Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Coupons valid 5/5 - 6/1
Splinter Cell Blacklist is on the cover of the mag/booklet
Prices in () are AFTER COUPON

$20 off Borderlands 2($20)
PS3 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Borderl...id=1218402136474&skuId=3433069&st=borderlands 2&lp=2&cp=1
X360 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Borderl...id=1218402131364&skuId=3433032&st=borderlands 2&lp=1&cp=1
$20 off NCAA FootBall 13($40)
PS3 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/NCAA+Fo...3662.p?id=1218538976471&skuId=4833662&st=ncaa football 13&lp=3&cp=1
X360 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/NCAA+Fo...3708.p?id=1218538976607&skuId=4833708&st=ncaa football 13&lp=2&cp=1

$15 off GOW Ascension ($25) http://www.bestbuy.com/site/God+of+War%3A+Ascension+-+PlayStation+3/5272444.p;jsessionid=C63EFCA189541F8445F2E596A50FB67D.bbolsp-app01-174?id=1218629939809&skuId=5272444&st=god of war&lp=1&cp=1

$10 off Injustice Gods Among Us($50)
PS3 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Injusti...p?id=1218705941927&skuId=5924102&st=injustice: gods among us&lp=2&cp=1
X360 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Injusti...p?id=1218705943570&skuId=5924139&st=injustice: gods among us&lp=1&cp=1
Wii-U http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Injusti...p?id=1218705944674&skuId=5924148&st=injustice &lp=3&cp=1

$10 off Fallen Earth Blood Sports or Rift Storm Legion for PC
($10)Rift Storm Legion http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rift:+S...8672.p?id=1218768192809&skuId=6638672&st=rift storm legion&lp=1&cp=1
($10) Fallen Earth Blood Sports http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Fallen-...dows/1122132.p?id=1218223233664&skuId=1122132

$10 off any USED game $30 or more http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Video-G...ed/pcmcat203500050000.c?id=pcmcat203500050000

$10 off SELECT Afterglow controllers http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...ist=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&fs=saas&iht=n

$20 off HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition ($140) http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Hauppau...608353.p?id=1218761710047&skuId=6608353&st=HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition&cp=1&lp=1

($19.99/$17.99) USED NCAA 13 w/$10 off coupon + 10% GCU
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...ist=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&fs=saas&iht=n

If you think the @Gamer coupons have been lackluster, want more total coupons, coupons on systems & PS Vita/3DS games SPEAK UP HERE so they will change them.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...-diversity-to-the-gamer-magazine/idi-p/650023

Last edited by a moderator:
Well this is surprising? My sub for @Gamer should have run out but I they still sent me another batch of coupons o_O
Nothing interest me so if you want any of the coupon just PM me. (First come first serve)

Edit: Injustice - claimed
GoW: A - claimed
Borderlands 2 - claimed

I dont know if ill use any of them. Maybe just Borderlands if it drops a bit. Could give out the other ones if anyone wants them and wants to trade or something.

[quote name='Dump1eSti1tskin']Anyone get their mag in the mail yet?[/QUOTE]

Just got my magazine today. Quite a disappointing set of coupons, to be sure.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Can anyone pm their Injustice Coupon, if they dont plan on using it? I've been dying to play this game for awhile and got denied a PM today.[/QUOTE]

Was able to score the coupon. Thanks guys

As others have already stated got the digital coupons in my inbox earlier today and the digital may issue ready for view as well :D. also got my PDF copy of it downloaded for portable purposes.

I've had the digital subscription since november and i'm extremely pleased with the actual image quality/resolution/colors of the digital magazine. it's great!.

As for the coupons in these things.. it varies for me. some are good.. some are great and most don't even catch my attention, mostly PS3 & XBOX 360 related stuff, as i'm more of a Nintendo guy.

That said, i've used a few of the coupons (save $10 off any pre-owned game $29.99 or more) and got the extra 10% off each of a little over a dozen pre-owned games on top of buy 2 get 1 free/buy 2 get 2 free deals on those pre-owned games. so it's already paid itself off (beyond really) for me in less just over 7 months.

I will say that i'm not too happy with the new 15 day PM/return policy. what's up with that?. my subscription expires 9/30 and i wanna renew again but this whole new 15 day policy isn't helping :roll:.

[quote name='Dump1eSti1tskin']Anyone get their mag in the mail yet?[/QUOTE]

Got my today. Now to wait for injustice or Borderland 2 price drop or a sale :cool:.

