Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Coupons valid 5/5 - 6/1
Splinter Cell Blacklist is on the cover of the mag/booklet
Prices in () are AFTER COUPON

$20 off Borderlands 2($20)
PS3 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Borderl...id=1218402136474&skuId=3433069&st=borderlands 2&lp=2&cp=1
X360 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Borderl...id=1218402131364&skuId=3433032&st=borderlands 2&lp=1&cp=1
$20 off NCAA FootBall 13($40)
PS3 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/NCAA+Fo...3662.p?id=1218538976471&skuId=4833662&st=ncaa football 13&lp=3&cp=1
X360 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/NCAA+Fo...3708.p?id=1218538976607&skuId=4833708&st=ncaa football 13&lp=2&cp=1

$15 off GOW Ascension ($25) http://www.bestbuy.com/site/God+of+War%3A+Ascension+-+PlayStation+3/5272444.p;jsessionid=C63EFCA189541F8445F2E596A50FB67D.bbolsp-app01-174?id=1218629939809&skuId=5272444&st=god of war&lp=1&cp=1

$10 off Injustice Gods Among Us($50)
PS3 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Injusti...p?id=1218705941927&skuId=5924102&st=injustice: gods among us&lp=2&cp=1
X360 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Injusti...p?id=1218705943570&skuId=5924139&st=injustice: gods among us&lp=1&cp=1
Wii-U http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Injusti...p?id=1218705944674&skuId=5924148&st=injustice &lp=3&cp=1

$10 off Fallen Earth Blood Sports or Rift Storm Legion for PC
($10)Rift Storm Legion http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rift:+S...8672.p?id=1218768192809&skuId=6638672&st=rift storm legion&lp=1&cp=1
($10) Fallen Earth Blood Sports http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Fallen-...dows/1122132.p?id=1218223233664&skuId=1122132

$10 off any USED game $30 or more http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Video-G...ed/pcmcat203500050000.c?id=pcmcat203500050000

$10 off SELECT Afterglow controllers http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...ist=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&fs=saas&iht=n

$20 off HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition ($140) http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Hauppau...608353.p?id=1218761710047&skuId=6608353&st=HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition&cp=1&lp=1

($19.99/$17.99) USED NCAA 13 w/$10 off coupon + 10% GCU
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...ist=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&fs=saas&iht=n

If you think the @Gamer coupons have been lackluster, want more total coupons, coupons on systems & PS Vita/3DS games SPEAK UP HERE so they will change them.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...-diversity-to-the-gamer-magazine/idi-p/650023

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Deader2818']funny because cheapassgamer makes me feel like a brokeassgamer sometimes, lol.[/QUOTE]

Lol, well that's different. I agree with you tho!

[quote name='StryderOmega']Site is called CHEAP ass gamer, not BROKE ass gamer....[/QUOTE]Alot of people forget that there's a whole lot more DAGPers dumb ass game purchasers who have backlogs like some of us but still pay full price. To them some of these coupons are huge deals since they would pay $50 w/coupon even though we all know $40 or less can be had with or without a coupon. These people will pay $40 for borderlands 2 not knowing a GOTY will be out probably by late June. And if all goes according to plan GS will have it for $20 during their summer sale around August.

lets see latley over the last few months we have had

.price match policy nuked which downgraded the awsomeness of the 20$ pre order promo
.mediocre coupons with repeats (no vita coupons pisses me off)
.beyond horrific trade in program
.no sales/price drops which can be stacked with the coupons

the only thing keeping me at @gamer is the 20$ promo. i got banned from trading in at the right time lmao. hope things get turned around and enuf my friend thank you for continuing to fight for us gamers ! thank god the dbz flip made my 15$ back on my sub this year lol

[quote name='Enuf']Alot of people forget that there's a whole lot more DAGPers dumb ass game purchasers who have backlogs like some of us but still pay full price. To them some of these coupons are huge deals since they would pay $50 w/coupon even though we all know $40 or less can be had with or without a coupon. These people will pay $40 for borderlands 2 not knowing a GOTY will be out probably by late June. And if all goes according to plan GS will have it for $20 during their summer sale around August.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know, but the value of the word Cheap differs from person to person.

Just like the preorder threads for msrp CE games, people always say not a deal, but if you really want it and don't get in on it before it sells out, then msrp is definitely a deal and a lot cheaper than scalper price.

