off Fallen Earth Blood Sports or Rift Storm Legion for PC
$20 off HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition

[quote name='strait edge follower']god of war is 25$ base value at gamestop as a value trade in atm for those who beat the game quick (took me less than 9 hours)[/QUOTE]

Damn, that`s $40 w/the 60% bonus at GS hope they do 50% this weekend vs the b2g1

[quote name='strait edge follower']i saw a few signs in store. one had god of war for 25, wwe 13 for 28, naruto for 25 or 28 (cant remember) and bioshock infanite for 30$[/QUOTE]

You go to GS enough to know that those are more than likely promotion included values.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']You go to GS enough to know that those are more than likely promotion included values.[/QUOTE]

im guessing its a new wave of value trade ins like they always do. it said ”value trade in up to 27.50$ with pur”

[quote name='strait edge follower']im guessing its a new wave of value trade ins like they always do. it said ”value trade in up to 27.50$ with pur”[/QUOTE]

if thats really the base i will probably trade it in then. seems too high though. ill check it out.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']if thats really the base i will probably trade it in then. seems too high though. ill check it out.[/QUOTE]

after zelda being 40$ (god i made huge bank off of that) nothing is impossible lol

Since I didn't have to use my $5 reward cert on KHDDD at Best Buy today, I have to figure out which game + coupon deal to use it one. GoW for $20? I speculate I will find it cheaper in the future, if the price history of the other GoW games is any indication. BL2 for $15? Probably better to hold out for a future sale on the inevitable GOTY/Complete/Ultimate edition. Hmmm, if I can find some really good/valuable used game $29.99 and up to use it on, that might be the best. Decisions, decisions...

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']You go to GS enough to know that those are more than likely promotion included values.[/QUOTE]
some1 already posted god of war ascenson tiv today, it was $17 base, so I am not sure whether it is actually $25. Gamestop website/ banner tiv does not always reflect their actual tiv.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Just got back from GS. Base is $17 for ascension.[/QUOTE]
i guess you just done tradingin your kingdom heart . lol

[quote name='YBX87']i guess you just done tradingin your kingdom heart . lol[/QUOTE]

No not yet. I ordered online. I have my copy but dont want to risk trading it in and my order not being fulfilled. Screwing me in the process.

Im also waiting for my 50% bonus trade coupon to follow through. Have a huge incoming trade.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']No not yet. I ordered online. I have my copy but dont want to risk trading it in and my order not being fulfilled. Screwing me in the process.

Im also waiting for my 50% bonus trade coupon to follow through. Have a huge incoming trade.[/QUOTE]
is the 50% bonus trade coupon from renewing your powerup pay membership?

Yes.

With finals just ending recently I have run through 4 games on my 5th now. Maxing trophies/achievements as well for those that are not nintendo. So planning to trade all those in as well as a PS3 controller. Maybe two. And apparently it works on anything. So I was told it should work on an iPhone as well (GS manager told me that). Should have my next gen console credit with this trade alone. Haha.

About GoW Ascension:

Are there any special copies to look out for at Best Buy? Like a pre-order sticker attached to the cover similar to Prototype 2's hardened steel Best Buy exclusive? Or first-run copies similar to EA's "limited edition?"

I found this about the Best Buy pre-order bonus but I don't know if the code was sent via email or if there is a chance you could still get it in store. Help?

Best Buy:
NOTE: These items are provided on a voucher for those who pre-order the game:
- Mjölnir, the Hammer of Thor, for use in multiplayer
- $20 in Reward Certificates for Gamers Club Unlocked members
- Mythological Heroes Multiplayer Pack
Taken from https://support.us.playstation.com/...ion:-list-of-pre-order-bonuses-from-retailers

Thanks OP! Was waiting on $20 or under for Ascension, but I figured I'd rather play it now for $25 than wait 5 months for sub-$20. I think that's the first @gamer coupon I've used in the last half a year (miss those crazy deals from last spring/summer).