[quote name='The_cheapest_Daddy']Got my today. Now to wait for injustice or Borderland 2 price drop or a sale :cool:.[/QUOTE]

Sunday has Injustice for $50 and Borderlands 2 for $20 is a HUGE steal for the amount of gameplay, you'll get. I doubt those games go lower than that.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Sunday has Injustice for $50 and Borderlands 2 for $20 is a HUGE steal for the amount of gameplay, you'll get. I doubt those games go lower than that.[/QUOTE]

$20 for borderlands after coupon? Can't argue with your statement at all. I'm just in the stupid backlog crowd that can wait. It's just not one of the games that will be bumped to the top is all

[quote name='shadowkast']$20 for borderlands after coupon? Can't argue with your statement at all. I'm just in the stupid backlog crowd that can wait. It's just not one of the games that will be bumped to the top is all[/QUOTE]

That should be the ONLY expection/reason for not getting the game. If that's the case, then wait for the eventual GOTY/complete verison (that has yet to be announced, but more than likely will be). Hell but it might come out later if the rumors of Gearbox doing more dlc after the season pass is over are true. All I know is I can't wait for next month and Tiny Tina.

Surprised to see the magazine arrive today; rumors of all-digital have apparently been exaggerated.
I've been avoiding buying Borderlands 2 despite high review scores, because I didn't play much of the first and I'm a single-player type. But for $20, I may change my mind. Anyone think thats a good idea, considering the above?

its not exaggerated, lol. Anyone that as a current running sub that was physical will finish out as physical. Anyone new or renewing will have to get digital.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Surprised to see the magazine arrive today; rumors of all-digital have apparently been exaggerated.
I've been avoiding buying Borderlands 2 despite high review scores, because I didn't play much of the first and I'm a single-player type. But for $20, I may change my mind. Anyone think thats a good idea, considering the above?[/QUOTE]
I suggest skipping out on Borderlands 2 for single player. It plays out like a refined version of Borderlands 1.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Surprised to see the magazine arrive today; rumors of all-digital have apparently been exaggerated.
I've been avoiding buying Borderlands 2 despite high review scores, because I didn't play much of the first and I'm a single-player type. But for $20, I may change my mind. Anyone think thats a good idea, considering the above?[/QUOTE]

I played through the first Borderlands by myself and had a great time. Figured I'd try multiplayer with BL2 and I just wasn't having fun. I wanted to explore while everyone else just wanted to blaze through each area. I guess if you have friends with the game it'd be more fun. For $20 it's a lot of game for the money. Personally I couldn't maintain interest in the sequel as the formula lost its luster with me.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']That should be the ONLY expection/reason for not getting the game. If that's the case, then wait for the eventual GOTY/complete verison (that has yet to be announced, but more than likely will be). Hell but it might come out later if the rumors of Gearbox doing more dlc after the season pass is over are true. All I know is I can't wait for next month and Tiny Tina.[/QUOTE]

Really? Not supporting Gearbox's practices isn't a justified and reasonable reason? Okay...

[quote name='strait edge follower']injustice from the 12th to the 18th will be 40$ after the coupon. sales stacks could be making a comeback finally ![/QUOTE]

It was $35 at TRU a week or two ago. I PM'ed at BB.

[quote name='admiralvic']Really? Not supporting Gearbox's practices isn't a justified and reasonable reason? Okay...[/QUOTE]

Support them when they do good. Don't support them when they do bad (every game but Borderlands IP)

[quote name='usagi']I suggest skipping out on Borderlands 2 for single player. It plays out like a refined version of Borderlands 1.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't disagree more. Borderlands 2 is great for single player and even better for multiplayer (co-op). The story and RPG elements are interesting, creative, and fun and the basic gameplay of first person shooting is done well, too.

For reference, I will say that I enjoyed the original Borderlands quite a bit, although I find Borderlands 2 quite an improvement.

The first one couldn't hold my interest for more than an hour. I love the 2nd one though. I have primarily played it alone too.

[quote name='Scorch']It was $35 at TRU a week or two ago. I PM'ed at BB.[/QUOTE]

oh that i know. i just think its a big deal cause its the first sale/msrp drop stack we have had in months (not counting the fluke 1 day prototype 2 drop) ! lets hope the stacking continues :D

I'll chime in on BL also. I played through both games solo and co-op. they are both just as fun solo or co-op IMHO. I highly recommend both games for either play style.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Support them when they do good. Don't support them when they do bad (every game but Borderlands IP)[/QUOTE]

Between the...