So to me paying $60 out right to get $20 back in form of Store Credit, works for me as a deal as I usually save the certs until a really good deal pops up so I pay next to nothing out of pocket. (Latest example was using $50 in RZCs to pick up Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition and a 0.12 folder for exactly 0.11 out of pocket after a PM to Frys.com)

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Have you preordered a single game for 1000 RZ points? If so you already saved $5. So yes the sub is worth it if you actually play new releases and dont toss them into your collector/hoarder pile (backlog). I still love BBY and Gamestop. When it comes to playing games when you buy them its worth it if you know what you're doing.

Edit: The Bioshock Infinite glitch was also an added bonus for the Gamer Sub. Infinite day 1 for essentially $19.99.[/QUOTE]

What glitch do you speak of for infinite?

[quote name='kelo360']What glitch do you speak of for infinite?[/QUOTE]

Well it was a week - long glitch apparently as it affected my Gears of War: Judgement preorder as well.

For some reason (I can only assume because both games came with 2 sets of DLC preorder bonuses) it credited RZ accounts 2000 points instead of the normal 1000 points. Essentially getting the games for $40 off.

Did @GAMER go digital-only yet? I vaguely remember seeing something about that on CAG a few months ago, but haven't received anything physical/digital recently. Coupon + possible price drop on BL2 seems like a pretty good deal.

8Kva7Ju.gif

its just hit or miss and as long as they do the pre order $20.00 reward zone I'll be fine. Too many people get all butt hurt when they don't get a free game every month. Sorry but best buy still have to make some money to even offer the deals from time to time and can not give everything away.

Who is asking for a free game? I think mostly just asking to not give us coupons that are worse then ones they give out for free. Well that and I guess not taking only $10 off Injustice.

I'm not a sub but the topic title totally caught my eye. The $15 off coupon for GOW:A is a joke. IIRC, the past two weeks(or the two weeks before that) there was a $20 off coupon for GOW:A for FREE RZ members.

[quote name='AzGoat']its just hit or miss and as long as they do the pre order $20.00 reward zone I'll be fine. Too many people get all butt hurt when they don't get a free game every month. Sorry but best buy still have to make some money to even offer the deals from time to time and can not give everything away.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Deader2818']Who is asking for a free game? I think mostly just asking to not give us coupons that are worse then ones they give out for free. Well that and I guess not taking only $10 off Injustice.[/QUOTE]

What Deader said. The coupons are pathetic. Theyre worse than Amazon prices most of the time or sale prices elsewhwere. They really have been getting worse and worse every month. THough i do think the $20.00 pre order thing is decent, thats all they got. The actual coupons are getting worse and worse

the fact that free members had access to a better god of war coupon than the one paid members got is a slap in the face (i know paid members got it too but thats not the point). this is the second time this has happened if im not mistaken

Last edited by a moderator:
My sub ends this month and I don't think I will be re-subscribing. I haven't used a coupon since September and I am not going to read a digital magazine.

Borderlands 2 looks like it could be a good deal, but it is what we've come to expected from the way their coupon trends (a AAA title, 6 months from release gets a coupon for $10-$20).

[quote name='bruceg']Best decision I've made this year is to not re-subsribe to Gamers Club Unlocked.[/QUOTE]

You need to start making more decisions.

For the record, I got Prototype 2 for 5 dollars thanks to a coupon, and unless my memory is really faded, that was in 2013.

And I hate that God of War and Gears of War both go by the same initials, because I was getting ready to say if Gears had a price drop, I'd be all over that coupon, then realized it was God of War, and I don't have a PS3. If the God of War PS3 bundle has a price drop after E3 down to 250 or less, I'll get it, then I won't even have to worry about the coupon.

There are some good games in the coupons this month, but I don't think there are any I can use. I just bought Injustice at TRU yesterday, and already own Borderlands 2 also. But overall, I am happy wit hthe year subscription I since last August. I got ME3 for 10, Prototype 2 for 5, reward certificates for Madden, Borderlands, AC3, and Dishonored, plus a goofy magazine. Don't know that I will resubscribe when it runs out, but I don't feel angry about my subscription.

i think we can all agree that its not thatbwe are mad at our sub to this program but that were are dissapointed in the rapid decline of it thats all. last march was prob the worst thing that could happen to us with @gamer lmao

As someone who very rarely pre-orders games (this entire gen I've preordered the Skyward Sword collector's edition, Xenoblade, and Injustice. That's it), the value for Gamer's Club is in the coupons. And while none of the deals that I've been able to get BB to actually honor have been stellar aside from last March (the one with $5 Rage, ME2, and $10 Arkham City), this month's deals are insulting.