[quote name='PublikDefender']About GoW Ascension:

Are there any special copies to look out for at Best Buy? Like a pre-order sticker attached to the cover similar to Prototype 2's hardened steel Best Buy exclusive? Or first-run copies similar to EA's "limited edition?"

I found this about the Best Buy pre-order bonus but I don't know if the code was sent via email or if there is a chance you could still get it in store. Help?

Best Buy:
Taken from https://support.us.playstation.com/...ion:-list-of-pre-order-bonuses-from-retailers[/QUOTE]

It was sent via email I believe, though none of that DLC is that great or even useful.

[quote name='PublikDefender']About GoW Ascension:

Best Buy:
Taken from https://support.us.playstation.com/...ion:-list-of-pre-order-bonuses-from-retailers[/QUOTE]

I opened mine and I think it's a Best Buy specific version. The insert with the online pass code on it has pictures and details for the Mjolnir and Mythological Heroes DLC. I punched in the UPC (711719991885) on Amazon and nothing came up, so probably for the first run printing, it's different SKU. Maybe someone who bought it at another store can confirm?

Just opened my copy of Ascension, and mine also has the code/card for the Best Buy exclusive DLC inside. No special stickers/marking (only sticker on the packaging was advertising that there's a free demo of The Last of Us included).

Btw, the other insert that tells how to redeem the Last of Us demo also includes a code for Zeus and Isaac Clarke DLC for Playstation All Stars Battle Royale.

Maybe it's just me, but I found it really odd that the new Total Recall(Colin Farrell:drool:) includes a demo for GOW Ascension. Saw it at Best Buy on bluray. Didn't know it was remade.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Maybe it's just me, but I found it really odd that the new Total Recall(Colin Farrell:drool:) includes a demo for GOW Ascension. Saw it at Best Buy on bluray. Didn't know it was remade.[/QUOTE]

Sony does this. District 9 had God of War 3 demo code packed in.

(Which is kind of funny actually, considering the fact that most of the props for the movie were recycled from the Halo movie teaser that got infinitely delayed due to funding.)

I waited for GoW: Ascension to drop in price. I thought this was my break but BestBuy does not seem to keep the magazine in stock in stores anymore. I read on another forum (I think Slickdeals.net) that sometimes they will just honor the coupon if they don't have any @Gamer magazines in stock to buy, but I had no such luck--at 2 different locations. It's not worth buying a year's worth of subscriptions for $15 to get a $15 off coupon because the likelihood I will ever use another coupon is very slim. What a wash. :(

Anyone have a spare God of War coupon I could use?

[quote name='eyeofnewt']I waited for GoW: Ascension to drop in price. I thought this was my break but BestBuy does not seem to keep the magazine in stock in stores anymore. I read on another forum (I think Slickdeals.net) that sometimes they will just honor the coupon if they don't have any @Gamer magazines in stock to buy, but I had no such luck--at 2 different locations. It's not worth buying a year's worth of subscriptions for $15 to get a $15 off coupon because the likelihood I will ever use another coupon is very slim. What a wash. :(

Anyone have a spare God of War coupon I could use?[/QUOTE]

Sooo... You won't use a B2G1 new and the B2G1 used coupons in the welcome pack? You cray.

Edit: also I have a coupon for you if you still need it.

[quote name='eyeofnewt']I waited for GoW: Ascension to drop in price. I thought this was my break but BestBuy does not seem to keep the magazine in stock in stores anymore. I read on another forum (I think Slickdeals.net) that sometimes they will just honor the coupon if they don't have any @Gamer magazines in stock to buy, but I had no such luck--at 2 different locations. It's not worth buying a year's worth of subscriptions for $15 to get a $15 off coupon because the likelihood I will ever use another coupon is very slim. What a wash. :(

Anyone have a spare God of War coupon I could use?[/QUOTE]

You don't think it would be wise to effectively get a year of @Gamer and GoW: Ascension for $40? Okay...

bread's done
Back