- Terrible shift code service.
- 3 Awful DLC packs (though Torgue was funny).
- Asking for people to pay for the level cap increase.
- Lies and double talk (like how level 61 was never intended and would break the game).
- Changing elements without informing people (like how Ultimate Vault Hunter mode changes some elements and reworks things).
- Charging another $100 dollars for pretty much DLC in a fancy box.
- Slow to fix any problem in the game (Master Gee froze for most people till around when Torgue released)
- And of course "accidentally" decreasing loot midget spawns and apparently making the drop rates lower...

I have no how you can consider Borderlands 2 a good game anymore. It was great when it released, but after all the patches, new direction they're looking and double talk, it's hard to justify supporting them for anything they do.

However, if people don't care about Gearbox becoming a truly awful company and don't mind playing a game they've repeatedly made worse, then Borderlands 2 is something to consider. The game is slightly less enjoyable solo (partly because of running around / long segments of nothing), but you can still get your moneys worth. The biggest thing to worry about is "over leveled" people that will just plow through everything. Since the fan base is much smaller and consists of mostly high level people, don't be surprised if you find more level 45+ level people helping you out with legendary gear that can 1 hit most of the bosses on cycle one or destroy everything in cycle 2. Also DO NOT buy the level cap increase. Ultimate Vault Hunter mode is more tedious than enjoyable and you'll become too powerful to ever really enjoy the game on a lower difficulty. Not to mention that Seraph crystals will no longer spawn on True Vault Hunter mode.

[quote name='admiralvic']Really? Not supporting Gearbox's practices isn't a justified and reasonable reason? Okay...[/QUOTE]

If you stop buying games from companies because of unrelated other poor games they put out, wouldn't you be eliminating most games?

That's kind of like not shopping at Walmart because they sell cigarettes when you are opposed to smoking.

I am all for teaching companies a lesson and letting them lose money on poor products, but avoiding the company altogether is just not reasonable. However, treating a company's products with caution is totally justified. Something more reasonable would be to say that no one should pre-order or buy a Gearbox game until they see the reviews, etc.

EDIT: Just saw your follow up post detailing your complaints directly related to Borderlands. While I disagree with your opinion about Borderlands 2 being turned into a shell of it's original self, I understand your point about not supporting them for those reasons.

I have sunk tons of time into Borderlands 2 (playing with friends on both PS3 and Xbox) and have loved every minute of it. But I find that I am much less critical of games than some others...

[quote name='strait edge follower']injustice from the 12th to the 18th will be 40$ after the coupon. sales stacks could be making a comeback finally ![/QUOTE]

Was planning to do this PM since the ad got leaked but you're right I hadn't looked at it that way. Hopefully more stacking will come back.

You must not buy many games then. Most companies are guilty of some form of what you listed.

I will say that Gearbox never said they weren't going to raise the level cap, they only said that it was going to be hard to do as it broke the game when they first started to work on it. It took them a lot of work to get it right, they should get paid for it (it is free in the season pass though).

I have dropped 150 hours into Borderlands 2 and havent even went back for ultimate vault hunters yet, id say i got my moneys worth. I think i spent like 60 or so total on it with the season pass and some of the optional DLC. Don't regret it! Very fun game. Just don't get lured into hunting legendaries like i did. Ultimately a waste of time and very frustrating. Not sure why drop rates in a game with no progression are so low but whatever. Torgue is best DLC!!

[quote name='MellowSeth']I have dropped 150 hours into Borderlands 2 and havent even went back for ultimate vault hunters yet, id say i got my moneys worth. I think i spent like 60 or so total on it with the season pass and some of the optional DLC. Don't regret it! Very fun game. Just don't get lured into hunting legendaries like i did. Ultimately a waste of time and very frustrating. Not sure why drop rates in a game with no progression are so low but whatever. Torgue is best DLC!![/QUOTE]
Agreed! And it was free (for those that caught the promo)!

[quote name='WNYX585AM']If you stop buying games from companies because of unrelated other poor games they put out, wouldn't you be eliminating most games?

That's kind of like not shopping at Walmart because they sell cigarettes when you are opposed to smoking.