Anybody who is a Gamer's Club Member already had the chance to get Injustice for $60 with a 20 RZC coupon, WTF are they doing offering it for $50 now? Not to mention that, since launch, both Target and Toys R Us have had much better deals, and unless you are hellbent on the PS3 version you can go to BB without a GC membership and get Injustice RIGHT NOW for $50 with Amazon's price match.

GoW:A is the same deal. Already had a better offer for preordering. They already offered a $20 off coupon for it, WTF are they doing offering a $15 coupon for it? I'm not fond of repeating deals, especially this close to when they were first offered, but if you are going to do it then AT LEAST offer the same deal, not one worse. And, again, anyone can go to Best Buy RIGHT NOW and get the game for $40 with Amazon's Price match.

And Borderlands 2... I know this isn't helpful to 360 users, and this isn't necessarily a Best Buy problem, but it's already been on sale on PSN for $20. $21 if you bought Borderlands 1 with it.

So yeah, if I were still a paid GC member I'd be extremely pissed. This is a paid membership. That doesn't mean that you are going to make use out of every coupon that comes out, but when they can't even be bothered to match past offers, well someone fucked up when they came up with these deals. If they are hellbent on repeating offers they had only a month or two ago, at least match what you had before with $40 Injustice and $40 God of War. These coupons are worthless, and I can't picture any GC member making use out of half of these, except maybe to give them away to non-members.

It seems pretty apparent to me that this is as close to nothing as they could offer this month. They have to release coupons for members, and they can't just release a bunch of $5 off Ninjabread man and Aliens Colonial Marines coupons without dealing with a sea of angry members, so they pull this. I love Best Buy to death, but this seems like an uncharacteristically dickheaded move from them.

Last edited:
The optimist in me hopes for some price drops that make these coupons good or outstanding. The pessimist in me expects very little. However, it does seem a little early to bash Best Buy when the coupons aren't even active yet and there is still a month's time worth of potential price drop or sales opportunities that could result in everyone clamoring for these coupons. Of course, I said the same thing last month...

[quote name='WNYX585AM']The optimist in me hopes for some price drops that make these coupons good or outstanding. The pessimist in me expects very little. However, it does seem a little early to bash Best Buy when the coupons aren't even active yet and there is still a month's time worth of potential price drop or sales opportunities that could result in everyone clamoring for these coupons. Of course, I said the same thing last month...[/QUOTE]

I don't know how it is at your store, but the store near me that actually keeps a decent stock of games has quit stacking the coupons with sales prices a long time ago. Yes, I know the coupons say they can't do that, in bold even, but they do and all the bitching and phonecalls I've placed haven't changed a thing. So, yeah, even if these games did go on sale it wouldn't help me or anyone else shopping at that store. That and the poor coupons are why I allowed my sub to expire.

Not that they've had sales on these coupon games in awhile, not that I can recall.

I love all the bitching about $10 off injustice. Until it goes on sale for $39.99. Then, it's, "Got injustice for $30!!! So glad I didn't buy on release day! I knew this would drop!" etc etc etc (No I don't think injustice will drop to $39.99. I'm just saying how about we wait till the END of a month to bitch about the coupons?)

These early @Gamer announcements are getting way too predictable. It's like an Amazon Gold Box Deal announcement. What? No Barbie Horse Adventure or Zumba joke yet? I mean, we have people who aren't even subscribers anymore bitching about them.

Yes, March last year spoiled us. But that's over now. Either move on or PLEASE, I'M BEGGING YOU not to renew.

[quote name='rcerboss']I don't know how it is at your store, but the store near me that actually keeps a decent stock of games has quit stacking the coupons with sales prices a long time ago. Yes, I know the coupons say they can't do that, in bold even, but they do and all the bitching and phonecalls I've placed haven't changed a thing. So, yeah, even if these games did go on sale it wouldn't help me or anyone else shopping at that store. That and the poor coupons are why I allowed my sub to expire.

Not that they've had sales on these coupon games in awhile, not that I can recall.[/QUOTE]

I've never had a problem getting any coupon to stack with a sale price. I know different stores are more problematic, though, so I don't doubt those who have had that problem. Now that coupons are digital for many, that should make it even easier for people with that problem since the website doesn't try to restrict coupon use with a sale price (I think).