I am all for teaching companies a lesson and letting them lose money on poor products, but avoiding the company altogether is just not reasonable. However, treating a company's products with caution is totally justified. Something more reasonable would be to say that no one should pre-order or buy a Gearbox game until they see the reviews, etc.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, my comment had nothing to do with DNF (which I didn't mind) or Aliens and had everything to do with how they treat Borderlands. Another example that I didn't list above was the whole level 61 fiasco.

This ALL started with a trophy / achievement that implied a level cap increase
, which was reasonable considering the original had it. Since it was first mentioned, Gearbox had pretty much always denied any interest in raising the level and cited technical difficulties (one of my favorites being "Some of the design exploits that. Some of the impossible configurations, if they were possible, would break the game. Sometimes very literally. “Oh, that’s gonna blow memory. Your Xbox will crash.") as a reason. I believe at one point they claimed that level 61 would break the game, plus I recall one of their most common excuses was the ability to have 2 game changers. Down the road they started to change their tune, but this was after repeated confirming and denying of a patch being in the works. It was FINALLY 100% confirmed after an interview, where Randy claimed they added everything they saw fit. He also mentioned that adding the level cap increase in a DLC (Knoxx) was a mistake. He then went into how Borderlands 2 was "perfectly balanced" for the current levels and that resulted in a few articles claiming it wouldn't happen. Randy then came out and admitted we would get the level cap increase and it would be soon. By the time we got the actual DLC, it was followed with reports that it took roughly 1,000 hours (though plenty of information out there says otherwise, like Xbox users reported some people having all the skill points and the game didn't cause their Xbox to explode) and all for the princely sum of $5 dollars.

I added a spoiler over the explanation, since I don't know how many people care. If you want the short version, Randy claimed they never planned a level cap (despite trophy / achievement names) and that the increase would literally cause problems (mentioned an xbox would crash). Things like this are why I made my comment, since their poor ethics are spilling over to this game too.

Holy fuck! I actually went to Best Buy today to renew my soon-to-expire GC Unlocked membership, and nobody working at the store knew how to do it or could figure it out. I'm 100% serious.

They've been cutting back the hours for gaming employees and assigning them to other sections lately, and apparently nobody was working the gaming section today. I went through the whole customer service department, who (after putting out a call on the walkie and asking other staff) deferred to a salesman from like home appliances or something, and he tried to help me but couldn't figure out how to do it in the computer (at first, he was like trying to scan in the bar code from the unlocked membership guide instead of renewing it, and I swear he was scanning the free gamer's club barcode instead of the unlocked one on top of it).

In the end, I was pretty much literally asked to stop back in when someone from the gaming dept is working. Uhhmm...what???

[quote name='MR_E']Holy fuck! I actually went to Best Buy today to renew my soon-to-expire GC Unlocked membership, and nobody working at the store knew how to do it or could figure it out. I'm 100% serious.

They've been cutting back the hours for gaming employees and assigning them to other sections lately, and apparently nobody was working the gaming section today. I went through the whole customer service department, who (after putting out a call on the walkie and asking other staff) deferred to a salesman from like home appliances or something, and he tried to help me but couldn't figure out how to do it in the computer (at first, he was like trying to scan in the bar code from the unlocked membership guide instead of renewing it, and I swear he was scanning the free gamer's club barcode instead of the unlocked one on top of it).

In the end, I was pretty much literally asked to stop back in when
someone from the gaming dept is working. Uhhmm...what???[/QUOTE]

:lol: Sounds like your BB is dumber than mine, and my local one is full of airheads.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in on Borderlands 2. Mixed reactions. Think I'll wait. After all, I have a lot to play and not a lot of money.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Thanks to everyone who chimed in on Borderlands 2. Mixed reactions. Think I'll wait. After all, I have a lot to play and not a lot of money.[/QUOTE]

Count me in as one who greatly enjoyed solo playthroughs of BL2. Grabbed it on BF for $25 and it's been of my best value games in a long time. Lots of bang for your buck.

[quote name='MR_E']Holy fuck! I actually went to Best Buy today to renew my soon-to-expire GC Unlocked membership, and nobody working at the store knew how to do it or could figure it out. I'm 100% serious.

In the end, I was pretty much literally asked to stop back in when someone from the gaming dept is working. Uhhmm...what???[/QUOTE]

You spoke with the wrong person. The one who tried to help you is the person they hired in April of last year to write up these coupons.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']You spoke with the wrong person. The one who tried to help you is the person they hired in April of last year to write up these coupons.[/QUOTE]

Wth does that even mean? Are you just trying to be funny?