To be clear, i've never had a coupon work on a price match, but it's not supposed to anyway.

There seems to be a permanent price drop for Borderlands 2, $30, according to Gamestop ad this week. Hope BB does the same soon, then its coupon could be useful.

[quote name='infini2001']There seems to be a permanent price drop for Borderlands 2, $30, according to Gamestop ad this week. Hope BB does the same soon, then its coupon could be useful.[/QUOTE]

Borderlands 2 at $10 would be an absolute steal. There is so much content to that game and the co-op is done so well.

Nothing for me this month. I miss the nice run of $10 games from last year. BL2 isn't bad, but I've already decided upon waiting for the GOTY version.

[quote name='confoosious']I love all the bitching about $10 off injustice. Until it goes on sale for $39.99. Then, it's, "Got injustice for $30!!! So glad I didn't buy on release day! I knew this would drop!" etc etc etc (No I don't think injustice will drop to $39.99. I'm just saying how about we wait till the END of a month to bitch about the coupons?)

These early @Gamer announcements are getting way too predictable. It's like an Amazon Gold Box Deal announcement. What? No Barbie Horse Adventure or Zumba joke yet? I mean, we have people who aren't even subscribers anymore bitching about them.

Yes, March last year spoiled us. But that's over now. Either move on or PLEASE, I'M BEGGING YOU not to renew.[/QUOTE]

I'm not irritated that they are only offering a new game for $10 off. Yes, other retailers have done better, but Injustice is still what, 2 weeks old? $10 isn't a terrible deal a brand new game, especially one as great as Injustice. Were they to offer $10 off Luigi's Mansion, Monster Hunter 3, or Fire Emblem Awakening, or any other games that haven't been on sale at BB yet, I don't think there'd be many complaints.

What I'm concerned about is that these deals are WEAKER than deals they've already offered within the last month or so. They already had a deal on Injustice for GC members who preordered it. Not only did they have the same deal for God of War pre-orders, but they also had a $20 coupon available to pretty much everyone who knew about it. Offering LESS than that is insulting for a paid membership. I'm not expecting $10 Need for Speed or $5 Mass Effect 3, but if people are paying for the membership, they should at least be getting NEW deals that beat what you can pricematch on Amazon right now. Not deals that can't even beat what Best Buy themselves offered weeks ago. After all, why pay for the membership if I can get a better deal just pricematching?

This seems like a pretty transparent attempt to offer nothing this month. They have to release coupons since people paid for the memberships, but they are trying to pull a fast one by intentionally releasing coupons that are, for all intents and purposes, worthless. Which is unacceptable when they charge $15 a year for a membership. After all, any members interested in a $15 rebate on GoW would have taken the $20 preorder or the $20 off coupon awhile back. Or just pricematch for $38 on Amazon. Same with Injustice, who is going to redeem the $10 coupon when Best Buy was giving $20 reward zone rebates at the game's launch? These are deals they had weeks ago, so unless they somehow got a huge influx of new members over the last few weeks, then there's very little here to appeal to GC members, and they should know that.

If these titles go on sale great, but like I said above, some stores still refuse to stack with the sale prices, so unless they keep the stock on bestbuy.com up that doesn't help everyone. As of now, I don't think anyone can argue against the fact that, at the very least, the Injustice and God of War coupons are insulting.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']I've never had a problem getting any coupon to stack with a sale price. I know different stores are more problematic, though, so I don't doubt those who have had that problem. Now that coupons are digital for many, that should make it even easier for people with that problem since the website doesn't try to restrict coupon use with a sale price (I think).

To be clear, i've never had a coupon work on a price match, but it's not supposed to anyway.[/QUOTE]

I never tried to use a coupon on a pricematch from another store. I have tried to get the store to use a coupon on a sale advertised on either Bestbuy.com or in the Best Buy weekly ad, and have been refused. During March's epic sale last year I did drive off to another Best Buy and did get them to use the coupon on the sale price for Arkham City, but the store near me doesn't do that.

Last edited:
[quote name='rcerboss']

What I'm concerned about is that these deals are WEAKER than deals they've already offered within the last month or two. They already had a deal on Injustice for GC members who preordered it. Not only did they have the same deal for God of War pre-orders, but they also had a $20 coupon available to pretty much everyone who knew about it. Offering LESS than that is insulting for a paid membership. I'm not expecting $10 Need for Speed or $5 Mass Effect 3, but if people are paying for the membership, they should at least be getting NEW deals that beat what you can pricematch on Amazon right now. Not deals that can't even beat what Best Buy themselves offered weeks ago. After all, why pay for the membership if I can get a better deal just pricematching?
[/QUOTE]

You realize these deals are driven by the publishers, right? The fact that they were able to offer $20 in RZ points for preordering is because the publisher was pushing it. In fact, since week 1 sales are so important, there's a huge push to have preorder discounts. This happens with every title. You have preorder discount, go MSRP for a few weeks, have another discount, etc etc. Everyone on CAG knows the rhythm of these deals.

If the publisher isn't subsidizing the $20, do you expect best buy to eat the other $10 cost off of something that you pay $1.5 a month for? Every month on a different title?

Perhaps you shouldn't pay for the membership if you hate it so much.

[quote name='patsrule316']For the record, I got Prototype 2 for 5 dollars thanks to a coupon, and unless my memory is really faded, that was in 2013.[/QUOTE]
Wasnt that like a deal of the day (I got a copy)? Then price went back up. And then BB totaly teabags us by having it for the same sale price a day after the coupon expired.

Yeah, something like that.

They likely won't drop the price on Borderlands 2 till after the coupon is over. Doom 3 had an MSRP drop to 19.99 and it didn't drop to that price till after the coupon was over. Granted I don't feel we should have gotten a game for free, but it pretty much made the coupon worthless.

Correct me If im wrong here but since the prototype 2 for 5$ fiasco not one of the @gamer coupon games have gone in sale during the time the coupon is eligible , and seems like the same goes for the gcu unlocked offers online .

[quote name='kevlar338']correct me if im wrong here but since the prototype 2 for 5$ fiasco not one of the @gamer coupon games have gone in sale during the time the coupon is eligible , and seems like the same goes for the gcu unlocked offers online .[/quote]

dbz

Oh wow, these are pretty bad1
Only one with some potential is Borderlands 2, but I am holding out for the eventual GOTY version, so I won't even bite on that.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']Since you know so much about publishers and deals, why didn't publishers subsidize the $20 for Amazon, Walmart, Target or Toys R Us? Most who are bigger than best buy. Maybe they just like them more? Or maybe Best Buy takes the reduction to give credit because it gambles on securing preorders and making larger sales later and you know nothing about why $20 preorder deals go on?[/QUOTE]

Every retailer has a different pre-order promo. It has everything to do with what the publisher is offering said retailer. Which is why some games don't have bonuses. Understand that?

[quote name='alwayscheaper']Since you know so much about publishers and deals, why didn't publishers subsidize the $20 for Amazon, Walmart, Target or Toys R Us? Most who are bigger than best buy. Maybe they just like them more? Or maybe Best Buy takes the reduction to give credit because it gambles on securing preorders and making larger sales later and you know nothing about why $20 preorder deals go on?[/QUOTE]

seriously guy? you think everyone gets the same treatment and deserves the same treatment? It's all about what the retailer is doing for the publisher as well. When you see upcoming movies highlighted in every tv that Best Buy is showing in their sunday circulars, you think that's free?

Come on man. Think. It's always about scratching each others backs.

Or maybe its because BBY is the ONLY national electronics chain left.

The only store I see that may have more away on video games than BBY is GameStop. But GS is too busy shelling their used game section that makes them 300% profit.

[quote name='confoosious']seriously guy? you think everyone gets the same treatment and deserves the same treatment? It's all about what the retailer is doing for the publisher as well. When you see upcoming movies highlighted in every tv that Best Buy is showing in their sunday circulars, you think that's free?

Come on man. Think. It's always about scratching each others backs.[/QUOTE]

Its very difficult to argue with idiots. Just let him bitch. Who cares about him anyways.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Its very difficult to argue with idiots. Just let him bitch. Who cares about him anyways.[/QUOTE]
the funny thing about all of this is, half the posters who complained about this are not even gamers unlocked members. I just cannot understand why they are complaining, when they did not even pay the $14.99 membership. LOL

[quote name='ybx87']the funny thing about all of this is, half the posters who complained about this are not even gamers unlocked members. I just cannot understand why they are complaining, when they did not even pay the $14.99 membership. Lol[/quote]

+1

bread's done
Back