I got my physical magazine in the mail today. I thought someone said these were suppose to go 100% digital. I guess that's only for new subscribers?

In the end, I was pretty much literally asked to stop back in when someone from the gaming dept is working. Uhhmm...what???[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much how it is at my store, cut back big time on gaming employees. I noticed last time I was there they even removed the cash register from the gaming department.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']I got my physical magazine in the mail today. I thought someone said these were suppose to go 100% digital. I guess that's only for new subscribers?[/QUOTE]

I haven't gotten any of mine for about 2-3 months. Where do you get the digital if they converted?

Can someone message me the coupon for borderlands in this subscription? I signed up for this gamer club the 15 of April I want to get my the may issue so I can use the coupon but every time I get on the app it says account not found when I just got the welcome email a few days ago, several weeks later. I have called @gamer they said I will not get my first till June I do not see why this has to be so difficult. Plus I never got this welcome pamphlet when signing up.

[quote name='eej1422']Can someone message me the coupon for borderlands in this subscription? I signed up for this gamer club the 15 of April I want to get my the may issue so I can use the coupon but every time I get on the app it says account not found when I just got the welcome email a few days ago, several weeks later. I have called @gamer they said I will not get my first till June I do not see why this has to be so difficult. Plus I never got this welcome pamphlet when signing up.[/QUOTE]

My BB has small issues with the coupons spread around the store. They are like the size of a 5x7 index card.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']I got my physical magazine in the mail today. I thought someone said these were suppose to go 100% digital. I guess that's only for new subscribers?[/QUOTE]

Check out Q&A in Apirl or May mag. They still ship phyiscal magazine, but when you renew(mine is Dec), you will get the digital no matter what...

I wish they change their mind though, I prefer something to hold in my hand than reading in a computer screen.

[quote name='GreenArrow']Check out Q&A in Apirl or May mag. They still ship phyiscal magazine, but when you renew(mine is Dec), you will get the digital no matter what...

I wish they change their mind though, I prefer something to hold in my hand than reading in a computer screen.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. I actually prefer having the physical copy as well. I don't want to ALWAYS have to be on the computer.

its funny how ncaa football 13 is full price

not using any of my coupon's if you want them for 2$ shipped send me a pm

[quote name='Zygote']Frys got God of War Ascension at 39.99 posted today. Could we PM this and still use the $15 coupon to make it $25?[/QUOTE]

No. Unless you find a clueless associate and a willing manager you're not going to get a double discount.

[quote name='ultramanJ']No. Unless you find a clueless associate and a willing manager you're not going to get a double discount.[/QUOTE]

Ymmv. I have a friend who PMed injustice at TRU for $35 at best buy, and got his $10 coupon in the mail and got them to adjust it back down for that after the fact.

But totally ymmv.

[quote name='apterous']Ymmv. I have a friend who PMed injustice at TRU for $35 at best buy, and got his $10 coupon in the mail and got them to adjust it back down for that after the fact.

But totally ymmv.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming the $10 offer was upon purchase of the game and didn't show up on the receipt? I don't know but it sounds like it'd be easier to get the PM in that situation as the clerk might be unaware of the $10 gift card. Even then I see no reason to get shot down on a PM of some sort as long as the time frame was good.

I would imagine it'd be tougher to walk in and say I want to price match this game that's $20 less at this store and I want to use this best buy $15 off coupon. I'd wager store policy says no, but you might get really lucky and find a manager that doesn't care, and will just override it. That's what makes it YMMV.

[quote name='junkie88']That's pretty much how it is at my store, cut back big time on gaming employees. I noticed last time I was there they even removed the cash register from the gaming department.[/QUOTE]

Ya, a friend of mine in NYC said they removed the register from the gaming department at his store, too. Mine still has a register...they just cut the staff, so you can usually only find someone working in gaming on the weekends...and even that is intermittently.

At least I finally got my membership renewed. Even the gaming employee didn't really know how (Seriously, am I the first person in my area to ever renew an unlocked membership? lol) but figured it out easily enough. Apparently, last time I tried, an entire store's worth of employees was stumped by the complex process of selecting "yes" when it prompts them to ask if I want to renew and then completing the transaction. :applause:

bread's done
Back